20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 306.
#6301 5 years ago

Thanks mountaingamer but this board is not listes there, I find the parts page to not very helpful in the past I needed a part that was not listed there either?

#6303 5 years ago

Parts are available from JJP.
Call them up.

#6304 5 years ago

Soulrider911, I just went through a similar issue w/ LED board #12, which is Winkie Guard left, GI, but mine was completely kaput, so most of the PF's lights were out.
The forum helped hold my hand through my fix, so I'll pay it forward:

My machine is an early build, an old 5V, so if yours is also 5V, the following applies:

Per p. C-51 of the manual, boards 1-31 are 15-0006-00 WOZ Single GI RGB LED Board.
I ordered this:
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/General-Illumination-board-5-Volt-.html
JJP promptly e-mailed me back to ask me which PCB # I wanted, as there some directionality to the bracket.

But, as others have posted, picking up the phone should get you quick results & better accuracy than we can provide.

Good luck!
-Jason

#6305 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I haven't played WOZ in a few months (with all of the updates on TH and DI holding my interest). Played it tonight to test out a mod and battled the witch twice in one game and beat her on the second attempt for my first time ever - we've had the pin for about 3.5 years. That felt great and was cool to finally see that fanfare. What's after that? The encore multiball (whatever that is called) after beating the witch had a bunch of lights flashing different colors on the inserts and I shot for and got a few of the white diamonds, but I didn't know what I should do at that point. After that multi-ball, it went back to normal. Never really payed attention to all the hoopla about it before as I had to beat the witch as my short term goal. What a rush! Now my wife is pouting because she had the grand champ score for the last few months and I went past her score. She just has to try some more.

Nice ! I've had my WOZ for 5 months now, and I get to the witch fight quite often but haven't been able to complete it yet. I had one shot left once, and of course the ball decided it was the right time to drain.

I do hope it won't take me 3 years to get there as I'm hoping to do SOTR by then, but I haven't collected one single diamond so far, really need to get my stuff together and practice !

#6306 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Nice ! I've had my WOZ for 5 months now, and I get to the witch fight quite often but haven't been able to complete it yet. I had one shot left once, and of course the ball decided it was the right time to drain.
I do hope it won't take me 3 years to get there as I'm hoping to do SOTR by then, but I haven't collected one single diamond so far, really need to get my stuff together and practice !

I dont know how anyone can get to sotr with three balls. This game is brutally hard and i find completing the rescue multiball super challenging. I have done it twice. I have mine set to five balls. I have almost gotten to sotr, but i couldnt finish the the rescue multiball mode. Has someone honestly gotten to sotr on a three ball game?

#6307 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I dont know how anyone can get to sotr with three balls. This game is brutally hard and i find completing the rescue multiball super challenging. I have done it twice. I have mine set to five balls. I have almost gotten to sotr, but i couldnt finish the the rescue multiball mode. Has someone honestly gotten to sotr on a three ball game?

Narrow the outlanes, lower the slingshot power a little.

#6308 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Narrow the outlanes, lower the slingshot power a little.

And award extra balls at scoring intervals.

#6309 5 years ago

I have a new problem with my woz. The pinballs are not flowing freely in the ball trough. When one is ejected, the next ball is not moving and the machine gets confused because it doesnt think there is a pinball there. I replaced the balls but still having problem. I also tried getting in the trough with rag and wiping down. Thanks for the help.

#6310 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have a new problem with my woz. The pinballs are not flowing freely in the ball trough. When one is ejected, the next ball is not moving and the machine gets confused because it doesnt think there is a pinball there. I replaced the balls but still having problem. I also tried getting in the trough with rag and wiping down. Thanks for the help.

Not much to go wrong. Magnetized balls. Or divots on the bottom "V" of the ball trough. Divots you can remove the trough, disassemble, file flat, clean, reassemble.

Or - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809 stick one of these in the end and be done with either problem.

LTG : )

#6311 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Had this happen once, also the plunger was having a hard time dispensing a ball into the shooter lane. Balls were magnetized. New balls and all was perfect again.

#6312 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Had this happen once, also the plunger was having a hard time dispensing a ball into the shooter lane. Balls were magnetized. New balls and all was perfect again.

Its just as Lloyd said, balls can get so magnetized they stick to the trough like glue!

Getting the plastic bottom piece solves it forever and you dont even have to remove the trough:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#6313 5 years ago

So my witch stopped going up. I see it trying to. I did a search and couldn't find much, just check alignment. Before I dive in does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

#6314 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Before I dive in does anyone have any suggestions?

Take the plastic cover off and see if it works then. Then figure out what is binding it. ( something bent a little )

#6315 5 years ago

Received my full 2.0 upgrade kit this week!

If I have only one complaint so far it was that the kit was not shipped as a 'warranty replacement' (classification) item and unfortunately us Canucks end up paying tax and handling on the full declared value which cost me an additional $70. Not cool when this is easily considered a necessity and not a 'nice to have'.

JJP, please keep this in mind when sending items to Canada. I don't mind paying where required by this is easily preventable when selecting the content type. This is what was done for me after my first warranty replacement item(s) were sent to me a couple of years ago.

Hopefully this helps others, ensure that you ask.

#6316 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

So my witch stopped going up. I see it trying to. I did a search and couldn't find much, just check alignment. Before I dive in does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Make sure the led ribbons didn't come loose and maybe get hooked on the which mech?

#6317 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take the plastic cover off and see if it works then. Then figure out what is binding it. ( something bent a little )

I removed the cover and in test it only moves about 1/8" up and down. Nothing is hitting anything.

Quoted from Soulrider911:

Make sure the led ribbons didn't come loose and maybe get hooked on the which mech?

It looks plugged in well. If the ribbons was loose wouldn't the witch not move at all?

So I have small amount of movement, tests are green, what am I missing?
Thanks

#6318 5 years ago

Also just noticed that I can't get to "witch Target Left & Right" in test mode. Of the six boxes in witch test only the top two up/home, down/melted and bottom two volume/up, volume/down are accessible. I cannot toggle or get to the middle set target left & right.

#6319 5 years ago

Figured out the target test just by touching them.

#6320 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I removed the cover and in test it only moves about 1/8" up and down. Nothing is hitting anything.

It looks plugged in well. If the ribbons was loose wouldn't the witch not move at all?
So I have small amount of movement, tests are green, what am I missing?
Thanks

Check the long screw rod the moves the witch up and down.

It has to be straight and centered.
If it's not centered well it doesn't work right and the sensors dont work.

It can be pushed around a bit without removal.

#6321 5 years ago

Check the long screw rod the moves the witch up and down.
It has to be straight and centered.
If it's not centered well it doesn't work right and the sensors dont work.
It can be pushed around a bit without removal.

Did that and it's perfect. What I did was add a tiny amount of lithium to the top of the screw as it enters the motor and now it works. BUT is that ok to do, or did I screw up the motor? But it's now working. On a side note I added lithium to the monkey also as it started screaming noise from it.

#6322 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

BUT is that ok to do, or did I screw up the motor?

Should be fine.

#6323 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be fine.

Thanks Lloyd,
My game sat for a year and a half in new in box before I received it, could that be the cause for the screw drives grinding?

#6324 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Thanks Lloyd,
My game sat for a year and a half in new in box before I received it, could that be the cause for the screw drives grinding?

I grease both threaded rods little each time I wax, about every 400 plays.

Use the same lithium grease.

#6325 5 years ago

Pinballgoddess just posted another 5 million score on her WOZ.

I have to get 4 million just to get on the board now

#6326 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Yes, old grease could have been gumming up.

#6327 5 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “WOZ New Castle Lantern Spot Lamp custom castle illumination made by the Mod Couple. Brand new, I bought this but never got around to installing it. $34.00 Shipped (USA only). The...”
2019-01-06
Vienna, VA
34 (Firm)
Archived after: 28 days
Viewed: 267 times

#6328 5 years ago

I have a couple of questions for WOZ owners. I am looking to trade my TWD Pro plus cash for a WOZ Standard Edition.

1. Are there any issues with the standard edition? I heard something about light boards. The guy I am looking to trade with says a few of the smaller boards and one of the larger boards were replaced.

2. Is 6800 a fair value for a HUO (second or third owner) standard edition WOZ with no issues?

3. Do you think WOZ would complement my Hobbit or would it be too similar? (I know a subjective question)

Thanks!

#6329 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I have a couple of questions for WOZ owners. I am looking to trade my TWD Pro plus cash for a WOZ Standard Edition.
1. Are there any issues with the standard edition? I heard something about light boards. The guy I am looking to trade with says a few of the smaller boards and one of the larger boards were replaced.
2. Is 6800 a fair value for a HUO (second or third owner) standard edition WOZ with no issues?
3. Do you think WOZ would complement my Hobbit or would it be too similar? (I know a subjective question)
Thanks!

Light boards: YMMV, some have no issues whatsoever, others have many. Generally speaking, the ones that he replaced the busted ones with probably are the buffered ones (might want to check). In my case, once I got a few of those in there I havent had anything blow since. My .02, be realistic, go into this knowing that you may blow a few boards down the line. That being said, if you blow one, its not a big deal. Jumper around it and disable it in the config (then order a new one).

Price: Subjective and really depends on where you live, also depends on the condition/wear/tear.

IMHO, WOZ and Hobbit are completely different style games. Weather or not they would compliment each other is really dependent on your taste. I do think they would look pretty awesome next to each other. I will say this though, WOZ is very different than TWD.

Good luck!

#6330 5 years ago

Anyone ever have their crystal ball come unglued from where it sits?
Didn't get hit with a ball or knocked loose or anything, I don't think.
All the sudden it just isn't stuck in place anymore, and it wobbles whenever a ball goes by in that VUK.

Think I should just try to re-glue it or something?

#6331 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Thanks!

I’m a second owner to a Emerald edition. I’ve had no issues with the light boards. 6500 would be a fantastic deal in this market. So, 6800 is not that far off. IMHO. I don’t think the Hobbit is similar. However, when playing JJ’s next to each other, the perception of the build will make them feel alike as all manufacturers games do. Something to keep in mind.

When WOZ was announced and made, I was so against it. I just thought is was a wrong stupid theme for a game. When it was at the Expo for the first time. I ate my words. It is a phenomenal masterpiece of game.

#6332 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I’m a second owner to a Emerald edition. 6500 would be a fantastic deal in this market. So, 6800 is not that far off.

So 6800 is pretty good for a Standard edition? Jus want to make sure you are not talking about ECLE and I am comparing apples to apples.

Thanks!

#6333 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Think I should just try to re-glue it or something?

Re-glue it.

Rare, but it happens.

#6334 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Re-glue it.
Rare, but it happens.

I just re-glued mine with clear 5 min epoxy. Rock solid since.
There is a light ball track in it near the wireform now after thousands of plays. It cleans up nicely though and you cant see the ball track at all from the players perspective.

#6335 5 years ago

I just re-glued mine with clear 5 min epoxy. Rock solid since.
There is a light ball track in it near the wireform now after thousands of plays. It cleans up nicely though and you cant see the ball track at all from the players perspective.

Thanks, guys!

#6336 5 years ago

Can you adjust the angle of view for the crystal ball?

#6337 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Can you adjust the angle of view for the crystal ball?

Unfortunately no.
Its pinned by the attachment bolts.

You might be able to slot out the mounting holes to twist it slightly in one direction.

The other direction it hits the wireform.

Maybe warp the mounting plate?
To bend it up for taller players?

I just hunch down to read it.

I know that people say it's a dumb toy with no info on it, but I use it a lot.

#6338 5 years ago

Has anyone installed that mod ? It's a throne room lcd screen that does look really cool. My problem is the pictures make it look like the frame is obstructing the view of the right flipper, which might be annoying to play. I'm wondering if it's just the picture of if it is annoying.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1166-pixels-arcade-games/02108-woz-wizard-of-oz-wizard-28-inch-lcd-mod

#6339 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Has anyone installed that mod ? It's a throne room lcd screen that does look really cool. My problem is the pictures make it look like the frame is obstructing the view of the right flipper, which might be annoying to play. I'm wondering if it's just the picture of if it is annoying.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1166-pixels-arcade-games/02108-woz-wizard-of-oz-wizard-28-inch-lcd-mod

With that mod I am guessing you no longer can look at the throne room light (flashing) to know when an award is ready to collect.

#6340 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Looks really nice and professionally made.

I dont know how durable it is.

#6341 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

With that mod I am guessing you no longer can look at the throne room light (flashing) to know when an award is ready to collect.

yep, that was the problem I saw with it too.

#6342 5 years ago

I found a nib red smoke witch mod that i probably wont need bc i sold my pin (may get another eventually) . If anyone is interested in one message me with a offer and i may part with it. Its a awesome mod that is hard to find and not being made at the moment and may not be made again.

#6343 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Oh you are probably right I didnt think about that. Thanks !

#6344 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Thanks!

Do it! Very different games, both are superb

89DAB4B5-FE73-4E5F-993B-B163F5DC6795 (resized).jpeg89DAB4B5-FE73-4E5F-993B-B163F5DC6795 (resized).jpeg
#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

completely different machines and game experience. The only similarities are quality of construction, excellent customer care from JJP and LTG as a tireless resource.

#6346 5 years ago

so I have 2 amateur questions that may have already been answered, but i need help, so here goes:
1. how do i know if I have the 2.0 lighting (7.5 boards) in my game? I assume if i have had issues in the past, then i dont have it?
2. the mechanism that pops up the ball to go to the left upper playfield started firing non stop, rebooting the game didnt help and i am not sure how to fix it. also the right lock for the ball lock seems to be doing it occasionally as well. They are acting like it does when looking for a ball when one gets stuck elsewhere, but that is not the case here.

#6347 5 years ago
Quoted from Docb8456:

1. how do i know if I have the 2.0 lighting (7.5 boards) in my game? I assume if i have had issues in the past, then i dont have it?

2.0 has ethernet cables all over the underside of the playfield. Or check the current manual ( download from jerseyjackpinball.com ) and compare the line drawings of the old LED system or the 2.0 system.

Quoted from Docb8456:

the mechanism that pops up the ball to go to the left upper playfield started firing non stop,

Go over the optos in there. Dirty, broken wires, need replacing ?

#6348 5 years ago
Quoted from Docb8456:

so I have 2 amateur questions that may have already been answered, but i need help, so here goes:
2. the mechanism that pops up the ball to go to the left upper playfield started firing non stop, rebooting the game didnt help and i am not sure how to fix it. also the right lock for the ball lock seems to be doing it occasionally as well. They are acting like it does when looking for a ball when one gets stuck elsewhere, but that is not the case here.

Sounds like a wire fell off its connection somewhere.

WOZ is interesting, if there is a wire unplugged the game does interesting things like fire a coil non-stop.

#6349 5 years ago

Quick 5V vs. 7.5V question, please.

Shannan-

I have an older machine that is running the 5V boards: serial number 0196 ECLE.

I received a replacement Haunted Forest LED PCB (PN 15-000018-05) that I purchased from JJP.

Upon receipt, I noticed that it says 7.5V on it.
I did not find on JJP's site a 5V version of this PCB.

A quick Googlage shows that (dependent upon build date?), one can use up to 3 of the 7.5V PF LED PCBs on a 5V machine w/ nary an issue.
Sounds weird, so I wanted to confirm w/ the experts here before I plug it in & power it up.

Thanks!
-Jason

#6350 5 years ago

Hello

I have a Eclewoz, with a not working motherboard.

Does anyone know if I can just buy a similar MSI H61M-P31/W8 motherboard and install without problems?

The reason for my question is that on my original motherboard there is a label with a number corresponding to the number on the label of the usb stick. Does this mean that the original motherboard is unique and cannot easily be replaced?

Sorry if i missed any existing threads on this subject

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/127?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.