20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 306.
#6901 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone know how long it usually takes cliffy to respond to emails for placing an order?

I'm not sure that I've ever gotten an email response. A package just shows up one day....

#6902 5 years ago

Hey guys, my WOZ keeps blowing a fuse after the monkey locks the ball in the castle. Once the ball is locked it will kick out the next ball and allow me to play but once I drain that the machine starts looking for a lost ball and never releases the one from the castle. Has anyone had that switch short out that fuse?

I know that fuse is shared by a lot of things so I disconnected the shaker motor first based on some other posts regarding this same fuse but it still blew on the first game after the disconnect.

Is there a way to disable the monkey mech from the menu for testing? (not at home right now to test)

Thanks.
Mike

#6903 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I'm not sure that I've ever gotten an email response. A package just shows up one day....

So - how do I pay for what I want to order then lol. His site says email him to place an order...

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So - how do I pay for what I want to order then lol. His site says email him to place an order...

He will email you an invoice and a link to pay him.
Cliff is really good about all of this.

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Send him an email for what you want. He'll respond with an invoice, you pay, and a package shows up. Sometimes it takes several months so you have to be patient, but you'll get it. He's a one man show and it takes some time.

#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The Munchkin mini playfield is the one you MUST have some kind of edge protection for, trust me the ball WILL hit it and it will chip the edge! If you don't want to put the cliffy on at least get some mylar strips and apply them over the top edge of that playfield or you will be sorry you didn't.

Mylar is not going to work, this thing takes a licking and does stop ticking. Please for the love of the playfield get an edge protector.

#6907 5 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Hey guys, my WOZ keeps blowing a fuse after the monkey locks the ball in the castle. Once the ball is locked it will kick out the next ball and allow me to play but once I drain that the machine starts looking for a lost ball and never releases the one from the castle. Has anyone had that switch short out that fuse?
I know that fuse is shared by a lot of things so I disconnected the shaker motor first based on some other posts regarding this same fuse but it still blew on the first game after the disconnect.
Is there a way to disable the monkey mech from the menu for testing? (not at home right now to test)
Thanks.
Mike

Does the fuse blow in device test, monkey test?
You can move the monkey a little at a time to see exactly when the fuse blows, if it does blow there.

Does the fuse blow if you test the single door?

#6908 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Mylar is not going to work, this thing takes a licking and does stop ticking. Please for the love of the playfield get an edge protector.

Even gorilla tape wont protect it.
Steel is the only way.

#6909 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

He will email you an invoice and a link to pay him.
Cliff is really good about all of this.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Send him an email for what you want. He'll respond with an invoice, you pay, and a package shows up. Sometimes it takes several months so you have to be patient, but you'll get it. He's a one man show and it takes some time.

Thank you

#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Steel is the only way.

Thanks. Munchkinland is definitely getting some Cliffy steel along with the VUKs and saucers. Magnets will get mylar rings. I'm on the fence about the shooter lane. The game serves a ball to the shooter lane SO gently, unlike my other games. Maybe just mylar for the ball serve area?

#6911 5 years ago

Does the fuse blow in device test, monkey test?
You can move the monkey a little at a time to see exactly when the fuse blows, if it does blow there.
Does the fuse blow if you test the single door?

I can move the monkey in the test and it doesn't blow the fuse. I'll test the door but need to pick up more fuses.

So you don't think it's the switch that tells the machine there's a ball locked? Because it blows before rescue multiball starts and the single door hasn't activated. Are the double doors tied to the same fuse?

#6912 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks. Munchkinland is definitely getting some Cliffy steel along with the VUKs and saucers. Magnets will get mylar rings. I'm on the fence about the shooter lane. The game serves a ball to the shooter lane SO gently, unlike my other games. Maybe just mylar for the ball serve area?

I have 10,000 plays on my WOZ. All HUO.

No wear near the magnets as long as they are just a hair higher than the playfield.
No wear on the rollovers.

Wear in the throne room saucer.
Wear in the shooter lane.
Massive wear on the munchkin playfield edge.
Some wear showing now at the inlane drop points.
Some wear showing in the state fair balloon pop area.

So, Cliffy's on munchkin edge, shooter lane and throne room.

#6913 5 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I can move the monkey in the test and it doesn't blow the fuse. I'll test the door but need to pick up more fuses. $3.50 a pop
So you don't think it's the switch that tells the machine there's a ball locked? Because it blows before rescue multiball starts and the single door hasn't activated. Are the double doors tied to the same fuse?

If it was the monkey, it should blow in test.

Does the door test blow the fuse?

It might be something else near there or a bare/broken/shorted wire.
Or the ball is resting on something bare or broken?

The doors are on the 20v system and do draw a bit of power.
Might be a bad motor drawing too much power?

Might be a short under the castle playfield.

Just guessing here.
More info and a closer inspection is in order.

#6914 5 years ago

I have 10,000 plays on my WOZ. All HUO.
No wear near the magnets as long as they are just a hair higher than the playfield.
No wear on the rollovers.
Wear in the throne room saucer.
Wear in the shooter lane.
Massive wear on the munchkin playfield edge.
Some wear showing now at the inlane drop points.
Some wear showing in the state fair balloon pop area.
So, Cliffy's on munchkin edge, shooter lane and throne room.

Thank you - EXACTLY the sort of real world test data I was looking for. I'll add the shooter lane cliffy to my order. I'll also give the balloon area some custom mylar before too long - it is a pop bumper nest after all. Makes sense that it should eventually wear without protection.

#6915 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone know how long it usually takes cliffy to respond to emails for placing an order?

I emailed an order a few days ago and followed up the next day. He emailed me back and sent me an invoice. Sometimes you just need to email him and ask if he got the first one.

#6916 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I emailed an order a few days ago and followed up the next day. He emailed me back and sent me an invoice. Sometimes you just need to email him and ask if he got the first one.

He is extremely busy now with all of the amazing new games coming out!

#6917 5 years ago

Steel is the only way.

I know someone with a very early ECLE that put mylar strips on the edge of the Munchkin mini PF and it has no damage at all after thousands of plays. I recommend the metal cliffy one for sure but if you get a game and can't wait for Cliffy to get you his edge protector it does work better than you'd expect.

#6918 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I know someone with a very early ECLE that put mylar strips on the edge of the Munchkin mini PF and it has no damage at all after thousands of plays. I recommend the metal cliffy one for sure but if you get a game and can't wait for Cliffy to get you his edge protector it does work better than you'd expect.

Sounds like an easy enough temporary solution that will be better than nothing while I await a proper cliffy.

#6919 5 years ago

WOZ fans, I just sold my Woz standard
Which was beautiful and had a direct print etc. is it me ? Or am I the only one that really likes the YBR edition ?
I think the yellow wire forms look great
Yes it’s expensive but I paid $9k for a Munsters LE and dumped it. I’m
A huge B/W fan, JJP and American pinball
Because of build quality
Might pull the trigger on YBR ??

#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Do what makes you happy.

LTG : )

#6921 5 years ago

Hi Guys,

About to get my hands on a Resue Edition here in Australia and have started to get some mods.
I really like the castle and also the tornado, however I’m concerned that the tornado may actually cover up the castle? What you guys think? I can’t really see, many pictures from the players point of view.

Also, looking for a witch replacement (as original one isn’t that great) I know there were some people that made some different models, but seems like no one sells them anymore. Anyone here with a spare one they would consider selling to me?

Thank guys!

#6922 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys,
About to get my hands on a Resue Edition here in Australia and have started to get some mods.
I really like the castle and also the tornado, however I’m concerned that the tornado may actually cover up the castle? What you guys think? I can’t really see, many pictures from the players point of view.
Also, looking for a witch replacement (as original one isn’t that great) I know there were some people that made some different models, but seems like no one sells them anymore. Anyone here with a spare one they would consider selling to me?
Thank guys!

So I have the tornado and have never thought of it as an obstruction fits well for the size, I would get it.

#6923 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

WOZ fans, I just sold my Woz standard
Which was beautiful and had a direct print etc. is it me ? Or am I the only one that really likes the YBR edition ?
I think the yellow wire forms look great
Yes it’s expensive but I paid $9k for a Munsters LE and dumped it. I’m
A huge B/W fan, JJP and American pinball
Because of build quality

Even without a monkey???

#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Even without a monkey???

VIRTUAL LOCK! It's all about the virtual lock..............said no person that plays pinball.......ever.

#6925 5 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the GI light pipes used in WOZ? I lost one somehow (I keep expecting it to turn up but so far it has not) and would like to order a replacement but can't find it listed in the parts manual.

#6926 5 years ago

Joined the club today! Received my NIB Emerald Green LE and it's working flawlessly. And has a monkey! :p I got this from automated services. What's interesting is that even though the build date on the machine was 2015, it has 2.0 boards. Love that NIB smell!

Box even has a label that says 2.0 boards.
IMG_4025 (resized).jpgIMG_4025 (resized).jpg

IMG_4027 (resized).jpgIMG_4027 (resized).jpg

Ready to go with the escalera
IMG_4028 (resized).jpgIMG_4028 (resized).jpg

Downstairs, and now it's escalera lift time! Escalera purchased through the one and only ZMeny from Flip N Out pinball. Worth its weight in gold I swear.
IMG_4029 (resized).jpgIMG_4029 (resized).jpg

IMG_4032 (resized).jpgIMG_4032 (resized).jpg

Sparkly powder coated legs
IMG_4030 (resized).jpgIMG_4030 (resized).jpg

2.0 light system!
IMG_4033 (resized).jpgIMG_4033 (resized).jpg

IMG_4034 (resized).jpgIMG_4034 (resized).jpg

And finally home with friends
IMG_4035 (resized).jpgIMG_4035 (resized).jpg

#6927 5 years ago

Automated updated their older stock with 2.0 kits. I too have an escalera bought from Flip n Out and love it. Congrats on the new game!

#6928 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does anyone know the part number for the GI light pipes used in WOZ? I lost one somehow (I keep expecting it to turn up but so far it has not) and would like to order a replacement but can't find it listed in the parts manual.

30-000034-01 GI rainbow glo acrylic rod 1.72"

#6929 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Joined the club today! Received my NIB Emerald Green LE and it's working flawlessly. And has a monkey! :p I got this from automated services. What's interesting is that even though the build date on the machine was 2015, it has 2.0 boards. Love that NIB smell!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Downstairs, and now it's escalera lift time! Escalera purchased through the one and only zmeny from Flip N Out pinball. Worth its weight in gold I swear.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
2.0 light system!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good choice man, I just got one of these guys in January and I’m so happy as I was thinking of waiting for the YBR edition. The color is awesome and 2.0 lighting system is the way to go, have fun on your new adventure.

#6930 5 years ago

Oh and huge thank you to MK6PIN for help

#6931 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Automated updated their older stock with 2.0 kits. I too have an escalera bought from Flip n Out and love it. Congrats on the new game!

So these weren't factory installed?

#6932 5 years ago

Technically I guess, yes, since they can shuttle games down in groups and have the kits installed at the factory.

#6933 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Downstairs, and now it's escalera lift time! Escalera purchased through the one and only zmeny from Flip N Out pinball. Worth its weight in gold I swear.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
2.0 light system!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sweet!!!! Mike has always done right by me....you've got a great machine, and Lloyd to help w any issues. Best combo in the biz....enjoy!!!...mark

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Oh and huge thank you to mk6pin for help

Always happy to help pinbuds.....(if I can)...

#6935 5 years ago

Not sure what that game is but its not an LE

Doesn't have the Timber apron signed

whats it say on the back

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Not sure what that game is but its not an LE
Doesn't have the Timber apron signed
whats it say on the back

It is Automated’s green version. Only they sell it.

#6937 5 years ago

ok so a standard edition with green Trim then

#6939 5 years ago

It’s a nice version for those that want the green but missed out on the ECLEs.

#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

ok so a standard edition with green Trim then

Not exactly.

Has invisiglass, shaker, powder coated etc. It has everything the original ECLE has except for the wood apron and direct printed cab. It does use the standard topper.

#6941 5 years ago

Guys I’m deciding on yellow brick edition the only thing missing is the flying monkey ? Man I like flying monkey

#6942 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys I’m deciding on yellow brick edition the only thing missing is the flying monkey ? Man I like flying monkey

Get the RR with 2.0 boards. Has the monkey, looks great and is 2k cheaper.

#6943 5 years ago

Had a minor issue with my WOZ - bad/broken solder joint on the haunted forest skill shot caused several other switches to fail too. Resoldered the wires and all is good again. Thanks to LTG for the helping hand too.

Got my invoice from cliffy this morning, so once he catches up I'll have cliffys for the munchkin playfield edge and castle playfield edge.

#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just don't understand why you'd pay an additional $2K just for the yellow trim and glittery playfield. I really hope it is not for exclusivity or collectability because JJP has proven they will run it again and again if there is cash to be made in doing so. My advice is buy a standard or RR new or go find a used one of any of the previous additions - you'll still have the monkey, the physical ball lock that comes with it and you'll save some significant $$.

#6945 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Get the RR with 2.0 boards. Has the monkey, looks great and is 2k cheaper.

This. I think automated MIGHT have one left. If not, they have their Emerald Green LE like the one I bought.

PS. my monkey hasn't given me any monkey business

#6946 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Had a minor issue with my WOZ - bad/broken solder joint on the haunted forest skill shot caused several other switches to fail too. Resoldered the wires and all is good again. Thanks to ltg for the helping hand too.
Got my invoice from cliffy this morning, so once he catches up I'll have cliffys for the munchkin playfield edge and castle playfield edge.

The castle playfield should be protected by the walls, does your version not have them installed?

#6947 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Had a minor issue with my WOZ - bad/broken solder joint on the haunted forest skill shot caused several other switches to fail too. Resoldered the wires and all is good again. Thanks to ltg for the helping hand too.

That switch is right near the edge so can take damage when you are lifting and lowering the playfield. I had a wire snap off on mine. Make sure the switch has enough clearance, and if not, gently bend the contacts out of the way.

#6948 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The flying monkey always makes me smile every time, not sure how I would feel about paying more and missing out on the monkey.

#6949 5 years ago

Looks like the RR are sold out. Just the emerald green LE, as he calls them, are left.

#6950 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Looks like the RR are sold out. Just the emerald green LE, as he calls them, are left.

What was the price on the green "LE"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/139?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.