Topic Stats

• 6,394 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 816 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4829 (resized).JPG
IMG_4761 (resized).JPG
15439848473053723919317933447608 (resized).jpg
89DAB4B5-FE73-4E5F-993B-B163F5DC6795 (resized).jpeg
LED (resized).png
IMG_7138 (resized).png
image_67152129 (resized).JPG
image_67190017 (resized).JPG
WOZ-monkey-Mech-Pic (resized).jpg
20181102_184015 (resized).jpg
20181101_225054 (resized).jpg
20181101_223922 (resized).jpg
20181101_223834 (resized).jpg
20181101_223827 (resized).jpg
20181101_221700 (resized).jpg
20181101_221630 (resized).jpg

There are 6394 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 128.
#6351 14 days ago

Using a few 7.5v boards on a 5v machine is okay. No harm done. The thing you cannot do is go the other way - if you run 5v boards in a 7.5v game they will work for a short while, then fail.

#6352 14 days ago
Quoted from Prienovich:

Hello
I have a Eclewoz, with a not working motherboard.
Does anyone know if I can just buy a similar MSI H61M-P31/W8 motherboard and install without problems?
The reason for my question is that on my original motherboard there is a label with a number corresponding to the number on the label of the usb stick. Does this mean that the original motherboard is unique and cannot easily be replaced?
Sorry if i missed any existing threads on this subject

The motherboard is not unique, any suitable/similar replacement will work.
If in doubt, or lack the knowledge, order a replacement from JJP.

The usb stick is unique, and must be in place to run the JJP operating system.

#6353 14 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So 6800 is
pretty good for a Standard edition? Jus want to make sure you are not talking about ECLE and I am comparing apples to apples.
Thanks!

I think so.

#6354 14 days ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Sounds weird, so I wanted to confirm w/ the experts here before I plug it in & power it up.

It will work fine.

LTG : )

#6355 14 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I seem to recall JJP tweaking the bios for boot up which will be different with an off the shelf PC. I don’t, however, recall the details.

#6356 14 days ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I seem to recall JJP tweaking the bios for boot up which will be different with an off the shelf PC. I don’t, however, recall the details.

They did not reprogram the BIOS.

Since the OS is Linux it requires no drivers, and its not hardware specific at all.

Any of the similar MSI I3 or I5 mainboards will work, like a H81m-P33 as long as you have the regular features the game needs and it fits well enough in the cabinet.

Any BIOS settings you will have to adjust using a USB keyboard anyway.

WOZ and TH mainboards are interchangeable. Personally I would use an I5 processor for a little better performance, but its not necessary.

#6357 14 days ago

Thank you.
I would have ordered a replacement if it was not out of stock, and I would also not bother you here if Jersey Jack had reacted to my support request(4 weeks ago) or my email 3 weeks ago.
My game is located in a public place and I am a little embarrassed to leave it standing there not working for a month already.

The story is
One evening the power supply board went up i smoke due to the well known weakness(that I did not know of at the time). It burned a hole in the board under the L9 inductor.
I bought a replacement at a local distributor and installed it, only to find out that damage had also been done to the motherboard.
As it is not available by JJP i bought a replacement motherboard elsewhere. I took RAM, processor and fan from the defect board and put in the new board.
Fan is running but nothing else happens. No bios.

Maybe the processor was fried at the same time, so I guess my next step is to get a new processor.
I could ofcourse try the RAM first but my feeling says processor.

#6358 14 days ago
Quoted from Prienovich:

Thank you.
I would have ordered a replacement if it was not out of stock, and I would also not bother you here if Jersey Jack had reacted to my support request(4 weeks ago) or my email 3 weeks ago.
My game is located in a public place and I am a little embarrassed to leave it standing there not working for a month already.
The story is
One evening the power supply board went up i smoke due to the well known weakness(that I did not know of at the time). It burned a hole in the board under the L9 inductor.
I bought a replacement at a local distributor and installed it, only to find out that damage had also been done to the motherboard.
As it is not available by JJP i bought a replacement motherboard elsewhere. I took RAM, processor and fan from the defect board and put in the new board.
Fan is running but nothing else happens. No bios.
Maybe the processor was fried at the same time, so I guess my next step is to get a new processor.
I could ofcourse try the RAM first but my feeling says processor.

Generally CPU does not go bad.

I would check my power supply and connections.

If in doubt, pull the mainboard out.

Put it on a worktable, plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Plug in a standard ATX power supply, briefly jumper the power switch pins.

It should boot to the cmos.

If not, troubleshoot from there it's easier than in the game.

Clear the cmos by jumper or removing battery.

Bad RAM will keep it from booting, so put them in one at a time.

#6359 13 days ago

They did not reprogram the BIOS.
Since the OS is Linux it requires no drivers, and its not hardware specific at all.
Any of the similar MSI I3 or I5 mainboards will work, like a H81m-P33 as long as you have the regular features the game needs and it fits well enough in the cabinet.
Any BIOS settings you will have to adjust using a USB keyboard anyway.
WOZ and TH mainboards are interchangeable. Personally I would use an I5 processor for a little better performance, but its not necessary.

Anybody know what MOBO they are putting in the latest WOZ builds? Looking for a MOBO to use that is still in production and available new for a reasonable price.

#6360 10 days ago

Generally CPU does not go bad.
I would check my power supply and connections.
If in doubt, pull the mainboard out.
Put it on a worktable, plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Plug in a standard ATX power supply, briefly jumper the power switch pins.
It should boot to the cmos.
If not, troubleshoot from there it's easier than in the game.
Clear the cmos by jumper or removing battery.
Bad RAM will keep it from booting, so put them in one at a time.

Wow you just saved me a ton of problems. Been fighting a dead woz for a bit finally after your post I looked at the ram and yup I unseated it trying to fix a power issue that you might have told me to get a tester for an sure enough tons of pain for a stupid loose connection thanks pinside!

#6361 10 days ago

Woz won't boot and you don't get the back glass lights look to me before tearing into your problems.

15439848473053723919317933447608 (resized).jpg
#6362 10 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

Woz won't boot and you don't get the back glass lights look to me before tearing into your problems.
[quoted image]

Yeah, check every single connector. They gotta be inserted all the way, and straight!

#6363 10 days ago

Anybody have advice on fixing my Wicked Witch? It doesn't raise all the way up.

In test, it appears to bind going up, but I can assist it with a little push with my finger. It just won't do it on its own

I think the metal rod that slides through the motor is the issue. It looks mostly straight. That rod is flimsy and not easy to make perfectly straight.

The issue could also be the motor is weak and if it were stronger it would work past the section where it gets caught. The motor seems strong enough though.

Any advice appreciated.

#6364 10 days ago

Make sure the witch isn’t touching anything as she travels up and down, and the rod needs to be straight as a arrow - from what I remember you can remove the witch from the shaft with 2 screws... maybe try that to see if the rod works by itself

#6365 10 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

Anybody have advice on fixing my Wicked Witch? It doesn't raise all the way up.
In test, it appears to bind going up, but I can assist it with a little push with my finger. It just won't do it on its own
I think the metal rod that slides through the motor is the issue. It looks mostly straight. That rod is flimsy and not easy to make perfectly straight.
The issue could also be the motor is weak and if it were stronger it would work past the section where it gets caught. The motor seems strong enough though.
Any advice appreciated.

I'd recommend cleaning the rod to clean off any gunk or dried up grease and then apply a thin layer of lightweight lithium grease, then run her up and down a few times and see if that resolves the issue. The same can happen with the drive shaft for the monkey.

#6366 9 days ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I removed the witch and used some white lithium grease and kept bending it slightly until I got it working.

It really took forever to show any consistency. It would work 10 times and then get stuck on the 11th. I think if I sneeze it may stop working. But for now it's been steady. Thanks for the help!

#6367 9 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

Thanks for the suggestions. I removed the witch and used some white lithium grease and kept bending it slightly until I got it working.
It really took forever to show any consistency. It would work 10 times and then get stuck on the 11th. I think if I sneeze it may stop working. But for now it's been steady. Thanks for the help!

This is exactly how its adjusted and maintained!
It can be a bit sensitive but, once its working its pretty stable.

#6368 9 days ago

Does anybody who has pinstadiums have a good picture of how to connect the GI lights I have tried a few times with the company but I just don't understand - I have them on but they don't interact with the game very well thanks

#6369 9 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

Does anybody who has pinstadiums have a good picture of how to connect the GI lights I have tried a few times with the company but I just don't understand - I have them on but they don't interact with the game very well thanks

What light board set are you on, 2.0 or <2.0?

#6370 9 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

At least on my ECLE, the lights stay on the entire time due to the way the game was wired and your limited choice of what to tap into. I have 7.5 buffered boards but I was told it's the physical game version itself that limits your ability... mine goes into the Wizard LED and can't go into any of the little GI boards. However, I do have a 2.0 kit I'm installing the next time something goes out, and that should make it more interactive. Happy enough to have the GI boost, make a big difference and I have them set pretty low so it's still dynamic feeling. But yeah, would be cool if the game would go dark sometimes.

#6371 9 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

At least on my ECLE, the lights stay on the entire time due to the way the game was wired and your limited choice of what to tap into. I have 7.5 buffered boards but I was told it's the physical game version itself that limits your ability... mine goes into the Wizard LED and can't go into any of the little GI boards. However, I do have a 2.0 kit I'm installing the next time something goes out, and that should make it more interactive. Happy enough to have the GI boost, make a big difference and I have them set pretty low so it's still dynamic feeling. But yeah, would be cool if the game would go dark sometimes.

Did you try tapping the GI control into the red and black wires on the little GI LED board in the very back right corner of the playfield?

#6372 9 days ago

This is the video for pinstadium for woz rr with 2.0

#6373 9 days ago
Quoted from monte_:

That is very similar to my non-2.0 install.

#6374 9 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you try tapping the GI control into the red and black wires on the little GI LED board in the very back right corner of the playfield?

Scott told me that was a bad idea, you'll note the multiple versions of Woz installs on the pin stadium page. Seeing how testy the lighting system is I'm definitely not willing to try haha.

#6375 9 days ago

Scott told me that was a bad idea, you'll note the multiple versions of Woz installs on the pin stadium page. Seeing how testy the lighting system is I'm definitely not willing to try haha.

Hmm, must have something to do with the older system. I've not really read through all of those but if Scott said it's a bad idea on your game I certainly believe him.

#6376 9 days ago

Prior to 2.0 thanks all for the pointers I'll give it a try again

#6377 8 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

Prior to 2.0 thanks all for the pointers I'll give it a try again

I just bought a set for my WOZ ECLE on Black Friday and Scott told me that he is sending a special connector with it for WOZ only … not sure if that connector is meant for the flasher or the GI. It's in the mail and I haven't received it yet.

#6378 8 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just bought a set for my WOZ ECLE on Black Friday and Scott told me that he is sending a special connector with it for WOZ only … not sure if that connector is meant for the flasher or the GI. It's in the mail and I haven't received it yet.

Keep us in touch, I'm considering getting a set but I don't want it to be on permanently, lights out mode plays great because all lights are out (except the throne room, and I still hope it gets fixed on the next code), same with TNPLH although It feels they changed the way the playfield used to turn Sepia, which was really impressive.

#6379 7 days ago
Quoted from monte_:

Thanks for sharing!

It looks like you still have a Styrofoam shipping block in there

#6380 3 days ago

Quoted from KingBW:

Quoted from adol75:

Keep us in touch, I'm considering getting a set but I don't want it to be on permanently, lights out mode plays great because all lights are out (except the throne room, and I still hope it gets fixed on the next code), same with TNPLH although It feels they changed the way the playfield used to turn Sepia, which was really impressive.

Rather then getting this off topic, see my linked review of the Pinstadiums from their thread and the constructive responses and tips from Scott about it. It seems that they would function better with the 2.0 light boards. Note some of the other people's similar opinions. I love them on my AS and DI.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/71#post-4730370

Now to order a new light board, the big one in the center with the swirl that went bad. Ugh!

#6381 1 day ago

I'm still searching for a quality shooter rod for my WOZ RR. The colored balls I've seen don't impress me like the gold shooter ring on Hobbit or the Aztec coin on POTC. What are other WOZ owners using for custom shooter rods on their games? I just want to replace the plain black shooter knob with something that blends with the game and isn't tacky. Suggestions?

#6382 1 day ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I'm still searching for a quality shooter rod for my WOZ RR. The colored balls I've seen don't impress me like the gold shooter ring on Hobbit or the Aztec coin on POTC. What are other WOZ owners using for custom shooter rods on their games? I just want to replace the plain black shooter knob with something that blends with the game and isn't tacky. Suggestions?

I bought the rod and housing from Chrome Candy because I think it matches the trim better than the one from Modfather but it's still not perfect. I believe the Chrome Candy folks have released a new color that matches better now but I haven't seen it in person so I can't vouch for it. If you do get theirs make sure you put in a much stronger shooter spring with it.

#6383 1 day ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Why not go for color changing!

IMG_4761 (resized).JPGIMG_4829 (resized).JPG
#6384 1 day ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome....I have the same one, but it turns green (I have an ECLE)

#6385 1 day ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That looks awesome....I have the same one, but it turns green (I have an ECLE)

mine rotates slowly through a bunch of colors

#6386 1 day ago

mine rotates slowly through a bunch of colors

Awesome !

#6387 1 day ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic, where can one purchase this shooter rod? The color changing effect would fit perfectly with this game.

#6388 1 day ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks fantastic, where can one purchase this shooter rod? The color changing effect would fit perfectly with this game.

Shoot, I will have to look around, but I got it from another pinsider

#6389 1 day ago
Quoted from darkryder:

BladeFury is the pinsider I got it from

#6390 1 day ago

BladeFury is the pinsider I got it from

Thanks for the lead, I'll contact BladeFury directly regarding the color changing shooter. Much better than a plain black knob or painted ball

#6391 1 day ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks for the lead, I'll contact BladeFury directly regarding the color changing shooter. Much better than a plain black knob or painted ball

I'm not sure where mine came from? I bought the game from the original owner....at the time of purchase he told me they were hard to find...mine doesn't color change....its green to match ECLE colors...

#6392 1 day ago
Quoted from darkryder:

AAAAAAAAAND here ya go. Cointaker sells em. https://cointaker.com/products/led-lit-shooter-rods

#6393 22 hours ago

Thank you good Sir. Will order one up for the Ruby Red, does that shooter work on JJP games? The description doesn't indicate so.

#6394 21 hours ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thank you good Sir. Will order one up for the Ruby Red, does that shooter work on JJP games? The description doesn't indicate so.

Its the exact one I got from the fellow pinsider. Just make sure the housing is grounded by moving the silver bare wire ground down to the shooter housing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
$ 11.99
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6394 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside