767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 306.
#651 9 years ago

Never mind. It seems that I didn't see the gem because it was white!

#652 9 years ago

Joining the Club!
Have several other machines and ordered mine while it was still a dream. (705/1000 LE).
Warmed up to it very slowly - used it to lure the kids into pinball but met with limited success.
Recently added the MezelMods and Modfather mods and seriously started playing the machine.
Awesome, addictive and compelling. Top quality construction, had a few issues with code until the final code but other than that, no issues. Sorry I don't have an order in for the Hobbit LE!

#653 9 years ago

Heck yea - beat her finally & a new high score!!!
image-507.jpgimage-507.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Only collected 2 jewels and still haven't got to flipper frenzy but what a game!

#654 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I just checked my audits. I've battled the witch 10 times, and beat her 3. For some reason that feels pathetic, but at least the last time I beat her I did well on the victory laps.
Even though I had some minor issues with my game (which Jack fixed of course), I have to say that WOZ was an amazing effort for a first game. The level of play in the game is just stunning. A year and 4 months and the game still feels fresh and new. I do still struggle with Rescue Multiball (I'm really wanting to complete it someday). And for some reason I still can't start Munchkin Multiball even when I try. And to me, that makes a great game. I'm still trying to do new things after this long.
In fact someone on the google group mentioned the YBR strategy, and I've been trying that.
So Jack, yeah, nice job building a great game.

Finally checked my audits, according to them I've battled the Witch 60 times, yes I play WOZ a lot, beat her 15 times, so 25% success, but I think that is a little skewed by a hot streak I had awhile ago, because lately she's been kicking my ass!!

#655 9 years ago

Has anyone tried using laminate as Mylar? I picked up this stuff today at Walmart - thinking I might put it between the pops, in front of the Winkie, and tnplh. I'm gonna wax first but still a little nervous of how this will come off down the road. image-665.jpgimage-665.jpg

#656 9 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Has anyone tried using laminate as Mylar? I picked up this stuff today at Walmart - thinking I might put it between the pops, in front of the Winkie, and tnplh. I'm gonna wax first but still a little nervous of how this will come off down the road.

I used Gorilla tape in front of the Winkie - so far it's been great!

image-665.jpg 183 KB

#657 9 years ago

Playfield protection mylar is really not necessary, especially in a home environment. I've seen plenty of WOZ machines on location that do fine without any protection. Remember the history of mylar: it was a method of protecting playfields BEFORE Diamond Plate (clear coat) was created. Countless people have spent great effort at considerable risk to remove mylar from their clear coated playfield.

That said, if you insist on installing mylar, here's another thread you can use as a resource: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pal-stealth-playfield-area-protectors

#658 9 years ago

Hey "failure to kill the witch" WOZ owners. I just found out my witch switch was not registering all the time so your's might be out of whack too. Next time you have the glass off put it in switch mode and toss a ball into the switch. I didn't see any real way to adjust except to bend two metal tabs which I did and 'seemed to fix the problem.
The witch should say something every time you hit her in hurry up mode - mine only registered about 1 in 4 times. Now she's much better.

#659 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Hey "failure to kill the witch" WOZ owners. I just found out my witch switch was not registering all the time so your's might be out of whack too. Next time you have the glass off put it in switch mode and toss a ball into the switch. I didn't see any real way to adjust except to bend two metal tabs which I did and 'seemed to fix the problem.
The witch should say something every time you hit her in hurry up mode - mine only registered about 1 in 4 times. Now she's much better.

Thanks I'm going to blame the fact that I've never killed the witch on this and try the adjustments you suggested. However, it might just be I'm not good enough yet to kill her, but there have been times it did seem like so shots might not have registered.
Maybe it will be obvious when I look, but how much and in what way, did you bend the two metal tabs?

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Thanks I'm going to blame the fact that I've never killed the witch on this and try the adjustments you suggested. However, it might just be I'm not good enough yet to kill her, but there have been times it did seem like so shots might not have registered.
Maybe it will be obvious when I look, but how much and in what way, did you bend the two metal tabs?

You have to remove the witch. You'll see 2 metal tabs (rather thick) that are the switch stops. Bend the stops away a little at a time but I'd say about 1/16 of an inch will do it. Check with JJP first as there might be a much easier and correct way to do this.

To remove witch remove the 2 nuts to the plastic witch cover on the upper playfield. Then remove the 2 screws below - be careful with the plastic posts as they tend to migrate to WOZ neverland. You have to remove the 2 screws anchoring the led light as well on the underside.

Mine is super sensitive now - much better! But again I just winged it - you might want to check with JJP first

#661 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Playfield protection mylar is really not necessary, especially in a home environment. I've seen plenty of WOZ machines on location that do fine without any protection. Remember the history of mylar: it was a method of protecting playfields BEFORE Diamond Plate (clear coat) was created. Countless people have spent great effort at considerable risk to remove mylar from their clear coated playfield.
That said, if you insist on installing mylar, here's another thread you can use as a resource: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pal-stealth-playfield-area-protectors

Clear coat failure with art separation has been documented on several HUO WOZ.

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Clear coat failure with art separation has been documented on several HUO WOZ.

Have you ever played the WOZ at Modern Pinball in NYC? Have you SEEN the pop area? Good lord.

#663 9 years ago

I followed the advice of wtatumjr this weekend, as I had not melted the which in over a year. As it turns out the switches were not reacting well to the witch "hits". It took me about two hours to figure out how everything was connected, take it apart, find the parts that I dropped and put it back to together. As it turns out I ended up moving the microswitches back (away from the witch). Ultimately I had to re-shape the arm of the right microswitch (it was curved). I did not need to adjust the metal plate--I suspect all changes can be applied to the switch arms.

I melted the witch in next game I played. Hallelujah!

#664 9 years ago

Wow, I need to share this because it was such a rush.

I just earned five gems:
- Finish Emerald City Multiball
- Munchkin Multiball
- Haunted Forest Multiball
- 50 Yellow Brick Road
- Flipper Frenzy

I did NOT:
- Melt the witch
- Mega jackpot Rescue Multiball
- 10 Jackpots Fireball Frenzy

Game set to:
- 3 ball
- "Extra Easy" settings installed (hey, this is my machine. I'll set it the way I want)
- Extra ball at 50,000

The worst part of this is that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" now seems within reach and I will probably spend the rest of my existence fruitlessly pursuing it, getting agonizingly closer each time. "Man's reach exceeds his grasp."

One thing I had not noticed before: after you finish the game, the attract screen that describes all the gems actually highlights the gems that were earned in the previous game and dims the ones that were not earned.

-------------------

What is the greatest number of gems you have earned?

P5280005.JPGP5280005.JPG

#665 9 years ago

Nice work nosro. I recently started to finish fireball frenzy. I have to focus on it and it ussually takes two sometimes three times around before i can finish the mode. The only one i havent gotten is the mega jackpot in rescue multiball, that one seems the hardest. Im not even entirely sure how to collect it. I know you have to get all the letters lit red on the castle playfield but im not sure how its done. Collect one of each jackpot shot on the main playfield?

I have that feeling for the first time also, that sotr might be reachable.

#666 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Really???.....5 ball is for EM's

When you think about it, there's not much difference between 3 and 5 balls. It's a 'law of diminishing returns' kinda thing. Most of your free balls are earned on your 1st, 2nd and 3rd balls. Those 4th & 5th balls, at least for me, usually don't add a great deal to your score after all the freebies are gone. I was playing 5 balls and switched to 3 and the first game out of the chute turned out to be my all time high. Game times and scores are not materially different ever since the switch.

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Wow, I need to share this because it was such a rush.
I just earned five gems:
- Finish Emerald City Multiball
- Munchkin Multiball
- Haunted Forest Multiball
- 50 Yellow Brick Road
- Flipper Frenzy
I did NOT:
- Melt the witch
- Mega jackpot Rescue Multiball
- 10 Jackpots Fireball Frenzy
Game set to:
- 3 ball
- "Extra Easy" settings installed (hey, this is my machine. I'll set it the way I want)
- Extra ball at 50,000
The worst part of this is that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" now seems within reach and I will probably spend the rest of my existence fruitlessly pursuing it, getting agonizingly closer each time. "Man's reach exceeds his grasp."
One thing I had not noticed before: after you finish the game, the attract screen that describes all the gems actually highlights the gems that were earned in the previous game and dims the ones that were not earned.
-------------------
What is the greatest number of gems you have earned?
6. Same as yours but I also got the Fireball Frenzy. The other two seem unattainable to me.

P5280005.JPG 33 KB

#668 9 years ago

Been so long since I've seen a used woz le for sale... Just a great game... I hope hobbit makes me feel the same way

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Nice work nosro. I recently started to finish fireball frenzy. I have to focus on it and it ussually takes two sometimes three times around before i can finish the mode. The only one i havent gotten is the mega jackpot in rescue multiball, that one seems the hardest. Im not even entirely sure how to collect it. I know you have to get all the letters lit red on the castle playfield but im not sure how its done. Collect one of each jackpot shot on the main playfield?
I have that feeling for the first time also, that sotr might be reachable.

This will be from memory, but no, I've need done it.

To finish rescue you need to collect triple jackpots on each shot on the main playfield. That starts a Rescue letter flashing red. Collecting the letter lights the super at the castle doors. Collecting all the letters lights the search loop and for the mega you have to combo the search loop into the doors.

I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong. And I'm not even close to it.

#670 9 years ago

Nice game nosro!

#671 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This will be from memory, but no, I've need done it.
To finish rescue you need to collect triple jackpots on each shot on the main playfield. That starts a Rescue letter flashing red. Collecting the letter lights the super at the castle doors. Collecting all the letters lights the search loop and for the mega you have to combo the search loop into the doors.
I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong. And I'm not even close to it.

Yep, except you need ALL the red letters to light the super, right? And the doors OPEN on a loop shot and you combo into the saucer behind the doors.

#672 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, except you need ALL the red letters to light the super, right? And the doors OPEN on a loop shot and you combo into the saucer behind the doors.

That's nuts - SOTR needs a easy, normal, hard setting in game settings for hacks like me

#673 9 years ago

Joining the thread. I've had my ECLE (#8) for just over two weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. My high score right now is about 400,000 but it's trending upwards slowly but surely.

I haven't yet had time to read the entire thread but it's definitely nice to have a place for WOZ-lovers to hang out.

#674 9 years ago

wait a min... are you shooting the witch to melt her? I thought you had to make all the blue shots to melt her...while not loosing one of the balls..

#675 9 years ago

The blue shots are during Fireball Frenzy, which is not a multiball (unless you stack another one in).

Melting the witch is a 2-ball when all the lights turn green, except five white shots. Shoot the white shots, turning them red. Shoot one ball into the hole behind the drop target. Shoot the second ball up the right ramp, it rolls around the munchkin playfield and drops through the hole. You have one chance from the UR flipper to hit the witch.

#676 9 years ago

^^^^^^^
Exactly. To battle the witch and ultimately melt her, you need to start a munchkin mode, a crystal ball mode, rescue mb, and hit the witch for 3 hurry ups....not in any of those orders and not necessarily at the same time.

#677 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I think you might be confusing Super jackpots and Mega jackpots. I still think the Super is available after each letter and the Mega is available on the combo after all of them. I was going to take my glass off and confirm that, but I would hate to mess up my big count of ZERO on the Mega in my audits

#678 9 years ago

Super is available after getting a triple, not a letter. The letters only apply to mega.

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Super is available after getting a triple, not a letter. The letters only apply to mega.

From the man himself...so, do the supers stack?

3 weeks later
#680 9 years ago

Any one ever have their center lock insert act up? I had a weird issue after a few games last night. The insert locked on, and all the roll overs would do nothing. Every time I shot a ball up there, the gate popped up and let the ball fly through. After the game ended, the insert stayed locked on no matter if I had the roll over completed or not in my next game. I had to do a reboot to make this go away. All good after that. I really need to start recording all my sessions I think.

#681 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one ever have their center lock insert act up? I had a weird issue after a few games last night. The insert locked on, and all the roll overs would do nothing. Every time I shot a ball up there, the gate popped up and let the ball fly through. After the game ended, the insert stayed locked on no matter if I had the roll over completed or not in my next game. I had to do a reboot to make this go away. All good after that. I really need to start recording all my sessions I think.

I think I remember that happening & a reboot fixed it - it was around the same time my lock bar would not release balls intermittently so I reseated everything and never happened again.

1 week later
#682 9 years ago

Great game on WOZ today, new personal best score, had 6 diamonds lit, failed to beat the Witch twice, and of course no Mega Jackpot, but it was one of the most satsifying games of pinball I have ever had!!

Nothing touches this game when you get it cranked up, just a complete rush!!

#683 9 years ago

So which gems did you miss? (It seems the most popular ones to miss are fireball frenzy and rescue multiball.)

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

So which gems did you miss? (It seems the most popular ones to miss are fireball frenzy and rescue multiball.)

I completed Fireball Frenzy, just couldn't beat the damn Witch, had the shot ready, but the ball drained out Toto before I could shoot it I haven't gotten the Mega Jackpot yet, only thing I've yet to achieve besides SOTR of course.

#685 9 years ago

The finale seems so close and within reach, yet just out of grasp. It's exactly the kind of thing that keeps fans coming back for more.

#686 9 years ago

I have made it to SOTR. It was the only time that I completed Rescue. I have most of the settings made easier including 5 balls, 15 seconds to get back up the Twister, unlimited time for TNPLH, extra ball instead of free game for obtaining score(usually around 480,000). I must say I was hoping for more on the screen during SOTR, but it was such an incredible rush to be there, that I hardly had a chance to take it all in. My score was around 4.5M. I still cannot get enough of the machine. My RR was delivered the first week in October.

#687 9 years ago

Hi guys. I ordered a 75th Ed. yesterday from PinballSTAR. Can I join the club? This will be my first pin since I had to sell my previous collection a year or so ago. Looking forward to owning the game!

#688 9 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Hi guys. I ordered a 75th Ed. yesterday from PinballSTAR. Can I join the club?

Only if you get rid of that ACDC avatar!

#689 9 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Hi guys. I ordered a 75th Ed. yesterday from PinballSTAR. Can I join the club? This will be my first pin since I had to sell my previous collection a year or so ago. Looking forward to owning the game!

Congrats!!!...mark

#690 9 years ago

I figured out something that's been killing my "melt the witch" win percentages. I've always thought that you had to turn all 4 arrows red in stage 1, but you only need to hit any combination of those shots 4 times whether they're white or red!!! Here I've been failing and draining on that damn crystal ball shot or left loop when all you have to do is rape the right loop or wizard hole 4 times! Of course you probably get more points by turning all the arrows red, but hot damn I can beat her easily now!

#691 9 years ago

You can hit the witch to move the shot to an easier shot too.

#692 9 years ago

man that is great to know, the limited times i've battled the which i always drained from trying to hit all the diff shots.

#693 9 years ago

yeah, but the last sequenced (timed) order is just a bitch for me.....thought I melted her last night, as my final white shot went up the ramp...started celebrating before the damn castle lit again...whew that mode kills me....it's what i play for about 90% of the time...

I'll turn it off and end the night on TAF just to calm down.....pressure, pressure!!!

#694 9 years ago

That I don't believe...I've never seen it with the winkie or ramp available. I'll have to try that.

#695 9 years ago

orlyorly

You might be confusing with Fireball Frenzy which WILL let the witch move the shot(s).

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

orly

You might be confusing with Fireball Frenzy which WILL let the witch move the shot(s).

Thats the one

#697 9 years ago

Hi owners. Question...

I have seen some play fields are worn pretty badly especially around the trees. I believe they said it was due to a certain vendor which they no long use. Is there a cut off date on which are the questionable play fields and when it was switched to the better play fields? Production date or serial #?

I am going to look at a WOZ for sale from the original owner. Just curious if there is anything I should be looking for. Thanks in advance!

#698 9 years ago

Sweet jesus. just stacked Crystal MB, Haunted MB, ECMB and a Munchkin Mode. What a rush this game is.

#699 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sweet jesus. just stacked Crystal MB, Haunted MB, ECMB and a Munchkin Mode. What a rush this game is.

Congrats and awesome and fun game you had!

#700 9 years ago

You don't know stacking until you've stacked on Woz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.