New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 87617)

WOZ Fan Club - members only

By TigerLaw

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,409 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,554 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3205 (resized).jpeg
MSS (resized).jpg
IMG_1049 (resized).jpg
20201011_134806 (resized).jpg
A6A10331-2286-4322-9BCF-F231ABEC5299 (resized).jpeg
53C2B5C1-7B9A-4190-92C6-165E4858D305 (resized).jpeg
3AD684AD-9EC5-486D-914F-E5DD1785B6D6 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20200924_134053 (resized).jpeg
20200924_134954 (resized).jpg
20200924_135023 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200917_183253 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200917_183258 (resized).jpg
20200914_193153 (resized).jpg
2F9EEF97-7EFA-435C-92A6-AE952154EB17 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11409 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 229.
#6051 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the info. I am equally frustrated for the lack of support and no conclusion on replacing my lockdown bar for my DI, as mine looks like it has been poorly handpainted rather than powdercoated.

I would keep bugging JJP or go through your distributor for resolution. I had a big problem with my cabinet on my Hobbit Smaug. When I brought it to JJP's attention they basically shrugged it off, which of course was very frustrating....after several emails, and phone calls, we came to an equitable resolution. My distributor played a big role in getting this done.

#6052 2 years ago

Hi guys, I'm back in the club. I had a standard a couple years ago and mad a couple trades to get a Smaug Edition Hobbit. I just never found another game like WOZ over the years and managed to trade my Hobbit for a RRWOZ

My question is, "Did these machines always come with the printed manuals?" The person I received my game from said they never received one. I wonder if JJP has a record of this if they were sending them out after the fact or something?

Thanks for the tips.

#6053 2 years ago

Regarding the monkey not picking up the ball because the ball wasn’t captured:

This is normal, the switch sequence that tells the game that a ball is heading that way can be triggered by a ball that almost makes it up the orbit but just shy of the magnet. The monkey sequence still happens and you are still awarded a capture. Just pinball being pinball.

#6054 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

My question is, "Did these machines always come with the printed manuals?" The person I received my game from said they never received one. I wonder if JJP has a record of this if they were sending them out after the fact or something?
Thanks for the tips.

No version of WOZ included the printed manual in the price. It has always been an add on.
Of course there are always exceptions and the WOZ manual is no different. Apparently at some shows the manual was being used as an inducement to buy, but that was a 'show' only deal.

Since the initial printing the manual has been updated and I haven't heard that an updated version was printed. The PDF version is very good especially if you can display it on a decent sized monitor. I used the pdf version displayed on a 60" monitor when I recently upgraded my light system to 2.0 and I never referred to the printed manual I bought. Being able to search the manual to find what I was looking for was very quick and efficient. Don't get me wrong I love my printed manual. Not to mention it makes a great coffee table book too. It is just beautiful.

#6055 2 years ago

My RR WOZ came with the printed manual. Build date on my machine was 12/14/17.

#6056 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

No version of WOZ included the printed manual in the price. It has always been an add on.
Of course there are always exceptions and the WOZ manual is no different. Apparently at some shows the manual was being used as an inducement to buy, but that was a 'show' only deal.
Since the initial printing the manual has been updated and I haven't heard that an updated version was printed. The PDF version is very good especially if you can display it on a decent sized monitor. I used the pdf version displayed on a 60" monitor when I recently upgraded my light system to 2.0 and I never referred to the printed manual I bought. Being able to search the manual to find what I was looking for was very quick and efficient. Don't get me wrong I love my printed manual. Not to mention it makes a great coffee table book too. It is just beautiful.

Thanks for the reply,maybe it goes on my birthday wish list. I remember seeing a post somewhere that had these manuals marked down. Maybe Joe at Pinball star?
pinballstar

#6057 2 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

Mine did not.

#6058 2 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

The plot thickens:

Did you buy from a distributor or at a show?

#6059 2 years ago

Mine also came with manual. Build date also december 2017

#6060 2 years ago

Bought from joe newhart at pinballstar

#6061 2 years ago

Joe @pinballstar ,
Can you comment on manuals being shipped with WOZ(es)? is this something that makes you the best disti in the biz or are all the cool kids doing it?

#6062 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the info. I am equally frustrated for the lack of support and no conclusion on replacing my lockdown bar for my DI, as mine looks like it has been poorly handpainted rather than powdercoated.

If you like, I be willing to ship you the parts to help you replace the haunted forest red led light for free. The only part I don't have is this: amazon.com link » You should be able to repin the molex connector to the replacement light. Again on my machine, the led never worked, as was not wired correctly at the JJP factory. So I just went ahead and built a new wiring harness and replaced the red led light with it.

#6063 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am a fairly new owner for of WOZ, so my questions probably are such that have been already been asked and answered. In any case, if you can give a few pointers, it would be great.
These are the problems that I have noticed:
1) sometimes I notice that the monkey goes down its rail and tries to catch the ball at the magnet, but the ball has not been captured to the magnet. So then the monkey just goes up again without the ball.

Also, are there supposed to be some leds in the hands of the haunted forest trees (on the pop bumbers)?
Thank you for any tips on how to rectify the above!

1. Use the following guide to adjust the magnet: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-check-list

2. No, there are no stock led lights in the haunted forest trees. This is a mod for the game.

#6064 2 years ago

I also purchased mine NIB from Joe at Pinball Star. Was shipped direct from JJP.

#6065 2 years ago

My RRWOZ came with a manual

#6066 2 years ago

Having another problem with my rr woz. I fixed the winkie guard target assembly I was having with retraction on the witch mode from a sticky arm and now it works and then I blew a fuse F710 which is a 4 amp slow blow fuse 20 mm x 5 mm. This controls drop target retract, castle doors auk, castle double doors latch, and house wall drop. I placed a new fuse and played for awhile 30-45 minutes and then the fuse blow so I replaced it again. Then I played the next day and the fuse blew once more. I believe it is happening during the witch mode where the drop target retracts. Somehow when the target retracts I believe it is causing fuse to blow. What do I do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#6067 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I blew a fuse F710

I'd check that the castle doors work in test, the motor lugs aren't shorting to the metal lane guides below them.

Not as likely the VUK behind the doors or the drop target retract.

LTG : )

#6068 2 years ago

I suspect the winkie target coil first.

It did get smoked while troubleshooting the mech.

Check its resistance and report back.

#6069 2 years ago

How do i test resistance? I am a newbie. I believe it is the coil also. Or Could it be a problem where the target retracts in which mode but the switch isnt registering causing the coil to overheat and blow fuse?

#6070 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I suspect the winkie target coil first.

Not the up coil, different fuse. Retract coil is on the fuse he's blowing.

#6071 2 years ago

Pinballinreno knows that the coil overheated because my winkie guard target wasn't retracting properly about 1 week ago. The arm in the target assembly that pushes down on the retract mechanism was getting caught on it and the target would only retract 50%. Because it wasn't retracting properly, the coil overheated (smoking) and I believe the fuse went after that. I pushed forward on the whole mechanism after talking to frank which seemed to help so now it hasn't been sticking. I can play a little while and then the fuse blows. When the fuse is in and not blown, all tests come back normal and coils work for this fuse. Can coil cause a fuse to blow even though it still works?

#6072 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

knows that the coil overheated

Except that coil isn't on the fuse you are blowing.

Check the fuse flow chart in your manual and that coil is on fuse F706 70 volt coils and you are blowing fuse F710 20 volt coils ( drop target retract and others )

So I suspect something protected on F710 fuse, not something protected on a different fuse line that isn't blowing.

#6073 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Pinballinreno knows that the coil overheated because my winkie guard target wasn't retracting properly about 1 week ago. The arm in the target assembly that pushes down on the retract mechanism was getting caught on it and the target would only retract 50%. Because it wasn't retracting properly, the coil overheated (smoking) and I believe the fuse went after that. I pushed forward on the whole mechanism after talking to frank which seemed to help so now it hasn't been sticking. I can play a little while and then the fuse blows. When the fuse is in and not blown, all tests come back normal and coils work for this fuse. Can coil cause a fuse to blow even though it still works?

Do any coils run hot, or very hot to the touch after a couple games?

(Just thinking aloud...)

#6074 2 years ago

I believe the rrwoz came with printed manuals ... for 9-9500 they sld lol.
Also those sales numbers are prettty good and di has sold pretty well considering its only been shipping a year and 4 months and the initial hate on it. As more people find how amazing it is i believe it will sell over 2500-3k over the next few years.

#6075 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

If you like, I be willing to ship you the parts to help you replace the haunted forest red led light for free. The only part I don't have is this: amazon.com link » You should be able to repin the molex connector to the replacement light. Again on my machine, the led never worked, as was not wired correctly at the JJP factory. So I just went ahead and built a new wiring harness and replaced the red led light with it.

Thank you! Its a great community!

#6076 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Hi guys, I'm back in the club. I had a standard a couple years ago and mad a couple trades to get a Smaug Edition Hobbit. I just never found another game like WOZ over the years and managed to trade my Hobbit for a RRWOZ
Thanks for the tips.

My RRWOZ came with a signed printed manual, bought it new through a distributor, manufacture date December 2016. I also remember reading that the manual was one of the RR perks.

#6077 2 years ago

Nothing better than a first time player asking, "What the heck am I supposed to be doing?!?", and you whip out (*ahem*) the manual and say, "Start reading!"

Good bit.

#6078 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My RRWOZ came with a signed printed manual, bought it new through a distributor, manufacture date December 2016. I also remember reading that the manual was one of the RR perks.

Only after they raised the price $500 and included the printed manual and Invisiglass, both were originally options. I know because mine did not come with the manual and I paid to get the glass.

#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Only after they raised the price $500 and included the printed manual and Invisiglass, both were originally options. I know because mine did not come with the manual and I paid to get the glass.

This is correct.

#6080 2 years ago

Has anyone had this happen?

My buddy was playing, went to hit the ball but held the flipper button in and by fluke, it stopped the ball on the tip. It's bizarre as the ball is actually beyond the tip. It stayed put and I took a half dozen pics.

IMG_20180916_1557338 (resized).jpg
#6081 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Has anyone had this happen?
My buddy was playing, went to hit the ball but held the flipper button in and by fluke, it stopped the ball on the tip. It's bizarre as the ball is actually beyond the tip. It stayed put and I took a half dozen pics.
[quoted image]

Ha! That’s awesome! I’ve had some crazy catches before but none as crazy as that.

#6082 2 years ago

Hi guys, my new RRWOZ is up and playing 100% One little tweak I had to make was to my "Left" haunted tree. It seemed to be clashing with the PF guide under the playfield. The tree was hitting something making a metallic sound and not going down. I shimmed up the left mounting screw of the tree pop bumper with 4 flat washers, this tipped the guts of the tree to the inside of the cabinet and it now clears the rail. ***I am guessing it was the guide rail, couldn't really see.

This happen to anyone else, any different solutions?

#6083 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Thanks for the info
I'll get in touch with the JJP folks as they have always taken great care of me.

#6084 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Hi guys, my new RRWOZ is up and playing 100% One little tweak I had to make was to my "Left" haunted tree. It seemed to be clashing with the PF guide under the playfield. The tree was hitting something making a metallic sound and not going down. I shimmed up the left mounting screw of the tree pop bumper with 4 flat washers, this tipped the guts of the tree to the inside of the cabinet and it now clears the rail. ***I am guessing it was the guide rail, couldn't really see.

This bumper annoys me everytime I lift the playfield. He gets blocked when putting it down. I just hold it a bit tilted to the right when lowering the playfield and he comes back perfectly in place

#6085 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

This has been noted a couple times. Its a very packed close area around the pops.

The guide rail can be loosened and moved/bent out of the way.
In extreme cases remove the tree, its easy.

The trees are hollow rubber, just push down on a hollow nut driver to grab the nuts.

Remove the pop bumper ring (its really easy) and grind off enough of it so that it doesnt rub in the area you need.

It doesnt have to be round there. Flattening if off is ok as the ball cant hit it there anyway.

You can use a dremel, file, grinding wheel or coarse sandpper on a sanding block for this. Its a thin soft steel ring designed for easy replacement and adjustment.

This happens mostly on the ball guide of the crystal ball loop and sometimes on the far left guide rail in the haunted forest.

Putting in the washers is great but I worry that the crooked mech will damage the playfield in time.

#6086 2 years ago

Putting in the washers is great but I worry that the crooked mech will damage the playfield in time.

That's a good consideration, I've got a playfield protector and it is pretty minor so I suspect it will be OK. Better safe than sorry though. Thanks again.

#6087 2 years ago

Guys, I was working on woz today for the first time in a long time and couldn’t get the playfield back in! Is my cabinet warping? I don’t think my floor is very level, but I had the playfield fairly level.

Big gap on the left. Collision on the right?!

4D354C49-9DD4-4C54-820B-8FD0967EDD1F (resized).jpeg8E628F8F-3F54-48D0-8441-0115AD273E6B (resized).jpegA3E56860-B568-4AD5-AF21-46A10F33416B (resized).jpeg
#6088 2 years ago

Looks like the cabinet twisted.

#6089 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like the cabinet twisted.

Anything to do? I managed to force it in. But I’m afraid it’s gonna warp the playfield.

#6090 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anything to do? I managed to force it in. But I’m afraid it’s gonna warp the playfield.

I've seen something similar but not as bad happen if you have the game really unleveled, try raising the left front or / and lowering the right front, the cabinet can twist to some degree if the levelers and all out of whack.

#6091 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Guys, I was working on woz today for the first time in a long time and couldn’t get the playfield back in! Is my cabinet warping? I don’t think my floor is very level, but I had the playfield fairly level.
Big gap on the left. Collision on the right?!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had this problem a few times when I owned WOZ. I finally figured out what the problem was once I sold it and had to fold the head down. Check for the wire bundle getting pinched between the back of the cabinet and the upper left playfield (Castle side).

#6092 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I had this problem a few times when I owned WOZ. I finally figured out what the problem was once I sold it and had to fold the head down. Check for the wire bundle getting pinched between the back of the cabinet and the upper left playfield (Castle side).

I agree, that would have to be one warped ass cab, lol.

Raise the PF back up and but a square in and see if the corners are 90 degrees, if they are, something on one side is keeping the PF from moving all the way back.

#6093 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I agree, that would have to be one warped ass cab, lol.
Raise the PF back up and but a square in and see if the corners are 90 degrees, if they are, something on one side is keeping the PF from moving all the way back.

Great tips guys. Thanks. I’ll check tomorrow.

#6094 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Great tips guys. Thanks. I’ll check tomorrow.

Did you try tightening the bracket mount screws?

#6095 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me which drop target extension spring i need for the 1 bank drop target? Mine is broken and i am not sure which one on pinball life/marco parts is the right one. #11 in picture

6F89B56C-D454-4F76-9A85-42FBCDD5FA42 (resized).jpeg
#6096 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can anyone tell me which drop target extension spring i need for the 1 bank drop target? Mine is broken and i am not sure which one on pinball life/marco parts is the right one. #11 in picture[quoted image]

If just the end loop broke off, grab another loop off the spring, bend it out and reattach it to the mech.

It's not too critical as far as tension.

#6097 2 years ago

If just the end loop broke off, grab another loop off the spring, bend it out and reattach it to the mech.
It's not too critical as far as tension.

I did. I just want a spare one.

Do any coils run hot, or very hot to the touch after a couple games?
(Just thinking aloud...)

I think I figured out why fuse f 710 was blowing randomly at times. There was a black mesh wrapping with green and white wires next to the metal wires attaching to retract coil area. Somehow I believe those wires were touching the metal wires that power the retract coil causing the problem. I zip tied them to move them out of the way. Since then the fuse has not blown. See picture below where the black mesh. I am not sure what the wires in black mesh do?

IMG_7532 (resized).JPG
#6098 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I did. I just want a spare one.

I think I figured out why fuse f 710 was blowing randomly at times. There was a black mesh wrapping with green and white wires next to the metal wires attaching to retract coil area. Somehow I believe those wires were touching the metal wires that power the retract coil causing the problem. I zip tied them to move them out of the way. Since then the fuse has not blown. See picture below where the black mesh. I am not sure what the wires in black mesh do?
[quoted image]

Nice find!

Grounding out the coil with a direct short would definitely blow the fuse.

Keep track of it. Could be a broken wire inside the harness.

It's always something simple like that.

#6099 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can anyone tell me which drop target extension spring i need for the 1 bank drop target? Mine is broken and i am not sure which one on pinball life/marco parts is the right one. #11 in picture[quoted image]

I looked for that spring a long time, gone. A flipper coil spring works great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 11409 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 229.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside