20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 306.
#7151 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The first difference I noticed right away was the lack of audio when you plunge the ball now.

Is that launch ball sound a setting/option now? Or is it simply gone in 7.01? I actually love the sound when plunging the ball so I don't want it to go away.

#7152 5 years ago

New 7.01 code works great. USB backup/restore worked great too.
The first difference I noticed right away was the lack of audio when you plunge the ball now. Flying monkey capturing Dorothy seems exactly the same. I was wondering if I would see a difference in that.
Trying to notice other differences but just not seeing them right now.

If you go in and disable the flying monkey I'm guessing you'll see the video sequence / sound that those lucky ( ) YBR owners will get, if it's different at all.

#7153 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you go in and disable the flying monkey I'm guessing you'll see the video sequence / sound that those lucky ( ) YBR owners will get, if it's different at all.

To see the sequence I think you need the YBR dongle.

#7154 5 years ago

I missed this the first time reading the changelog, I guess that confirms that any new RRs will be in the new style cabs with everything moved to the head as was suggested. Also means that, unless they change what they said about those future RRs still having it, the Flying Monkey mech will fit in the 2.0 cab.

"Support for cabinet 2.0 switches and headphone jack/volume switches (new
YBRs and 75ths)."

#7155 5 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

Hey guys! I just purchased a brand new WOZ RR 75th anniversary pinball from Michael at pinballs.com, however, i notice everything seemed to be opened already. I've seen several unboxing of the WOZRR and the accessories such as balls, extra parts are all sealed in sections, but mines came opened and all placed in a zip loc bag. It also arrived without the topper. Also, in the unboxing videos of the brand new machine, the playfield suppose to have a protective plastic on it that you have to peel, but mines didn't have that. I'm a little disappointed that I paid for a brand new pinball, but it seems like it was previously opened. Does this happen often that the company would open to test the machine before shipping to their customers or did they send me a floor model and sold it as new? I am new to the pinball community and this is my first pinball. So I'm not sure if this is something that happens often. Please advise and let me know how to tell if my pinball machine is brand new or previously used. Thank you!

I think you purchased a floor model. Seems to be what he had advertised on website for a bit. Not necessarily a bad thing!

#7156 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I think you purchased a floor model. Seems to be what he had advertised on website for a bit. Not necessarily a bad thing!

It is if he paid $9500 plus shipping for it!

#7157 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

To see the sequence I think you need the YBR dongle.

This should be correct.

#7158 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This should be correct.

Didn't know there was a dongle but that makes sense, I just based my guess off of this:

* Virtual Monkey ball lock now holds ball for all of the display effect (both
for YBR games and any time virtual lock is turned on in settings or Monkey
auto-disabled by game).

#7159 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It is if he paid $9500 plus shipping for it!

Agreed. The only Ruby Reds he had at least on his website were clearly described as Floor Models. Only his green ones were NIB.

#7160 5 years ago

I'm running Ver. 6.5. Can I upgrade directly to 7.1 or need to install each upgrade after 6.5 one at a time?

#7161 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm running Ver. 6.5. Can I upgrade directly to 7.1 or need to install each upgrade after 6.5 one at a time?

You just install 7.01 regardless of existing version. It's a full install, not a delta upgrade.

#7162 5 years ago

Dongle is programmed with the game serial number which tells it which model of WOZ you have and the code adjusts from there.

#7164 5 years ago

Man... I like the plunge sounds, is there a way to toggle it in settings?

#7165 5 years ago

I must admit, I do miss the plunger audio.
No setting that I can find

#7166 5 years ago

Thats it!, im selling my WOZ... JK but man that kinda is a bummer.

#7167 5 years ago

Email Lloyd LTG I bet they’ll add it back as an option if enough ya want it.

#7168 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thats it!, im selling my WOZ... JK but man that kinda is a bummer.

No shooter lane noise in 7.0???
This is a game changer for sure.

#7169 5 years ago

Think I’ll stick with where I’m at. New code sounds like a downgrade.........

#7170 5 years ago

I’m on 7.01 and the plunger sound is still there. Not sure why yours are not?

#7171 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’m on 7.01 and the plunger sound is still there. Not sure why yours are not?

What the???

#7172 5 years ago

Running 7.01 Ruby Red - still have the plunger sounds also

#7173 5 years ago

Ok guys. I ran the full 7.01 update again and the USB settings restore again and now the plunger shooter lane audio is back. VERY strange. It didn't even occur to me that the update needed to be re-run.
Sorry for any confusion

#7174 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Didn't know there was a dongle but that makes sense, I just based my guess off of this:
* Virtual Monkey ball lock now holds ball for all of the display effect (both
for YBR games and any time virtual lock is turned on in settings or Monkey
auto-disabled by game).

Agreed, this should be available for all models when you turn off the monkey mech. That is what it sounds like here and is most logical.

#7175 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agreed, this should be available for all models when you turn off the monkey mech. That is what it sounds like here and is most logical.

2000$ for a 10 seconds video, I think I’ll just keep my monkey !

#7176 5 years ago

Ok guys. I ran the full 7.01 update again and the USB settings restore again and now the plunger shooter lane audio is back. VERY strange. It didn't even occur to me that the update needed to be re-run.

On a similar topic I discovered that using a different thumb drive made a difference and I had to reinstall the full code a couple of times on my Dialed In as part of solving my Phone display issues.

#7177 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

2000$ for a 10 seconds video, I think I’ll just keep my monkey !

Has anyone confirmed that there is a different Monkey Capture video on YBR editions?

At the reveal Jack mentioned that the video was there. I took this to mean the capture video still played to let you know that Dorothy had been captured as well as having the game tell that part of the story.
I thought he was trying to allay concerns that without the monkey moving to physically capture the ball you wouldn't be able to tell that the capture happened.

I don't know why they would have a specific YBR video when the standard video pretty much sums it all up.

Can anyone put this to rest? Is there a different video for monkey capture in the YBR edition?

#7178 5 years ago

Who knows which way and direction this eddy sensor for the monkey on backboard faces?
Found my problem after looking back there 10 times.
Sensor was dangling and barely held on by one tiny screw.
Is it in right location?
And, which way should it point?
Thanks
Eric
Edit; this is the monkey eddy sensor on the back of the backboard. I also I only see one hole, seems its always been held on by just the one screw.

20190416_233122 (resized).jpg20190416_233122 (resized).jpg20190416_233126 (resized).jpg20190416_233126 (resized).jpg20190416_233129 (resized).jpg20190416_233129 (resized).jpg

#7179 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

You might have purchased mine I traded in 2 months ago...It was in pristine condition, He told me he was going to convert to 2.0 system and put up for sale. when was the game made?

#7180 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who knows which way and direction this eddy sensor for the monkey on backboard faces?
Found my problem after looking back there 10 times.
Sensor was dangling and barely held on by one tiny screw.
Is it in right location?
And, which way should it point?
Thanks
Eric
Edit; this is the monkey eddy sensor on the back of the backboard. I also I only see one hole, seems its always been held on by just the one screw.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks correct.
People turn it or even flip them over to get better performance.

Basically turn it to get it to better line up with tha magnet on the playfield.

If it was dangling, that was wrong.
It's not super tight. That would break it.

It just has to be touching the wood and inline with the magnet.

You can turn it to make it respond earlier ot later after its mounted.

It's a fine tuning adjustment.

#7181 5 years ago

Magnet sense board components face in towards the back of the back panel do not overtighten

#7182 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

You might have purchased mine I traded in 2 months ago...It was in pristine condition, He told me he was going to convert to 2.0 system and put up for sale. when was the game made?

Think you're referring to a purchase made by thanhdlam1985, I just commented on it.

#7183 5 years ago

The Shadow knows.

In your PM, I sent you all the hints I've collected to help with that little sensor.

LTG : )

#7184 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wait so what is displayed on screen for those of us using the monkey is different than what those with YBR or using virtual lock are seeing? What would they show? I'm surprised they just wouldn't still show the monkeys carrying dorothy off? hehe

#7185 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Wait so what is displayed on screen for those of us using the monkey is different than what those with YBR or using virtual lock are seeing? What would they show? I'm surprised they just wouldn't still show the monkeys carrying dorothy off? hehe

Its a slightly modified film clip.
Ball rests on the magnet until film ends and rolls down into play

#7186 5 years ago

I can't seem to get my update to work. I downloaded 7.01 to the computer. I get a disc icon with Wizard of Oz v07.01. I right click on icon and send to formatted USB. WOZ doesn't seem to recognize update. I keep getting Version 6.5 on start up.

#7187 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I can't seem to get my update to work. I downloaded 7.01 to the computer. I get a disc icon with Wizard of Oz v07.01. I right click on icon and send to formatted USB. WOZ doesn't seem to recognize update. I keep getting Version 6.5 on start up.

Follow instructions here:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#7188 5 years ago

You need to use Rufus or unetbootin to make your flash stick for a full install update like 7.01

#7189 5 years ago

Thanks a lot!!! You RULE! It had been quite a while since I updated so I was very rusty. The WOZ file stopped at 37% from the above link (stuff happens) so I downloaded direct from t he JJP website. Then just followed directions on above link. I even saved my old settings and reloaded sucessfully which is a real time saver.

#7190 5 years ago

According to JJP website WOZ weighs 395 lbs.. is that right??

#7191 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

According to JJP website WOZ weighs 395 lbs.. is that right??

Seems right. Just moved it last Friday.

#7192 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seems right. Just moved it last Friday.

395 unboxed?

#7193 5 years ago

Just moved one with help on Monday. If STTNG is a pig, then WOZ is a cow. Heavy. Use a good appliance dolly!

#7194 5 years ago

Escalera all the way

56a24aaeb1237db891962521ceaf23ee754c6b1f (resized).jpg56a24aaeb1237db891962521ceaf23ee754c6b1f (resized).jpgc661d53e915ca48fbe7d7d504058dbeb9f89cc94 (resized).jpgc661d53e915ca48fbe7d7d504058dbeb9f89cc94 (resized).jpg
#7195 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Escalera all the way
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok you took it down stairs with the machine. Did you lay it on the ground yourself flat? Did you need help with that part?

#7196 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok you took it down stairs with the machine. Did you lay it on the ground yourself flat? Did you need help with that part?

Laid it down myself. I'm going to do a video on my next pin to show the whole thing start to finish. Here is a pic of just before I lay it down. You position the rubber feet of the lifting part of the escalera to prevent it from moving while you lay it down. Then I just start to tip the pin towards the escalera, let gravity do most of the work, and it's able to be laid down relatively easy onto the plate. Since the escalera is taking a brunt of the weight, it's not too difficult.
9045901c77237677e40c40e35faf54283c2f6129 (resized).jpg9045901c77237677e40c40e35faf54283c2f6129 (resized).jpg

The full process is:

I open the game standing up outside, shimmy it out of the box, and then strap the escalera (without forks, takes 30 seconds to remove them) to it and haul it downstairs. I then leave the pin standing, and get the forks and lift plate onto my escalera (takes 30 seconds), at which point I move it over to where the pin is. I am able to lay the pin down myself onto the lift plate. Crank the plate up to lift the pin, install the legs, set it down and cut the shipping strap that holds the head to the pin. Put the head up. Last, lift the pin again using the escalera, and wheel it into place!

#7197 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

With the Escalera, from vertical, you lay it onto the pinball plate and winch it up. No heavy lifting, controlled lowering perhaps.

Its quite slick.

#7198 5 years ago

I think Hobbit is heavier...

#7199 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice this was helpful. I just realized today that my walk out basement sliding door can open another few inches if I take the door handle off! I think I can get an easy 31-32" Now I should be able to get Woz with the box into my basement for unboxing. I will lay it on the ground to slide it out of the box.. that should make things easy.

#7200 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the advice this was helpful. I just realized today that my walk out basement sliding door can open another few inches if I take the door handle off! I think I can get an easy 31-32" Now I should be able to get Woz with the box into my basement for unboxing. I will lay it on the ground to slide it out of the box.. that should make things easy.

Its way easier to cut down the sides of the box from vertical, attach the front legs while verticle.

Lay game on the front legs.

Lift back of game onto a bar stool, install the back legs and then remove the bar stool.

Way easier this way and only one lift.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/144?hl=kickthefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.