New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 87617)

WOZ Fan Club - members only

By TigerLaw

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,450 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by mikepmcs
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,561 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a0f6cd6b47c51df14b75efb9c0dbe3eac6fd3c84 (resized).jpg
A45F5768-2A56-4661-B7D7-5B3A47FD2A37 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Old GI Single RGB LED bd revisions (resized).jpg
WOZ Old GI Single RGB LED bd revisions (resized).jpg
Woz (resized).jpg
02 (resized).JPG
01 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3205 (resized).jpeg
MSS (resized).jpg
IMG_1049 (resized).jpg
20201011_134806 (resized).jpg
A6A10331-2286-4322-9BCF-F231ABEC5299 (resized).jpeg
53C2B5C1-7B9A-4190-92C6-165E4858D305 (resized).jpeg
3AD684AD-9EC5-486D-914F-E5DD1785B6D6 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20200924_134053 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11450 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 229.
#6451 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

The behavior almost looks like
The playfield magnet is too strong or is not releasing the ball at the right time.

The magnet under the playfield is like a big fat donut held on by a metal bracket and three screws. Remove the screws and bracket, flip the magnet over. Reattach.

See if that helps.
Lloyd

#6452 1 year ago

I have the opposite issue with the monkey magnet, he seems to be not powerful enough to grab the balls. It happens randomly so I'm wondering if balls can lose their "magnetism" in time or if I need to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the help

#6453 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

It happens randomly

I'd go over the wiring and connectors for him. Something loose, comes loose, or broken where you can't see it.

LTG : )

#6454 1 year ago

Thanks ltg so literally just flip the magnet?

#6455 1 year ago

I've noticed that while my game is in attract mode that at times there will be a screeching type sound coming from the speakers which lasts for about a second. I don't think I've heard it during game play. Sure hope this isn't an indication of a problem brewing - any thoughts on what may be causing this? Thank you for any input!

#6456 1 year ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I've noticed that while my game is in attract mode that at times there will be a screeching type sound coming from the speakers which lasts for about a second. I don't think I've heard it during game play. Sure hope this isn't an indication of a problem brewing - any thoughts on what may be causing this? Thank you for any input!

New one on me, but I still freak out every time I get a match

#6457 1 year ago

Hello everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am completly new to pin ownership and am greatful that I found this thread. My RR WOZ machine shipped today and I can't wait to get it. I just finished reading this entire thread and based on feeback have already ordered my Munchkinland edge protector and am thinking about ordering these accessories from mezelmods. Is there any reason not to order them? Are there better versions of the same type of mod available? I am also considering ordering some additional GI but want to see how the stock lights look before doing so.

WOZ acc (resized).PNG
#6458 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Hello everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am completly new to pin ownership and am greatful that I found this thread. My RR WOZ machine shipped today and I can't wait to get it. I just finished reading this entire thread and based on feeback have already ordered my Munchkinland edge protector and am thinking about ordering these accessories from mezelmods. Is there any reason not to order them? Are there better versions of the same type of mod available? I am also considering ordering some additional GI but want to see how the stock lights look before doing so.[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wizard-of-oz-a-woz-journey-along-the-yellow-brick-road

Here are some mods I did with mine you might like

#6459 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Hello everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am completly new to pin ownership and am greatful that I found this thread. My RR WOZ machine shipped today and I can't wait to get it. I just finished reading this entire thread and based on feeback have already ordered my Munchkinland edge protector and am thinking about ordering these accessories from mezelmods. Is there any reason not to order them? Are there better versions of the same type of mod available? I am also considering ordering some additional GI but want to see how the stock lights look before doing so.[quoted image]

What about a $15 surge protector for good measure?

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

What about a $15 surge protector for good measure?

That was one of my other questions. I have not searched all of Pinside, but did not see any mentuon of people using a specific UPS backup. It might be a good idea to protect my $10K purchase. What is the peak wattage pull of the machine?

#6461 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Have you tinkered with pinball machines before? For being "new to pinball ownership", you sure do know a lot about them! Shoot, when I bought my first machine, I didn't even know there were batteries in the back box!

Welcome to the hobby.

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Have you tinkered with pinball machines before? For being "new to pinball ownership", you sure do know a lot about them! Shoot, when I bought my first machine, I didn't even know there were batteries in the back box!
Welcome to the hobby.

Nope, I have never touched the inside of one before! My main hobby has always been saltwater reef keeping and poison dart frogs. I am looking forward to taking on something new that I don't have to worry about feeding while on vacation! Back to my question above, are those good mods or are there better versions of the? I am specifically curious about the Winkie and the plastic protector. I read somewhere that some of the light up Winkies were 3D printed and would break rather easily. I assume that this is no linger the case from Mezelmod. Is there any downside in adding the slingshot plastic protectors? Or there any other plastic protectors that are strongly recomended? Thanks!

#6463 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Nope, I have never touched the inside of one before! My main hobby has always been saltwater reef keeping and poison dart frogs. I am looking forward to taking on something new that I don't have to worry about feeding while on vacation! Back to my question above, are those good mods or are there better versions of the? I am specifically curious about the Winkie and the plastic protector. I read somewhere that some of the light up Winkies were 3D printed and would break rather easily. I assume that this is no linger the case from Mezelmod. Is there any downside in adding the slingshot plastic protectors? Or there any other plastic protectors that are strongly recomended? Thanks!

I would not go with the light up winkie target. I had heard that they break but went ahead and ordered one and of course mine eventually broke. They offered a small credit since I had it a few months before. Should of listened to Pinside.

#6464 1 year ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

I would not go with the light up winkie target. I had heard that they break but went ahead and ordered one and of course mine eventually broke. They offered a small credit since I had it a few months before. Should of listened to Pinside.

Indypinhead sells a solid one I have had since day one on mine with no issues and I have installed them on other 75s and they haven't broke.

#6465 1 year ago

I have all 3 on mine, and more, and they work great. I will say that the winkie target is the new one that is solid.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

#6466 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Take a look at wozmods.com for the balloon LED. Not sure if Mezel's is just lit or like this one that flickers like a flame. I bought the wozmods with the tree eyes that are controlled from the same flicker controller a long time ago. The balloon looks good, but if you add more lights to the playfield the tree eyes effect would likely not show up much.

#6467 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

I have all 3 on mine, and more, and they work great. I will say that the winkie target is the new one that is solid.

Thanks! I am going to go ahead and place my order tonight! I appreciate your feedback.

#6468 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Hello everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am completly new to pin ownership and am greatful that I found this thread. My RR WOZ machine shipped today and I can't wait to get it. I just finished reading this entire thread and based on feeback have already ordered my Munchkinland edge protector and am thinking about ordering these accessories from mezelmods. Is there any reason not to order them? Are there better versions of the same type of mod available?

Welcome!

I find this game to already be so full (in a good way) that I've avoided mods.
Mostly.

The Winkie target has a significant functional value, as the stock black target is not illuminated well enough to see if it's up or down. I got Indy's.

And the Munchkland Cliffy is a sound investment for protection.

Plastic protectors are never a bad idea. Low price, easy to install and remove.

Balloon light: not for me. I like it as-is.

Enjoy!

Jason

#6469 1 year ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Indypinhead sells a solid one I have had since day one on mine with no issues and I have installed them on other 75s and they haven't broke.

Agreed, get the Indypinhead lighted winki. It has held up on mine for 2 years now whereas the other one broke in two months.

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

That was one of my other questions. I have not searched all of Pinside, but did not see any mentuon of people using a specific UPS backup. It might be a good idea to protect my $10K purchase. What is the peak wattage pull of the machine?

I would get the complete "Cliffy" package, which includes the munchkin protector, and a number of other protectors that are nice to have. The winkie target is a nice add on as its much easier to see during game play. The other thing u might consider is adding some spot lights to the play field since their cheap (its pretty dark when playing at night). I have a few other mods, but their really just nice add ons and not really necessary (i.e witch mod, monkey mod, Tornado light).

#6471 1 year ago

Just joined the club

1CAFB9C9-81E8-4B98-BD32-AF2A95304931 (resized).jpeg752AA516-B47D-4243-9029-9DE7CCC34486 (resized).jpeg9A3EC14B-8F11-4449-9302-B2BF2D542E8F (resized).jpegA64A527A-83D8-40BA-BBB1-38A2D97A2161 (resized).jpegAAAE6B76-4E66-4553-80C0-F866EF3015DB (resized).jpeg
#6472 1 year ago

You won’t be sorry you did!

#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

You won’t be sorry you did!

I hope this grows roots and stays for a long time, just like my Hobbit.

#6474 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Nice pick up.I missed out on the Emerald city version and have the 75th.

Grab a Munchkin playfield protector edge for it.

#6475 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

The munchkin protector will be the first mod I get. I’m just happy I found a Emerald City version with the 2.0 system but it was a tough decision between the 75th and the Emerald city, both versions are beautiful.

#6476 1 year ago

But ... it doesn't have the wood apron. So is it one of those special green editions that is not an LE?

#6477 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

But ... it doesn't have the wood apron. So is it one of those special green editions that is not an LE?

It appears to be the Automated Services Emerald edition (green trim), different from the ECLE. Anyone can buy the green trim separately anyway.

#6478 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Different topper as well. Hope he didn't cave at all this "2.0 or nothing" talk. Mine has the 7.5 system and runs like a champ.

#6479 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Different topper as well. Hope he didn't cave at all this "2.0 or nothing" talk. Mine has the 7.5 system and runs like a champ.

Same here, very few problems other than castle door motors every couple years.

I just ordered 2 more as one is whining and opening inconsistently.

10000+ plays getting ready for a teardown and rubber replacement

#6480 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

It will, no worries on that front!

#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It appears to be the Automated Services Emerald edition (green trim), different from the ECLE. Anyone can buy the green trim separately anyway.

True anyone can buy the trim, but add the shaker and glass and it seems to be a good package. Red green silver what ever floats your boat but they all play the same.

#6482 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

True anyone can buy the trim, but add the shaker and glass and it seems to be a good package. Red green silver what ever floats your boat but they all play the same.

Yes, it is a great game regardless of version as they all have the same playfield mechs.

#6483 1 year ago

Does anyone else think the hurry up music sounds like Popeye the Sailor Man's theme beside me? I keep leaving the game thinking about Popeye.

#6484 1 year ago

Is there a way to bypass the lock when the Munchkin Playfield is ready? Just seems like they are always ready at the same time.

#6485 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Is there a way to bypass the lock when the Munchkin Playfield is ready? Just seems like they are always ready at the same time.

I havent needed to do this, but its a bit of a strategy as to how one stacks modes.

I try to stack 2 balls locked, then start a munchkin mode, then start rescue mutiball.
During rescue MB, ECMB generally starts as well as a crystal ball mode.

Stacked modes really pay off on WOZ. With the help of a multipier 600k+ bonuses are not unknown.

#6486 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I just ordered a RR 75th last week and get it tomorrow. There are still sone NIB out there.

#6487 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The only real difference is the wood apron, and the direct print decals....that being said both are really nice, and look much better

#6488 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The only real difference is the wood apron, and the direct print decals....that being said both are really nice, and look much better

Not sure about much better but I guess that’s a matter of opinion, thank goodness we play them instead of hanging them on the wall.

#6489 1 year ago

I thought of this group when I saw this posted online.

brain (resized).jpg
#6490 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Not sure about much better but I guess that’s a matter of opinion, thank goodness we play them instead of hanging them on the wall.

I'm with you.

I haven't seen my direct print cabinet in years since its between my other games. So no big deal.

In fact kinda silly if you think about it.

Also the wood apron is cool but has absolutely no effect on the game whatsoever.

You play the playfield, pure and simple.

Congrats on getting an amazing game!

#6491 1 year ago

Having just purchased a WOZ and thoroughly enjoying it might I add. I have encountered a few minor issues of
which I have overcome and delt with myself. I now find one of the major LED circuit boards gone, ahh. Having tried emailing and phoning JJP direct on numerous occasions to see if there’s any compensation on this, as the games had very little use.
I am finding this an impossible task every extension goes straight to answer machine, and not one email iv sent had had a response over this issue. Either they are extremely busy selling pinball machines or they can’t be bothered dealing with me. Has anyone elts experienced this???

#6492 1 year ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Having just purchased a WOZ and thoroughly enjoying it might I add. I have encountered a few minor issues of
which I have overcome and delt with myself. I now find one of the major LED circuit boards gone, ahh. Having tried emailing and phoning JJP direct on numerous occasions to see if there’s any compensation on this, as the games had very little use.
I am finding this an impossible task every extension goes straight to answer machine, and not one email iv sent had had a response over this issue. Either they are extremely busy selling pinball machines or they can’t be bothered dealing with me. Has anyone elts experienced this???

How old is the game? The amount of use is usually not relevant to a warranty or replacement parts. Sometimes JJP will charge less for boards if you return the old one.

Right now they are having a snow storm it appears so it might be a next week before you can get assistance:
https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USNJ0250

#6493 1 year ago

I got my machine today and I don’t think there are any major issues with it!

89B50E5F-F27E-4ECE-B590-B8333BEF09FA (resized).jpegCD1F6716-1ABC-4015-8CED-0F16EBC2D56C (resized).jpeg
#6494 1 year ago

Sorry for the dumb question but should I be able to control the munchkin flipper throughout the game or do you have to unlock a mode for it? I have yet to be able to trigger it. The machine does move it (puts it in the up position before each new ball) so I know the coil is not broken. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Also I found this screw inside the cabinet? Are there many locations for thumb screws in the machine? I would like to put it back where it goes.

B2E6B25A-0FE9-40D1-B5FE-339BE1DB64B7 (resized).jpeg
#6495 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Sorry for the dumb question but should I be able to control the munchkin flipper throughout the game or do you have to unlock a mode for it? I have yet to be able to trigger it. The machine does move it (puts it in the up position before each new ball) so I know the coil is not broken. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Also I found this screw inside the cabinet? Are there many locations for thumb screws in the machine? I would like to put it back where it goes.[quoted image]

Screw goes to coin mech or side computer housing

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Also I found this screw inside the cabinet? Are there many locations for thumb screws in the machine? I would like to put it back where it goes.[quoted image]

Check the gap on the leaf switches that control the Munchkin flipper. It should be that the first blade controls the left flipper and the second controls the Munchkin. It may not be making contact with the second. If so, it is an easy adjustment.

#6497 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Reduce your setting from "two letters per rollover" to "one letter per rollover"

#6498 1 year ago

Ok fair enough maybe they have lack of staff in due to the bad weather. My game has had 658 plays, I have no problem in sending the part back at all. Just a response at some stage would be good.

#6499 1 year ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Ok fair enough maybe they have lack of staff in due to the bad weather. My game has had 658 plays, I have no problem in sending the part back at all. Just a response at some stage would be good.

Their service team is usually very responsive so your experience is not the norm and may very well be because of the weather or some other factor. You can also try sending LTG a PM as he works for JJP support as well but my guess is you'll want to talk to Frank at JJP for parts replacement.

#6500 1 year ago

Yes LTG has helped me out with a few minor issues and has been very good.
I didn’t want to go through the forum with this as didn’t want to mither out of work time, so have gone through there support system.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenville, SC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 11450 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 229.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside