Topic Stats

• 9,193 posts
  • 509 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by adol75
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0006 (resized).jpg
20191013_232803 (resized).jpg
12C2A44D-3CD8-47B0-9ECE-4B3A4A065315 (resized).jpeg
A1B3C77A-3D43-4097-95FB-25913EBB1E2A (resized).jpeg
C766C0B9-9884-4D2F-8619-918228E04EF2 (resized).jpeg
78DDB4E8-6BAE-4799-A6AE-2B59E8509FE4 (resized).jpeg
1FED3E58-3B10-405E-A266-B3AB69958EA5 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.59.38 PM (resized).png
IMG_0287 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191013-171847~2 (resized).png
E4C8E654-9FE4-4E68-9BA4-2B37848028F4 (resized).jpeg
2C895AD7-1A39-4E7D-AA81-38DB159F88E6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9193 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 184.
#7301 5 months ago

Anyone want to come to Michigan to help me setup my RR WOZ for freeeeeeeeee??

#7302 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

for freeeeeeeeee??

You're paying airfare?!

#7303 5 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Anyone installed the playfield repair decals? Looking for any advice, procedure, what playfield items were removed, etc. Did you mylar over them?

I didn't know such a thing existed for WOZ. Where do you get them?

#7304 5 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I didn't know such a thing existed for WOZ. Where do you get them?

JJP has them to cover wear areas like the state fair and between the pops

#7305 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mine came NIB with them installed. I was super happy they put them standard

#7306 5 months ago

Quoted from adol75:

Mine came NIB with them installed. I was super happy they put them standard

Are we talking about clear mylar playfield protectors here? Or artwork decal?

#7307 5 months ago

There are artwork decals but only the very early playfields might need them.

#7308 5 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Are we talking about clear mylar playfield protectors here? Or artwork decal?

Oh mine were mylar playfield protectors, they are not super thin though so sometimes a slow ball can roll around them

#7309 5 months ago

I sold my WOZ as miss playing it and pretty sure I’m ordering a YBR edition ?
Anyone play of of these ? I like the yellow
And had issues with the monkey I personally don’t think it’s that big of deal
PM me if you have YBR would love your feedback

#7310 5 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

I sold my WOZ as miss playing it and pretty sure I’m ordering a YBR edition ?
Anyone play of of these ? I like the yellow
And had issues with the monkey I personally don’t think it’s that big of deal
PM me if you have YBR would love your feedback

I played YBR edition at TPF.
It plays the same as all the others.

I do like the upgrades to the castle playfield, it needed work, and the 2.0 boardset.

I think the yellow color is a bold choice and brightens up the game a lot. It still needs the playfield illumination kit. They didnt address the poor GI lighting.

Missing the monkey is no big deal, sad, but no big deal.

#7311 5 months ago

I played YBR edition at TPF.
It plays the same as all the others.
I do like the upgrades to the castle playfield, it needed work, and the 2.0 boardset.
I think the yellow color is a bold choice and brightens up the game a lot. It still needs the playfield illumination kit. They didnt address the poor GI lighting.
Missing the monkey is no big deal, sad, but no big deal.

How have the improved door changed the game? Just reliability?

What's the flow of gameplay if the monkey doesn't lock the ball? Extra ball comes out on rescue multiball?

#7312 5 months ago

How have the improved door changed the game? Just reliability?
What's the flow of gameplay if the monkey doesn't lock the ball? Extra ball comes out on rescue multiball?

It just feeds another ball via the shooter. Same as if you had 3 balls locked in virtual.

Flow has not been altered. You still have to wait for the movie to end, the ball just stays on the magnet and drops into play.

My personal opinion is to get a RR version with the 2.0 boardset instead of the yellow, in spite of the upgrades for home use. It's just more interesting.

But I would absolutely get the YBR for location play. It's way more stable.

#7313 5 months ago

I am not part of the owner's club, but I finally got to play WOZ yesterday (Yellow Brick Road edition) at Pinfest. What an amazing game...so many shots and so much fun. I was blown away, and I have never seen the movie ( ). Thankfully, I made a new buddy who has one and can continue to play whenever I head to his place, as I cannot afford one of these myself. Congrats to those of you who have a WOZ...you certainly made an excellent choice it seems.

#7314 5 months ago

It just feeds another ball via the shooter. Same as if you had 3 balls locked in virtual.
Flow has not been altered. You still have to wait for the movie to end, the ball just stays on the magnet and drops into play.
My personal opinion is the get a RR version with the 2.0 boardset instead of the yellow, in spite of the upgrades for home use.
But I would absolutely get the YBR for location play. It's way more stable.

Thank you for my bias confirmation! RR 2.0 is shopping to me this week.

#7315 5 months ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I have never seen the movie

How is that possible?

Then again, I’ve never seen Casablanca.

#7316 5 months ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I am not part of the owner's club, but I finally got to play WOZ yesterday (Yellow Brick Road edition) at Pinfest. What an amazing game...so many shots and so much fun. I was blown away, and I have never seen the movie ( ). Thankfully, I made a new buddy who has one and can continue to play whenever I head to his place, as I cannot afford one of these myself. Congrats to those of you who have a WOZ...you certainly made an excellent choice it seems.

Start saving. Your life will never be the same until you get one...muwahaha

#7317 5 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How is that possible?
Then again, I’ve never seen Casablanca.

Dude, he's bind. Have some sensitivity!

#7318 5 months ago

The used/refurb ones should be ok.
You cant beat the $40 prices.
There's a new open box one on Ebay for $52
I would definitely get the ebay one while you can.
Can someone post the mainboard from a black arrow hobbit?
They are compatible.
Meanwhile there are plenty used mainboards out there or new for a high price:
https://ithardwarehub.com/msi-h81m-p33-lga1150-intel-h81-ddr3-sata3-usb3-0-a-gbe-microatx-motherboard/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqqrmBRAAEiwAdpDXtHTiCoX4EY_NppiUVG1qLg12-k_OyZhLe9ZI9peQLlNlm1kXjWtOmRoC6AUQAvD_BwE
JJP lists the populated mainboards for $199 but claim to be out of stock.
I would call and verify this, its also a good price

any chance someone have pictures of the inside of the WOZ computer to see board set placement? I bought new MB/CPU to upgrade from Atom in the prototype.

#7319 5 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

any chance someone have pictures of the inside of the WOZ computer to see board set placement? I bought new MB/CPU to upgrade from Atom in the prototype.

This work? https://mega-tokyo.com/blog/index.php/site/2012/11

Edit.. this page also has some: https://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index42.html

#7320 5 months ago

This is a pretty freaking good deal if you consider quality and rarity... there are hardly any ECLEs coming up for purchase these days.

eauclaire.craigslist.org link

#7321 5 months ago

First is early Atom board like mine Second one is the H61M board so that helps though it is a bit small to check all the details. Will help for now

Funny the article mention a "reset button" for the MB, I guess my prototype did not have one of those.

#7322 5 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

First is early Atom board like mine Second one is the H61M board so that helps though it is a bit small to check all the details. Will help for now
Funny the article mention a "reset button" for the MB, I guess my prototype did not have one of those.

None of the 1st run had reset switches. Just jumper the pins on the mainboard with a small screwdriver and you're good to go.

They added a switch later to the metal box so you could hit it from the outside.

There are a fair amount of pictures in this thread. Look for reset button pics.

#7323 5 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I can take a better one tonight. You can add the button, mine doesn't have it either but never needed it. I should really back both my jjp games up. How'd you end up with a proto?

#7324 5 months ago

Hi guys
Joined the club today with a HUO one owner. It’s a very early model, number 27/1000. The previous owner had it in his company office so it didn’t get a lot of play and the owner wasn’t a pinhead so pretty much all teething problems out of the box still exist. God knows how he played it. J108 wasn’t even connected so he had no slingshots, upper slingshot, upper flippers or state fair bumper !!!!!!
A couple of questions if I may? Switch D06 Monkey magnet sense isn’t registering. Where the hell is that, despite the using the diagnostic map I don’t know what I’m looking for.
Also the monkey sometimes only goes halfway before returning to home without taking the ball. I’m guessing this may be something to do with that switch error? Also he doesn’t drop the ball when he gets to the top.

Oh and..... what the hell are you supposed to do on this game

Thanks in advance
Gaz

#7325 5 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Switch D06 Monkey magnet sense isn’t registering. Where the hell is that,

See the playfield ? See the back wall of the playfield ? On the opposite side of that wall, opposite of the playfield magnet area, is a small sensor held on by two screws, follow the two wires, it pugs onto a small board near the rear underside of the playfield. Reseat it. And you can check it in Tests - Devices.

You might download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads , if you don't have it.

LTG : )

#7326 5 months ago

Has JJP said anything anywhere about when to expect the next batch of 25th anniv. Machines?

#7327 5 months ago

I was told there are no more Ruby Red editions being built ? That came from a dealer who is friends with Jack ?

Anyone care to shed some light ?
They are advertised on pinside for $9500
What’s up with that

#7328 5 months ago

More RR with YBR coming out? Would those supposed RR have old castle doors and monkey?

#7329 5 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Has JJP said anything anywhere about when to expect the next batch of 25th anniv. Machines?

Did you know Ruby Red are LE, only 1500 were made. I got #34 , nib, 5 years ago new. They are definitely gone , new,that is.

#7330 5 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Did you know Ruby Red are LE, only 1500 were made. I got #34 , nib, 5 years ago new. They are definitely gone , new,that is.

The ruby red is not limited to 1500. That limit was removed right after it was released. Only ECLE, the automated services exclusive emerald green, and the YBR are limited in number.

#7331 5 months ago

So ??? Are they making more RR ?
If so no monkey ? What’s the deal

#7332 5 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

If they make more, I doubt they will put in the monkey.

They would use the new cabinet and it wont fit the monkey mech

#7333 5 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

If they make more, I doubt they will put in the monkey.

They would use the new cabinet and it wont fit the monkey mech

#7334 5 months ago

Well there’s only one option!

BD6BED03-3558-48D2-8FE3-EE33C2F803B3 (resized).png
#7335 5 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

[quoted image]

There’s more than one option. :p
I’d buy an automated services emerald green WOZ before the YBR. Comes with most features the EC/RR had and has the monkey still and 2.0 boards. And costs $2k less. That’s the route I went after YBR came out.

#7336 5 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I didn't realize how far back the mobo is.. my phone was low on battery so I couldn't use flash. Let me know if this works, if not I'll take another in the morning. The game is still all open.

I doctored them up as best I could in Photoshop.

0504192109 (resized).jpg0504192110a (resized).jpg
#7337 5 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Saw this on a distributor web site. Looks like another run? Will they take out the monkey mech as well?
24A3D6B0-39C2-4FBC-BC79-DA413135F896 (resized).jpeg

#7338 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

There’s more than one option. :p
I’d buy an automated services emerald green WOZ before the YBR. Comes with most features the EC/RR had and has the monkey still and 2.0 boards. And costs $2k less. That’s the route I went after YBR came out.

I would take the same route. Just LOVE the Emerald Green.

I REALLY want this to be my 3rd pin...

#7339 5 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Saw this on a distributor web site. Looks like another run? Will they take out the monkey mech as well?
[quoted image]

Uh, it says flying monkey guys.. wrong?

#7340 5 months ago

I didn't realize how far back the mobo is.. my phone was low on battery so I couldn't use flash. Let me know if this works, if not I'll take another in the morning. The game is still all open.
I doctored them up as best I could in Photoshop. [quoted image][quoted image]

thanks that helps, i was just worried the MSI H81M-P33 MB was going to be longer based on some of the dimension i had seen out there. looks like it should fit fine

#7341 5 months ago

So, my wife and I have a WOZ standard from 2016, our first ever pinball machine. We still have it after 3 years, and I doubt it's leaving anytime soon.

I'm considering powdercoating the stainless steel (current picture below) I've seen the job Robert Stone (I think his name is) does, and he's fantastic. He does an emerald green sparkle color on many of these. He can also do a ruby red sparkle color. (He can do literally any color you ask for). I'm considering doing something a little bold, like sparkle yellow with blue or red flake in it. But, with YBR out now, my yellow idea isn't as fresh.

Any suggestions? I think yellow with subtle sparkle or flake would look great. But almost any color would work on that game, so many colors are featured.

IMG_3461 (resized).jpg
#7342 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So, my wife and I have a WOZ standard from 2016, our first ever pinball machine. We still have it after 3 years, and I doubt it's leaving anytime soon.
I'm considering powdercoating the stainless steel (current picture below) I've seen the job Robert Stone (I think his name is) does, and he's fantastic. He does an emerald green sparkle color on many of these. He can also do a ruby red sparkle color. (He can do literally any color you ask for). I'm considering doing something a little bold, like sparkle yellow with blue or red flake in it. But, with YBR out now, my yellow idea isn't as fresh.
Any suggestions? I think yellow with subtle sparkle or flake would look great. But almost any color would work on that game, so many colors are featured.
[quoted image]

Personally, and I have a RR on the way to me to replace my SE, I am a huge fan of the sparkle green. If I could have found a ECLE I would have jumped on it. Do the wireforms while you're at it

#7343 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

See the playfield ? See the back wall of the playfield ? On the opposite side of that wall, opposite of the playfield magnet area, is a small sensor held on by two screws, follow the two wires, it pugs onto a small board near the rear underside of the playfield. Reseat it. And you can check it in Tests - Devices.
You might download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads , if you don't have it.
LTG : )

Thanks mate. I’ve found it. Still intermittent. What purpose does it serve?

#7344 5 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

That ad on Hemisphere's site says limited to "1500 units"
JJP Site says "limited to 1500 units"
Automated's says "limited to 1500 units"
Where can I see or hear JJP say they ended the 1500 limit?
I have #1460, bought last year, 2.0 boards.
Just curious as I don't plan to sell it ever.

#7345 5 months ago
Quoted from avspin:

That ad on Hemisphere's site says limited to "1500 units"
JJP Site says "limited to 1500 units"
Automated's says "limited to 1500 units"
Where can I see or hear JJP say they ended the 1500 limit?

Kingpin posted here that JJP removed the 1500 limit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-making-a-yellow-brick-road-edition-of-woz#post-4704063

Can you link to where it says limited to 1500 on JJP site? I couldn’t even find the 75th RR on JJP site anymore so maybe I missed it.

#7346 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-making-a-yellow-brick-road-edition-of-woz#post-4704063
Can you link to where it says limited to 1500 on JJP site? I couldn’t even find the 75th RR on JJP site anymore so maybe I missed it.

It's still there and under specs says limited to 1500, I've seen the posts that they removed that limit but don't recall ever seeing anything offiicially saying or confirming it. I've also seen posts saying they are doing more RRs with the monkey and in the new cabinet but until we see one actually ship that's just speculation too. It could also be the YBRs aren't selling like they hoped and they don't want to canibilize those sales to RRs that are $2K cheaper.

#7347 5 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Thanks mate. I’ve found it. Still intermittent. What purpose does it serve?

It is supposed to tell the game if the ball was actually captured by the PF magnet so the Monkey can pick it up, they are difficult to get adjusted just right and at some point long ago they changed the code to just act like it captures it even if it doesn't so it's not that important anymore.

#7348 5 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

[quoted image]

Why did you sell your Woz in the first place? Wanted a different color ?

#7349 5 months ago
Quoted from avspin:

Very wise decision!

#7350 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just took this screen shot now.

Capture (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
There are 9193 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 184.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside