image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 306.
#7201 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its way easier to cut down the sides of the box from vertical, attach the front legs while verticle.
Lay game on the front legs.
Lift back of game onto a bar stool, install the back legs and then remove the bar stool.
Way easier this way and only one lift.

This. Absolutely do it this way.

#7202 5 years ago

If anyone near the Phoenix area is looking to “leave” the WoZ club, please let me know. Want to get my hands on one. Would like a RR and have had one on order since September (back then JJ promised them delivered by Xmas). I’m tired of waiting. Would like a newer one with 2.0 boards. PM me if you want to part from your game. Thanks everyone!

#7203 5 years ago

Its way easier to cut down the sides of the box from vertical, attach the front legs while verticle.
Lay game on the front legs.
Lift back of game onto a bar stool, install the back legs and then remove the bar stool.
Way easier this way and only one lift.

Unless you have a bad leg from a pinball machine falling on it and you can't lift the game up high enough to put the bar stool under it.

#7204 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Unless you have a bad leg from a pinball machine falling on it and you can't lift the game up high enough to put the bar stool under it.

But, how does laying it down and taking it out of the box laying down make that any better? Not sure I follow. :p I'd think that would be even worse then, yes? Those were the two options in the context of the conversation.

#7205 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Im in the same boat.

Too much heavy lifting from Construction...
Escalera, purchase or rental is the way to go.

Plus you can transport it with your car hitch !

#7206 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

But, how does laying it down and taking it out of the box laying down make that any better? Not sure I follow. :p I'd think that would be even worse then, yes? Those were the two options in the context of the conversation.

Its not that, its the actual single lift from the back on the new heavy games.

#7207 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was just trying to make a joke at the expense of Oneangrymo - however I do think laying it down flat on a lift (if you have one) would be easier than dead-lifting the back. FWIW, I cut the box, put the legs on, etc. but I did have some help lifting it. My STTNG which is not quite as heavy but still a load, that is out of the box (of course), I lower directly onto the HF lift and then raise it up to install all four legs. Modern Stern are light enough to dead-lift the back up and slide a stool under pretty easily so that's what I'd typically do with them unless the lift is handy.

#7208 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I was just trying to make a joke at the expense of oneangrymo - however I do think laying it down flat on a lift (if you have one) would be easier than dead-lifting the back. FWIW, I cut the box, put the legs on, etc. but I did have some help lifting it. My STTNG which is not quite as heavy but still a load, that is out of the box (of course), I lower directly onto the HF lift and then raise it up to install all four legs. Modern Stern are light enough to dead-lift the back up and slide a stool under pretty easily so that's what I'd typically do with them unless the lift is handy.

Oh yea I get what you were saying now.

#7209 5 years ago

Sadly, I have to leave the club a second time - expenses and taxes got me this year, so I’d prefer to have the cushion

Located in Arlington, VA, $8100 ruby red. 2.0 boards Feb 2017 build date. PM me with an offer. Will trade for STTNG, JD (+cash)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-56

#7210 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

If anyone near the Phoenix area is looking to “leave” the WoZ club, please let me know. Want to get my hands on one. Would like a RR and have had one on order since September (back then JJ promised them delivered by Xmas). I’m tired of waiting. Would like a newer one with 2.0 boards. PM me if you want to part from your game. Thanks everyone!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sadly, I have to leave the club a second time - expenses and taxes got me this year, so I’d prefer to have the cushion
Located in Arlington, VA, $8100 ruby red. 2.0 boards Feb 2017 build date. PM me with an offer. Will trade for STTNG, JD (+cash)

Looks like a deal in the making !

#7211 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Bummer that you're leaving. GLWS.

#7212 5 years ago

Working on it. Hopefully timing works out. If all is well, I’ll be hitting up pinside folks for packing/shipping company recommendations!

#7213 5 years ago

apinballwiz I hear you on the taxes, rough year, best of luck!

#7214 5 years ago

Does anyone have a playfield for sale?

Curious to see what's available, PM me please.

#7215 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

kruzman posted that he has one for $500: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/108#post-4949169

#7216 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Bummer that you're leaving. GLWS.

Thanks - I’d keep it if we didn’t have son many games, but it does not get played much by the family. have to do some maneuvering and I want to scale back some of the high $$ expensive games we have

#7217 5 years ago

Already talking - this might work if we can figure out shipping

#7218 5 years ago

Back on topic here.... Any real motivation to do this update?

#7219 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Back on topic here.... Any real motivation to do this update?

Support for new mainboards and newer electronics just in case.

I'm thinking of upgrading to I5 CPU and faster SSD.

#7220 5 years ago

Support for new mainboards and newer electronics just in case.
I'm thinking of upgrading to I5 CPU and faster SSD.

Thought crossed my mind about throwing a samsung m.2 pro in there which should last a lifetime and boost speed significantly. But I'm not sure its got the drivers for that.

#7221 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Thought crossed my mind about throwing a samsung m.2 pro in there which should last a lifetime and boost speed significantly. But I'm not sure its got the drivers for that.

Linux doesnt use drivers.

The micro code on the device talks to it instead.

Pretty much any regular SSD will work.

I'm not sure a m.2 with an adapter will though. It would be fun to try it.

#7222 5 years ago

Hello guys. Just joined the club with a emerald WoZ. I think I am having a lighting issue. I know there are issues with the 1.0 boards.

My lights are fine when the game starts. After a couple games some lights go out or some lights stay on the same color. Anyone have any insight into what is happening. Thanks.

I am eyeing those 2.0 board sets.

#7223 5 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Hello guys. Just joined the club with a emerald WoZ. I think I am having a lighting issue. I know there are issues with the 1.0 boards.
My lights are fine when the game starts. After a couple games some lights go out or some lights stay on the same color. Anyone have any insight into what is happening. Thanks.
I am eyeing those 2.0 board sets.

What version boardset do you have?

#7224 5 years ago

What version boardset do you have?

Not sure, I'll have to check. It's number 612, emerald green.

#7225 5 years ago

Never had one light board failure (early ECLE owner)...
I must be super lucky ....I thought about switching to 2.0...but then again I have never switched out one board ever...its still going strong ...so i will continue to play and at least I know if something does come up I could switch out to 2.0.

#7226 5 years ago

Linux doesnt use drivers.
The micro code on the device talks to it instead.
Pretty much any regular SSD will work.
I'm not sure a m.2 with an adapter will though. It would be fun to try it.

Linux uses drivers just like any other OS. :p

#7227 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Linux uses drivers just like any other OS. :p

Yes, i fully admit that I should be better at linux, but the OS is designed not to be hardware specific.
At least that's what was mentioned in the past.

The 7.01 update would have an updated kernal for newer hardware.

At least that's how I read it.

#7228 5 years ago

I have #622 and my light boards have been fine. My light problems have been with loose connections. You need to get a flow chart of the lights and decide where your problem starts. Like old Christmas lights they are in a chain and everything after the problem connection or board is affected. Usually you'll see normal stuff to point A and everything after that is bad. Bad usually means off color or whited out led's . These can usually be fixed by removing and reconnecting the cables starting at the cable leaving the last "good" light board.

#7229 5 years ago

Yes, i fully admit that I should be better at linux, but the OS is designed not to be hardware specific.
At least that's what was mentioned in the past.
The 7.01 update would have an updated kernal for newer hardware.
At least that's how I read it.

I know it can be confusing and I’m guessing that JJP installs the drivers in their image to work with their hardware. It just means that a different type of drive or board may or may not work. Won’t know until you try. And even if you installed drivers yourself to make it work, the pinball software itself might still not work if it was coded to use a specific device.

At work my team manages about 100 Linux servers and we have to update hardware drivers regularly to fix bugs or security vulnerabilities.

#7230 5 years ago

Anyone have suggestions on what I can do about this led issue? LEDs dim and freeze. It seems to be triggered (and sometimes resolved) by flipping the munchkinland flipper.

7.5v boards, and I’ve got W6 disabled and bypassed in this demo video, but I also isolated the game to only W6 and it does the same, no amount of bypassing various boards seems to be changing anything.

Added over 5 years ago:

Thank you kind pinsider for the PM with suggestion. The issue was in fact LED wiring too near coil wires and the interference between the two causing the lighting to go down. Used some zip ties to re-route and separate them at various points and the problem is "resolved"!

#7231 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Anyone have suggestions on what I can do about this led issue? LEDs dim and freeze. It seems to be triggered (and sometimes resolved) by flipping the munchkinland flipper.

7.5v boards, and I’ve got W6 disabled and bypassed in this demo video, but I also isolated the game to only W6 and it does the same, no amount of bypassing various boards seems to be changing anything.

Did you disable the bypassed boards in the service menu?

#7232 5 years ago

Did you disable the bypassed boards in the service menu?

Yes. That seems to just renumber the addressing so the correct lamps light when a board is bypassed. Also removed power from all bypassed boards just in case they are somehow dragging voltage down on the circuit.

#7233 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Yes. That seems to just renumber the addressing so the correct lamps light when a board is bypassed. Also removed power from all bypassed boards just in case they are somehow dragging voltage down on the circuit.

To properly bypass the boards you have to do it a specific way. It requires both changing the physical cabling to remove from the chain as well as then disabling inside the software menu.

#7234 5 years ago

So while raising raising my playfield I heard something fall off. Which is not unusually as screws are always coming of some playfields I have. But what I found on top of the computer box is a washer. But this washer has a plastic film on one side and it's covering the hole. So it was not being used as a washer. I've looked everywhere under there and can't find where or how this was used. Black on one side and film on the silver side.
Any ideas?

2019-04-21 11.01.51 (resized).jpg2019-04-21 11.01.51 (resized).jpg2019-04-21 11.02.12 (resized).jpg2019-04-21 11.02.12 (resized).jpg
#7235 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

So while raising raising my playfield I heard something fall off. Which is not unusually as screws are always coming of some playfields I have. But what I found on top of the computer box is a washer. But this washer has a plastic film on one side and it's covering the hole. So it was not being used as a washer. I've looked everywhere under there and can't find where or how this was used. Black on one side and film on the silver side.
Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check around under the playfield.

It might be a shim or spacer being used somewhere under a subway or mech.

#7236 5 years ago

Check around under the playfield.
It might be a shim or spacer being used somewhere under a subway or mech.

That's what I figured, I just couldn't find a spot for it.

#7237 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks for sharing. Shortly after I posted, I found one in CT (the early signed ones), en route nowhere and very reasonable in price

Next, maybe a JJP POTC playfield for wall art and backup.

#7238 5 years ago

Just got a WOZ from a collector storage, early March 2013 manufacturing still running V3.0. I tried the full install of the v7.01 but I am getting some serious Kernel error below. Anyone has seen that before?

I contacted JJP support but still waiting on feedback...

20190422_165528 (resized).jpg20190422_165528 (resized).jpg

#7239 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Just got a WOZ from a collector storage, early March 2013 manufacturing still running V3.0. I tried the full install of the v7.01 but I am getting some serious Kernel error below. Anyone has seen that before?
[quoted image]

So the error has to do with mounting the disk. I would try a re-install, maybe use a new USB stick. If you still get the same result, perhaps try re-seating the cables to the SSD drive in the PC box. If you happen to have a spare SSD hanging around you could also try swapping the disk.

#7240 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]

Bad file or incompatible USB disk.

Weak connector on the USB cable.
I also have an early 7.5v system and had to replace the cable with a better one for similar reasons.

SSD in the game is probably good although some people have replaced them. Any 30gb one will work.

Use rufus instead of unetbootin.
Unetbootin sometimes doesnt make a good image.

Use a USB 2.0 flash drive.
4 gb or 8 gb works best.

Although I am having good results with Kingston se9 early USB 3.0 data traveler 8gb drives off amazon.

#7241 5 years ago

Use rufus instead of unetbootin

+1

#7242 5 years ago

Bad file or incompatible USB disk.
Weak connector on the USB cable.
I also have an early 7.5v system and had to replace the cable with a better one for similar reasons.
SSD in the game is probably good although some people have replaced them. Any 30gb one will work.
Unetbootin sometimes doesnt make a good image.
Use a USB 2.0 flash drive.
4 gb or 8 gb works best.
Although I am having good results with Kingston se9 early USB 3.0 data traveler 8gb drives off amazon.

thanks guys.
Based on JJP support, I have used 3 different USB stick (one wasn't compatible and didn't boot) but 2 gave me the same Kernel error. The machine did not come with USB extension cable so i have open the PC chassis and plug directly into the USB port at the back.
I have used both US and EU image burnt with both Rufus and Unetbootfin, getting same error with both software.

I am happy to try a 4th USB stick before thinking about swapping SSD... This? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SOL9ZH6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_AGmWCbGW6XK7G

Red stick in picture
20190422_165535 (resized).jpg20190422_165535 (resized).jpg

#7243 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

thanks guys.
Based on JJP support, I have used 3 different USB stick (one wasn't compatible and didn't boot) but 2 gave me the same Kernel error. The machine did not come with USB extension cable so i have open the PC chassis and plug directly into the USB port at the back.
I have used both US and EU image burnt with both Rufus and Unetbootfin, getting same error with both software.
I am happy to try a 4th USB stick before thinking about swapping SSD... This? amazon.com link »
Red stick in picture
[quoted image]

Are you using PC or Apple computer?

Maybe replace the SSD.

Not too many have had to do this, it would be a last resort.

However very many have had trouble with USB flash drives.

USB 2.0 drives generally give the fewest problems.

#7244 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

thanks guys.
I am happy to try a 4th USB stick before thinking about swapping SSD... This? amazon.com link »
Red stick in picture
[quoted image]

I use this for all my JJP games without issue. I use 8gb to 32gb SD and mini SD cards with it. They all work fine.

Note this is just an SD card usb stick, you need an SD card too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046TJG1U

#7245 5 years ago

Tell me something good.

#7246 5 years ago

thanks guys, i'll try another USB stick though i doubt it would make a difference at this point.

i'll wait on JJP before ordering a new SSD/SSD cable to see if they have other advice for that problem?

#7247 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

thanks guys, i'll try another USB stick though i doubt it would make a difference at this point.
i'll wait on JJP before ordering a new SSD/SSD cable to see if they have other advice for that problem?

You don't need to order a cable, dont waste their time.

Better ones are available everywhere.

Just get a male/female USB cable 5 or 6 feet long if you want it.

Best buy. Home depot. Walmart. Etc.

#7248 5 years ago

My WOZ RR shipping soon, no radcals they dont make them anymore

#7249 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]

Check the serial number of your pinball, if it is a prototype, you can't install the new versions of software

#7250 5 years ago
Quoted from springer77:

Check the serial number of your pinball, if it is a prototype, you can't install the new versions of software

I was afraid of that possibility, how can i tell if it is a proto from the S/N?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/145?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.