BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 305.
#7401 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I need help. In the middle of a game, one of the coils started acting up and seemed to fire on its own. The game screen then went dark. I shut down the game and restarted it. When it started up, the game seemed ok but very quickly into my first plunge, multiple coils started firing. I heard a pop and smelled burning. I turned off the game again quickly. I looked inside the box, and the only thing I saw out of the ordinary was this burnt looking chip on the I/O board (see picture below).
Note that I recently converted the game to the 2.0 lighting system. However, I played multiple games since doing that and everything played well. More recently, I waxed the game, and this was my first game after waxing. Not that waxing would do anything, but I did pull out the playfield a bit to get everywhere.
Any ideas? Is this just bad luck, and my I/O board went? Do I have some other issue that caused the I/O board to go? I'm really bummed out as I just spent all that time on the 2.0 upgrade only to have this happen a week later. Thanks in advance for the help.
[quoted image]

I wanted to follow-up on this story. I think my WOZ is finally back up and running thanks to the tremendous support of the JJP team, including Steve, Butch, Frank, Shannan and others.

I sent the pictures of my fried chip on the I/O board to JJP, and they were able to look at it and say that it was most likely caused by a 70v surge into the switch matrix at column 7. That really helped me narrow down where the problem came from. The current theory is that the tab on my skill shot switch got bent by the cabinet rail and was resting against it.

WOZ -- bent skill shot switch (resized).JPGWOZ -- bent skill shot switch (resized).JPG

Then, when the left bumper fired, the nut on the bracket likely touched the rail briefly sending the voltage into the switch matrix and frying my chip.

WOZ -- left bumper (resized).JPGWOZ -- left bumper (resized).JPG

I straightened the switch and tried to bend the tabs further away from the side of the cabinet where the rail is. I also wrapped the skill shot switch, the left winged monkey switch, and the nut on the bumper in electrical tape, just in case accidental contact is made again.

WOZ Switches -- electrical tape (resized).JPGWOZ Switches -- electrical tape (resized).JPG

I sent the I/O board back to JJP, and they very promptly repaired it and sent it back. Unfortunately, when I installed it, one of the optos was acting funny, triggering a whole row on the matrix. I contacted JJP again, and they suggested that I try to switch the opto I/O board with the other one in the game. The other one worked, proving that I had a faulty board. I'm not sure what caused that, but perhaps it was the same voltage surge. They sent me a new board, and now everything appears to be working after playing two games. I still feel like I'm walking on egg shells, but I really hope my problems are behind me.

I can't emphasize enough how helpful the JJP team was with this. I really think I would have been lost without them. Thanks guys!

Now for a Public Service Announcement: The next time you lift your playfield, check both your skill shot switch and the left winged monkey target switch. Both are so close to the rail when the playfield is down that they are almost touching. I've had problems with that skill shot switch before getting bent. Make sure it is not getting crushed by the rail.

#7402 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I would love a NIB RR! Are there still some out there?

I’m not sure one distributor said they are making more rr in future others told me no so I have no idea I’m just happy my wife hasn’t noticed this big box in the garage yet. She was in the shower right when the delivery truck came .. phew

#7403 4 years ago

Big THANK YOU for the follow up there. Thats definately not an easy to solve issue and will save someone some headache in the future.

#7404 4 years ago

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.

LTG : )

#7405 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.

Congrats! An invaluable resource to us who constantly need help

#7406 4 years ago

Thank you LTG. It’s a huge comfort knowing you’re here. A bit like Home Improvement!! You’re Wilson, the wise neighbour who you never see behind the fence but always has the words of wisdom to put things right!!!

#7407 4 years ago

Thanks LTG, you are pinball royalty!

#7408 4 years ago

LTG...you have helped so many in this hobby... I thank you for all you have done and continue to do to help us keep our pins going.

#7409 4 years ago

Ditto! I almost wished I lived in Minnesota!

Thank you, and happy anniversary!

#7410 4 years ago

Congrats LTG - you are a true asset to the community- wish you were closer

#7411 4 years ago

LTG! You are a true pleasure to work with! We appreciate you!!!

#7412 4 years ago

LTG Rocks.
I like the idea of today as pinside LTG aprrecition day!
Only have had my woz a month now, and LTG has helped me fix 2 big issues.
Thank you for all you do to help our hobby.

#7413 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I like the idea of today as pinside LTG aprrecition day!

No, can't have that. A lot of people contribute way more than I do on Pinside helping others.

I just felt like celebrating a little on my 6 years with JJP.

I'll feel like celebrating again in 1,229 days. The Golden Goose !

#7414 4 years ago

Is the art work inside the cabinet or art blades standard or an option on YBR ?

#7416 4 years ago

I’ve recently installed mirror blades on my WOZ, however I was playing a game and the ball got stuck, when I went to lift playfield, it was catching on something I couldn’t see (didn’t expect) but it was the mirror blade at the back, and I killed a decal... my fault as I didn’t put a screw at bottom back of blade.

I know I can buy a whole set from JJP but seems pretty expensive for the one decal.

Wondering if anyone here may have bought a decal set to replace a different one and have this one still available? Any other options?

Thanks!

61CCE320-9005-4CE4-88D9-450498CD2356 (resized).jpeg61CCE320-9005-4CE4-88D9-450498CD2356 (resized).jpeg
#7417 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I’ve recently installed mirror blades on my WOZ, however I was playing a game and the ball got stuck, when I went to lift playfield, it was catching on something I couldn’t see (didn’t expect) but it was the mirror blade at the back, and I killed a decal... my fault as I didn’t put a screw at bottom back of blade.
I know I can buy a whole set from JJP but seems pretty expensive for the one decal.
Wondering if anyone here may have bought a decal set to replace a different one and have this one still available? Any other options?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Might be able to rub that down.
Witha a grayer and some care.

You cant really see that area playing the game.

Get the blade protectors from pinball life.

They are worth every penny.

#7418 4 years ago

well my prototype was upgraded from an Atom board to a MSI H81M-P33/i3/8gb, v7 booted and all (yay) BUT the lights are now pretty crazy... Not sure if that has to do with the upgrade or just the 5v board.

Thoughts?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ahxi0c_5v2PVpJd9HYxREhXQdCYBqw?e=3bUfJQ

#7419 4 years ago

Good to know , got one coming .
The more factory mods the better
Some hate the yellow ! Some miss the monkey ! I like it !

#7420 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

well my prototype was upgraded from an Atom board to a MSI H81M-P33/i3/8gb, v7 booted and all (yay) BUT the lights are now pretty crazy... Not sure if that has to do with the upgrade or just the 5v board.
Thoughts?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ahxi0c_5v2PVpJd9HYxREhXQdCYBqw?e=3bUfJQ

JJP will help sort it out.

#7421 4 years ago

So after a week with WOZ, having ironed out all the new in box niggles that the original owner had never done, I absolutely love it. The hype is deserved. More by luck than judgement I managed to start 2x scoring with all lamps on, then immediately start rescue multi ball and normal multi ball. The game was going nuts. Lights were going nuts, I was going nuts. Such an immersive game. It creates an atmosphere like no other. Ended up with half a million final score.

Don’t you just hate it when you go for a fancy slap of the flipper button but just slap the side of the cabinet and miss it altogether and drain!! (No? Just me?) That’s how my game ended. Gutted.

Sorry... I’m about 6 years late to the party!!
This game is awesome

#7422 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

JJP will help sort it out.

That's the hope they did say early Atom prototype were orphaned to them. I'll try some led troubleshooting while I wait for their feedback

#7423 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

That's the hope they did say early Atom prototype were orphaned to them. I'll try some led troubleshooting while I wait for their feedback

Yep, they are really good

#7424 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Don’t you just hate it when you go for a fancy slap of the flipper button but just slap the side of the cabinet and miss it altogether and drain!! (No? Just me?) That’s how my game ended. Gutted.
Sorry... I’m about 6 years late to the party!!
This game is awesome

Yes I hate it and it becomes a classic drain. But it’s a catch 22 because getting the witch or ball skillshot is the fastest way to get fireball mode or crystal ball. It adds a layer of tension hoping to get it right.

#7425 4 years ago

I just love how well this game continues to do and sell.

If I pick one up, I'll have 3 pins in my very new pinball collection.

1) JJP POTC CE
2) AFMr LE
3) WOZ

I think that would be pretty cool!

And I'm VERY interested in TNA too -- especially for the price!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7426 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I just love how well this game continues to do and sell.
If I pick one up, I'll have 3 pins in my very new pinball collection.
1) JJP POTC CE
2) AFMr LE
3) WOZ
I think that would be pretty cool!
And I'm VERY interested in TNA too -- especially for the price!

I’m convinced that WOZ is one of the greatest pins of all time. I had another one of those games last night where I had three or four things stacked together and everything was just nuts. Love it! You won’t go wrong in getting one.

#7427 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m convinced that WOZ is one of the greatest pins of all time. I had another one of those games last night where I had three or four things stacked together and everything was just nuts. Love it! You won’t go wrong in getting one.

The best is multiball lights off scoring.

#7428 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Or on. Combined with Munchkin frenzy and a multiball or two. I’ve had bonuses up to 400,000 points. Just don’t tilt!

#7429 4 years ago

No doubt!

This only happened to me once on site and I didn’t even know it was a mode!

#7430 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

No doubt!
This only happened to me once on site and I didn’t even know it was a mode!

I love lights off but I still wish the throne room would be off too. Same with TNPLH everything turns sepia but there’s that big green light that stays on.

#7431 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I love lights off but I still wish the throne room would be off too. Same with TNPLH everything turns sepia but there’s that big green light that stays on.

I have a lot of spotlights on mine so lights out isn't that dark. From what I read it's not supposed to be a mode where you can't see the ball but just a mode where the target lights aren't telling you where to shoot. So having the throne room on doesn't mess with me much. Might be able to control that with another input.

#7432 4 years ago

My first issue on my WOZ, the 3 light strip of LEDs under the Oz
acrylic are very dim. They are getting 12v ok by multimeter,
so I'm
guessing I need the strip replaced. Submitted a ticket to JJP
hopefully they get it replaced under warranty soon.

IMG_4205 (resized).jpgIMG_4205 (resized).jpg

IMG_4204 (resized).jpgIMG_4204 (resized).jpg

On another note looks like I'll be selling my WOZ very soon.
Didn't have it very long but it's just not getting anywhere near as
much play as my other pins.

#7433 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

acrylic are very dim. They are getting 12v ok by multimeter, so I'm
hopefully they get it replaced under warranty soon.[quoted image][quoted image]

This just happened out of the blue after it being fine for some time? Looks like you have an ECLE, it's still under warranty?

#7434 4 years ago

This just happened out of the blue after it being fine for some
time? Looks like you have an ECLE, it's still under warranty?

I don't have an ECLE, it's an automated services exclusive emerald green. It's similar to the RR in terms of features level. ($9500 new)

#7435 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

acrylic are very dim. They are getting 12v ok by multimeter,
so I'm
hopefully they get it replaced under warranty soon.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Didn't have it very long but it's just not getting anywhere
near as
much play as my other pins.

Man..I would play it like crazy!

Pirates taking all your time or ??

#7436 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don't have an ECLE, it's an automated services exclusive
emerald green. It's similar to the RR in terms of features level.
($9500 new)

Ah ok, though that might be the case then. Wish I knew about the AS version, I wanted an ECLE but ended up with a RR to replace my SE. Love the green.

#7437 4 years ago

Ah ok, though that might be the case then. Wish I knew about the
AS version, I wanted an ECLE but ended up with a RR to replace my
SE. Love the green.

Yea I could have bought the RR or the emerald green and I really love the green powdercoat. I also wanted invisiglass, shaker, and the 2.0 boards etc. It's a beautiful pin, and we played it a ton at a friend's house, but for whatever reason it just doesn't get much play.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Man..I would play it like crazy!
Pirates taking all your time or ??

POTC, IMDN, MBr, AFMr all get twice the plays our WOZ is getting. It's not that we don't like it, we just like the others a lot more I guess between me, wife, and 3 kids.

#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I could have bought the RR or the emerald green and I really
love the green powdercoat. I also wanted invisiglass, shaker, and
the 2.0 boards etc. It's a beautiful pin, and we played it a ton at
a friend's house, but for whatever reason it just doesn't get much
play.

POTC, IMDN, MBr, AFMr all get twice the plays our WOZ is
getting. It's not that we don't like it, we just like the others a
lot more I guess between me, wife, and 3 kids.

Yeah, the WOZ is getting a bit of a break since we got POTC but I still love the game. When the RR shows up on Thurs I'm sure it will get more love. Especially the modding

#7439 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I could have bought the RR or the emerald green and I really
love the green powdercoat. I also wanted invisiglass, shaker, and
the 2.0 boards etc. It's a beautiful pin, and we played it a ton at
a friend's house, but for whatever reason it just doesn't get much
play.

POTC, IMDN, MBr, AFMr all get twice the plays our WOZ is
getting. It's not that we don't like it, we just like the others a
lot more I guess between me, wife, and 3 kids.

Sounds like a lot of positive energy with the 5 of you!
That's sweet!

Note: Had to look up IMDN. I figured it was Iron Maiden...but don't get the "DN" part...

#7440 4 years ago

I mean in fairness ... every other game you mentioned ranks fairly higher than WOZ so it's possible it's not coincidence.

#7441 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes, i fully admit that I should be better at linux, but the OS is designed not to be hardware specific.
At least that's what was mentioned in the past.
The 7.01 update would have an updated kernal for newer hardware.
At least that's how I read it.

All OSes use drivers, that doesn't mean it is hardware specific. The only hardware specific mainstream OS is OSX, all flavors of GNU/Linux, Windows are all non-hardware specific.

But of course that doesn't mean the OS can magically infer what new or proprietary hardware is or is capable of doing. "Drivers" is just an easy word for code that tells the OS what it can and can't do with a device.

#7442 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

All OSes use drivers, that doesn't mean it is hardware specific.
The only hardware specific mainstream OS is OSX, all flavors of
GNU/Linux, Windows are all non-hardware specific.
But of course that doesn't mean the OS can magically infer what
new or proprietary hardware is or is capable of doing. "Drivers" is
just an easy word for code that tells the OS what it can and can't
do with a device.

Basically.

A driver "drives" the hardware with software/code.

#7443 4 years ago

But...but

The last time I played WOZ it did that "Lights Out" mode and... I didn't even know that was a thing and I have only done it once (and I don't know how I did it), but that was pretty sick!

#7444 4 years ago

JJP fast today, got a replacement LED cable on the way!

#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The sooner you sell it the sooner you can buy it again.

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

But...but
The last time I played WOZ it did that "Lights Out" mode and...
I didn't even know that was a thing and I have only done it once
(and I don't know how I did it), but that was pretty sick!

Lights out is a mode triggered by the crystal ball. You have to light the letters BALL and then hit the crystal ball VUK on the left side. You can get one of a few modes, another is lights on. Love them!

#7447 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The sooner you sell it the sooner you can buy it again.

HAH I like your style

#7448 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I mean in fairness ... every other game you mentioned ranks
fairly higher than WOZ so it's possible it's not coincidence.

IMDN better than WOZ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7449 4 years ago

I’m freaking stuck ! What do I do ! This thing is freaking heavy !

4C4BB555-92AE-4B25-A0A7-40B81B51D201 (resized).jpeg4C4BB555-92AE-4B25-A0A7-40B81B51D201 (resized).jpeg
#7450 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m freaking stuck ! What do I do ! This thing is freaking heavy !
[quoted image]

Omg I made it . That was a pain in the butt

0E5CA30D-3AEC-4FB2-9658-7358FB559F3A (resized).jpeg0E5CA30D-3AEC-4FB2-9658-7358FB559F3A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.