767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 306.
#6551 5 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

I finally melted the witch. It only took me what four years?
I probably don't play as much as most of you, that's my excuse anyway, but it was nice to finally complete the mode.

Don't feel bad, I have had mine over 4 years and haven't melted her yet, lol (I just dont get to play it very often)

#6552 5 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

I finally melted the witch. It only took me what four years?
I probably don't play as much as most of you, that's my excuse anyway, but it was nice to finally complete the mode.

I also melted the witch for the first time over the weekend and it was a very satisfying feeling. I love this adventure game and how beautiful it looks. I’m really liking the munchkin modes and munchkin multiball, Come to think of it I really enjoy both of the upper play fields. I think what they did with the upper play fields and giving them their own multiball is just awesome.

#6553 5 years ago

Looking to join the club in the next few of months or so. Just curious, when did the 2.0 boards come out? Was it with all the 75th RR editions back in 2015, a certain ECLE number, a certain build date or what? I'm debating buying preowned or just biting the bullet and going new.

#6554 5 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Looking to join the club in the next few of months or so. Just curious, when did the 2.0 boards come out? Was it with all the 75th RR editions back in 2015, a certain ECLE number, a certain build date or what? I'm debating buying preowned or just biting the bullet and going new.

The WOZ documentation says that all the machines manufactured after December 15th 2016 have the 2.0 boards. But I wouldn't worry that much about it, mine was built right before (I didn't choose, I just didn't know), and after a couple dead GIs within the first few wekks, I have not had any issues with them since then. I know it's a hit or miss, and it's fairly random, so don't take my personal experience for more than a personal experience.

#6555 5 years ago

Yeah I agree I own a ECLE with the 7.5 boards and it has been flawless. Don’t stress over the 2.0

#6556 5 years ago

If you are paying full price make sure you are getting 2.0.
It won't make a difference until it does.

#6557 5 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Yeah I agree I own a ECLE with the 7.5 boards and it has been flawless. Don’t stress over the 2.0

I have a ECLE that had 7.5v boards. With low plays, I had to replace two of the large boards and one small board. After that, I gave in and bought the 2.0 board set. I also know that I am not the only one that had issues with the 7.5v boards.

#6558 5 years ago

If anyone has a good used 7.5v rainbow board, please PM me. Thanks

2DEF4BC9-8342-403B-82B7-8603B4A5AE44 (resized).jpeg2DEF4BC9-8342-403B-82B7-8603B4A5AE44 (resized).jpegC2963BA5-0FB2-4467-8515-FA12290B9CE9 (resized).jpegC2963BA5-0FB2-4467-8515-FA12290B9CE9 (resized).jpeg

#6559 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

If anyone has a good used 7.5v rainbow board, please PM me. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is someone repairing these for less than $200 ?!

#6560 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Depends on what blew. If it was the LED, not a huge deal to swap. IF it was the driver chip it is a total PITA to switch (center slug, plus it is EOL and hard to find at this point)

#6561 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Depends on what blew. If it was the LED, not a huge deal to swap. IF it was the driver chip it is a total PITA to switch (center slug, plus it is EOL and hard to find at this point)

Still, for $200 a pop for replacement, it seems it would be a good business decision to dust of ones hot air work station/toaster oven and rework these boards.

#6562 5 years ago

I found a good used 7.5v Rainbow board locally for $100. Should have it in a few days and hopefully that fixes the issue. This forum rocks!

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I found a good used 7.5v Rainbow board locally for $100. Should have it in a few days and hopefully that fixes the issue. This forum rocks!

Yay!

#6564 5 years ago

I don't suppose the person who sold you that rainbow board has a WOZ6 board ( scare crow board ) I am looking for one.

Thankyou Simon

#6565 5 years ago

I finally broke down and bought the 2.0 light kit, which is on the way. I have an early build (#51) with the 5v boards. I got tried of replacing boards and watching half the lights go out over a single bad board. I live in Vegas (no humidity). It seems like the dry climate causes more problems with the static electricity. I'm not looking forward to the 12 hour switch out, but I am looking forward to stable lights.

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

I don't suppose the person who sold you that rainbow board has a WOZ6 board ( scare crow board ) I am looking for one.
Thankyou Simon

Yes, he does. I'll PM you!

#6567 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Use P21S or Blitz wax, both pure caranuba waxes. Wizards is not a wax but is good for in between cleanings.
I usually find waxing makes my scores go down for a while because everything gets so fast, but YMMV.

So I got the wax, I was about to start the job then realized I have no idea what cloth to use. Any help appreciated !

#6568 5 years ago

Omg, I feel so luck for buying a WOZ! I went to a barcadia today and realized how many bad machines are out there (personal preference). Houdini was in my top 5 before seeing it in person. I did not like it at all. I am not a fan of the dialed in or PotCB theme but really enjoyed playing diale.

#6569 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have no idea what cloth to use.

A soft lint free micro fiber.

LTG : )

#6570 5 years ago

My WOZ is only ~2 weeks old and the green LED under the wizard is already toast. JJP sent me a replacement under warranty today but I am shocked that this was not already resolved before my late model RR 75th edition was shipped.

#6571 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

but I am shocked that this was not already resolved

Crap happens. New parts can prematurely fail. No way to resolve that. JJP sent you a new one.

#6572 5 years ago

Hey guys. I didn't see any replies before so I'll try again.
Please post some pics of your woz's with art blades or mirrors. I haven't seen many with either.
Thanks

#6573 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My WOZ is only ~2 weeks old and the green LED under the wizard is already toast.

I've heard this a bit. I've had my share of Woz problems with the 75th here ,10/11/16 (playing solid now) and that green Led has not failed me.

#6574 5 years ago

Thanks for your help darkryder ( Jeremy ) iv made contact with the guy you got your rainbow board from. Iv also enquired with paddyLV on here in the cost of replacing all the boards to the latest version.
Lloyd has been a superb representative for JJP on here and fully appreciate my issue is out of Lloyds hands.
But I have to say I am very very dissapointed with service and very poor relations from Jersey Jack Pinball, I have sent numerous emails through there support system and also directly. I have rang most days over the last three weeks but nothing only answer machines of which iv left messages.
Such a shame a great product but very poor relations. Please Jersey Jack Pinball remember people like me are your bread and butter so to speak, and if satisfied will always come back for more.

#6575 5 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Thanks for your help darkryder ( Jeremy ) iv made contact with the guy you got your rainbow board from. Iv also enquired with paddyLV on here in the cost of replacing all the boards to the latest version.
Lloyd has been a superb representative for JJP on here and fully appreciate my issue is out of Lloyds hands.
But I have to say I am very very dissapointed with service and very poor relations from Jersey Jack Pinball, I have sent numerous emails through there support system and also directly. I have rang most days over the last three weeks but nothing only answer machines of which iv left messages.
Such a shame a great product but very poor relations. Please Jersey Jack Pinball remember people like me are your bread and butter so to speak, and if satisfied will always come back for more.

Seems to me that Lloyd being here and responding to every JJP questions is quite an exemple of great customer services.

#6576 5 years ago

Fair point and a great credit to Lloyd, but some issues are out of his hands and you would assume the way to go is through the correct channels, direct to Jersey Jack Pinball, would it not.

#6577 5 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Fair point and a great credit to Lloyd, but some issues are out of his hands and you would assume the way to go is through the correct channels, direct to Jersey Jack Pinball, would it not.

Lloyd is JJP. Between him and JJP customer service I haven’t had any issue or replacement parts that haven’t been solved within a few days. All under warranty and with enough tech explanation to make me self sufficient with troubleshooting so far.
This WOZ thread is also a huge knowledge base.
I don’t deny you have a different experience and respect it too, but I wanted to share my perspective on being a happy JJP customer.

#6578 5 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

I agree they need work on answering the phone to get parts etc.

Also the online store needs to be an actual parts interface. That would be super helpful.

#6579 5 years ago

I'm still waiting of stuff from October to be shipped to me.

#6580 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I'm still waiting of stuff from October to be shipped to me.

You might want to call and check on it.

However some items are from 3rd party vendors and you have to wait for them to be produced.

#6581 5 years ago

I talked to Frank four weeks ago and he told to give him a couple more weeks. I'll call him next week again.

#6582 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I'll call him next week again.

Call Steve.

#6583 5 years ago

I have had my NIB WOZ for about two weeks now and just had one of the rubbers break on me. It is #11 at the top of the playfield. Mine was white but the manual says it is a 2" black ring. I would guess these kinds of things are considered wear items and not covered by a warranty but is it normal for them to break so quckly? This is my first pin, where do you recomend purchasing a replacement? Are thre higher quality ones that I should use? Thansk!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6584 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have had my NIB WOZ for about two weeks now and just had one of the rubbers break on me. It is #11 at the top of the playfield. Mine was white but the manual says it is a 2" black ring. I would guess these kinds of things are considered wear items and not covered by a warranty but is it normal for them to break so quckly? This is my first pin, where do you recomend purchasing a replacement? Are thre higher quality ones that I should use? Thansk![quoted image]

I had this exact same one that broke within a month. I contacted JJP support, they sent me a replacement for free, and a tutorial to replace it without removing the munchkin playfield (a hassle you surely want to avoid). It took me 20 minutes to do it, the new rubber has been up and running for 6 months now.

#6585 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

but is it normal for them to break so quckly?

That one, yes. Turn the slingshot strength down on it.

Can be white or black, depending on when your game was built.

PM me your email address and I'll email you instructions to replace it.

#6586 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have had my NIB WOZ for about two weeks now and just had one of the rubbers break on me. It is #11 at the top of the playfield. is it normal for them to break so quckly?

That was the very first thing that failed on my NIB WOZ also.
Fortunately, its replacement has lasted almost two years now.

#6587 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have had my NIB WOZ for about two weeks now and just had one of the rubbers break on me. It is #11 at the top of the playfield. Mine was white but the manual says it is a 2" black ring. I would guess these kinds of things are considered wear items and not covered by a warranty but is it normal for them to break so quckly? This is my first pin, where do you recomend purchasing a replacement? Are thre higher quality ones that I should use? Thansk![quoted image]

I think they put white rubber on the upper sling to get a little better action from a slow moving ball in that location.
White rubber is bouncer than black but doesnt last as long.

It's fairly easy to replace considering the location though.

So put a white one there.

The right post sits very tight against the lane guide. The rubber can get nicked or cut upon assembly if you dont stretch it thin when you put it on.

Properly assembled the rubber lasts years.

#6588 5 years ago

I think they put white rubber on the upper sling to get a little better action from a slow moving ball in that location.
White rubber is bouncer than black but doesnt last as long.

Another alternative is the GITD competition silicon ring from Titan. I think this color is perfect for most areas on the WOZ playfield and they seem to be plenty bouncy for that location as well as lasting at least as long as any other alternative. Here are a few pictures to illustrate.
GITD1 (resized).jpgGITD1 (resized).jpgGITD2 (resized).jpgGITD2 (resized).jpg

#6589 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I ordered replacement white silicone ones from titanpinball.com

#6590 5 years ago

WOZ castle door tip:

If the right door stops opening properly and it's not loose on the shaft or making a whining noise:

Try cleaning the pins on all the castle playfield connectors with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.

Especially #11 or the big 9 pin motor wire connectors.

I just replaced my 2 motors that were burnt out.

They were perfect for a couple days then the right one developed problems. Since they were new, I decided it was low power due to connector failure.

A fair amount of black oxidation or pinball dust came off onto the q-tip. Possibly from the castle flipper mech. (I rebuilt the mech when I had the playfield out. It was pretty worn at 750,000 flips).

Cleaned all the pins and it's perfect again.

#6591 5 years ago

I'm just curious how many monkeys have you sent out?

#6592 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm just curious how many monkeys have you sent out?

Wrong thread.

#6593 5 years ago

I’m still hoping for some people to post pictures of their WOZ’s with art blades or mirrors installed.

Anyone....anyone......Bueller

#6594 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I’m still hoping for some people to post pictures of their WOZ’s with art blades or mirrors installed.

Me too.
I do prefer artblades, but it is such a tide fit that will probably scratch soon

#6595 5 years ago

I got mine a week ago #566 7,5 v 1.1 boards.
Everything works and playes really good, i did some morovements:
-added mylar to tree bumper area, no place like home and drop target. Any other place ?
-adjusted the witch target

Will probably get cliff set of protectors and carbon rings for the magnets

Witch mod and improve spot lights.

Melted the witch for the first time today, and almost did a second time on the same game. What a mini wizard mode, so much fun

#6596 5 years ago

I put Tilt graphics -Yellow brick road on my Ruby Red. Pictures are dark, sorry, not a photographer. Check their site,very popular. Looks much better than black paint. I personally like mirrors on all my games, but, no running GI's is still too dark. I bought mine nib ,4 years ago ,and do love the game.

#6597 5 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6598 5 years ago

I have mirror blades that I bought for WOZ but never installed them because the there was not enough clearance

#6599 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have those blades on mine. Do you like pin stadium lighting? Do you ever have to remove it to work? Thanks.

#6600 5 years ago

When you have your playfield up, is it normal for the state fair balloon to rest on your upper cabinet? I have been placing a folded towel on the other side to prevent it from resting on the baloon. Just curious if there is another trick for preventing this.

IMG_9728 (resized).jpgIMG_9728 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/132?hl=mnluz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.