20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 306.
#5851 5 years ago

I'm sure its deep in this thread somewhere, but does anyone have a fix for ball getting stuck in the back left corner or the left orbit?

#5852 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm sure its deep in this thread somewhere, but does anyone have a fix for ball getting stuck in the back left corner or the left orbit?

I had this problem when I had removed the castle mini playfield and installed the wires to go from wrong holes... If you have done this, it might be worth checking out.

#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I haven't seen that be a problem.

Under the castle playfield?
There's not much there to stop a ball. Has something got in there like a loose screw or debris?

What is your playfield pitch?

You might have to take it off to examine the area.

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It happens to me once in a while, the only fix I found is to shake the pinball a bit which does the job.

#5855 5 years ago

Anyone with a good picture regarding the area in front of the winkie drop down target, please send me a PM. I am trying to make some poor man's decal to cover the wear on my pin.

#5856 5 years ago

Just curious about who managed to get the SOTR wizard mode, around how many plays it took you to get there, and what difficulty level / number of balls / outlane settings you play in ?

I just feel like I'm a galaxy away from getting there, and although I do manage to get a couple of the requirements at each game, I still wonder how to get them all

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Just curious about who managed to get the SOTR wizard mode, around how many plays it took you to get there, and what difficulty level / number of balls / outlane settings you play in ?
I just feel like I'm a galaxy away from getting there, and although I do manage to get a couple of the requirements at each game, I still wonder how to get them all

I think I is unreachable for 95-99% of players, which is part of the fun — knowing that there is always something more to strive for.

#5858 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I get all but one emerald all the time.

It's the rescue multiball one that is near impossible.

#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Same here. I have a feeling that IF I were to get all the letters of RESCUE knocked out, I would get to the part where you need to do the "loop into the castle door" combo and totally fail! I remember my heart rate was through the roof the one and only time I had every emerald except the Rescue. It was insane!

#5860 5 years ago

What he said.

But I wouldn't change it. When I do someday get over that rainbow, it is going to be amazing.

#5861 5 years ago

I found a way to keep the rescue multiball going without having multi balls on the playfield, but I don't know if it goes in the cheating category or not. I would think not, since it's totally in game. Basically if you shoot two balls in a row to the castle VUK, the first one will go up while the second stays stuck on the drop target. As long as you don't hit the target the ball stays there while still in multiball.

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I found a way to keep the rescue multiball going without having multi balls on the playfield, but I don't know if it goes in the cheating category or not. I would think not, since it's totally in game. Basically if you shoot two balls in a row to the castle VUK, the first one will go up while the second stays stuck on the drop target. As long as you don't hit the target the ball stays there while still in multiball.

Stuck ball exploits are a cheat per tournament rules.

So yes it's a cheat. Sorry.

However since one can cheat at home, just manually get the gem with the glass off.

Drain the ball, put the glass back on and continue the game.

Take a video of your success post on youtube.

#5863 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

A non-cheat way to win rescue multi-ball is to trap one ball on the left flipper. That is what I did to finally win it. Similar to LOTR's ROTK and FOTR multiballs, they seem to get easier with practice.

#5864 5 years ago

How difficult it would be to change the playfield in comparison to e.g. WMS tables? I have some wear in front of the winkie target, so I am thinking about doing this. The playfield parts are in good shape, so I am thinking just porting the parts to the new playfield to make the exchange easier for myself (i.e. without cleaning the parts). I have procured a rotisserie and this would be my first playfield swap. Anyone done this and have a website full of teardown pics?

#5865 5 years ago

However since one can cheat at home, just manually get the gem with the glass off.

I'm not familiar with tournaments, so thanks for the info !

I would never remove a ball with the glass off though, now that would be cheating

#5866 5 years ago

Is it really considered a stuck ball if it's sitting behind a drop target like that? If so what are your responsibilities as the player, do you have to try to hit the target to release it, forfeit a ball, or something other? This is not an unheard of situation to be in on WOZ and it can definitely happen without you even trying to do so, I'm sure there are other games that would end up the same (SM or AFM behind the 3 bank target automatically come to mind but there have to be more) so this has to be a somewhat common happenstance.

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is it really considered a stuck ball if it's sitting behind a drop target like that? If so what are your responsibilities as the player, do you have to try to hit the target to release it, forfeit a ball, or something other? This is not an unheard of situation to be in on WOZ and it can definitely happen without you even trying to do so, I'm sure there are other games that would end up the same (SM or AFM behind the 3 bank target automatically come to mind but there have to be more) so this has to be a somewhat common happenstance.

If its really stuck, even in a multiball you have to stop playing if you cant unstick it rapidly during play.
Call for a monitor as soon as you see the stuck ball, hold up the flipper of your choice.
They open the coin door (stops the game), pull off the glass or slide it down enough to retrieve the stuck ball and set it on your flipper.

Playing too long in this situation can forfeit your ball as a penalty.

Then you continue your game and hopefully regain your momentum. (It sucks when this happens in competition)

#5868 5 years ago

edit: wrong thread

#5869 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Finally picked up a NIB DI today. Got it home and one of the legs is too long Also trying to figure out why the heck the coin door thinks its open when it's closed...fun

Measure the legs, three of the short ones might have gotten into your box.

Door open, please check if the two wires/connectors are on the lower big white switch by the left hand of the door opening. Then be sure the flap on the door fully closes it. Check the area for anything unplugged that should be plugged in.

LTG : )

#5870 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anyone with a good picture regarding the area in front of the winkie drop down target, please send me a PM. I am trying to make some poor man's decal to cover the wear on my pin.

Bump. Anyone with an extra playfield that could take the photo for me? Thanks!

#5871 5 years ago

Nepi23 i just got a piece of paper, and trimmed it a bit and put it in that area then drew out roughly the shape needed to protect the area in front of the drop target and then cut some mylar and boom.

#5872 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

nepi23 i just got a piece of paper, and trimmed it a bit and put it in that area then drew out roughly the shape needed to protect the area in front of the drop target and then cut some mylar and boom.

I am thinking about making a sticker out of the picture and putting it there and then cover it with mylar.

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am thinking about making a sticker out of the picture and putting it there and then cover it with mylar.

Let me know it this is what you need.

IMG_2063[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2063[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2063[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2063[1] (resized).JPG
#5874 5 years ago

I can try for something better if that is the shot you need....

#5875 5 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I can try for something better if that is the shot you need....

Exactly - you can see the wear here: https://images.pinside.com/1/d0/1d081356711d85ecae910546edcc813deb4cf017/resized/large/1d081356711d85ecae910546edcc813deb4cf017.jpg

It would be great if you could take another pic, but not at an angle. Many thanks!

#5876 5 years ago
IMG_2065[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2065[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2066[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2066[1] (resized).JPG
#5877 5 years ago

Hi WOZ family,

I've owned this game for a few months now. There are a few lights on this playfield that I do not understand. The first one is the arrow on the munchkin play field. It varies in color from red to blue to green. Sometimes it's flashing sometimes it still. I'm not sure what it means or what it represents. The second light is the owls face right below the haunted lights. Sometimes it's on sometimes is off. Not sure when or why. If anybody can help would greatly appreciate it.

Jt

#5878 5 years ago

Thank you very much JIM_Z, brilliant!

#5879 5 years ago

Ohh Nepi23 my bad I just realized your covering some damage right? Duh... sorry my post was probably useless

#5880 5 years ago

The munchkin color tells you which munchkin mode is available if you spin around the munchkin pf enough times ( I think it's 7 to start with). If you look to the right of the mini flipper there are little colored squares that tell you which mode corresponds to that color. Red is Welcome to Munchkin land, Blue is Munchkin frenzy, Green is Lollipop lullaby, and orange is Munchkin Multiball ( you need to start the previous 3 to qualify this). You qualify the Munchkin playfield by completing the rainbow targets, then pop it up the center ramp, spin around 7 times and Robert's your mother's brother. Now, if you complete the rainbow targets you can basically 'pick" which mode you want to go for before you shoot it up the center ramp by hitting the rainbow targets again. Each hit changes it from red to blue to green ( if you haven't started any, if you have it skips the ones you already started). I prefer blue (munchkin frenzy). If you stack that with an emerald city MB and multiply it with a crystal ball mode you're in for a shower of points.

The owl's eyes indicate if you have a haunted forest mode running. You hit enough pops to qualify the mode (7), this will start the arrow near the hainted forest flashing, then hit it into the saucer on the right THROUGH THE POPS not the spinner. This starts a haunted forest mode.

There are a number of game walk throughs available on the next. But this one is the best ( J/K) It's a very very complex game and I still find things to do!

Quoted from Backdoc01:

Hi WOZ family,
I've owned this game for a few months now. There are a few lights on this playfield that I do not understand. The first one is the arrow on the munchkin play field. It varies in color from red to blue to green. Sometimes it's flashing sometimes it still. I'm not sure what it means or what it represents. The second light is the owls face right below the haunted lights. Sometimes it's on sometimes is off. Not sure when or why. If anybody can help would greatly appreciate it.
Jt

#5881 5 years ago
Quoted from boomgopinball:

The owl's eyes indicate if you have qualified a haunted forest mode. If you have you need to drop it in that left saucer via the pops but not the spinner.

Actually, the owl eyes are lit while a Haunted Mode is running. Off otherwise.

The HAUNTED arrow blinks when Haunted Mode is lit. It also blinks during Haunted Multiball when jackpot is lit.

--Ted

#5882 5 years ago

What would you know about the coding on this game?! AHAHA . Thanks for the correction! I fixed my description to avoid any mis-info. Thanks Ted!!!

Quoted from check_switch_26:

Actually, the owl eyes are lit while a Haunted Mode is running. Off otherwise.
The HAUNTED arrow blinks when Haunted Mode is lit. It also blinks during Haunted Multiball when jackpot is lit.
--Ted

#5883 5 years ago

Speaking of insert meanings, what is the big hour glass for? I could never figure that out...

#5884 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

what is the big hour glass for?

In the movie the wicked with turns the hour glass over and Dorthy has one hour to give up her red shoes.

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the movie the wicked with turns the hour glass over and Dorthy has one hour to give up her red shoes.

Thanks I knew that, but the hour glass insert appears to be unrelated to anything in the game. One would expect it to flash during a hurry up or pulse during TOTO or other timed mode but it doesn't.

#5886 5 years ago

Asked Keith Johnson about the hour Glass insert as well as anything else the haunted forest skill shot target does outside of the skill shot. Here ya are;

The hourglass insert doesn't really do anything much right now.

The haunted skill shot target rather stealthily adds Hurry-Build lights to the inlanes if they're not all lit. https://t.co/kqgd7DZfSP

#5887 5 years ago

The hourglass insert doesn't really do anything much right now.

It's only been 5 years, what's the hold up?

#5888 5 years ago

The haunted skill shot target rather stealthily adds Hurry-Build lights to the inlanes if they're not all lit. https://t.co/kqgd7DZfSP

I always wondered about what lit those.

#5889 5 years ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Hi WOZ family,
Jt

To make it easier to start haunted mode when it flashes, pressing the 2 flipper buttons will deactivate the bumpers so the ball can get to the VUK. Discovering this finally allowed me to get the haunted multiball.

#5890 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

To make it easier to start haunted mode when it flashes, pressing the 2 flipper buttons will deactivate the bumpers so the ball can get to the VUK. Discovering this finally allowed me to get the haunted multiball.

This is a setting that can either be enabled or disabled in the service menus

#5891 5 years ago

This is a setting that can either be enabled or disabled in the service menus

Yes, and it can be set to only work when the Haunted Mode is lit, always, or never.

#5892 5 years ago

Hi guys Im thinking of getting a Woz.. but not sure if I can fit it in my walk out basement sliding door.. can someone get me the dimensions so i can see if it will squeeze through?
Probably the widest part is the head?
Thanks

#5893 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

widest part is the head?

28 3/4 inches.

#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hi guys Im thinking of getting a Woz.. but not sure if I can fit it in my walk out basement sliding door.. can someone get me the dimensions so i can see if it will squeeze through?
Probably the widest part is the head?
Thanks

My door is 29" wide. And as LTG said, the head is 28.75" wide, so I had a quarter inch to work with. It was tight, but we got it through.

#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, and it can be set to only work when the Haunted Mode is lit, always, or never.

Good to know. Mine came default with haunted mode lit, and it's fine like that.

The other setting I'm wondering about is the magnet that stops the ball on top of the Oz lanes, it helps getting the witch but it makes it more difficult to get the haunted house multiball.

#5896 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

My door is 29" wide. And as LTG said, the head is 28.75" wide, so I had a quarter inch to work with. It was tight, but we got it through.

I had the same door width and got a WOZ into my basement. Then I remodeled the basement and expanded the door to 32". 29" made me very uncomfortable, though it can be done.

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I had the same door width and got a WOZ into my basement. Then I remodeled the basement and expanded the door to 32". 29" made me very uncomfortable, though it can be done.

You don't know how badly I want to widen my doorway, but to justify it to the wife by saying, "it's so I can fit pinball machines through it!" would be suicide!

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

but to justify it to the wife by saying, "it's so I can fit pinball machines through it!" would be suicide!

Just tell your wife your concerned as she gets older she may need a wider door.

Then you'll know what suicidal is.

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just tell your wife your concerned as she gets older she may need a wider door.
Then you'll know what suicidal is.

Jeeeeeesuuuuus! I'd be dead before I hit the floor!

#5900 5 years ago

Just take the head off the pinball. That is what I have to do to get them in my basement. With WOZ its only 3 or 4 connectors and two side bolts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/118?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.