Topic Stats

• 9,782 posts
  • 530 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Elphaba
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,300 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e2194fc246976c878a48d09c25c1c085854f9d55 (resized).jpg
d9ae237de81c78181304a821c2db96b03677ff83 (resized).jpg
4d9bf62d7feb094734047575bc0327c272f0025b (resized).jpg
17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9782 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 196.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

What I'm calling the search loop is the arrow shot on the castle mini-playfield. When I first got the game, it would reject solid shots most of the time.
Regarding the launch, I tried the downward pressure thing, and it may have helped a little. Out of six launches, two made it to the trees. Normally, I might get 1 of 10 through when I pull full blast.

For those who missed it, fixing the search loop just requires pulling up on the wire guide at the top of the castle pf right loop to bend it upwards a bit. I had a lot of bounce-outs here and this fixed it like a charm.

Regarding the plunger issue, try loosening the nuts attaching the plunger to the cab just a bit, so it is held on firmly but can be moved. Then move it slightly and take some test plunges until you get a clean plunge, and tighten it in that position. (This works for any game that may have an off-center plunger, of course.)

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

When you say they didnt work, you installed them, plugged them in, and nada? Maybe take a picture showing the new board installed/wired up and the one in front and back wiring wise and post it.

Ok I think Ive found the problem, had to bypass board #26 so the other boards are working just need a new #26 board........ finally after testing testing testing lol

#503 5 years ago

Just got the printed manual. Truly amazing! I can't imagine any WOZ owner being disappointed with it despite the hefty price. I don't know what possessed them to produce a manual this thorough and informative (and in color, which is a huge plus), but I wish I had one like it for each of my favorite pins.

1 week later
#504 5 years ago

What a great pin! Traded a mint HUO Spider-man plus $, for a like new HUO WOZECLE #13, with only 80 plays! I couldn't be happier!

image-424.jpg
image-75.jpg

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What a great pin! Traded a mint HUO Spider-Man, for a like new HUO WOZECLE #13, with only 80 plays! I couldn't be happier!

image-75.jpg 194 KB

image-424.jpg 219 KB

Jesus...you got a deal!!

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Jesus...you got a deal!!

Lol! I'll edit my post! I also added $ to the transaction.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What a great pin! Traded a mint HUO Spider-Man plus $, for a like new HUO WOZECLE #13, with only 80 plays! I couldn't be happier!

image-75.jpg 194 KB

image-424.jpg 219 KB

If it didn't come with at least 4.0 software on it, upgrade. It makes a great game better. And welcome to the club!

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If it didn't come with at least 4.0 software on it, upgrade. It makes a great game better. And welcome to the club!

Thanks Dave! That's the 1st thing I did. Reminds me of TSPP on Steriods!

#509 5 years ago

For the Witch castle playfield, are most people moving the post in that is at the left side of castle playfield exit?

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the Witch castle playfield, are most people moving the post in that is at the left side of castle playfield exit?

Some do. Makes it a bit easier.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Well I can't speak for most people, but I did. I very rarely do things like that, but I was going dozens of games without starting Rescue. It felt unfair to me, so I switched it to the other hole. Rescue is still tough, but that post gives you an extra chance or two to get it. Others may say its cheating, but moving that made it just right. If I ended up starting Rescue every game I would have moved it back. I like my games difficult, but fun.

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yup, i moved it in. I was able to do it without lifting the playfield too (but did have to remove the habitrails) with a small socket wrench. It was just draining way too easily.. however, I will say this, now that I have had it for some time and I'm "better" at the game, I could probably live with it in its original location. YMMV

#513 5 years ago

It was just draining way too easily.. however, I will say this, now that I have had it for some time and I'm "better" at the game, I could probably live with it in its original location. YMMV

Quoted from DaveH:

Well I can't speak for most people, but I did. I very rarely do things like that, but I was going dozens of games without starting Rescue. It felt unfair to me, so I switched it to the other hole. Rescue is still tough, but that post gives you an extra chance or two to get it. Others may say its cheating, but moving that made it just right. If I ended up starting Rescue every game I would have moved it back. I like my games difficult, but fun.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I have not yet had a lot of time to master the nuances of playing the Witch castle playfield and think I should move the post in. It is easily the area of the playfield that I am struggling with the most. If it gets too easy then later I definitely will move it back.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is exactly what I was thinking. I have not yet had a lot of time to master the nuances of playing the Witch castle playfield and think I should move the post in. It is easily the area of the playfield that I am struggling with the most. If it gets too easy then later I definitely will move it back.

I did mine without having to pull the castle playfield. Just pull out the main playfield and prop it on the rails. I used a screw driver and needle nose pliers. Just do it easy and slow, and yes, there is a washer between the nut and the bottom of the playfield (don't drop it). It only takes a couple of minutes.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I did mine without having to pull the castle playfield. Just pull out the main playfield and prop it on the rails. I used a screw driver and needle nose pliers. Just do it easy and slow, and yes, there is a washer between the nut and the bottom of the playfield (don't drop it). It only takes a couple of minutes.

Thanks. It looks really easy compared to removing both mini playfields which I already did to install the Cliffys and Borygard's full plastic protector set.

#516 5 years ago

Yup, i moved it in. ... It was just draining way too easily.. however, I will say this, now that I have had it for some time and I'm "better" at the game, I could probably live with it in its original location. YMMV

Same here. Now that I've gotten the hang of it, I don't think the location of the post is as big a deal, but early on it was frustrating. I moved mine in, and it doesn't feel too easy to me.

#517 5 years ago

What mods have you guys done to your WOZ? I have the castle wall mods, & was looking to do some others. Anyone install white rubbers? Also, do you guys feel Cliffys are necessary? Do they effect game play? Thanks

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What mods have you guys done to your WOZ? I have the castle wall mods, & was looking to do some others. Anyone install white rubbers? Also, do you guys feel Cliffys are necessary? Do they effect game play? Thanks

The only cliffy I'm concerned with installing is the munchkin land edge protector. As for mods, my favorite is the lit winkie guard target, it really stands out (whereas before you could barely tell if the target was up or down).

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Ditto on the edge guard for the mini playfield. That area takes a beating. Myself, I replaced the sling rubbers with translucent ones and the slipper rubbers with translucent red superbands. The other thing to watch is the rubber ring up top. I had the kicker set high and the ring was near failure when I saw it during the Cliffy install.

BTW, the spinning house adjustment takes a bit of finesse. If you go one point high or low on the clocking the door will either not open or get stuck open.

#520 5 years ago

Does your topper SLIGHTLY flicker when you hit the flippers? I never noticed until today. The Wizard saucer light thingy has always flickered like crazy.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Does your topper SLIGHTLY flicker when you hit the flippers? I never noticed until today. The Wizard saucer light thingy has always flickered like crazy.

I've not noticed the topper flicker but the Wizard of Oz plastic head does.

2 months later
#522 5 years ago

Has anyone had any issue with feedback when connecting a sub? I seem to get a constant hum despite where my crossover is set. This by all means could be a problem with my sub and not the machine. Just curious if anyone else has hooked up a sub to WOZ.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Has anyone had any issue with feedback when connecting a sub? I seem to get a constant hum despite where my crossover is set. This by all means could be a problem with my sub and not the machine. Just curious if anyone else has hooked up a sub to WOZ.

could be a ground loop hum. try not grounding the sub. try a cheater plug and see if that helps?

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

could be a ground loop hum. try not grounding the sub. try a cheater plug and see if that helps?

Will do, thanks! Is there any other way to fix a grounding hum without using a cheater plug?

#525 5 years ago

Anyone know how to reset high scores? Haven't reset since upgrade.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Anyone know how to reset high scores?

Open coin door, hit the Enter button. Left column last one that says Resets - in there.

LTG : )

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Will do, thanks! Is there any other way to fix a grounding hum without using a cheater plug?

Isolation transformer

3 weeks later
#528 5 years ago

Saving me going back 11 pages

Whats the recommended pitch level setting for Woz

thanks in advance

1 month later
#529 5 years ago

Finally getting the hang of this machine. We've put about 300 games on it between my x-mas party and me playing it with a few friends, etc.

Ive got ECMB and Munchkin land locked down. My primary focus (and what I tell people who play for the first time) is to go after the rainbow targets, and while doing so, youll hit all the characters to lock up your balls for ECMB. This strategy seems to work well. I get twister to light or I lock up my balls for ECMB on a regular basis.

I am still working on rescue (seems as though I have a switch error on "e", but that doesnt hurt too much since I can hit that loop to spell it). I am thinking about moving the post on the rescue playfield...the ball doesnt like to stay up there very long. Its the only post that I really think needs to be moved. The out lanes are fine, although TNPLH is still a drain monster if you arent careful.

I tell everyone: "This machine was BUILT to be nudged". I find myself bumping the crap out of it just to keep the ball out of the out lanes especially.

#530 5 years ago

Just an FYI but some games did not ship with a deflector that sits behind the wire guide in the search loop on the upper castle playfield. This prevents the ball from jumping the guide and get stuck on top of the wire guide. Mine was missing and I had no idea. I received mine in the mail this past week. If you have a moment you may want to make sure that deflector is there. My build date was July 18,2013.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Whats the recommended pitch level setting for Woz

I have the one here at 6.5 degrees.

LTG : )™

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just an FYI but some games did not ship with a deflector that sits behind the wire guide in the search loop on the upper castle playfield. This prevents the ball from jumping the guide and get stuck on top of the wire guide. Mine was missing and I had no idea. I received mine in the mail this past week. If you have a moment you may want to make sure that deflector is there. My build date was July 18,2013.

Taylor, can you toss up a picture when you install it?

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Finally getting the hang of this machine. We've put about 300 games on it between my x-mas party and me playing it with a few friends, etc.
Ive got ECMB and Munchkin land locked down. My primary focus (and what I tell people who play for the first time) is to go after the rainbow targets, and while doing so, youll hit all the characters to lock up your balls for ECMB. This strategy seems to work well. I get Twister to light or I lock up my balls for ECMB on a regular basis.
I am still working on rescue (seems as though I have a switch error on "e", but that doesnt hurt too much since I can hit that loop to spell it). I am thinking about moving the post on the rescue playfield...the ball doesnt like to stay up there very long. Its the only post that I really think needs to be moved. The out lanes are fine, although TNPLH is still a drain monster if you arent careful.
I tell everyone: "This machine was BUILT to be nudged". I find myself bumping the crap out of it just to keep the ball out of the out lanes especially.

Rescue is the toughest to start...I always drain off the castle field just after opening the door or accidentally hit the search loop to add a ball. It's very difficult to start for me.

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

LTG : )™

IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0576.JPG
#535 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Will do.

#536 5 years ago

Or not. Lloyd beat me to it.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Rescue is the toughest to start...I always drain off the castle field just after opening the door or accidentally hit the search loop to add a ball. It's very difficult to start for me.

Dont you HAVE to add all 3 balls to start the rescue? I think I am confused on how to start it....Ill be down there after work today to figure it out!

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Do you have any pictures?

I'm wondering if my WOZ has this.

Never mind....

#539 5 years ago

Dont you HAVE to add all 3 balls to start the rescue? I think I am confused on how to start it....Ill be down there after work today to figure it out!

Rescue starts as a two ball multiball, and goes up from there. Once you get all the RESCUE targets on the castle playfield you can start it by breaking down the doors and getting into that saucer, OR you can add a ball to rescue by hitting the search loop (it turns green when it is ready to add a ball, and if you add one you need to hit all the RESCUE targets again). I think it goes up to a 5 ball multiball.

So he was saying that once he is under pressure to hit the shot through the doors, he drains off the upper playfield or accidentally hits the search loop to force him to then light all the RESCUE targets again.

I actually did move that post on the castle playfield (wimp). Although I have gotten better at the game, so I may move it back at some point.

#540 5 years ago

No, once you spell RESCUE, you can open the doors and shoot the ball in to start a 2 ball multiball OR you can shoot the loop (adding a ball to the upcoming multiball) and start spelling RESCUE again.

Post edited by herg: DaveH beat me to the draw

#541 5 years ago

GOTCHA! Perfect....its on now.

#542 5 years ago

Rescue MB:

I moved my post, it helped when i just got the game. but as time goes on, the thing that made me better about keeping the ball up on that PF was knowing when not to hit the flipper. For me at least, the majority of my drains from there came from the ball bouncing off something and then hitting the back side of the flipper and heading right for the exit.

Also, i dont even bother to hit the targets most of the time, i either try for the loop (each loop adds a letter) or i bash on the doors until they open and hit the VUK (each time you get in there it adds a letter)

Also, i dont know if its just mine or the setting my VUK up there is dialed in at (or the angle of the deflector), but half the time when it kicks out of the VUK, it rebounds off the flipper and goes right back in to the VUK, haha.

#543 5 years ago

Rescue MB:
I moved my post, it helped when i just got the game. but as time goes on, the thing that made me better about keeping the ball up on that PF was knowing when not to hit the flipper. For me at least, the majority of my drains from there came from the ball bouncing off something and then hitting the back side of the flipper and heading right for the exit.
Also, i dont even bother to hit the targets most of the time, i either try for the loop (each loop adds a letter) or i bash on the doors until they open and hit the VUK (each time you get in there it adds a letter)
Also, i dont know if its just mine or the setting my VUK up there is dialed in at (or the angle of the deflector), but half the time when it kicks out of the VUK, it rebounds off the flipper and goes right back in to the VUK, haha.

You get TWO rescue letters for a saucer hit behind the doors.

#544 5 years ago

Glad this thread is still going. I hope to join the club soon...

#545 5 years ago

just put up 100 plays now, still way behind learning the rules, this thread has helped out heaps

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You get TWO rescue letters for a saucer hit behind the doors.

No shit.....well, my strategy up there is going to change.

Words to the wise for people getting new machines. I have had to adjust the following items on my machine so far.

Tighten all screws on coil stops of all flippers

Make sure witch optos are aligned properly, the "screw" that the witch is on was grinding on one of mine and I noticed out of the blue yesterday. Had to bend it around to get it to align properly.

Make sure your house is calibrated properly. The feet on mine werent coming out at the proper 90 degree angle.

Im also having some issues with my sound. The little 1/8" mini plug that comes out of the chassis in the bottom of the cabinet seems to be loose or something. I had to kind of wiggle it during test to get the speech to sound right. It was sounding like it was really far away before. I need to open the chassis really...I just havent felt like digging that far.

Honestly, I love this game, but I cant believe how much I have had to do to a $10,000 machine out of the box.

#547 5 years ago

No shit.....well, my strategy up there is going to change.
Words to the wise for people getting new machines. I have had to adjust the following items on my machine so far.
Tighten all screws on coil stops of all flippers
Make sure witch optos are aligned properly, the "screw" that the witch is on was grinding on one of mine and I noticed out of the blue yesterday. Had to bend it around to get it to align properly.
Make sure your house is calibrated properly. The feet on mine werent coming out at the proper 90 degree angle.
Im also having some issues with my sound. The little 1/8" mini plug that comes out of the chassis in the bottom of the cabinet seems to be loose or something. I had to kind of wiggle it during test to get the speech to sound right. It was sounding like it was really far away before. I need to open the chassis really...I just havent felt like digging that far.
Honestly, I love this game, but I cant believe how much I have had to do to a $10,000 machine out of the box.

$10000?? as great as WOZ is, no machine is worth that much!

I'll second tightening all flipper coil stops...my left flipper coil just fell off one day.

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

$10000?? as great as WOZ is, no machine is worth that much!
I'll second tightening all flipper coil stops...my left flipper coil just fell off one day.

I was rounding....but it was $9749 with invisiglass for our RRWOZ....

#549 5 years ago

#550 5 years ago

Wow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 9782 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside