Topic Stats

• 6,722 posts
  • 427 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by merccat
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 884 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_165718Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_165706Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_165659Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_165646Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_165619Wzzard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_165602Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_165553Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_5507Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_5506Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_5504Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
IMG_5502Wizard of OZ_B.jpg
monkey (resized).JPG
B8B00913-2635-485F-B5CF-D224A876E626 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9763 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20190208_2044113 (resized).jpg

There are 6722 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 135.
#6651 7 days ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Use Novus 1 for plastics but avoid 2 for a few years/decades. That’s for scratches, esp for restorations, not regular cleaning and polishing. Use Wizards Mist and Shine on the play field to clean and polish. JJP recommends this for anti static and pf care. This makes waxing a little much, methinks. Wizards does the trick.

I took Millwax for polishing, is that a bad choice ?

#6652 7 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah we have room for 1 more game and as we were going through potential choices she brought up WOZ again. I'd like to grab a Houdini or perhaps some sort of Stern and rotate it every 6 months or so. Houdini looks great and its basically an LE model for cheap. I think WOZ looks fantastic but the theme does nothing for me, same for Dialed In although I am warming up to DI the more I see it (it kind of reminds of RS which most people hate but I actually love it).
If I could get a good deal on a WOZ or Houdini locally I would probably go for it.
And Joe has been great I am getting my POTC and MBRLE from him. Won't have either for a while (MBR whenever it ships), POTC will pick up at Pinfest (couldn't resist the show special and no shipping, hate the wait though).

Houdini is OUT-standing. You are welcome to come by and try mine, which I guarantee is set up better than any other you’ll find in the area. I find it to be a nice mix where you can both have a satisfying shirt game but also dig in for a long one if you play well. WOZ and TH are
IMO more like “storyline” games where you progress through the plot, while Houdini is more a traditional mode based (many, many, many modes) game with a bunch of mini wizard modes and one insane “master magician” mode. Beautiful game too. And no the shots are not too tight, that is nonsense.

#6653 7 days ago

pinballomatic & pinballinreno - Thank you both for the very detailed run through!

I am hoping to try these out tonight or tomorrow.

#6654 7 days ago

Use Novus 1 for plastics but avoid 2 for a few years/decades. That’s for scratches, esp for restorations, not regular cleaning and polishing. Use Wizards Mist and Shine on the play field to clean and polish. JJP recommends this for anti static and pf care. This makes waxing a little much, methinks. Wizards does the trick.

Novus 2 for ball tracks, blitz wax over the area after cleaning.

#6655 7 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

I took Millwax for polishing, is that a bad choice ?

Millwax might yellow the clearcoat. Its used for old varnished games from the 50's to the late 80's.

Blitz wax, and mist n shine, for modern clearcoated playfields.

#6656 7 days ago

Ok, I cancelled millwax and got mist and shine. Thanks !

#6657 7 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Houdini is OUT-standing. You are welcome to come by and try mine, which I guarantee is set up better than any other you’ll find in the area. I find it to be a nice mix where you can both have a satisfying shirt game but also dig in for a long one if you play well. WOZ and TH are
IMO more like “storyline” games where you progress through the plot, while Houdini is more a traditional mode based (many, many, many modes) game with a bunch of mini wizard modes and one insane “master magician” mode. Beautiful game too. And no the shots are not too tight, that is nonsense.

Well its the one I want to get to be honest, the wife was ehh which is kinda odd as she likes magic stuff. Of course she is excited about POTC and can't want to have MB back in the house (had an OG for 14+ years and sold to "upgrade" to a MBRLE so now we wait pinless). I do worry about it being difficult and no one playing it - example had Shadow back in the day and loved it but I was the only one who played it. WOZ I think everyone would play because well its beautiful and its a theme that everyone knows. It doesn't resonate with me but as my wife tells me all the time .... its not about you honey

Houdini - well that game does not exist anywhere in Richmond - hell no JJP game does either except with a collector/pinhead. Everything on location is basically Stern here although there are some old Bally/Williams games too (especially at the collective) but no JJP, Spooky, American Pinball, hell no CGC either. I also like that Houdini is different than the other games we will have - heck MB and POTC aren't alike either. Our other game we are getting back is a Silverball Mania (assuming Paul and I get a deal hammered out, lol). That was our very first pin ever and the wife wants one back. Good news is that's a whole lot less than these others!

After blowing out the budget for an MBRLE, POTC LE, and an SBM in short order the Houdini or something else may have to wait a bit but damn it is so cheap for what it is though. Wish someone was selling one locally that would make it easier for sure.

How far are you from Richmond?

Also you and I may have done a deal way back in the past - do you work for the government and bought a STTNG from someone about 10 years or more ago in Richmond?

#6658 7 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Ok, I cancelled millwax and got mist and shine. Thanks !

It’s what JJP says so might as well! I use it on the Free Gold Watch WOZ which has like tens of thousands of plays and is still shiny, home use you should be gold.

#6659 7 days ago

It’s what JJP says so might as well! I use it on the Free Gold Watch WOZ which has like tens of thousands of plays and is still shiny, home use you should be gold.

Funny you mention, I played the WOZ at Free Gold Watch because I was wondering how it would hold in time, and I was impressed at how clean it was ! I go there usually once a week to get my shot of 90's SS, I should probably introduce myself somedays !

#6660 6 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Funny you mention, I played the WOZ at Free Gold Watch because I was wondering how it would hold in time, and I was impressed at how clean it was ! I go there usually once a week to get my shot of 90's SS, I should probably introduce myself somedays !

Hey thanks! I try to clean my games at FGW every week. I did not own that WOZ from the start, though, so there is some wear and tear. Luckily I have a PF to swap in new some day when I really feel like a project. It has the 2.0 lamps, too. That was quite a weekend. Good luck with your new WOZ and if you catch me at FGW I’m happy to advise on tech support, I have replaced, or at least removed, nearly every part in the game.

#6661 6 days ago

It is not my best score but I doubt I ever get that number again!

IMG_9763 (resized).jpg
#6662 6 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

It is not my best score but I doubt I ever get that number again![quoted image]

Oh, you will. Don’t worry. You’ll have magical games where everything just seems to come together for you. Give it time. One of theses days your bonus alone will be over that amount and you’ll look back at that post and laugh.

#6663 6 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Oh, you will. Don’t worry. You’ll have magical games where everything just seems to come together for you. Give it time. One of theses days your bonus alone will be over that amount and you’ll look back at that post and laugh.

I think he was just liking the 111111

#6664 6 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think he was just liking the 111111

Oh right. Oops. Completely misread the post. Sorry.

#6665 6 days ago

How many different Multiballs and how many different wizard modes does the game have?

#6666 6 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

How many different Multiballs and how many different wizard modes does the game have?

It depends on whether you count modes like Haunted Forest Multiball and Munchkin Multiball as mini-wizard modes and whether you consider mini-wizard modes as wizard modes in general.

There are several multi-balls including, I believe, 5 different two-ball multiballs from the crystal ball.

#6667 6 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe, 5 different two-ball multiballs from the crystal ball.

Unless you consider the 5th one (flipper frenzy?) a mini wizard mode . I count the mini wizards as both myself

Here’s whar I can think of specifically:
ECLE Multiball: Standard multiball 3 ball with glenda commonly adding balls.
Rescue Multiball: Tougher multiball (choose your ball count 2-5)
Munchkin Mini Wizard Multiball
Haunted Mini Wizard Multi ball
Crystal Ball 2 ball Muti Balls (4)
Crystal Ball 2 ball Mini Wizard Multiball.
Melt the Wicked Witch Wizard/2 Ball Multiball
Melt the Wicked Witch celebration Multiball (5 ball?)
And stuff I’ll never get to.

#6668 6 days ago

Finally got WOZ out if the garage and into the game room!! Only took 6 months or so after moving in.

We took off the head and took out the playfield which while it took a little extra time to do made it the easiest game to move down so far. Really appreciated having the full rails!

#6669 6 days ago

Glad to hear the depth and all the Multiball and wizard or mini wizard modes!

#6670 6 days ago
Quoted from merccat:

Finally got WOZ out if the garage and into the game room!! Only took 6 months or so after moving in.
We took off the head and took out the playfield which while it took a little extra time to do made it the easiest game to move down so far. Really appreciated having the full rails!

Just did this myself! Makes the heaviest game in the world a little easier to move

#6671 6 days ago

Anyone know how many Ruby Reds were actually produced?

#6672 6 days ago

WOZ members ? I have a Woz I’m thinking of putting up for sale . It’s a Standard that came with factory shaker
Invisaglass. Cool thing is it has s direct print Cabinet like LE originals, maybe 200
Plays it’s mint as they come what’s a fair
Price ? I unboxed this game

Thanks

B8B00913-2635-485F-B5CF-D224A876E626 (resized).jpeg
#6673 5 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

WOZ members ? I have a Woz I’m thinking of putting up for sale . It’s a Standard that came with factory shaker
Invisaglass. Cool thing is it has s direct print Cabinet like LE originals, maybe 200
Plays it’s mint as they come what’s a fair
Price ? I unboxed this game
Thanks
[quoted image]

Is it 5v or 7.5v system?

A few very early standards had direct print cabs.

#6674 5 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is it 5v or 7.5v system?
A few very early standards had direct print cabs.

Can you provide a couple of pics of the large LED boards under the playfield?

#6675 4 days ago

Couple quick questions about the winged monkey - when I get the ball over to the playfield magnet, it grabs as usual, and here comes the monkey to grab "Dorothy" - but most of the time this week, the monkey completely misses the ball, and it rolls down the playfield. I am familiar with what to fix if the ball collides with the castle door, but not sure what to do in this situation.

thanks!

#6676 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Couple quick questions about the winged monkey - when I get the ball over to the playfield magnet, it grabs as usual, and here comes the monkey to grab "Dorothy" - but most of the time this week, the monkey completely misses the ball, and it rolls down the playfield. I am familiar with what to fix if the ball collides with the castle door, but not sure what to do in this situation.
thanks!

So the magnet held the ball but released it before the monkey came down? I haven’t seen that one yet. I would check the magnet in test mode.

#6677 4 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So the magnet held the ball but released it before the monkey came down? I haven’t seen that one yet. I would check the magnet in test mode.

I would go into switch test and see if the monkey switches are working properly (the switch #1 at the bottom/right that indicates the monkey is at the magnet and the monkey home switch #1 on the left/top).
monkey (resized).JPG

#6678 4 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Correct. It basically drops the ball immediately. In fact, I guess I need to look more closely - I can see the ball move around so I know the monkey magnet is activated, but I’m not sure the ball ever really gets off the playfield

#6679 4 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would go into switch test and see if the monkey switches are working properly (the switch #1 at the bottom/right that indicates the monkey is at the magnet and the monkey home switch #1 on the left/top).
[quoted image]

Good idea. Maybe the upper switch is getting tripped or stuck closed and it’s thinking the monkey is already at the castle

#6680 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good idea. Maybe the upper switch is getting tripped or stuck closed and it’s thinking the monkey is already at the castle

Check and adjust the monkey end switch to go down slightly more.

Also the ball sensor board can be moved around a bit if it's not perfectly aligned with the magnet post. Without completely removing it you can rotate it a bit for testing.
This only if the ball is being released from the magnet prematurely. It makes it hard for the monkey to catch it.

A lot of us flipped the sensor board over. Some boards work a lot better simply flipped over and reattached to the back of the backboard and put in the same position.

#6681 4 days ago

Check and adjust the monkey end switch to go down slightly more.
Also the ball sensor board can be moved around a bit if it's not perfectly aligned with the magnet post. Without completely removing it you can rotate it a bit for testing.
This only if the ball is being released from the magnet prematurely. It makes it hard for the monkey to catch it.
A lot of us flipped the sensor board over. Some boards work a lot better simply flipped over and reattached to the back of the backboard and put in the same position.

Thanks! Seems strange it would work for several days and then suddenly have this issue

#6682 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks! Seems strange it would work for several days and then suddenly have this issue

Vibration may have moved something out of alignment, or something is loose.

Probably just needs a simple adjustment.

#6683 4 days ago

I might be in for a Yellow Brick Road edition of WOZ.

My ECLEWOZ version might want the 2.0 system, but I also like the ideas of bright yellow to spice up my gameroom.

I'm looking forward to seeing it at TPF.

As it stands WOZ is going nowhere in my small collection.
pinballgoddess would kill me in my sleep if I sold it lol.

#6684 4 days ago

I might be in for a Yellow Brick Road edition of WOZ.
My ECLEWOZ version might want the 2.0 system, but I also like the ideas of bright yellow to spice up my gameroom.
I'm looking forward to seeing it at TPF.
As it stands WOZ is going nowhere in my small collection.
pinballgoddess would kill me in my sleep if I sold it lol.

Do we know anything about the YBR edition? I heard somewhere they were looking at cost cutting some of the features out ? Not sure if that’s accurate

#6685 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I heard somewhere they were looking at cost cutting some of the features out ?

I don't think it was cost cutting. What I heard here on Pinside was some features known to be problematic will be changed.

Engineering new mechs for 250 games would cost money.

LTG : )

#6686 4 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think it was cost cutting. What I heard here on Pinside was some features known to be problematic will be changed.
Engineering new mechs for 250 games would cost money.

Hopefully upgraded castle playfield door mech! I would retrofit mine if they do that.

#6687 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do we know anything about the YBR edition? I heard somewhere they were looking at cost cutting some of the features out ? Not sure if that’s accurate

The YBR is nothing but rumor so far. The only thing we do know for sure is that they will be doing another 75th version run. Which also makes me think that a "stripped down" version is also just unsubstantiated rumor. If they were removing features due to problems, they wouldn't do another 75th version run that still had all original mechanicals.

#6688 4 days ago

Hopefully upgraded castle playfield door mech!

No idea. Personally I thought they should open out, so no way in h*ll a ball could get stuck in there.

I would retrofit mine if they do that.

No idea if anything changed can re retrofitted on a different WOZ or if software/dongle would support it.

#6689 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Correct. It basically drops the ball immediately. In fact, I guess I need to look more closely - I can see the ball move around so I know the monkey magnet is activated, but I’m not sure the ball ever really gets off the playfield

I have the exact same issue it started last week. I checked everything I could, switches, connectors and monkey settings but I didnt find anything wrong.

It doesnt happen all the time though, so I start to wonder if it could be related to one of the balls. Im getting a new set of balls tomorrow Ill see if it helps and will report

#6690 4 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea. Personally I thought they should open out, so no way in h*ll a ball could get stuck in there.

No idea if anything changed can re retrofitted on a different WOZ or if software/dongle would support it.

I thought of that before but figured the edges would get smashed up by the ball too much during MBs, etc.

#6691 4 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The YBR is nothing but rumor so far. The only thing we do know for sure is that they will be doing another 75th version run. Which also makes me think that a "stripped down" version is also just unsubstantiated rumor. If they were removing features due to problems, they wouldn't do another 75th version run that still had all original mechanicals.

I read someone say that the monkey mech will be removed or changed in the yellow brick road version.

My guess, only a guess, is that the Yellow Brick version will be a trimmed down bill of materials lower priced version to compete with Stern Premium pricing.

#6692 4 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I read someone say that the monkey mech will be removed or changed in the yellow brick road version.
My guess, only a guess, is that the Yellow Brick version will be a trimmed down bill of materials lower priced version to compete with Stern Premium pricing.

I'm all in for improvements, but trimming down anything on this amazing game would be sacrilegious!

#6693 4 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That would suck - that’s one of the most unique features! And despite me having issues with it this week I think it really adds to the game since it is directly related to setting up the rescue mode

#6694 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That would suck - that’s one of the most unique features! And despite me having issues with it this week I think it really adds to the game since it is directly related to setting up the rescue mode

I don't think there is really any point in a Yellow Brick edition unless it has a cheaper price dumbed down version since there are plenty of ruby, green and standards.

#6695 3 days ago

I had heard that the YBR version would be an 'in between' price, not higher. That might suggest that there would be some cuts but who knows, we'll see or hear soon enough. I am very happy with my ECLE now that it has the 2.0 kit. I had previously installed all cliffies (except the three roll over switches), the red smoke witch and now waiting on the flying monkey. A friend has the green mirror blades and the throne room 3D torches, both are very cool. I would love castle walls as well... maybe in the future!

#6696 3 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A friend has the green mirror blades

Do you know where does he get the mirror blades? I am looking for a red mirror blades for my WOZRR

Thanks.

#6697 3 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think there is really any point in a Yellow Brick edition unless it has a cheaper price dumbed down version since there are plenty of ruby, green and standards.

True, but there still seems to be a pretty limited number of 2.0 versions out there. I keep going back and forth between getting a good price on a used one without 2.0, or buying a new one with 2.0. If the Yellow Brick Edition has some additional features that improve reliability (without removing features), that might just push me over the NIB edge.

#6698 3 days ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I think it took me 12 hours. I took my time to make sure I did everything correctly. There is nothing difficult about it. Just take your time and follow the directions.

Great thanks, I have just replaced the WOZ 6 board so I’ll see how it goes now, but the general vibe I am getting is there will be others going.
How do I make a purchase of the new 2.0 boards, as they are not on there website.

#6699 3 days ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Great thanks, I have just replaced the WOZ 6 board so I’ll see how it goes now, but the general vibe I am getting is there will be others going.
How do I make a purchase of the new 2.0 boards, as they are not on there website.

Call or email someone of their Team, they will direct it quickly.

#6700 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Do you know where does he get the mirror blades? I am looking for a red mirror blades for my WOZRR
Thanks.

He bought his ECLE used and they were already installed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Woodridge, IL
$ 50.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 9,500.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6722 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 135.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside