767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 306.
#6951 5 years ago

Ok so I have a standard Edition with Invisiglass shaker motor and Timber signed Apron and topper
so what do you call that version

#6952 5 years ago

An 'Automated Custom LE' or "WOZ GREEN" like the stamp on the box

It's a beauty, just not a WOZ ECLE which should be perfectly alright by you.

#6953 5 years ago

Im down for a WOZ, but I need a flying monkey and the yellow just doesn't do it for me. Someone here mentioned looks like a banana, and that's all I keep seeing now, a giant banana.

41TnX64zogL (resized).jpg41TnX64zogL (resized).jpg
#6954 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This. I think automated MIGHT have one left. If not, they have their Emerald Green LE like the one I bought.
PS. my monkey hasn't given me any monkey business

How many LE’s do we really need. There is only one ECLE. You bought a standard made green, technically a modded out standard.

#6955 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

What was the price on the green "LE"?

$9250 wire transfer plus shipping

#6956 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Ok so I have a standard Edition with Invisiglass shaker motor and Timber signed Apron and topper
so what do you call that version

Isn’t that the special “down under” ECLE? After that whole Australia fiasco. I assume it also has powder coated rails, lockdown, legs etc.

#6957 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

An 'Automated Custom LE' or "WOZ GREEN" like the stamp on the box
It's a beauty, just not a WOZ ECLE which should be perfectly alright by you.

Exactly.

#6958 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

How many LE’s do we really need. There is only one ECLE. You bought a standard made green, technically a modded out standard.

You’re right there is only one ECLE. Who said anything different? But this is not a standard lol. If it is, then the 75th RR is also just a modded standard. :p

#6959 5 years ago

Does anyone know can radcals be added later or not ? Probably
Not without dismantling whole coin door etc

#6960 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone know can radcals be added later or not ? Probably
Not without dismantling whole coin door etc

You can but yes as you said, some disassembly required

#6961 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You’re right there is only one ECLE. Who said anything different? But this is not a standard lol. If it is, then the 75th RR is also just a modded standard. :p

Yep, wood apron, different topper and a true limited edition #. Oh, I also only paid 6500.. for mine plus 800 to update light boards.

#6962 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Yep, wood apron, different topper and a true limited edition #. Oh, I also only paid 6500.. for mine plus 800 to update light boards.

Right that’s the ECLE. We’ve covered that... Here is the IPDB for the ECLE
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5967

#6963 5 years ago

The ECLE WOZ had a run of 1,000 made and the Automated green edition had 50 made so it seems like one is more limited than the other. If anyone is thinking of a NIB WOZ the green edition is beautiful and updated with 2.0 and comes with full factory warranty at a great price. It really doesn’t matter what color you pick because they all play the same(- the ybr). I herd from a few different distributors they are supposed to make more RR but that’s not set in stone.

#6964 5 years ago

Speaking about the monkey... mine randomly picks the ball up but then never drops it. If I flip a flipper it drops. Happens once every couple of games. Anyone have this issue?

#6965 5 years ago

Put a piece of electrical tape across the magnet and it won’t do that - swap out the pinball.

#6966 5 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Speaking about the monkey... mine randomly picks the ball up but then never drops it. If I flip a flipper it drops. Happens once every couple of games. Anyone have this issue?

Change the balls to carbon steel balls see if it drops properly in the castle.

#6967 5 years ago

I just switched the ball to ball baron carbon. Sometimes it works perfectly than all of a sudden it wont drop the ball. Maybe i need to try the tape. Thanks

#6968 5 years ago

I just switched the ball to ball baron carbon. Sometimes it works perfectly than all of a sudden it wont drop the ball. Maybe i need to try the tape. Thanks

Try regular marco balls. They are inexpensive. Maybe it's the composition?

I'm using bulk balls and so far no problems

#6969 5 years ago

I get this once in a while and I am running standard balls from Marco. I never heard of the electrical tape trick. I am wondering what exactly is being accomplished by this and would a piece of mylar do the same? It would look a little nicer. Is there just a very small residual magnetic charge that is sometimes left behind and the tape is enough to inhibit that?

#6970 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I never heard of the electrical tape trick. I am wondering what exactly is being accomplished by this and would a piece of mylar do the same?

Small piece of mylar would do the same. Magnet core is magnetized by now and has trouble dropping a ball. A piece of something on it cures this.

LTG : )

#6971 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I get this once in a while and I am running standard balls from Marco. I never heard of the electrical tape trick. I am wondering what exactly is being accomplished by this and would a piece of mylar do the same? It would look a little nicer. Is there just a very small residual magnetic charge that is sometimes left behind and the tape is enough to inhibit that?

I have thousands of plays on my game and so far (cross my fingers) this has not been a problem for me.

But. I only use bulk cheap high carbon steel balls.

Currently I'm using chrome steel balls to fo an endurance test. I want to see if they hold up better.

They are not magnetized any more than usual after 200 plays do far.

They seem just fine.

#6972 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Small piece of mylar would do the same. Magnet core is magnetized by now and has trouble dropping a ball. A piece of something on it cures this.

If the magnet core was magnetized why wouldn’t the ball stick all the time? I could have a ton of games and not have a problem, then out of nowhere id have a ball hang up on the magnet. Weird, but I understand what you are saying LGT.

#6973 5 years ago

Same here, it didn’t bother me much, but since a piece of mylar can fix it, I’ll do it.

Also there’s a bunch of WOZ that popped up on the market, there might be more YBR fans than we all thought

#6974 5 years ago

I think I sealed the deal on a RR with radcals. I already have too much green going on with my AFMR LE and my Alien LE. I have too much stainless steel with the rest of my machines.. but no red.. this RR will make a nice addition!

#6975 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Same here, it didn’t bother me much, but since a piece of mylar can fix it, I’ll do it.
Also there’s a bunch of WOZ that popped up on the market, there might be more YBR fans than we all thought

Could also be people trying to capitalize on a temp price hike since there are maybe only a few NIB WOZ left available outside of the $11.5k YBR. Notice the latest ones to hit the market are charging like $1000 more than before.

#6976 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think I sealed the deal on a RR with radcals. I already have too much green going on with my AFMR LE and my Alien LE. I have too much stainless steel with the rest of my machines.. but no red.. this RR will make a nice addition!

Congrats

#6977 5 years ago

Welp I'm a member once again! Just got my hands on some pinstadium's. Now all I need is the witch/monkey mod amd I'm done.

My oldest is all over it!

20190323_214526 (resized).jpg20190323_214526 (resized).jpg
#6978 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

If the magnet core was magnetized why wouldn’t the ball stick all the time?

Not magnetized real good like you could pick up a car with it. More residual magnetism.

#6979 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Welp I'm a member once again! Just got my hands on some pinstadium's. Now all I need is the witch/monkey mod amd I'm done.
My oldest is all over it!
[quoted image]

What monkey mod do you speak of? Please share a link or picture for good of group good sir.

#6980 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

What monkey mod do you speak of?

I believe the mods a Pinsider is making for the walls around the witch and the monkey mod that has the flying monkey wings flapping.

Looks like one is sold out and the other one, the list is closed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/41#post-4915092

#6981 5 years ago

The ONLY witch and monkey worth having are the ones that Steve makes. But then waiting list is long...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/41#post-4915314

#6982 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The ONLY witch and monkey worth having are the ones that Steve makes. But then waiting list is long...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/41#post-4915314

List has been closed for some time actually...absolutely stunning mods....

#6983 5 years ago

I am having an issue where at normal settings the characters voices are barely audible. All other sounds are clear and beautiful. Any ideas on solutions to this issue?

#6984 5 years ago

Unplug and replug the male connector going into the pink jack on the sound board. If you have a noise filter installed, by pass it in case that’s causing the problem.

#6985 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

List has been closed for some time actually...absolutely stunning mods....

Oh, I know! I was lucky enough to be in on the beginning of both and have both on my WOZ. Best mods for the machine. He has been hinting at making limited runs of both somewhere down the road, so that is what I meant by long lines.

#6986 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I am having an issue where at normal settings the characters voices are barely audible. All other sounds are clear and beautiful. Any ideas on solutions to this issue?

Or remove the factory noise filter and plug directly and replace with the Amazon one mentioned a ton

#6987 5 years ago

Thanks Pinballomatic & coz6 you led me right to the problem.
In this case the plug went from the pink jack into a zip tied ball of wires where it plugged into another miniplug. The wire going to the female was bent and after a little wiggle wiggle the sound roared back to life. I will replace this cord if the issue returns but for now full speed ahead.
Thanks again for the timely assistance.

#6988 5 years ago

My crystal ball was dead. I tried the usual making sure the connectors were snug on the ball board and on the header board in the cabinet. Check, Check.
pulled out the voltmeter and read 5v coming off the dead board. My guess is the backlight was shot so replacement lcd board ordered from JJP.
Upon closer inspection this board looked like it might be available from another source. Google to the rescue and I had another one on the way from Mouser.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/4d-systems/uoled-96-g2/?qs=72ObqG5T4UYobDDQ80ITTQ%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

So JJP part arrives Saturday, Mouser part arrives Monday. I compare them and they are identical, even come in the same oem packaging.
insert memory into the Mouser part, turn on the machine, data about the LCD scrolls up and repeats. So LCD works but not how it is supposed to with WOZ.
Swap memory to JJP LCD, plug it in turn it on. Bingo Bango we have tone! Works great, better than original ever did.

Now I'm dying to understand why the Mouser LCD doesn't work properly and the JJP LCD does. Anybody know? Does the Mouser LCD have to be flashed to work with WOZ? Anybody do this or know how or even know if this is a thing? LTG, do you know?

Original LCD & Mouser LCD (Original is on the right (or top), you can see the hot glue.)

Photo Apr 01, 10 57 28 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Apr 01, 10 57 28 PM (resized).jpg
#6989 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My crystal ball was dead. I tried the usual making sure the connectors were snug on the ball board and on the header board in the cabinet. Check, Check.
pulled out the voltmeter and read 5v coming off the dead board. My guess is the backlight was shot so replacement lcd board ordered from JJP.
Upon closer inspection this board looked like it might be available from another source. Google to the rescue and I had another one on the way from Mouser.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/4d-systems/uoled-96-g2/?qs=72ObqG5T4UYobDDQ80ITTQ%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD
So JJP part arrives Saturday, Mouser part arrives Monday. I compare them and they are identical, even come in the same oem packaging.
insert memory into the Mouser part, turn on the machine, data about the LCD scrolls up and repeats. So LCD works but not how it is supposed to with WOZ.
Swap memory to JJP LCD, plug it in turn it on. Bingo Bango we have tone! Works great, better than original ever did.
Now I'm dying to understand why the Mouser LCD doesn't work properly and the JJP LCD does. Anybody know? Does the Mouser LCD have to be flashed to work with WOZ? Anybody do this or know how or even know if this is a thing? LTG, do you know?
Original LCD & Mouser LCD (Original is on the right (or top), you can see the hot glue.)[quoted image]

I have got a RR I bought new in 2014. My crystal ball went out a while back,too. One thing you can check while you are waiting for your parts is the 2 fuses, I believe are F 1 and F2, they are automotive style fuses located in front of your plugin to the board for the ball. Mine was blown,they are 1 amp, easy to blow. Test them , if 1 is out, hard to find, finally got them on Ebay. They were cheap, they are called mini- plugs.

#6990 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Does the Mouser LCD have to be flashed to work with WOZ? Anybody do this or know how or even know if this is a thing? LTG, do you know?

I don't know for sure. I suspect something like this. The little white sticker on the square thing is the clue.

#6991 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know for sure. I suspect something like this. The little white sticker on the square thing is the clue.

That's my guess too, the assets on the SD card are probably encrypted and the micro-controller (or whatever it is) gets flashed with the decryption keys / method.

#6992 5 years ago

Hey guys. I’m looking to join the club however the only machine available second hand in the UK currently is an early production 27/1000. It has the original 5v lamp boards and according to the seller, there have been no issues.
But knowing my luck, the second I take ownership, they’ll break.

I’m just curious to know how many WOZ owners out there have original boards still with no issues.
Should this put me off
How are the JJP stock levels of the 2.0 kits should I need them.

I’m guessing it’s a case of “when” and not “if”they break!!

Thanks all
Gaz

#6993 5 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hey guys. I’m looking to join the club however the only machine available second hand in the UK currently is an early production 27/1000. It has the original 5v lamp boards and according to the seller, there have been no issues.
But knowing my luck, the second I take ownership, they’ll break.
I’m just curious to know how many WOZ owners out there have original boards still with no issues.
Should this put me off
How are the JJP stock levels of the 2.0 kits should I need them.
I’m guessing it’s a case of “when” and not “if”they break!!
Thanks all
Gaz

If you scan this thread, it is a hot topic. I bought mine new, 5 years ago, have 7.5 boards, never an issue with them. I think it depends on your luck of the draw.

#6994 5 years ago

Looking for some mods for my WOZ. I know the red smoke and monkey mods are must haves, but if you're not already on the list, I'll be waiting a long time lol. What have you found to be your personal favorites?

#6995 5 years ago

YBR is an amazing version of WOZ! NO matter what anyone says JJP did an amazing job. Some high end retail stores around here told me they're going to sell the game for a few thousand over list... I think that means good things for current WoZ owners. The previously versions resale value I think is going up!

#6996 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Looking for some mods for my WOZ. I know the red smoke and monkey mods are must haves, but if you're not already on the list, I'll be waiting a long time lol. What have you found to be your personal favorites?

The playfield characters sold by Modfather go well. I have the scarecrow, tin man, lion, and the Mayor in mine. I also have his ruby red pincup on my machine, as well as the RR shooter housing and RR shooter rod. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz

The Throne Room fire pots by Mezel Mods is a must have... They have some other nice mods too, but the fire pots are great! https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods

And Indypinhead here on Pinside make a great light-up drop target for the castle entrance. Much better than the stock black one. I put a color changing LED under mine. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

Pin Stadium lights take WOZ to a whole new level. Its an investment, but they make the game look AMAZING and are completely adjustable. https://pinstadium.com/

Lastly, I added branches and leaves to my haunted forest. I bought a small plastic plant meant for a reptile cage from a local pet store and after cutting it up and a hot glue gun, my haunted forest looks a lot better. A lot of people have done this which is where I got the idea from...

Just a few to ponder...

#6997 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The playfield characters sold by Modfather go well. I have the scarecrow, tin man, lion, and the Mayor in mine. I also have his ruby red pincup on my machine, as well as the RR shooter housing and RR shooter rod. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz
The Throne Room fire pots by Mezel Mods is a must have... They have some other nice mods too, but the fire pots are great! https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods
And Indypinhead here on Pinside make a great light-up drop target for the castle entrance. Much better than the stock black one. I put a color changing LED under mine. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz
Pin Stadium lights take WOZ to a whole new level. Its an investment, but they make the game look AMAZING and are completely adjustable. https://pinstadium.com/
Lastly, I added branches and leaves to my haunted forest. I bought a small plastic plant meant for a reptile cage from a local pet store and after cutting it up and a hot glue gun, my haunted forest looks a lot better. A lot of people have done this which is where I got the idea from...
Just a few to ponder...

Great suggestions. I've seen the lit winkie/guard target and the fire pots, both are great mods. I've added them to my list, thanks!

#6998 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

YBR is an amazing version of WOZ! NO matter what anyone says JJP did an amazing job. Some high end retail stores around here told me they're going to sell the game for a few thousand over list... I think that means good things for current WoZ owners. The previously versions resale value I think is going up!

Removing the monkey is inexcusable

#6999 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just a few to ponder...

Would you mind posting a picture of your modfather housing?

#7000 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Removing the monkey is inexcusable

I saw this In person at TPF. Beautiful, yes. No monkey, inexcusable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/140?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.