767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 306.
#5751 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

OK, found the culprit, the data connector going from 56 to 26, on the green end, the ground wire had backed itself out. shoved it back in and hot glued it until i can order a replacement. Speaking of replacement where do i order one? I Could not find it on the part page.
Also, my WOZ head led seems to be out... this common, and should i order another from JJP? or can i use a 12 one I have from comet? Thanks

The Wizard head is just a 12 volt green strip so you could use another source other than JJP. I made my own from a green reel I had from amazon.

#5752 5 years ago

I guess this LED is notorious for going out ya?

ALso my machine has 06.61 is that the latest or should i update? thanks

One last thing... im getting some SUPER annoying vibration between the glass and side rails, cause the sub and music. I noticed the side rails on this game are not using doubled sided tape, and thus are kinda loose allowing little movement thus vibration

#5753 5 years ago

ALso my machine has 06.61 is that the latest or should i update? thanks
One last thing... im getting some SUPER annoying vibration between the glass and side rails, cause the sub and music. I noticed the side rails on this game are not using doubled sided tape, and thus are kinda loose allowing little movement thus vibration

I had same issue, there is some special tape you can add to the glass, but I just folded up some thick card stock and slipped it in above the glass on either side (in one spot). If I remove the glass it just falls out. Got rid of the vibration noise for me

Oh and 6.61 is the latest

#5754 5 years ago

Thanks arcadenerd925 and idea where to buy this “special tape” also loving your fun house restoration!

Nevermind found it! Flipper fidelity sells it

#5755 5 years ago

OK, found the culprit, the data connector going from 56 to 26, on the green end, the ground wire had backed itself out. shoved it back in and hot glued it until i can order a replacement. Speaking of replacement where do i order one? I Could not find it on the part page.
Also, my WOZ head led seems to be out... this common, and should i order another from JJP? or can i use a 12 one I have from comet? Thanks

The throne room has a small LED strip under it make sure it's plugged in. If the little strip is bad you can order one from jjp directly.

#5756 5 years ago

Thanks for the help arcadenerd925 ltg out of curiosity I pulled up the sellers listing... sure enough even in the photos the lights are out. Super frustrating.
So that rules out transporting causing this. it’s gotta be a bad board and he just didn’t disclose it, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and believe he didn’t notice... but really

If he is a stand up guy then you should ask him to cover the cost of the replacements, if he doesn't you know never to buy from him again and you could warn potential buyers in future.

#5757 5 years ago

Ok guys im going to order some mods for my WOZ but had some questions. Mainly the castle walls. I was thinking of going with the modfather one with the witches well. Any reason not to get the modfather one over the back alley creations one? thanks

#5758 5 years ago

Ok guys im going to order some mods for my WOZ but had some questions. Mainly the castle walls. I was thinking of going with the modfather one with the witches well. Any reason not to get the modfather one over the back alley creations one? thanks

Get the red smoke one It is the best one and you will not be disappointed and not a single owner here who has it will tell you its not worth it. I had the godfather one and switched. I love the red smoke version! I like the leaved trees with red led eyes and lighted emerald city as well. Don't forget the bottomer witch legs!

IMG_4717 (resized).JPGIMG_4717 (resized).JPGIMG_4733 (resized).JPGIMG_4733 (resized).JPGIMG_4756 (resized).JPGIMG_4756 (resized).JPGIMG_4761 (resized).JPGIMG_4761 (resized).JPG
#5759 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Get the red smoke one It is the best one and you will not be disappointed and not a single owner here who has it will tell you its not worth it. I had the godfather one and switched. I love the red smoke version! I like the leaved trees with red led eyes and lighted emerald city as well. Don't forget the bottomer witch legs!

I agree, the red smoke witch mod is awesome (never parting with mine, haha) but they are also not currently being made. (I'm sure Steve will make more down the road when time permits).

#5760 5 years ago

Right that’s why I asked which casket walls as I know he’s not making that mod right now

#5761 5 years ago

Right that’s why I asked which casket walls as I know he’s not making that mod right now

Get the complete set from Matt at back alley creations.
They are the best.

I bought the modfather walls but the material wasnt durable enough to last properly. It was a kind of marshmallow material that looked really nice but ultimately the holes wore out and they kept falling off.

Get the red smoke mod later when it becomes available again.
For now sign up for the monkey mod.

#5762 5 years ago

So I also want to put an led in the state fair balloon... and I’m use to Williams, the wiring harnesses in this game is nuts, where / how do I tap into a gi circuit? Or power? Thank you

#5763 5 years ago

how do I tap into a gi circuit?

Don't.

12 volt spot lights.

LTG : )

#5764 5 years ago

Thanks LTG so any leds added need to be 12v essentially?

#5765 5 years ago

Yep! Just replaced my third one in a year. Ordered 3 from JJP. Obviously a cheap part – wish they would go with another manufacturer.

Interestingly, the LED is getting power but circuitry on the strip must go bad.

Here are before and after shots of the strip! And the final outcome

IMG_2480 (resized).JPGIMG_2480 (resized).JPGIMG_2482 (resized).JPGIMG_2482 (resized).JPGIMG_2485 (resized).JPGIMG_2485 (resized).JPG
#5766 5 years ago

so any leds added need to be 12v essentially?

12 volt LED, wire it to a nearby spotlight.

#5767 5 years ago

So I also want to put an led in the state fair balloon... and I’m use to Williams, the wiring harnesses in this game is nuts, where / how do I tap into a gi circuit? Or power? Thank you

Get the state fair balloon mod from mezelmods.com

#5768 5 years ago

Cap (c126) came loose from Woz5 v1.1 looked at manual as well as visually. Just confirming it's 16v 2200uf.

Found these. Any issues? Figured I'd double the with the experts

ebay.com link: 10pc Topmay Electrolytic Radial Aluminum Capacitor 2200uF 16V 13x21mm 105 C New

#5769 5 years ago

Go with the Backalley walls if you think you might be able to snag the red witch mod down the line. The well for that mod was made as a better match the brick style/color of the Backalley walls.

Also they look amazing and hold up. I’ve had mine in through two shows and a year at home and still look like the day I put them in.

#5770 5 years ago
Quoted from boomgopinball:

Cap (c126) came loose from Woz5 v1.1 looked at manual as well as visually. Just confirming it's 16v 2200uf.
Found these. Any issues? Figured I'd double the with the experts
ebay.com link » 10pc Topmay Electrolytic Radial Aluminum Capacitor 2200uf 16v 13x21mm 105 C New

Those will work, don’t worry if they seem larger in size when installed no and whatever you do, DO NOT REVERSE THE CAP! Make sure positive and negative are installed correctly

#5771 5 years ago

well just ordered a ton of goodies from Back Alley. Got the combo and added the emerald city.

I'm thinking about getting Pin Stadium, I don't have them on any of my machines. Though I think it's an amazing product I have always been concerned that it may detract from the intended presentation of the games, as they have are pretty dramatic effect.

Combo_set_all_3_woz_mods_480x480 (resized).jpgCombo_set_all_3_woz_mods_480x480 (resized).jpgTop_city_wizard_of_oz_480x480 (resized).jpgTop_city_wizard_of_oz_480x480 (resized).jpg
#5772 5 years ago

Though I think it's an amazing product I have always been concerned that it may detract from the intended presentation of the games, as they have are pretty dramatic effect.

It will compliment the game, not take away from it. And make game play easier if your game is in a dark setting.

#5773 5 years ago

well just ordered a ton of goodies from Back Alley. Got the combo and added the emerald city.
I'm thinking about getting Pin Stadium, I don't have them on any of my machines. Though I think it's an amazing product I have always been concerned that it may detract from the intended presentation of the games, as they have are pretty dramatic effect.

PinStadiums in WOZ are fantastic for improving the lackluster GI and being able to see the ball well, if you play in a dimly lit room your scores will improve with the PS Kit. There are two things to consider with it though since you have the non 2.0 lighting system the GI integration in the P.S. kit is very active. If this is a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of opinion / preference because with it integrated the P.S. lights go out in a lot of modes including all the Crystal Ball Modes, Battle the Witch, when you're in Munchkinland mode and probably another one or two I'm forgetting about (EDIT: in LTG's video you don't see this happening because his has the new 2.0 light kit). This makes for a VERY dramatic effect but it also makes the contrast so much more extreme you may not like it and it may hurt your scores. The good news is if you don't like it, or if you want to play sometimes with it on and sometimes with it off all you have to do is move the GI integration inputs to one of the spotlights and it will stay on whenever the game is on, fairly easy to switch back and forth as long as you don't mind lifting the Playfield. The other thing to consider is the Flasher kit, the UV Glow option looks awesome but WOZ doesn't actually have any flashers other than the one at the Witch so you are limited to having it flash whenever the witch is going up or down, still very cool but not much flexibility there. Of course you can order the kit without the flasher option if you really want to.

#5774 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

PinStadiums in WOZ are fantastic for improving the lackluster GI and being able to see the ball well, if you play in a dimly lit room your scores will improve with the PS Kit. There are two things to consider with it though since you have the non 2.0 lighting system the GI integration in the P.S. kit is very active. If this is a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of opinion / preference because with it integrated the P.S. lights go out in a lot of modes including all the Crystal Ball Modes, Battle the Witch, when you're in Munchkinland mode and probably another one or two I'm forgetting about (EDIT: in LTG's video you don't see this happening because his has the new 2.0 light kit). This makes for a VERY dramatic effect but it also makes the contrast so much more extreme you may not like it and it may hurt your scores. The good news is if you don't like it, or if you want to play sometimes with it on and sometimes with it off all you have to do is move the GI integration inputs to one of the spotlights and it will stay on whenever the game is on, fairly easy to switch back and forth as long as you don't mind lifting the Playfield. The other thing to consider is the Flasher kit, the UV Glow option looks awesome but WOZ doesn't actually have any flashers other than the one at the Witch so you are limited to having it flash whenever the witch is going up or down, still very cool but not much flexibility there. Of course you can order the kit without the flasher option if you really want to.

I looked at pin stadium options and couldn't figure out what option to get, thanks for the break down, good tutorial.

#5775 5 years ago

Pinstadium: I would recommend it if you like to play in a darker room or lights off.

Where I have woz I have dim-able lights above (and I dont like to play with the room totally dark) so not needed for me.

#5776 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Pinstadium: I would recommend it if you like to play in a darker room or lights off.
Where I have woz I have dim-able lights above (and I dont like to play with the room totally dark) so not needed for me.

I added some purple spots to mine attched to the regular GI and it seems enough for a lot less than the pinstadium lights.
Plus it works with the code.

#5777 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on Pinside, I received my WOZ Ruby red 2 weeks ago, put in 500 plays since them, and loving that fantastic pinball. I had a STTNG for years, had to sell it a while ago and I must say that WOZ is a major step forward in countless ways.
I bought it from The Pinball Company, Nic and Brooke have been of great help and service along the way.

In short, but nothing new there, I've never seen a game with that many things to do, and I keep discovering new modes along the way. I really like the "open world" approach where there are tons of paths to get to the wizard mode. The game is fast, all the shots are rewarding and there seems to be enough to do to keep me busy for a while. Kudos to JJP for that one, I wanted to buy a NIB pinball but didn't want to get a Stern, I'm just not a big fan of the feel and don't believe much in having a Stern for life wether for maintenance or gameplay, so JJP is a blessing.

I had a few issues with it, 2 led boards died and my crystall ball was freezing. I sorted out the Crystal ball, the SD card wasn't well inserted so it was losing contact.
As to the led boards, I got help from JJP support to understand the string concept on the first one, then got the concept and sorted out the second one myself. The cool thing with that string compared to my old STTNG is that it takes out so many lights at once that it forced me to work on it right away, where on the TTNG I was waiting to have a bunch of lights out before resolving myself to work on it. A gift in disguise I guess.

What else to say, JJP support team is super reactive and efficient, maintenance has been a breeze so far and playing that pinball is immensely satisfying. I've always been a big fan of the Wizard of Oz movie and this pinball truly brings the movie to the playfield, they did a very good job at implementing the them with a great attention to details.

I've been "working from home" for 3 days now, and quite frankly I haven't worked much !

#5778 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on Pinside, I received my WOZ Ruby red 2 weeks ago, put in 500 plays since them, and loving that fantastic pinball. I had a STTNG for years, had to sell it a while ago and I must say that WOZ is a major step forward in countless ways.
I bought it from The Pinball Company, Nic and Brooke have been of great help and service along the way.
In short, but nothing new there, I've never seen a game with that many things to do, and I keep discovering new modes along the way. I really like the "open world" approach where there are tons of paths to get to the wizard mode. The game is fast, all the shots are rewarding and there seems to be enough to do to keep me busy for a while. Kudos to JJP for that one, I wanted to buy a NIB pinball but didn't want to get a Stern, I'm just not a big fan of the feel and don't believe much in having a Stern for life wether for maintenance or gameplay, so JJP is a blessing.
I had a few issues with it, 2 led boards died and my crystall ball was freezing. I sorted out the Crystal ball, the SD card wasn't well inserted so it was losing contact.
As to the led boards, I got help from JJP support to understand the string concept on the first one, then got the concept and sorted out the second one myself. The cool thing with that string compared to my old STTNG is that it takes out so many lights at once that it forced me to work on it right away, where on the TTNG I was waiting to have a bunch of lights out before resolving myself to work on it. A gift in disguise I guess.
What else to say, JJP support team is super reactive and efficient, maintenance has been a breeze so far and playing that pinball is immensely satisfying. I've always been a big fan of the Wizard of Oz movie and this pinball truly brings the movie to the playfield, they did a very good job at implementing the them with a great attention to details.
I've been "working from home" for 3 days now, and quite frankly I haven't worked much !

Welcome to pinside!
Welcome to the Club!

WOZ is just an amazing game, its never leaving our home!

#5779 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I added some purple spots to mine attched to the regular GI and it seems enough for a lot less than the pinstadium lights.

Is that difficult to do?

#5780 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Is that difficult to do?

Not really just use 12v leds.

#5781 5 years ago

Not really just use 12v leds.

Can you post a pic as to where you placed these spots?

#5782 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Can you post a pic as to where you placed these spots?

I have two spots on the top of each sling and one set of two just below the trees.

They are not too hard to install on top of a couple of hex posts.

You can move them around and put them wherever you see fit.

You can get either the silver spotlights or the black ones I think the black ones look better.

#5783 5 years ago

I have two spots on the top of each sling and one set of two just below the trees.
They are not too hard to install on top of a couple of hex posts.
You can move them around and put them wherever you see fit.
You can get either the silver spotlights or the black ones I think the black ones look better.

Cool...thank you sir!

#5784 5 years ago

Winkie target in! Such a must for this game.

23DA051C-4847-4278-85B1-9FD9C2276A75 (resized).jpeg23DA051C-4847-4278-85B1-9FD9C2276A75 (resized).jpeg
#5785 5 years ago

I agreed, you can hardly notice when the stock one comes up.

#5786 5 years ago

Good point, I hadnt thought of that (just adding a few spots)

#5787 5 years ago

Pinstadium lights are incredible, especially on this game. I got them about 1 month ago and it is night and day difference, especially this is a fairly dark game. I got the uv glow flasher. Scott walked me theough installation and i have a youtube that shows exactly how wires go on 2.0 system.

#5788 5 years ago

Hey guys about to order some cliffy’s for my woz but good lord... there is like a massive amount of options. I was thinking vuks, drop target and shooter lane... any suggestions? Cheers

#5789 5 years ago

Hey guys about to order some cliffy’s for my woz but good lord... there is like a massive amount of options. I was thinking vuks, drop target and shooter lane... any suggestions? Cheers

The munchkin playfield is a must. The others are not needed on my opinion

#5790 5 years ago

I got a complete set for my RR 3 years ago, new. Absolutely no wear. Munchkin & all holes protectors heip a lot.

#5791 5 years ago

I found the ones that protect the rollovers and magnets to be problematic

#5793 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I got a complete set for my RR 3 years ago, new. Absolutely no wear. Munchkin & all holes protectors heip a lot.

I've heard people say the munchin area (wood edge) can be damaged but I haven't seen this after a few years. Ball doesn't seem to hit it.
I like the look of the wood edge.

#5794 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I've heard people say the munchin area (wood edge) can be damaged but I haven't seen this after a few years. Ball doesn't seem to hit it.
I like the look of the wood edge.

Munchkin edge protection is a must

Please post close up pictures of the edge near the ramp over the lollipop targets after 2000 plays.

With no protector.

Mine was visibly dented and chipped at 500 plays.

#5795 5 years ago

You reminded me that I need this! Was just on Mezel Mods and looks like they're out of stock. I think that's the only place that carries them, right?

#5796 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Pinstadium lights are incredible, especially on this game. I got them about 1 month ago and it is night and day difference, especially this is a fairly dark game. I got the uv glow flasher. Scott walked me theough installation and i have a youtube that shows exactly how wires go on 2.0 system.

I bought a set that a guy had in his Star Wars (stern) but I’m thinking I’d rather have it in woz. Is that a comparable switch? I have uv glow and flasher but I’m afraid I’m on the previous gen lighting boards (pre-2.0?)

#5797 5 years ago

arcadenerd925 messes with the ball I bet?

Yeah, not a huge deal. but annoying. I skipped and have seen no wear around those in the 4+ years I've had the machine.

#5798 5 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

You reminded me that I need this! Was just on Mezel Mods and looks like they're out of stock. I think that's the only place that carries them, right?

Go to acliffys Passion For Pinball. He makes all of them.you order from hin.He is the best ana stays very busy. Check his site.

#5799 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Go to acliffys Passion For Pinball. He makes all of them.you order from hin.He is the best ana stays very busy. Check his site.

Cliffy don't do Winkie Targets.

#5800 5 years ago

indypinhead was making the lighted winkie drop targets

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/116?hl=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.