BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 305.
#5351 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

If I get the 10 Yellow brick roads,extra ball is lit at the throne room.Why don't I get the EB when making the shot?
I'm looking at the settings for adjustments ,but not seeing it.
Thanks Matt.

If you have the software set to defer extra balls to be played at the end of the game then the shoot again light does not light.
See if the extra ball is showing on the screen in the balls remaining graphic.

#5352 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

If I get the 10 Yellow brick roads,extra ball is lit at the throne room.Why don't I get the EB when making the shot?
I'm looking at the settings for adjustments ,but not seeing it.
Thanks Matt.

Go into switch tests and check the switch with a ball, not your finger.
It may just be a little loose.

#5353 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Go into switch tests and check the switch with a ball, not your finger.
It may just be a little loose.

I believe it is an opto.

#5354 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe it is an opto.

Oops, I think so too, thanks.
Maybe needs cleaning with a cue-tip? Or a loose/cracked wire?

#5355 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If you have the software set to defer extra balls to be played at the end of the game then the shoot again light does not light.
See if the extra ball is showing on the screen in the balls remaining graphic.

Great point. But I think the extra ball animation and callout should still play right?

#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Great point. But I think the extra ball animation and callout should still play right?

Yes, unless you have the extra balls turned off in one of the settings.

#5357 5 years ago

If it was the switch, wouldn't the ball fail to kick out?

#5358 5 years ago

Thanks for your help Woz fans.

The Wizard Mystery extra ball memory was turned off.I mucked around too much with the settings when I first got the game 7 months ago.

I was getting a call out from the game saying something like 'I think you have lit the extra ball,but I'm not sure'

#5359 5 years ago

Got my WOZ 75th 2.0 replacement today. It has topper, no buzzing sound, monkey grabs the ball.

Perfect!

We can start to enjoy this game.

IMG_3234 (resized).JPGIMG_3234 (resized).JPG

IMG_3231 (resized).JPGIMG_3231 (resized).JPG

#5360 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Got my WOZ 75th 2.0 replacement today.

Congrats! Get a munchkin playfield edge protector for it.It will chip near the ramp entry.

#5361 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm still waiting to receive a couple GI replacement boards for two that have definite hardware problems - one stuck on violet, one has the LED out completely. Meanwhile I've been trying to address four others (both sling GIs, one was just replaced, a right return GI and the lower crystal ball GI) that will not display green so white is blue, I thought it was a connector problem because wiggling the power connector on them would temporarily fix them. But after a little while, and its been getting shorter and shorter between, the problem comes back. I removed two of the boards from the bottom of the PF but left them connected and both do the same thing now, I can hold the board firmly by the sides and wiggle the connectors all I want but it's not until I actually flex the board that it starts working properly. This makes me think there is a bad solder joint somewhere that fails when hot and flexing it temporarily resolves it. I have reflowed all the connector pins so I know it's not them. I'm going to order a hot air re-work station and some solder paste and try to reflow the ICs and the actual LED to see if I can fix these.

Update on my status with these problems, I installed the two new boards and one of them (Under munchin lower GI) failed after two games. It failed so badly that all lights down the string from it were either on constantly or didn't light at all. The board is always on (even before the LEDs initialize which is unusual) with a purple color so I had to bypass it. I'll call Frank on Monday and hopefully they'll replace that without me having to pay another $17 in shipping! All the other boards that were frequently not displaying white I have reflowed the chip on while adding a little solder paste and so far they are all working perfectly even when the game is left on for many hours. It appears that the same pin on that chip on all these boards does not have enough solder on it, clearly a manufacturing defect where not enough paste was screened onto that pad before the chip is placed and reflowed. I have one more to do but so far I'm four for four on fixing them using this method. My $60 SMD workstation has easily paid for itself at this point.

#5362 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

My $60 SMD workstation has easily paid for itself at this point.

What is this?

#5363 5 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITMPQS2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01

Works pretty well though it would be nice if the airflow could be set even lower.

#5364 5 years ago

I am looking at a Ruby Red that was manufactured in 2015. Do any of the Ruby Reds have the problematic light boards? Thanks very much.

#5365 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I am looking at a Ruby Red that was manufactured in 2015. Do any of the Ruby Reds have the problematic light boards? Thanks very much.

Early run RR's have the 1.x boards (I forget the cutoff date), however, just because it may have the older boards does not mean its going to fail. That being said, If I were purchasing one now my preference would be for one with 2.0 boards. Just ask the seller to confirm, you can easily see on the boards which version they are.

#5366 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Will almost certainly have the 7.5V light boards which is what I have. Doesn't guarantee you'll have problems by any means but they aren't as solid as the 2.0 system they eventually converted to.

#5367 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

2.0 system was in machines built on or after dec 15 2016.....

#5368 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for the quick response. JJ tech support was very helpful if you ever want to confirm any details on a game you are looking at buying.

#5369 5 years ago

Been looking for something to fill the space between the speakers. Found this on eBay, think it looks pretty sharp - what do you think?

C69C55CC-8594-4EB4-AF47-08282FC7FFD9 (resized).jpegC69C55CC-8594-4EB4-AF47-08282FC7FFD9 (resized).jpeg

#5370 5 years ago

The Mod Couple is please to announce our next WOZ castle home improvement Mod! The WOZ Custom authentic replacement door set!!! After completing our Castle lantern Mod we noticed quickly when lit how sad the castle doors now looked. You can't keep Dorothy captive with a door made of Stickers!! Plus Any thief can take out a screw and release her, duh! So we decided to finish the look of of this wonderful castle with some authentic wood grain 3D high impact doors. All Three! The door set was fine tuned to ensure play was not effected for aesthetics. Each door set is Hand painted and grained for a unique and Custom look fitting of the witches castle! The old door screw hardware is Hidden for a cleaner look! Also note, the Right monkey door has added length screws for a soon to be released #Gouveia (maker of the awesome red smoke witch mod) next release which will work perfectly with our door design! Castle Door set includes full color instructions, set of (3) doors, and all mounting hardware. Order a set and finish the room off right! Custom door set begins shipping Monday and we are accepting orders now. Kit is $42 plus $7.25 US shipping. Send a PM for inquiry or purchase at this time. Save Dorothy from Ugly sticker doors!!!

IMG_0888 (resized).jpgIMG_0888 (resized).jpg

IMG_0905 (resized).jpgIMG_0905 (resized).jpg

IMG_0908 (resized).jpgIMG_0908 (resized).jpg

IMG_0805 (resized).jpgIMG_0805 (resized).jpg

#5371 5 years ago

I bought mine new,built, Oct. 2014. No light board problems. A few other problems, though. Still love the game. Like all pinballs, it needs maintenance.

#5372 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Been looking for something to fill the space between the speakers. Found this on eBay, think it looks pretty sharp - what do you think?

I went with a more stock look myself

IMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPG

IMG_5022 (resized).JPGIMG_5022 (resized).JPG

#5373 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I went with a more stock look myself

That looks awesome! May I ask where you got it?

#5374 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

That looks awesome! May I ask where you got it?

Made it from a high res pic online, came out pretty well if I say so my self

#5375 5 years ago

A client of mine got his Ruby Red Woz delivered today and he asked if I would like to help set it up with him. I jumped at the opportunity. This machine truly is a work of art and it's built like a "Brick Shithouse". I was very impressed by the quality of the entire machine. JJP did an excellent job designing and engineering this machine.

IMG_20180406_102600404 (resized).jpgIMG_20180406_102600404 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180406_110115488 (resized).jpgIMG_20180406_110115488 (resized).jpg

#5376 5 years ago

Does anyone have Pinstadium lights on their WOZ? If so, can u post some pics.

#5377 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Does anyone have Pinstadium lights on their WOZ? If so, can u post some pics.

I have them with GI integration and UV Glow flashers on mine and love it, makes the game much better in a dark room. Here are a couple videos I posted and there are some that Scott posted as well. What do you want pictures of?

#5378 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have them with GI integration and UV Glow flashers on mine and love it, makes the game much better in a dark room. Here are a couple videos I posted and there are some that Scott posted as well. What do you want pictures of?
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

The videos are perfect. Out of the games I own, I think WOZ needs it the most.

#5379 5 years ago

Played WOZ for 2 weeks. Currently my highest score is about 550K. 3 ball game, Home + Easy setting, narrowed both outlanes, 7 seconds ball saving.

I only did Wicked Witch once and didn't win...

For me, the hardest parts are ... get into crystal ball, Dorothy rescue multi ball (I also moved the castle post but it seems not helping much).

I really love this game.

I am thinking to get a preowned The Hobbit because I am not satisfied with just one pinball machine

#5380 5 years ago

So can anyone give me an idea of what kit is "best" for brightening up the game - especially in a dark room? The game is dark enough that I frequently lose track of the ball.

I know of the kit from pinballbulbs.com and the pin stadium kit, but the pin stadium stuff seems a little overkill for what I am trying to accomplish.

Does anyone else make a "plug and play" kit that works well?

I was thinking of simply making some molex "Y" connectors and adding some additional spotlights to the GI circuit on top of the slings, etc.

Opinions?

#5381 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

So can anyone give me an idea of what kit is "best" for brightening up the game - especially in a dark room? The game is dark enough that I frequently lose track of the ball.
I know of the kit from pinballbulbs.com and the pin stadium kit, but the pin stadium stuff seems a little overkill for what I am trying to accomplish.
I was thinking of simply making some molex "Y" connectors and adding some additional spotlights to the GI circuit on top of the slings, etc.
Opinions?

Yep spots will b just fine imo... and cheap to do

#5382 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Played WOZ for 2 weeks. Currently my highest score is about 550K. 3 ball game, Home + Easy setting, narrowed both outlanes, 7 seconds ball saving.
I only did Wicked Witch once and didn't win...
For me, the hardest parts are ... get into crystal ball, Dorothy rescue multi ball (I also moved the castle post but it seems not helping much).
I really love this game.
I am thinking to get a preowned The Hobbit because I am not satisfied with just one pinball machine

Just a tip, but an easy way to get the crystal ball is during multiball when you have two balls cradled on the left flipper — a quick flip will send one to the crystal ball. It also helps to stack because the crystal ball modes give 2x playfield scoring, so really good if you can strategically time it with a MB and perhaps a Munchkin mode.

Also, beating the wicked witch is one of the greatest feelings in pinball. It is rare but definitely doable. You wouldn’t want it to be too easy.

#5383 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just a tip, but an easy way to get the crystal ball is during multiball when you have two balls cradled on the left flipper — a quick flip will send one to the crystal ball. It also helps to stack because the crystal ball modes give 2x playfield scoring, so really good if you can strategically time it with a MB and perhaps a Munchkin mode.
Also, beating the wicked witch is one of the greatest feelings in pinball. It is rare but definitely doable. You wouldn’t want it to be too easy.

Funny you say that because I have a better chance of Melting the Witch than making that cradled backhand flip to the Crystal Ball. Not that I get to Melt her often but I have a really hard time getting two balls cradled on the left and when I do I always miss the CB shot.

#5384 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I did the spots and it worked out great. Purchased all the parts from JJP. No connector from them but they were easy to splice in. Remember they are 12 volt.

spot lamps 008 (resized).JPGspot lamps 008 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 009 (resized).JPGspot lamps 009 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 010 (resized).JPGspot lamps 010 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 011 (resized).JPGspot lamps 011 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 012 (resized).JPGspot lamps 012 (resized).JPG

#5385 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Opinions?

I did the kit from Pinball Bulbs and that worked great with the under backbox and trough lights in addition to the spots. - Totally playable in the dark. The game should have come this way.

I then did the Pinstadium kit as well and that is more than enough. Absolutely amazing how bright your game will become with the Stadium rails. Only downside is that it is super good at illuminating dust on the underside of the glass too. If that kind of thing drives you nuts (like me) then I would suggest sticking to the pinballbulbs kits.

#5386 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Funny you say that because I have a better chance of Melting the Witch than making that cradled backhand flip to the Crystal Ball. Not that I get to Melt her often but I have a really hard time getting two balls cradled on the left and when I do I always miss the CB shot.

I suppose it depends upon the individual pin, the level you have it set out, and how else you have dialed it in. But, I think most are able to readily backhand the crystal ball shot with two balls cradled. In fact, they added a penalty into the code to prevent people from doing it over and over. If you do it three times in a row without hitting any other switches, you get no hold flippers for the rest of the ball. I find it useful to actually use this techique during battle the wicked witch. I'll get at least two shots on a target by hitting the CB and then go for another switch.

#5387 5 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I did the spots and it worked out great. Purchased all the parts from JJP. No connector from them but they were easy to splice in. Remember they are 12 volt.

That looks nice. Did you do all the soldering and heat shrinking on the spots or did they come that way from JJP? If you did them then that's some nice work. Also, do you happen to know the length of the spacers you used for the spots? That would help me out a bunch if I decide to go that route and make them myself.

Quoted from fnosm:

I did the kit from Pinball Bulbs and that worked great with the under backbox and trough lights in addition to the spots. - Totally playable in the dark. The game should have come this way.
I then did the Pinstadium kit as well and that is more than enough. Absolutely amazing how bright your game will become with the Stadium rails. Only downside is that it is super good at illuminating dust on the underside of the glass too. If that kind of thing drives you nuts (like me) then I would suggest sticking to the pinballbulbs kits.

Thanks for the info on that. What I really like about the stadiums is they are interactive with the GI and flashers. But I certainly don't like the cost. I am thinking $280 for a set fully optioned is pretty damn expensive. My understanding is the latest kit from pinballbulbs.com has 2 fewer spots but brighter bulbs. There is also no longer a need for the power supply board - probably because they have switched to 12v bulbs. They also stay on at all times too. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not when playing some of the "dark" modes on the game.

#5388 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

They also stay on at all times too. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not when playing some of the "dark" modes on the game.

For me there is no joy in playing a game where it is so dark I can't see the ball. That is why I added extra lights. I fixed my Pinball Stadium rails so they are always on as well. This is just my personal preference.

#5389 5 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

It looks really great with the white leds like you have done and not the horrible purple leds that a lot of people put in. Great job!

#5390 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

That looks nice. Did you do all the soldering and heat shrinking on the spots or did they come that way from JJP? If you did them then that's some nice work. Also, do you happen to know the length of the spacers you used for the spots? That would help me out a bunch if I decide to go that route and make them myself.

Hi
I did the shrink tube, the posts are the same as used on the one by the wizard head.

#5391 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

It looks really great with the white leds like you have done and not the horrible purple leds that a lot of people put in. Great job!

Thank you

#5392 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I suppose it depends upon the individual pin, the level you have it set out, and how else you have dialed it in. But, I think most are able to readily backhand the crystal ball shot with two balls cradled. In fact, they added a penalty into the code to prevent people from doing it over and over. If you do it three times in a row without hitting any other switches, you get no hold flippers for the rest of the ball. I find it useful to actually use this techique during battle the wicked witch. I'll get at least two shots on a target by hitting the CB and then go for another switch.

Yeah, never meant to imply that the shot's not doable for most people - it just isn't for me. Then again I'm more of a flail like crazy multiball player, I have a horrible habit of looking at the balls that are up the playfield and subsequently drilling them with a ball from the flippers.

#5393 5 years ago

Anyone else have this issue:

Sometimes when I get a particularly intense scenario going all at the same time (multiple multiballs active, witches orb mode, munchkin, etc), my light boards will have a stroke and half the field freezes. This also loves to happen in games where I am about to hit GC and enter Melt the Witch....

Usually after a reboot it goes back to normal but sometimes its the precursor to yet another dead light board. Anyone else seen this behavior?

#5394 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

but sometimes its the precursor to yet another dead light board.

Could be a loose connector or loose wire in a connector to one of the LED boards.

LTG : )

#5395 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could be a loose connector or loose wire in a connector to one of the LED boards.
LTG : )

I've been through those damn board connections so many times....I'll look again because it does make sense with 5 balls flying around something might dislodge for a second and make it go crazy.

#5396 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Anyone else have this issue:
Sometimes when I get a particularly intense scenario going all at the same time (multiple multiballs active, witches orb mode, munchkin, etc), my light boards will have a stroke and half the field freezes. This also loves to happen in games where I am about to hit GC and enter Melt the Witch....
Usually after a reboot it goes back to normal but sometimes its the precursor to yet another dead light board. Anyone else seen this behavior?

I had that exact issue.
It ended up being a loose main cable that was plugged into the main computer (silver box).

Refresh those connectors first by plugging and unplugging.
With the game on and coin door open and with the playfield in the outer most service position:
Grab and lift the coiled harnesses behind the silver box a bit, one by one and look if the lights alter on the playfield in attract mode.

This is how I found the loose cable and others by starting at the bottom and gently working my way up.

#5397 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, never meant to imply that the shot's not doable for most people - it just isn't for me. Then again I'm more of a flail like crazy multiball player, I have a horrible habit of looking at the balls that are up the playfield and subsequently drilling them with a ball from the flippers.

I hear you. I'm by no means an expert at multi ball, but I do try to get the balls under control when I can. I find it critical in battle the wicked witch. That wizard mode is too dangerous with the short ball saver and only two balls to have them flying around uncontrollably.

#5398 5 years ago

Had what I thought was my best game ever on woz. Collected 5 emeralds, most I ever had was 3. Did not complete rescue, fireball frenzy and did not liquidate the witch. Had 2 tries. At one time or more I had haunted forest mb, munchkin frenzy, rescue and EC mb running. The game was about 40 minutes. What I don't understand is why my score was only 1.84 mil (4th best). There is so much going on I wonder if the scoring can "catch-up" for lack of a better word. As far as I can tell everything scores when I test, although when multiple modes are happening, then I don't know. Really thought I would have at least been in the 2 to 3 mil range. Flippers did get pretty weak about 3/4 through game. I've had much shorter games with a lot less happening and have managed to score a million. Doesn't make sense that this game was not a higher score.

#5399 5 years ago

It really depends on what is stacked. Best score I ever got I wasn’t nearly as far along as other scores. So basically you can play for points or play for progress... progress can produce high scores but it’s not guaranteed.

#5400 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It really depends on what is stacked. Best score I ever got I wasn’t nearly as far along as other scores. So basically you can play for points or play for progress... progress can produce high scores but it’s not guaranteed.

Yeah, Munchkin and Haunted modes during other MBs are key to big bonus points. Without that completing the individual modes won't net you super-high scores. If you can throw in a HOADC multiplier you can really do well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.