Topic Stats

• 9,778 posts
  • 530 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,300 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e2194fc246976c878a48d09c25c1c085854f9d55 (resized).jpg
d9ae237de81c78181304a821c2db96b03677ff83 (resized).jpg
4d9bf62d7feb094734047575bc0327c272f0025b (resized).jpg
17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9778 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 196.
#551 5 years ago

I guess I paid too much? LOL, whoops.

#552 5 years ago

That's less than we pay over here in Australia, and that's when our dollar was worth more than US! Try $11500 now. Don't worry how much you paid- the game is worth it. And ALL machines need adjustments out of the box - and as you play them for that matter. All part of the fun.

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

That's less than we pay over here in Australia, and that's when our dollar was worth more than US! Try $11500 now. Don't worry how much you paid- the game is worth it. And ALL machines need adjustments out of the box - and as you play them for that matter. All part of the fun.

Wowza! Like I said, I love the machine, no regrets.

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You get TWO rescue letters for a saucer hit behind the doors.

TECHNICALLY it's two ADVANCES not necessarily two LETTERS. This doesn't come into play for awhile though. Similarly, the search loop is one advance (when it's lit, which gets harder) not one letter.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

TECHNICALLY it's two ADVANCES not necessarily two LETTERS. This doesn't come into play for awhile though. Similarly, the search loop is one advance (when it's lit, which gets harder) not one letter.

Ahhh...well, I guess I haven't got far enough to get that nuance. I hope to be discovering stuff for a while like that. When is the search loop not lit and how do you light it again?

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wowza! Like I said, I love the machine, no regrets.

Those who were in on the original pre-orders for the ECLE's got them for cheaper. I paid the same as you for my ECLE but got in around the end of all the drama (bought mine in stock from automated)

Yeah it was a lot of coin to toss out, but i have no regrets, love this damn thing.

#557 5 years ago

Boot me out of here if I don't qualify for membership - I do not own a WOZ (yet)! I have to admit that I didn't initially like WOZ, probably because I didn't understand the rules and the four quadrant display. But after some familiarization, I can't get enough!

I saw the thread attempting to document all the rules. However, has someone created a more abbreviated rules list for people just approaching the game?

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Boot me out of here if I don't qualify for membership - I do not own a WOZ (yet)! I have to admit that I didn't initially like WOZ, probably because I didn't understand the rules and the four quadrant display. But after some familiarization, I can't get enough!
I saw the thread attempting to document all the rules. However, has someone created a more abbreviated rules list for people just approaching the game?

I am in the same boat as I don't own one.
There was no interest in the game from me until a guy I know bought one and I had some extended playing time on it.
It's a great game and well worth exploring and even though I am not huge on the theme and the music can grate on me a bit it just has something that makes me want to play it again.
It was being able to play Woz for a long period of time in a home environment that swayed me towards giving JJP a go and purchasing a Hobbit, a theme that I am very keen on.

#559 5 years ago

Search lights up when it will spot a letter. Every loop is lit the first Rescue MB, then every 2nd on the 2nd, every 3rd on the 3rd, etc.

#560 5 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with one of the doors in upper playfield nor registering when hit hard by the ball (right, looking at them) Took off the upper playfield to find the switch and why wasn't registering, its burried under all the metal and virtually looks impossible to get to. Anyone? ideas?

#561 5 years ago

Arrived yesterday. And without gushing, I will simply say.. OMG WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME!!?? haha. Seriously, this thing is super engaging. The theme is so well done. I was always a bit worried that it might be a bit, I don't know, kiddy? soft? Wrong words, but anyway it's certainly not ANY of that. And to admit my biggest correction in stance, is to admit the screen is fabulous. I have claimed that "you don't look at the screen, you look at the ball". Well, maybe there was never anything worth looking at, lol. The screen is amazing and makes for great family engagement. We were playing alternate games rather than multiplayer (my OCD son can't stand having his game interrupted), and other players were entertained just watching.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Arrived yesterday. And without gushing, I will simply say.. OMG WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME!!?? haha. Seriously, this thing is super engaging. The theme is so well done. I was always a bit worried that it might be a bit, I don't know, kiddy? soft? Wrong words, but anyway it's certainly not ANY of that. And to admit my biggest correction in stance, is to admit the screen is fabulous. I have claimed that "you don't look at the screen, you look at the ball". Well, maybe there was never anything worth looking at, lol. The screen is amazing and makes for great family engagement. We were playing alternate games rather than multiplayer (my OCD son can't stand having his game interrupted), and other players were entertained just watching.

Glad you and your family are enjoying it!!

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Grab one of my volume plates for your door

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Owners know how good this game is. It only gets better the more you understand the game and the various strategies for scoring. Enjoy the game and have fun.

#565 5 years ago

OK, I need help. What goals give you emeralds and where do they show up on the screen to show me how many I have?

#566 5 years ago

Emeralds:
1) Play Emerald City Multiball
2) Play Rescue Multiball
3) Play a munchkin mode
4) Play Fireball Frenzy

In the middle of the screen around the center circle are 4 dark green emeralds that light up as you collect them. Get all 4 to light melt the witch, then move on to collecting the 8 diamonds!!!

#567 5 years ago

I guess Ive just never noticed them...weird.

#568 5 years ago

Melt the witch...ARGGG I get so close!!
the problem is after I fail at it everything resets. and you have to start all over..
so after I fail I don't even want to finish the game..

#569 5 years ago

Any tips on getting the witch to sense hits better? I feel like my skill shot doesnt register 3/4 of the time now, and I am having trouble with the hurry ups as well. Ill hit it flush, and itll make a loud "knock" sound, but it doesnt seem to register the hits...killing me right now. Ive been trying to at least GET to the main witch battle and I cant do it.

#570 5 years ago

nobody? did i miss something some where else?

#571 5 years ago

nobody? did i miss something some where else?

Look at post #11 in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-always-get-skill-shot-score-before-i-shoot-the-ball

The position of the switches can be moved a little (and thus changing the sensitivity) by sliding the bracket holding the switches.

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Look at post #11 in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-always-get-skill-shot-score-before-i-shoot-the-ball
The position of the switches can be moved a little (and thus changing the sensitivity) by sliding the bracket holding the switches.

Thanks! Ill try this.

#573 5 years ago

I really have been toying with this being the best game I have ever played. I am a very cautious person to make judgments but this game continues to amaze me I have had it for almost a year and a half. The theme is okay. But the toys the rules in the overall gameplay are unbelievable. The color changing LEds, the lcd screen. I thinking he art fine. Music fine.
My complaints are
Not enough lightning
The buttons for the characters (effects ball movement)
The left drain.
Some weird cpu issues (I will get light lock ups and have to reboot)
Other than that ... One of the greatest Gms of all time.

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

My complaints are
Not enough lightning
The buttons for the characters (effects ball movement)
The left drain.
Some weird cpu issues (I will get light lock ups and have to reboot)
Other than that ... One of the greatest Gms of all time.

Lighting...I guess, I dont understand this complaint. I play in the dark and I have no issue seeing the ball.

The buttons dont bother me, they only effect the ball when they are rolling slowly.

YES...THE LEFT DRAIN IS A BASTARD. I am considering moving the post and lane guide in.

Never had any CPU issues...not one lockup in over 500 games.

I agree, I really enjoy mine too, even though it kicks my ass sooo bad.

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

My complaints are
Not enough lightning
The left drain.

Not enough lighting: you can spin your own solution or purchase this pre-fabricated kit: http://pinballbulbs.com/products/wizard-oz-pinball-illumination-kit

As noted, you can move the post and lane guide to narrow the left outlane. You can see the other hole for the post, but you will not see the second hole for the lane guide until you take out the screw - there is one!

While you're at it, the right outlane post and the castle upper playfield drain posts are also adjustable. Yes, I suck and yes I have my machine set to really easy settings. Never forget that it's your machine and you can do whatever you want with it.

#576 4 years ago

Well, I did it. I moved all the posts in. Wow, what a difference on the outlane drains. Night and day. Also I get SO much more action in the castle playfield, its nuts. I recommend it if you were getting brutalized by this pin.

#577 4 years ago

YES! Finally got a rescue multiball last night...what a neat light show. Still working on my witch...I think im going to adjust the plate as mentioned. It seems to only register shots on the right side of the pad under her.

This club doesnt talk much....whats every ones high scores so far? I havent cracked the 223 I set with my original post settings....soon though, soon.

#578 4 years ago

YES! Finally got a rescue multiball last night...what a neat light show. Still working on my witch...I think im going to adjust the plate as mentioned. It seems to only register shots on the right side of the pad under her.
This club doesnt talk much....whats every ones high scores so far? I havent cracked the 223 I set with my original post settings....soon though, soon.

Ballpark, mine is ~1.2 million...stock settings except for a 7 second ball saver added.

#579 4 years ago

just over a mill. 5 ball. 10 second ball saver. posts moved in.

You get Rescue MB more often now that you've gotten accustimed to what it takes. For me, first plunge on ball 1 i always try to make it to the pop bumpers so i can light the monkey, then while doing other stuff eventually i'll make it back up there to capture Dorothy. Once i get up to the castle i dont bother trying to hit the targets, i just hit the search loop or bash through doors.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

just over a mill. 5 ball. 10 second ball saver. posts moved in.
You get Rescue MB more often now that you've gotten accustimed to what it takes. For me, first plunge on ball 1 i always try to make it to the pop bumpers so i can light the monkey, then while doing other stuff eventually i'll make it back up there to capture Dorothy. Once i get up to the castle i dont bother trying to hit the targets, i just hit the search loop or bash through doors.

I can agree with this. My new strategy is to get dorothy captured, light the rainbow targets, and then smash the doors over and over to get the rescue MB. Then during rescue I try to spin the house while holding the other ball...quite a challenge. I got up to 3 gems last night...last one is for melting the witch right?

#581 4 years ago

I havent even gotten to understanding the gem collecting yet, lol, new baby arrival has derailed my WOZ playing time. However, he is big enough to fit in one of those baby wearing contraptions so hopefully that brings the WOZ time back. heh.

#582 4 years ago

In the newest code did it revert back to Twister taking precedence over a lock?

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Lock takes precedence in the code that came out around August (version 4.1).

#584 4 years ago

I can agree with this. My new strategy is to get dorothy captured, light the rainbow targets, and then smash the doors over and over to get the rescue MB. Then during rescue I try to spin the house while holding the other ball...quite a challenge. I got up to 3 gems last night...last one is for melting the witch right?

The 4 emeralds are:
1) play Emerald City multiball
2) play Rescue multiball
3) play one munchkin mode
4) play fireball frenzy (lit after beating 3 witch hurry's)
The reward for collecting the four emeralds above is a shot to Melt the Witch.

Once you can Melt the Witch consistently you can move on to the insanely difficult task of collecting the EIGHT Diamonds and play the real wizard mode of the game, Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Good luck!

PS A better strategy is to go for the switch skillshot every time instead of wasting the plunge on getting it to the pops! A witch skillshot gives you decent points and a witch hurry immediately starts.

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Nope, locks always take precedence.

I got up to 3 gems last night...last one is for melting the witch right?

There are two types of "gems". Emeralds and Diamonds. Once you collect the 4 emeralds (Start Rescue, ECMB, a Munchkin mod, and Fireball), and that will let you battle the witch. All 4 only need to be started to get to the battle.

Diamonds are the tougher ones. You have to beat the witch. You have to beat ECMB. You have to beat Rescue (yeah, right). Travel 50 times on YBR. Get to Munchkin Multiball. Get to Haunted Multiball. Play all the crystal ball modes to get to Flipper Frenzy.

I'm going by memory on those, so I might have missed one. Oh, get all the diamonds and you get to Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Every journey starts with the first step

#586 4 years ago

2 sets to collect.

Four emeralds lead to Liquidate the Witch wizard mode - this is the main wiz mode, equivalent to Destroy the Ring: Earn them by

- Starting Rescue MB
- Starting ECMB
- Starting a Munchkin mode (finish Twister)
- Starting Fireball Frenzy (Witch will not start if this mode is still running though)

Eight gems lead to Somewhere Over the Rainbow wizard mode - this is the WIZARD wizard mode, equivalent to Valinor or SDMEWM. Earn them by:

- Melting the witch (complete all the Emerald bit above and successfully kill the Witch during the ensuing 2ball MB)
- 50 Yellow Brick Road advances (ramp/orbits)
- Start Munchkin Multiball (basically the 4th Munchkin mode)
- Start Haunted Multiball (basically the 5th forest mode)
- Start Flipper Frenzy (basically the 5th crystal ball mode)
- Win ECMB (get all the items, get merry old land of oz music playing)
- Get 10 Fireball Frenzy jackpots
- Win Rescue MB (get the MEGA Jackpot)

Good luck with that last one. The others aren't quite as hard

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There are two types of "gems". Emeralds and Diamonds. Once you collect the 4 emeralds (Start Rescue, ECMB, a Munchkin mod, and Fireball), and that will let you battle the witch. All 4 only need to be started to get to the battle.
Diamonds are the tougher ones. You have to beat the witch. You have to beat ECMB. You have to beat Rescue (yeah, right). Travel 50 times on YBR. Get to Munchkin Multiball. Get to Haunted Multiball. Play all the crystal ball modes to get to Flipper Frenzy.
I'm going by memory on those, so I might have missed one. Oh, get all the diamonds and you get to Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Every journey starts with the first step

GOOD LORD.

#588 4 years ago

SOTR Wizard Mode is nothing I will ever have to worry about.

#589 4 years ago

i wonder who will get curious enough to pull the glass and find out. I am far too lazy.

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Quoted from metallik:

Eight gems lead to Somewhere Over the Rainbow wizard mode - this is the WIZARD wizard mode, equivalent to Valinor or SDMEWM.

You missed one: you have to pass through Valinor in order to get to SOTR.

#591 4 years ago

Just got Munchkin Multiball for the second time ever...got 124k and some change off that mode!! Sweet! By the way Alex/Keith/Ted there isn't an audit for Munchkin Multiball like there is for Haunted Multiball...

#592 4 years ago

my record abt 1.5 mil. 3 balls, 10 second save, right lane post moved in (too lazy to move the left one).
I prefer to start with the witch skill shot and rainbow to get Munchin before the ECMB lock get the priority.
As part of my strategy I lock 2 balls (ECMB) and when the 3 ball lock is ready smash the castle door, complete the rescue MB and lock the last ball for the start of ECMB
Playing Rescue MB and ECMB together is cool....can easily make 150-200k

#593 4 years ago

Well, so I did it last night, I finally melted that bitch! I mean..witch! Took me only 10 games after moving my out lane posts in. I havent adjusted my witch switch plate yet, but I found her sweet spot on her right side, so I just aimed for that.

I really prefer the action around the out lanes now that they are moved in. A nudge can actually save your ball, where as before, it was almost futile. So many less bounces that go right down the out lanes.

A couple pics during my elation.
Video was neat
Ding dong!
New High score!

OK, also one more thing. I need some one to confirm this so I know Im not totally tripping.
Last night, as I am finishing my last game, I get a text. I usually rest my phone above the lock down bar. I pick it up, start to read my text, and as the machine changes to its "all lights on" or "every crazy color it can make" attract mode, I begin to see the playfield rise and fall like the waves in the ocean. TOTALLY TRIPPY. It must be some kind of optical illusion when you look at something close and its going on in the background. Basically, hold your phone (or whatever I guess) in front of your face like normal, but over the machine as you stand in front of it. Wait for it to go to this attract mode, and BLAM, crazy motion behind your phone.

PLEASE some one confirm....it really had me like WOAH.

Now to work on SWOTR....seems like its going to be a long while.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nope, locks always take precedence.

it didn't the other night. really strange.

hmmm...

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

hmmm...

mine does...always.

#596 4 years ago

I can confirm your trippy experience. There is a certain pattern that almost looks like a wave going up the machine. The first time I saw it I was so impressed with the lights.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

That is an odd one. And I'm going to make a crazy guess at it (could be a bug). Had you been up on the munchkin playfield and had it spinning, came off it, qualified the lock, and then shot back up the ramp and it was a continuation of the spinning before? I could see that lighting the lock light, but then the playfield take precedence over the lock.

(and from your reaction I'm very sure you are not running the old version of software that did that)

#597 4 years ago

Well, so I did it last night, I finally melted that bitch! I mean..witch! Took me only 10 games after moving my out lane posts in. I havent adjusted my witch switch plate yet, but I found her sweet spot on her right side, so I just aimed for that.
I really prefer the action around the out lanes now that they are moved in. A nudge can actually save your ball, where as before, it was almost futile. So many less bounces that go right down the out lanes.
A couple pics during my elation.
Video was neat
Ding dong!
New High score!
OK, also one more thing. I need some one to confirm this so I know Im not totally tripping.
Last night, as I am finishing my last game, I get a text. I usually rest my phone above the lock down bar. I pick it up, start to read my text, and as the machine changes to its "all lights on" or "every crazy color it can make" attract mode, I begin to see the playfield rise and fall like the waves in the ocean. TOTALLY TRIPPY. It must be some kind of optical illusion when you look at something close and its going on in the background. Basically, hold your phone (or whatever I guess) in front of your face like normal, but over the machine as you stand in front of it. Wait for it to go to this attract mode, and BLAM, crazy motion behind your phone.
Now to work on SWOTR....seems like its going to be a long while.

IMG_7561.JPG 154 KB

IMG_7559.JPG 147 KB

IMG_7562.JPG 116 KB

Yep...you get the heat wave effect when they are all cycling colors. Trippy!

#598 4 years ago

Man, all you need is a "ruby red" palette swap on the lettering, and you'd have an awesome TWD/WOZ combo

354199.jpg
#599 4 years ago

Last night, as I am finishing my last game, I get a text. I usually rest my phone above the lock down bar. I pick it up, start to read my text, and as the machine changes to its "all lights on" or "every crazy color it can make" attract mode, I begin to see the playfield rise and fall like the waves in the ocean. TOTALLY TRIPPY. It must be some kind of optical illusion when you look at something close and its going on in the background. Basically, hold your phone (or whatever I guess) in front of your face like normal, but over the machine as you stand in front of it.

It has nothing to do with looking at something else, that "3d" visual effect happens whenever the game does that rapid color-cycling during the attract mode.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I can confirm your trippy experience. There is a certain pattern that almost looks like a wave going up the machine. The first time I saw it I was so impressed with the lights.

That is an odd one. And I'm going to make a crazy guess at it (could be a bug). Had you been up on the munchkin playfield and had it spinning, came off it, qualified the lock, and then shot back up the ramp and it was a continuation of the spinning before? I could see that lighting the lock light, but then the playfield take precedence over the lock.
(and from your reaction I'm very sure you are not running the old version of software that did that)

That could have been what happened. I know as soon as the house stopped, munchkin mode was not started, the lock light was on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 38.00
There are 9778 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside