Topic Stats

• 6,867 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Gotfrogs
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 903 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7ce33383375e01bccb2b5d74f0d9b4672a08229d (resized).png
20190323_103523 (resized).jpg
20190323_103520 (resized).jpg
20190323_103530 (resized).jpg
20190323_102126 (resized).jpg
IMG_5514 (resized).JPG
IMG_5513 (resized).JPG
Capture9 (resized).JPG
27333EA9-A9E5-4BF9-9297-10EC680BD0DF (resized).jpeg
F0074BB9-0D2E-49ED-8A26-3CA3831434ED (resized).jpeg
InkedIMG_3904 (002)_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).JPG
C0D2DF8E-1244-4BEE-98A3-53D2E8341FBE (resized).jpeg
ED41E05E-FFE2-47F4-880C-1F4454309A23 (resized).jpeg
CAEE3494-E63A-4BF1-872F-AE17122B432A (resized).jpeg
826231C5-0D74-4DEF-AF4D-F03120B2C5D1 (resized).jpeg

There are 6867 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 138.
#6701 38 days ago

Anyone interested in a Smoke Witch Mod ? Had it on my machine for 6 months...I have all the hardware and original instructions and box... $350.00 plus shipping....pm me if interested

#6702 38 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone interested in a Smoke Witch Mod ? Had it on my machine for 6 months...I have all the hardware and original instructions and box... $350.00 plus shipping....pm me if interested

Yes, I will take it!

#6703 37 days ago

Just a heads up for those with 7.5v light board games. I was cleaning the playfield on my WOZ yesterday and after a quick wipe down with Novus 1 went to apply a hard carnauba wax. I had been waxing the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine per JJP's recommendation as it has anti static properties which is key to reducing the chance of light board issues on 7.5v games.

I've never had an issue with my game so figured I would skip the Mist n Shine this time and just use a caranuba wax. Well, while buffing the dried caranuba wax off the playfield using a microfiber cloth I could hear the static build up / release on the cloth. I cleaned 3 other pins prior to this and never noticed a static build up sound while buffing the playfield. I did have the game plugged in but it was turned off. I ended up going back over the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine, same type of cloth, and noticed 0 static build up. Weird.

So if you have a WOZ with 7.5v light boards use Wizards Mist n Shine to wax your playfield. It's the static build up on the light boards / playfield that can cause light board issues and failures. Cleaning the game with a product like Wizards Mist n Shine will reduce static build up on the playfield.

amazon.com link »

#6704 37 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up for those with 7.5v light board games. I was cleaning the playfield on my WOZ yesterday and after a quick wipe down with Novus 1 went to apply a hard carnauba wax. I had been waxing the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine per JJP's recommendation as it has anti static properties which is key to reducing the chance of light board issues on 7.5v games.
I've never had an issue with my game so figured I would skip the Mist n Shine this time and just use a caranuba wax. Well, while buffing the dried caranuba wax off the playfield using a microfiber cloth I could hear the static build up / release on the cloth. I cleaned 3 other pins prior to this and never noticed a static build up sound while buffing the playfield. I did have the game plugged in but it was turned off. I ended up going back over the playfield with Wizards Mist n Shine, same type of cloth, and noticed 0 static build up. Weird.
So if you have a WOZ with 7.5v light boards use Wizards Mist n Shine to wax your playfield. It's the static build up on the light boards / playfield that can cause light board issues and failures. Cleaning the game with a product like Wizards Mist n Shine will reduce static build up on the playfield.
amazon.com link »

I haven't seen this effect yet on my games, but it's a good thing to know.

Possibly since I'm lazy and lean on the siderails a lot and discharge the game as I go lol.

#6705 37 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

amazon.com link »

Does this actually leave any wax behind? I thought this is just a cleaner but doesn't leave any protective film/wax.

#6706 37 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Does this actually leave any wax behind? I thought this is just a cleaner but doesn't leave any protective film/wax.

Its not a wax and protects nothing.
Its a great detailing cleaner that leaves a nice shine because it has the tiniest bit of wax in it. Something like windex with a thimble full of wax per gallon.

I use it a lot for ramps, plastics or between waxing wipe-downs of the playfield.

Its great stuff, but its in no way a wax that puts down a hard renewable protective coating.

Blitz or P21S silver can is the way to go.

#6707 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its not a wax and protects nothing.
Its a great detailing cleaner that leaves a nice shine because it has the tiniest bit of wax in it. Something like windex with a thimble full of wax per gallon.
I use it a lot for ramps, plastics or between waxing wipe-downs of the playfield.
Its great stuff, but its in no way a wax that puts down a hard renewable protective coating.
Blitz or P21S silver can is the way to go.

Got it, thank you!

#6708 36 days ago

I've received my maintenance kit ! New balls, Mist n shine for the playfield, Lubriplate for the moving parts and Novus 1 to clean the plastics, the ramp is clean and transparent so I don't plan on touching it, but all the targets are quite black, I'm sure they'll appreciate a good clean up.

#6709 36 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

amazon.com link »

Thanks for posting. Do you occasionally still wax the playfield? Or use Mist n Shine only?

#6710 36 days ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Thanks for posting. Do you occasionally still wax the playfield? Or use Mist n Shine only?

Depends on your use.
If you intend to put 1000's of plays, then wax it often.

If you only put 100 plays on it in 5 years then a little mist n shine is perfect.

Targets being black is a sign of black dust accumulation.

Mostly under the castle and munchkin playfields if everything else is clean.

Vacuuming under the playfield including the cabinet helps a lot

If you think about it, each solenoid plunger is a little pump that sprays coil stop dust everywhere as it fires.

I remove and clean stops and sleeves about once a year through the entire game with naptha.

I really like this sfuff:

https://www.pinballlife.com/wildcat-rc-88-rubber-cleaner.html

It immediately kills black dust on targets and rubber. Smells terrible.

Rubbing alcohol inside inserts.

Sparkle and mist n shine on plastics.

Naptha and novus 2 on ball tracks.

Wax everything including ramps with blitz or P21S.

Everything will look new at 10000 plays.

#6711 36 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

amazon.com link »

I would recommend doing your waxing in the more humid months so there is less static. The dryer months are good for the Wizards treatment.

#6712 36 days ago

Hey folks -

is there a known issue with WOZ losing its music after it's been on for a while? I keep coming in to play a game and there's no sound. Mute button is not pushed. I reboot the game and it comes back. This is after 4 or 5 hours (at least) of it being on.

#6713 36 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey folks -
is there a known issue with WOZ losing its music after it's been on for a while? I keep coming in to play a game and there's no sound. Mute button is not pushed. I reboot the game and it comes back. This is after 4 or 5 hours (at least) of it being on.

HM. Nevermind? I guess ? Suddenly it's back.

#6714 36 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey folks -

Check or refresh all of the audio connections. Could be a loose RCA cable or speaker cable to the computer.
Also check the ones inside the silver box.

#6715 36 days ago

The Wizard of OZ Convolux in green and red by Freddy's Pinball Paradise

4 pcs. Set of red fluorescent protector plastics for Wizard of Oz. For delivery please click on the last photo. Fits: Wizard of Oz, Wizard of Oz, 75th., Wizard of Oz, Emerald City

http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206521

IMG_165553Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_165602Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_165619Wzzard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_165646Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_165659Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_165706Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_165718Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_5502Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_5504Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_5506Wizard of OZ_B.jpgIMG_5507Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
#6716 36 days ago
Quoted from pinball-freddy:

The Wizard of OZ Convolux in green and red by Freddy's Pinball Paradise
4 pcs. Set of red fluorescent protector plastics for Wizard of Oz. For delivery please click on the last photo. Fits: Wizard of Oz, Wizard of Oz, 75th., Wizard of Oz, Emerald City
http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206521
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Protectors really should extend a little beyond the regular plastics to avoid the regular plastics getting hit on the edges directly by the ball

#6717 35 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey folks -

Had this same problem. Cleaned the audio plugs with rubbing alcohol and crimped them a little for a tighter connection, problem hasn't come back.

#6718 35 days ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Had this same problem. Cleaned the audio plugs with rubbing alcohol and crimped them a little for a tighter connection, problem hasn't come back.

Yes but on old code you on the latest?

#6719 35 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

Yes but on old code you on the latest?

I’m actually still on 6.06 because of me being lazy to do the update. There were a couple of changes to the audio in updates that didn’t quite match his problem but still a good idea to update anyway just in case. Thanks for the reminder!

#6720 35 days ago

Has anybody had a problem with any of their flippers becoming weak generally? I have a limited edition WOZ and the left flipper seems to lose strength particularly if I play a longer game. It has reached a point that if I get the weak flippers from the crystal ball the left flipper cannot even really lift the ball at all. Thinking it might be time for a flipper rebuild...

#6721 35 days ago
Quoted from sdup4fun:

Has anybody had a problem with any of their flippers becoming weak generally? I have a limited edition WOZ and the left flipper seems to lose strength particularly if I play a longer game. It has reached a point that if I get the weak flippers from the crystal ball the left flipper cannot even really lift the ball at all. Thinking it might be time for a flipper rebuild...

I just finished 4 hours of continuous play. Coils were hot. Not burning hot. But very hot and noticeably weaker at the end of a game.

Chrystal ball VUK was laboring a lot.

Flipper/coil fatigue is pretty common on long games.

Sometimes wall power is an issue.

Also castle doors can stop opening all the way etc. On super long 4 player games.

Finish the game wait 25 mins all is good again.

Not a lot to do about it other than adjust your game play accordingly.

Fans can be installed like on the LOTR's but I haven't seen it to be super necessary.

Dirty coil sleeves seem to affect long games more than short games.

#6722 35 days ago
Quoted from sdup4fun:

Check if the coil is overheating. Coils get weaker with heat and it can be dramatic.

Either way, plan on a rebuild but if it is overheating you’ll want to fix that first.

#6723 33 days ago

Melted the witch today and got a decent score. All I needed to do was get a mega jackpot in rescue multiball and I would of made it to SOTR. I’m just not sure how to get it yet. I really enjoyed the game it felt like I was on a journey across OZ.

826231C5-0D74-4DEF-AF4D-F03120B2C5D1 (resized).jpeg3ABA6DBB-EC93-417D-A6A6-A1D36EEB7EB1 (resized).jpegF49A2F46-FB39-4CB6-BFAB-1D00A2451EBC (resized).jpeg0BE91C2B-FE05-4207-918C-6AA37B51BD5B (resized).jpeg
#6724 33 days ago

Another mod question - I remember in my previous WOZ, the Winkie target was the illuminated drop target, which looked great. I did not realize HOW important that mod was until I got a RR without one. But I can't find it anywhere! Is that no longer being produced?

#6725 33 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Another mod question - I remember in my previous WOZ, the Winkie target was the illuminated drop target, which looked great. I did not realize HOW important that mod was until I got a RR without one. But I can't find it anywhere! Is that no longer being produced?

mezel mods

Improved version:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-illuminated-winkie-target?variant=705017705

PM indypinhead and see if he has any left:
Super Durable version, no sticker:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

#6727 33 days ago

Thanks - MezelMods is where I started, but they are showing as OOS. I guess I could send Tim a message - but I’ll check with indypinhead too. I’ve bought from him before . Thanks for the tips!

#6728 32 days ago

Has the question of 'which is the most preferred, realistic looking castle walls kit available?', been asked recently?

I have Steve G's Red smoke witch and the monkey mod is coming. Which set looks best overall? (I have the ECLE, but doubt that has any bearing in the choices)

#6729 32 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Has the question of 'which is the most preferred, realistic looking castle walls kit available?', been asked recently?
I have Steve G's Red smoke witch and the monkey mod is coming. Which set looks best overall? (I have the ECLE, but doubt that has any bearing in the choices)

Backalley creations are the best.

#6730 32 days ago

Backalley creations are the best.

Agree.

Also on the winki target go with indypinhead if he still has them. I started with the metzel mod version but it quickly broke. Have had indy’s in for 2 years now without issue. Indy’s is cnc’d from a solid piece vs metzels is 3d printed.

#6731 32 days ago

7 diamonds, got the mega jackpot for the first time but did not get the 10 jackpots on firefrenzy, crystall ball hurted me twice while there. What a code, what a joy to play WOZ

#6732 32 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Protectors really should extend a little beyond the regular plastics to avoid the regular plastics getting hit on the edges directly by the ball

Since we install our Convolux we never have any broken plastics in the games. We also have any customer complaints.

#6733 31 days ago

I have a metzel mod winki target that I bought a few weeks ago and it was injection molded not 3D printed. I would expect it to hold up well.

#6734 31 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have a metzel mod winki target that I bought a few weeks ago and it was injection molded not 3D printed. I would expect it to hold up well.

I think that's the new upgraded one

#6735 30 days ago
Quoted from merccat:

Agree.
Also on the winki target go with indypinhead if he still has them. I started with the metzel mod version but it quickly broke. Have had indy’s in for 2 years now without issue. Indy’s is cnc’d from a solid piece vs metzels is 3d printed.

He still sells them, just PM him. I replaced my original mezel one (old style) with his, I like the look better (no sticker) but i assume either would be fine.

#6736 29 days ago

What is the cost to upgrade the boards on an ECLE does anyone know? I thought I read $800 somewhere.

#6737 29 days ago

Yup, $800 plus another $20 to ship. Mine are in a box for a rainy day, my 7.5 buffered are fine so not gonna install until something breaks.

#6738 28 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup, $800 plus another $20 to ship. Mine are in a box for a rainy day, my 7.5 buffered are fine so not gonna install until something breaks.

I was planning the same until I read about someone having a DOA BAG PCB. That played on me so I bit the bullet and installed the kit. I didn't want to find out a year from now that something was DOA and would be on my coin to replace.

#6739 28 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What is the cost to upgrade the boards on an ECLE does anyone know? I thought I read $800 somewhere.

That is the current price, rumored to increase at some point. Buy it if you plan on keeping your ECLE, sell off your old boards to help cover some of the costs.

#6740 28 days ago

Advice you did not ask for: get the kit, grab the packing list and the instructions and lay out everything on a nice flat open spot so you can see everything including all the spacers and everything. Make sure you have everything and all looks correct. You can not thank me later.

#6741 28 days ago

Just out of curiosity because I cannot find it although I know it must be posted somewhere... When did they start putting the newer boards in the machines? I bought mine new in March of 2017. Was that after they came out with the newer LED system?

#6742 28 days ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

I bought mine new in March of 2017.

Look at the bottom of your playfield. If you have a B.A.G. board and HUB board, and lots of ethernet cables, you have the 2.0 light system.

Or look at page C-54 and page E-24 and compare the wiring to the underside of your game.

LTG : )

#6743 28 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That is the current price, rumored to increase at some point. Buy it if you plan on keeping your ECLE, sell off your old boards to help cover some of the costs.

I have not bought a 2.0 system yet...

I may be in the market for used 7.5v system boards for now if the used price is right...

PM me if you got em

#6744 28 days ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

Just out of curiosity because I cannot find it although I know it must be posted somewhere... When did they start putting the newer boards in the machines? I bought mine new in March of 2017. Was that after they came out with the newer LED system?

It doesn’t matter when you bought it, it’s the build date on the back of the pinball that matters. I bought mine nib in march 2018 but it was built a week before they started putting the 2.0 boards, december 15th 2016

#6745 28 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

It doesn’t matter when you bought it, it’s the build date on the back of the pinball that matters. I bought mine nib in march 2018 but it was built a week before they started putting the 2.0 boards, december 15th 2016

Mine came factory direct with 2.0 November 16 2016

CAEE3494-E63A-4BF1-872F-AE17122B432A (resized).jpegED41E05E-FFE2-47F4-880C-1F4454309A23 (resized).jpeg
#6746 28 days ago

I bought my Ruby Red , nib, 2014. 7.5 installed, zero issues. If it works, don’t fix it.

#6747 27 days ago

Iv tried to contact JJP via there support section, to find out how to make a purchase of the new boards but have not had a response, that was 2 weeks ago anybody any suggestions?

#6748 27 days ago

Email Shannan (sfaccone@jerseyjackpinball.com) and tell her you want to order a WOZ 2.0 LED kit. She’ll get an order setup for you.

#6749 27 days ago

Great Thankyou

#6750 27 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I bought my Ruby Red , nib, 2014. 7.5 installed, zero issues. If it works, don’t fix it.

After installing the 5v buffered set (complete 'kit'), I've not had any issues, it's been 3yrs? I still decided on moving to 2.0. Just a different choice but I'm very happy to made this choice, for me.

I have not bought a 2.0 system yet...
I may be in the market for used 7.5v system boards for now if the used price is right...
PM me if you got em

Unfortunately I only have one board that is a 7.5v, I'm going to bundle it with the rest to help entice that bundle.

I assume that most have not had issues with the cables that tie in the old boards but those get pricey very fast and are essentially proprietary. I've pulled out every last one. Again, this will be helpful to some unfortunate person in the future who runs into lighting/cabling issues with a 5V or 7.5V

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville , FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9,500.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6867 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 138.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside