20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 306.
#7351 4 years ago

I bought mine in August last year. I was talking with the JJP tech guys (for my DI) and asked about getting one. I was told they don't have anymore there but gave me a couple of distributors that had. I was told to make sure they were 2.0. They also said if I wait they would be running more at the end of the year. I did't want to wait so I bought then. But looking back, they may have been referring to the YBR version.

#7352 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just took this screen shot now.
[quoted image]

Thanks I see that now. Totally missed it. I know distributors were told by JJP that the 1500 limit was removed. Curious if there are any in the wild that are over number 1500. Distributors were also told more will be made later this year.

#7353 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It is supposed to tell the game if the ball was actually captured by the PF magnet so the Monkey can pick it up, they are difficult to get adjusted just right and at some point long ago they changed the code to just act like it captures it even if it doesn't so it's not that important anymore.

Ah great thanks for that mate.
So if the ball doesnt make it round to the magnet and the monkey comes down anyway and goes back empty handed,
How do you relight the capture Dorothy magnet again? The flying monkey targets seem to remain lit.
Apologies for dumb questions. I still haven’t got a clue how to play the game, nevermind figure out if mechs and working as they should!

#7354 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks I see that now. Totally missed it. I know distributors were told by JJP that the 1500 limit was removed. Curious if there are any in the wild that are over number 1500. Distributors were also told more will be made later this year.

I think JJP removing the limit is not true. If they remove the limit they would be opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit. They may have been talking about it last year and decided then to make a new version to avoid the legalities.

When I bought mine I didn't know of the limit, just wanted one based on aesthetics compared to the green one. Played both at Golden State and the wife wanted the red one so that was that.

The number itself doesn't mean anything as far as production. There is a roll of numbers and they just grab one for each machine. So mine is 1460 made Feb 2017. I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the last at that point.

#7355 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

So if the ball doesnt make it round to the magnet and the monkey comes down anyway and goes back empty handed,
How do you relight the capture Dorothy magnet again? The flying monkey targets seem to remain lit.
Apologies for dumb questions. I still haven’t got a clue how to play the game, nevermind figure out if mechs and working as they should!

It will just act like it locked the ball anyway and Dorothy is still considered captured so you can start Rescue MB like normal. When you start it an additional ball will be ejected to compensate for the one that want physically locked. Read the rulesheet on Tilt forums or watch @pinball_keefers excellent tutorial on YouTube (Road to SWOTR) for help with gameplay questions.

#7356 4 years ago

If the ball is too slow to make the magnet in time.

The monkey goes about half way then returns to the castle.

This is normal.

#7357 4 years ago

Thank you all so much for the replies. I feel much better now. It’s really isn’t a big deal then at all. The game just compensates.

On a side note, my standard edition 27/1000 has a clear coated cabinet. I thought these were reserved for the ECLE’s. My friend has something in the 800’s/1000 and his doesn’t have the clear coat.

#7358 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I think JJP removing the limit is not true. If they remove the limit they would be opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit. They may have been talking about it last year and decided then to make a new version to avoid the legalities.
When I bought mine I didn't know of the limit, just wanted one based on aesthetics compared to the green one. Played both at Golden State and the wife wanted the red one so that was that.
The number itself doesn't mean anything as far as production. There is a roll of numbers and they just grab one for each machine. So mine is 1460 made Feb 2017. I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the last at that point.

Yeah, sounds a bit odd.. that also they would compete with themselves in launching a new version and then providing more of an older version. Maybe they haven't made all 1500?

#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yeah, sounds a bit odd.. that also they would compete with themselves in launching a new version and then providing more of an older version. Maybe they haven't made all 1500?

Not really competing with themselves. JJP is targeting different buyers with the YBR.

#7360 4 years ago

Maybe they haven't made all 1500?

That's what I assumed.

#7361 4 years ago

I thought there was an interview were Jack said they had sold all 1500 but I can't find it at the moment so I could be mistaken.

#7362 4 years ago

Regardless, they are STILL churning out this table.

It must be special and I want one.

#7363 4 years ago

Me again

Ok, so I sorted the hall sensor by zip tieing it in the loom just above the magnet. Works a charm. Can’t sway in to anything to risk a short.

In other news, I noticed that occasionally when I started mutiball, the balls wouldn’t release. It would do a ball search forever but never realease the balls from the lock. In coil test the lock coil wouldn’t work. I had to remove the glass and manually lift it. Then it would work ok for a bit, then do the same.

Luckily I removed the glass quickly to investigate as I touched the coil it was red hot and then started to smoke.
I was in coil test at the time and it suddenly started lifting and dropping as it should. I obviously then turned the machine off and left it.

So in essence. The coil isn’t permanently locked on. It will function correctly sometimes. Does this rule out a dodgy transistor?
I’m guessing The coil is now fried so will need a new one anyway. I can’t test for resistance at the moment as it’s cooling down and I need to get to bed!!

This machine is testing me!!

Edit. I Have a theory and I’d be interested to hear your views. I just read a thread on pinballinfo whereby people had problems with the ball lock not lifting the armature as the gap between the magnet and the arm was too big so it couldn’t lift the arm. I’m thinking if this is the case with mine, the coil stays energised until a ball lock switch is triggered telling the machine a ball has been released, thus switching off the coil. Otherwise it continues to try and lift the armature.
Sound plausible?.? I don’t know. It kind of makes sense given that the coil isn’t locked on the whole time.

#7364 4 years ago

Me again
Ok, so I sorted the hall sensor by zip tieing it in the loom just above the magnet. Works a charm. Can’t sway in to anything to risk a short.
In other news, I noticed that occasionally when I started mutiball, the balls wouldn’t release. It would do a ball search forever but never realease the balls from the lock. In coil test the lock coil wouldn’t work. I had to remove the glass and manually lift it. Then it would work ok for a bit, then do the same.
Luckily I removed the glass quickly to investigate as I touched the coil it was red hot and then started to smoke.
I was in coil test at the time and it suddenly started lifting and dropping as it should. I obviously then turned the machine off and left it.
So in essence. The coil isn’t permanently locked on. It will function correctly sometimes. Does this rule out a dodgy transistor?
I’m guessing The coil is now fried so will need a new one anyway. I can’t test for resistance at the moment as it’s cooling down and I need to get to bed!!

DANG! You should definitely call or open a ticket with tech support.

#7365 4 years ago

Me again
Edit. I Have a theory and I’d be interested to hear your views. I just read a thread on pinballinfo whereby people had problems with the ball lock not lifting the armature as the gap between the magnet and the arm was too big so it couldn’t lift the arm. I’m thinking if this is the case with mine, the coil stays energised until a ball lock switch is triggered telling the machine a ball has been released, thus switching off the coil. Otherwise it continues to try and lift the armature.
Sound plausible?.? I don’t know. It kind of makes sense given that the coil isn’t locked on the whole time.

Does the lock bar lift everytime in test with no balls? With 1? 2?

#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I purchased mine almost 3 years ago direct from Jack. I was able to nail down with him #1939 (year the movie was made). To my knowledge this is the only one over the number 1500.

#7367 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just took this screen shot now.
[quoted image]

When I bought mine in 2014,new, it was #34. Advertised the same as this picture. 1500 limited,again?

#7368 4 years ago

The Monkey flew the Coop !

#7369 4 years ago

Me again

Your coil is very likely just fine.
I have smoked mine several times.
The wrapper looks bad but the coil is very durable.

Check for cold solder joints on each coil wire, flux and reflow them.

They are under the munchkin hut plastic and very easy to access with the playfield in the pulled out service position.

Adjust the lock arm a little closer to the coil so it grabs it easier about 1/16" closer.

LTG has some pictures of exactly where to bend the bracket.

#7370 4 years ago

Thank you all so much for the replies. I feel much better now. It’s really isn’t a big deal then at all. The game just compensates.
On a side note, my standard edition 27/1000 has a clear coated cabinet. I thought these were reserved for the ECLE’s. My friend has something in the 800’s/1000 and his doesn’t have the clear coat.

Very early standards have the same direct print clearcoated cabinets as the ECLEWOZ versions.

They were first on the line and the first games made.

There are somewhere between 20 and 200 of them.

#7371 4 years ago

Once again thank you to the pinside community for taking the time to help me. The coil still tested within range so it’s fine. I followed LTG’s picture guides from the other threads and it’s all good.
Until next time......

I owe you all a beer.

Think i also have my first lamp board issue. Ramp lock light. Works in test and cycles all colours. Doesn’t illuminate during gameplay. Well it starts lit then goes out.
I can see this game becoming firewood

#7372 4 years ago

Once again thank you to the pinside community for taking the time to help me. The coil still tested within range so it’s fine. I followed LTG’s picture guides from the other threads and it’s all good.
Until next time......
I owe you all a beer.
Think i also have my first lamp board issue. Ramp lock light. Works in test and cycles all colours. Doesn’t illuminate during gameplay. Well it starts lit then goes out.
I can see this game becoming firewood

Loose cable?

#7373 4 years ago

It works ok in test though. I’ll have a check. Since I turned it off and on again it seems to be working correctly.

Now I just need to fine tune that damn monkey who doesn’t drop the ball at the top. Most of the time the ball drops when you press the flipper causing it to vibrate off.

#7374 4 years ago

It works ok in test though. I’ll have a check. Since I turned it off and on again it seems to be working correctly.
Now I just need to fine tune that damn monkey who doesn’t drop the ball at the top. Most of the time the ball drops when you press the flipper causing it to vibrate off.

Yep. Sounds like a loose cable.
Carefully unplug and replug all the cables on the board.

Pay attention the the fine wires.
Try not to pull on them, but press the side release and pull on the connector end instead.

Try...its a very tight installation in most cases.

I have had the use a probe to unlatch a connector before and a pick to lift the connector.

#7375 4 years ago

Woz rr has arrived now to hope it’s mint and intact

9FCA9A1D-F81F-4BFE-BEEC-D1282F490EF6 (resized).jpeg9FCA9A1D-F81F-4BFE-BEEC-D1282F490EF6 (resized).jpeg
#7376 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Nice!

No powerwall?

#7377 4 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Nice!
No powerwall?

What’s a power wall ?

#7378 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What’s a power wall ?

Tesla batteries for Solar Power solutions.

Looking to get these and a Tesla) down the road.

#7379 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

AWESOME!

Do let us know!

#7380 4 years ago

Not even the home charger! That poor dirty Model 3 charges slow...

#7381 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Tesla batteries for Solar Power solutions.
Looking to get these and a Tesla) down the road.

Oh this is a loaner I have a model x . No power wall

#7382 4 years ago

Not to get off the topic too much from pinball/WOZ, but I have heard about the home charger.

I assume it costs more, but is easy enough to install/use?

#7383 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Not to get off the topic too much from pinball/WOZ, but I have heard about the home charger.

U need a Tesla certified electric company to come and install it . And also don’t forget it’s tax deductible !

#7384 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

U need a Tesla certified electric company to come and install it . And also don’t forget it’s tax deductible !

Wow! Nice!

Okay then...

#7385 4 years ago

How should the magnet that stops the ball for the winged monkey work?

When it is active should the ball stop if it is shot up either the right or left loop?

I always thought it stopped both ways but now during gameplay it only stops if shot up the right loop

#7386 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I purchased mine almost 3 years ago direct from Jack. I was able to nail down with him #1939 (year the movie was made). To my knowledge this is the only one over the number 1500.

I got #39 for the same reason.

#7387 4 years ago
Quoted from NYG:

How should the magnet that stops the ball for the winged monkey work?
When it is active should the ball stop if it is shot up either the right or left loop?
I always thought it stopped both ways but now during gameplay it only stops if shot up the right loop

It should work both ways if its lit.
Check/clean the opto's in the haunted forest loop. Might be unplugged, wire loose, bad crimp etc...

Check it in switch test with a ball

#7388 4 years ago

I would MAYBE pay $11k for YBR, but that $500 just hurts. I know it's "only" $500, but still..

Still REALLy hard to choose YBR over RR or EC (Automated).

#7389 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No you dont lol. :p I did the install myself. But if you have never done electrical you should have an electrician do it.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Cost is $500, have an electrician install it. Charges faster, and more efficiently so you're paying less $ per KWh.

Quoted from joseph5185:

I would MAYBE pay $11k for YBR, but that $500 just hurts. I know it's "only" $500, but still..
Still REALLy hard to choose YBR over RR or EC (Automated).

Not even close for me. Automated exclusive Emerald Green 2.0 all the way.

#7390 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No you dont lol. :p I did the install myself. But if you have never done electrical you should have an electrician do it.

Cost is $500, have an electrician install it. Charges faster, and more efficiently so you're paying less $ per KWh.

Yeah I’m not messing with high power voltage and a POtential fire hazard .. get a professional !

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea. I completely agree! =)

#7392 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It should work both ways if its lit.
Check/clean the opto's in the haunted forest loop. Might be unplugged, wire loose, bad crimp etc...
Check it in switch test with a ball

Both the left orbit enter and left orbit made switches work in test mode.
Anything else to check?

The monkey sensor switch does not work in test.

#7393 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

I would love a NIB RR! Are there still some out there?

#7394 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I would love a NIB RR! Are there still some out there?

Yep and they are making more!

#7395 4 years ago

6 years later and the game is still...AMAZING!? ...

Seems like it.

How about the code update last month? That's just impressive...

#7396 4 years ago

I saw that they were making more, but I would like to keep the monkey in the machine (they may not remove it, but they may... and I'd rather be safe than sorry).... and I like the RR topper the best out of all of them.

#7397 4 years ago

Are they really making more RR? Have we had conclusive evidence?

And then, are the including the monkey and are they updating the castle doors to the new one? That would be important to know.

#7398 4 years ago

Are they really making more RR? Have we had conclusive evidence?
And then, are the including the monkey and are they updating the castle doors to the new one? That would be important to know.

Based on the flyer in THIS thread, they are not modifying the machine other than to enhance it and of course put the new 2.0 light boards in.

I'm pretty sure as of now the YBR is the only one with the exclusion of the beloved monkey...

#7399 4 years ago
Quoted from NYG:

Anything else to check?

What version of code are you running?

#7400 4 years ago
Quoted from NYG:

Anything else to check?

Is white button left of the coin door pulled out to enable power?

Check it in game.
Press the winged monkey standups until the back board light flashes. Throw a ball thru the loop.

Might have to adjust the sensor so it sees the ball from both directions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/148?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.