20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 306.
#5401 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It really depends on what is stacked. Best score I ever got I wasn’t nearly as far along as other scores. So basically you can play for points or play for progress... progress can produce high scores but it’s not guaranteed.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, Munchkin and Haunted modes during other MBs are key to big bonus points. Without that completing the individual modes won't net you super-high scores. If you can throw in a HOADC multiplier you can really do well.

Thks, Yes Im pretty much aware of this. At one time I had the second munchkin going along with CB "targets" (which is a higher scoring cb mode), EM mb along with rescue mb with 2 locked balls. In a past game, I remember getting a bonus of 300k, but this time it was like 60k and it was kind of a long ball. I'm not convinced after that game that the scoring is catching everything. I guess I would have to record a good game and see if anything is not scoring properly.

2 weeks later
#5402 5 years ago

question does jjp still make any WOZ with CC cabinets?

#5403 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Not that I know of.

#5404 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I don't think so but they could possibly have Radcals available for WOZ.

#5405 5 years ago

I saw a WOZ75 once that looked like it had a thick layer of lucite or acrylic sitting on top of the cabinet decals.
Is THAT what RadCals are? They were very sharp!

#5406 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I saw a WOZ75 once that looked like it had a thick layer of lucite or acrylic sitting on top of the cabinet decals.

Sounds like Radcals.

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Yes, that’s them. They look great, very shiny...worth the price? Debatable.

#5408 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They look great, very shiny...worth the price? Debatable.

I paid the extra $400.00 for my NIB 75th and got the radcals. Seemed like the right thing to do since I wanted a top of the line, mint in every way WOZ. However, I can tell you now that I've had it a while, my machine is in between other machines and even if it weren't I haven't given the cabinet a 2nd look since it came down the stairs. Some people maybe are cabinet loving people who really admire it, and perhaps in a bar or bar-cade of some kind, the side art would be critical to draw people in to play, but at home, not so much. I would probably buy them again for a machine that I KNOW is a keeper like WOZ is to me, but for any machine that I may or may not keep long term, I wouldn't spend the extra again. Nobody asked me for it... but that is my two cents. HAHA!

#5409 5 years ago

Finally joined the club after a long search. Ended up selling a Shadow, Genie and Roller Disco and using the funds to buy the Oz. Was planning to get a Ruby Red but ended up settling for a Limited that I was able to get locally. Love the game so far! Almost tempted to buy a Hobbit.

Haven't had a chance to check the CD manual, so does anyone know an easy way to reset the high scores, etc. on the game? Thanks for your help.

#5410 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

so does anyone know an easy way to reset the high scores, etc. on the game?

Hit the Enter button. Go to Full Menu - go to last one - Resets.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Haven't had a chance to check the CD manual,

Probably ancient. Go to jerseyjackpinball.com and under Support download the latest version of the manual.

LTG : )

#5411 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Finally joined the club after a long search. Ended up selling a Shadow, Genie and Roller Disco and using the funds to buy the Oz. Was planning to get a Ruby Red but ended up settling for a Limited that I was able to get locally. Love the game so far! Almost tempted to buy a Hobbit.
Haven't had a chance to check the CD manual, so does anyone know an easy way to reset the high scores, etc. on the game? Thanks for your help.

Its in the service menu. Thanks Lloyd !

#5412 5 years ago

Thanks very much for the assistance.

What do you use to clean the cabinet sides without damaging it? Think the previous owner liked the odd cigar.

#5413 5 years ago

how much of a PITA is it to change the sling rubber under the lanes (top right section)? Do i have to remove the ramp or the Munchkin PF?

Busted while we were playing this weekend.

#5414 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

how much of a PITA is it to change the sling rubber under the lanes (top right section)? Do i have to remove the ramp or the Munchkin PF?
Busted while we were playing this weekend.

This should help if it is the one you are referring to. I've had 2 white ones snap on mine, so far the black is holding up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-broken-rubber

#5415 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

I've had 2 white ones snap on mine, so far the black is holding up.

You can lower the upper slingshot strength a little too.

#5416 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks guys!

#5417 5 years ago

does anyone have any tips on how the to get this damn mega jackpot, I've done rescue like a zillion times and only been able to achieve it legitimately one time (starting to think I just got really, really lucky)
I usually try holding on to 2 multiballs before entering rescue and play them consecutively to extend rescue. Other then that and practice I'm not sure what else I could try.

It's probably the hardest diamond to achieve BY FAR! Seems like all the other diamonds are a cake walk now comparatively speaking. I was able to collect 6 at the most on 3 ball default play, and obviously the most elusive was that damn rescue mega jackpot, Think I needed like another 10 ybr as well. DAMN you WOZ one of these days!!!

#5418 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

does anyone have any tips on how the to get this damn mega jackpot, I've done rescue like a zillion times and only been able to achieve it legitimately one time (starting to think I just got really, really lucky)
I usually try holding on to 2 multiballs before entering rescue and play them consecutively to extend rescue. Other then that and practice I'm not sure what else I could try.
It's probably the hardest diamond to achieve BY FAR! Seems like all the other diamonds are a cake walk now comparatively speaking. I was able to collect 6 at the most on 3 ball default play, and obviously the most elusive was that damn rescue mega jackpot, Think I needed like another 10 ybr as well. DAMN you WOZ one of these days!!!

I believe it is hit all 6 main playfield shots 3 times, then hit the 6 targets on the witch castle playfield to spell RESCUE, and then hit the search loop and one-time that ball into the scoop. I think I have only done it once but I have been coming close fairly often recently now that I got some confidence and understanding with it.

#5419 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe it is hit all 6 main playfield shots 3 times, then hit the 6 targets on the witch castle playfield to spell RESCUE, .

SUPER HARD!! think I'm just gonna practice it with the glass off (so I can restart it over and over). figure once I can start hitting it 1 out of 5 times I'm ready to legitimately try the main game again. I'll check back in 5 years when I get good enough .

Quoted from DCFAN:

I think I have only done it once but I have been coming close fairly often recently now that I got some confidence and understanding with it.

the main reason I got comfortable finally with the game as a whole is by playing through the game with the glass off and catching drains, so I completely understood every mode and how to finish them. The first time I've ever done this with any game I've owned, but this was the one with the most complex rule set. I really didn't want to watch the tutorial another 20 times, learning rules this way stuck with me more then anything else I've done with this game. Especially during the beginning, when finishing one mode was impossible. I'd like to finish this game someday, so I can move on to another long game like LOTR or pirates. Who knows maybe it'll never happen , but I'm gonna keep trying damnit!!

#5420 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'd like to finish this game someday, so I can move on to another long game like LOTR or pirates. Who knows maybe it'll never happen , but I'm gonna keep trying damnit!!

I think most humans will never see the end of the game no matter how much they play. I know I won't.

#5421 5 years ago

Need your input fellow WOZ owners. I have have gone back and forth about getting one for over a year and finally going to do it. I have 2 great options near me:
1) ECLE - 2015 older boards around 800 plays seller asking 8250
2) Ruby Red 2017 model, flawless 250 plays seller asking 9000.

Both seem high on price what would you guys recommend ? Both machine and price thank you!

#5422 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Need your input fellow WOZ owners. I have have gone back and forth about getting one for over a year and finally going to do it. I have 2 great options near me:
Both seem high on price what would you guys recommend ? Both machine and price thank you!

How old are the boards? 5v ones or 7.5v ones? Do you like the red trim or green trim? Care to have the wood apron? Only available on the ECLE. Which topper do you prefer? Check the monitor resolution as well...really old ones are connected via the VGA cable and have a slightly worse resolution.

The RR version has a few upgrades from the factory: molded castle walls, Toto basket, tornado, and lollipop targets. Do those interest you?

Is the price difference worth it? Up to you, though they both seem about a grand or more high on price.

#5423 5 years ago

Thanks Pimp77 I’m leaning towards the RR, also single owner the ECLE is multiple. I was thinking fair price would be 8500.00 is that high?

#5424 5 years ago

If both games are immaculate, I would get the ECLE woz.
It has some features that you might want as far as collectability.

Wooden apron is really a nice touch.
Screen printed clear coated cabinet is just beautiful.

The 7.5v light boards are proven and reliable and exist in both RR and ECLE versions.

The current and newer versions of the RR have the 2.0 light system same as the hobbit system.

Peronally I like the green version better.

The RR version is the 75th anniversary version and has cool toys added from Matt at backally creations.

The 3 toys can be easily added to any of the versions if you like. So they are not as exclusive as one would think.

All of the games play exactly the same and have the exact same playfield and software code.

So its really whether you like red or green.

Or if you want the latest and greatest get a NIB RR one with the 2.0 light system.

#5425 5 years ago

Thanks pinballinreno this is very helpful knowledge. What mods would I need to basically make it match the RR edition?

I Think it’s the caste walls, Toto And tornado?

#5426 5 years ago

Hi there. Just want to mention that for $9000, you can get a NIB RR. No need to buy used. You will have the comfort of a fresh warranty and can probably get the 2.0 boards.

#5427 5 years ago

Thanks pimp77 I’m leaning towards the RR, also single owner the ECLE is multiple. I was thinking fair price would be 8500.00 is that high?

I wouldn’t spend more than $8k on a used one personally...YMMV.

#5428 5 years ago

Thanks pinballinreno this is very helpful knowledge. What mods would I need to basically make it match the RR edition?

If your playing on carpet do yourself a favor and spend the extra 800 for the 2.0 boards. I've replaced over 30 light boards on my RR while it was on route (on carpet), haven't had to replace one since it's been back at my house (on tile). a lot of it depends on how often you clean it, what you clean it with. I talked to a tech at JJP he recommended only cleaning it with wizards mist and shine (he said they did tests with novus and it produces a static coefficient of ?? something). The electronic components are very sensitive to static electricity. I'm probably in the far end of the spectrum for failures, but there were many people with the same issues.

If your careful you should be fine either way though. Currently I'm waiting to see if they ever release a 2.0 kit for the game (been talk of it for years now though).

#5429 5 years ago

I definitely like the green trim myself. Seems to fit better.

#5430 5 years ago

I went the safe route and bought a rrwoz manufactured after dec 15 2016 . That is when they moved to the 2.0 system which is very good. You sld b able to get a nice huo one for 8250 or around 8400 with the awesome red smoke witch mod. It also has all the updates and fixes which is nice. Or you can get a nib for 9-9500 .

#5431 5 years ago

Get the complete kit from Matt at
Back ally creations

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

If your playing on carpet do yourself a favor and spend the extra 800 for the 2.0 boards. I've replaced over 30 light boards on my RR while it was on route (on carpet), haven't had to replace one since it's been back at my house (on tile). a lot of it depends on how often you clean it, what you clean it with. I talked to a tech at JJP he recommended only cleaning it with wizards mist and shine (he said they did tests with novus and it produces a static coefficient of ?? something). The electronic components are very sensitive to static electricity. I'm probably in the far end of the spectrum for failures, but there were many people with the same issues.
If your careful you should be fine either way though. Currently I'm waiting to see if they ever release a 2.0 kit for the game (been talk of it for years now though).

I suspect you have a grounding issue if static is a factor.

I have 10000 plays on my eclewoz.
I have replaced 2 of the mini led boards in 4 years.
It's the 7.5v version.

I would have to agree that the 2.0 electronics are more robust but the 7.5v system is also very good.

I would have no worries about the 7.5v boards.

#5433 5 years ago

For 9000 would for sure go with a NIB RR with 2.0 boards.

#5434 5 years ago

Thanks for all the input guys, so the lowest he will go on the ECLE is 7500. I’d be willing to do it for 7250

Question, where can I get a nib for 9k?? If I could find that price I’d be all about it... cheapest I have seen is 9500+shipping

#5435 5 years ago

Thanks for all the input guys, so the lowest he will go on the ECLE is 7500. I’d be willing to do it for 7250
Question, where can I get a nib for 9k?? If I could find that price I’d be all about it... cheapest I have seen is 9500+shipping

Call around. I bought mine from Automated Services 2 years ago and got a very good price, right around that. I have a Dialed In coming tomorrow from them.

#5436 5 years ago

Finally made it to the Melt The Witch mini mode had it for just as long as the ball save lasts zero hits a quick death but finally starting to make some progress on this game - the darn rescue multiple mode is definitely my weekness on getting there practice practice practice - what a min rush

#5437 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Finally made it to the Melt The Witch mini mode had it for just as long as the ball save lasts zero hits a quick death but finally starting to make some progress on this game - the darn rescue multiple mode is definitely my weekness on getting there practice practice practice - what a min rush

Melt the Witch is tough! Short ball save, only two balls, tense music. It is a great mode though. I make it there every once and a while and melt the witch maybe 10% of the time. When I do, it is a great feeling and a really cool ending and victory mode. It is meant to be tough — to make the reward all that much more rewarding.

#5438 5 years ago

7500 is not too bad a price for a low play ECLE huo

#5439 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

7500 is not too bad a price for a low play ECLE huo

Agreed, seems reasonable to me

#5440 5 years ago

I suspect you have a grounding issue if static is a factor.
I have 10000 plays on my eclewoz.
I have replaced 2 of the mini led boards in 4 years.
It's the 7.5v version.
I would have to agree that the 2.0 electronics are more robust but the 7.5v system is also very good.
I would have no worries about the 7.5v boards.

I had 3 other machines on the same circuit and no issues with those. All brand new conduit, outlets and wires installed by yours truly. I wish it was a ground issue but, I don't think it was. I even suspected that might of been the case, so I moved it to another circuit that I installed. In which another 3 games were on and it didn't help.

I remember getting a replacement batch of 6 boards and 2 didn't work out of the box. that happened multiple times usually 1 out of 5 replacement boards they sent me were DOA.

#5441 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I had 3 other machines on the same circuit and no issues with those. All brand new conduit, outlets and wires installed by yours truly. I wish it was a ground issue but, I don't think it was.

Some type of internal ground fault?

I'm just thinking aloud...

#5442 5 years ago

Some type of internal ground fault?
I'm just thinking aloud...

you might be right, just wish it would manifest itself differently.

#5443 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

you might be right, just wish it would manifest itself differently.

Really hard to trace

#5444 5 years ago

The only thing is, I've had it at my house for close to a year now. obviously it doesn't get played as much, but I haven't had any issues since.

not a bad thought though.

#5445 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

The only thing is, I've had it at my house for close to a year now. obviously it doesn't get played as much, but I haven't had any issues since.
not a bad thought though.

Could be something as simple as dirty power from the wall AC. A line filter or uninterruptible power supply might have solved it.

I have had computers in some locations that continually get blown up even though we check the voltage and the current in the wall. Putting in line filters and uninterruptible power supplies solved the problem at those locations for me.

The other issues had been power outages and power fluctuations this type of bad power is really hard on electronics.

#5446 5 years ago

Can someone post a pic of how three wires connect to the 3 lugs on the lower pf upper flipper? (The skill shot flipper).

#5447 5 years ago

Has anyone had issues with this board? WOZLED6

23890 (resized).jpeg23890 (resized).jpeg

#5448 5 years ago

skillshot (resized).jpgskillshot (resized).jpg

#5449 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not common for that one to have issues. But even if rare, it could be a problem. ( from tech support experience )

#5450 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That was the one that went bad on me when my game was fairly new. The replacement has been solid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/109?hl=marvello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.