Hi all. I have both a pat on the back and a request for advice.
First, the pat on the back goes to . . . ME . . . and all of YOU . . . who offered advice prior to and during my castle playfield removal. As some may remember, I tried this last weekend, got stuck removing some connectors, ran out of time, and raised my blood pressure too much. I decided, wisely, to put it aside and wait a week before trying again. This time, I was smarter and more calm. I did it!!! I broke it into two parts: removal and then adjustment and reassembly. Taking a break in the middle also helped me stay calm. So, thanks everyone! I feel more confident and am glad that I finally did it.
Now, for the request for advice. While putting my main playfield back in, it wouldn't quite go, so I did like all good repair techs do and tried to shove it a little harder. It still wouldn't go, and I finally looked under again and saw a cable hanging down that was getting caught. Turns out the cable was the power (I believe) cable to GI board 13, and probably due to my shoving, the little tab holding it in place snapped off. I can plug it back in, but it is a bit loose. Everything is working, and the lights are all on, so I am wondering whether I just leave it alone, and if vibrates loose at some point, I just plug it back in. Or, do I do something about it. I can probably add a hot glue bead to keep it in, but that might be hard to remove if I ever need to replace it. Or, I could just order a new one. I think they are only $26 or so. I'm tempted to just leave it alone until it becomes a problem. However, I thought I would ask if there are any other hacks to get that to stick in better.