BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 305.
#5301 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is that their Cherry Red or Fireball?
If you could post a picture or two that would be appreciated.
Anyone use the Modfather RR shooter and housing ? Pics? Comments?
Also not to get too off topic but I see that Chrome Candy has painted leg bolts. Anyone have experience with these and can comment on how well the paint holds up to wrenching?

I believe it's Rockstar Red but could be Cherry Red, I asked which one was the closest match and they sent me the link. They weren't on their site yet at the time. Here are a couple pictures.

20180321_170611 (resized).jpg20180321_170611 (resized).jpg

20180321_170618 (resized).jpg20180321_170618 (resized).jpg

20180321_170637 (resized).jpg20180321_170637 (resized).jpg

#5302 5 years ago

I went with color changing myself

IMG_4761 (resized).JPGIMG_4761 (resized).JPG

IMG_4829 (resized).JPGIMG_4829 (resized).JPG

#5303 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

What grease do you recommend?

Any light grease. I use one for the chain drive on garage door openers.

LTG : )

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any light grease. I use one for the chain drive on garage door openers.

Thank you!

#5305 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the problem returns. I'd clean off the old grease and put on new.

The only grease I have around the house is wheel bearing grease.

Will that work?

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The only grease I have around the house is wheel bearing grease.
Will that work?

I think that stuff tends to be pretty heavy. A little dab of White Lithium Grease availablr from any hardware store smeared along the screw gear is fine (same as garage door stuff).

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I went with color changing myself

Nice legs, is that an available mod?

#5308 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I think that stuff tends to be pretty heavy. A little dab of White Lithium Grease availablr from any hardware store smeared along the screw gear is fine (same as garage door stuff).

That's what I was thinking...

Already have it on my list of things to get at the hardware store soon.

Thanks

#5309 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yup, that's what I use

#5310 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Nice legs, is that an available mod?

Yup, picked up my bottomer on Amazon

#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is that their Cherry Red or Fireball?
If you could post a picture or two that would be appreciated.
Anyone use the Modfather RR shooter and housing ? Pics? Comments?
Also not to get too off topic but I see that Chrome Candy has painted leg bolts. Anyone have experience with these and can comment on how well the paint holds up to wrenching?

There fireball color for both the shooter, housing and the leg bolts is an Exact match for the WOZRR. The other red options are nice but they do not have the same flake or color match. Very much like the addition of all of these from Chrome Candy at a fair price. For the Leg bolts, there isn't much wrenching as you simply install them and done. I did however apply a small piece of painters tape prior to socket wrench and torqued slowly just in case. All look Amazing!

#5312 5 years ago

Yup, picked up my bottomer on Amazon

Thanks, just picked up a set.

#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Mike from Automated Service and Jack made it right. WOZ 2.0 is on the way for exchange.

Really glad to hear they took care of you and made this right!!! CONGRATS!

When I had this exact same issue with Automated, it was still only two months after they began shipping the 2.0 system. I guess Automated didn't feel obligated to do anything for me, and all Jack could do was repeatedly assure me what a great guy Mike is. LOL.

But almost a full YEAR after the 2.0 changeover....for Automated to try and pull that crap with you.......pfft. That was COMPLETELY unacceptable, and I am VERY pleased to hear they acknowledged it, and took steps to make it right. I'd be willing to bet Jack had to talk Automated into doing the right thing!

JJP is a phenomenal company when it comes to customer support. They took real good care of me when I had issues with my WOZ (unrelated to the lighting) and that's why I had no reservations about getting Dialed In. Then, when I had some quality issues with my DILE, JJP remembered who I was, and to show their appreciation for my repeat business, and my patience with WOZ issues, they (along with Hemispheres Amusements, a kickass IL distributor!) went 200% ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure I was happy with my DILE.

I'm not wild about the POTC theme (game looks crazy fun though!) but I am super excited to see what's in store for JJP#5 and I absolutely will own a third JJP machine in the not too distant future!

CONGRATS again on a pleasant resolution to your NIB WOZ75 purchase!

#5314 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

'm not wild about the POTC theme (game looks crazy fun though!) but I am super excited to see what's in store for JJP#5 and I absolutely will own a third JJP machine in the not too distant future!

You are not alone is being nonplussed by the license. But believe me and everyone that has played this game. It ROCKS! Its hard to understand just how awesome this game is until you get to flip it a bit. JJPOTC is the pinnacle of pinball technology and it is a blast to play.

I played it at TPF this past weekend and was blown away. I kept going back for more. Collectively over the weekend I spent hours in line waiting to get another turn. Hate the license but you are going to love this game.

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

You are not alone is being nonplussed by the license. But believe me and everyone that has played this game. It ROCKS! Its hard to understand just how awesome this game is until you get to flip it a bit. JJPOTC is the pinnacle of pinball technology and it is a blast to play.
I played it at TPF this past weekend and was blown away. I kept going back for more. Collectively over the weekend I spent hours in line waiting to get another turn. Hate the license but you are going to love this game.

Did you put the deposit on JJPOTC?

#5316 5 years ago

Hello,

I have a 75th manufactured in August 2014. Led boards are rev 1.4, and the large ones have a small PCB under the connector plus a wire that was obviously added after the card design. Are these ones safe? Had no problem for 3 1/2 years (game is rarely played) , but a friend with a standard edition and the same cards has leds dying one after the other.... are there also different batches of leds themselves?

#5317 5 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

Hello,
I have a 75th manufactured in August 2014. Led boards are rev 1.4, and the large ones have a small PCB under the connector plus a wire that was obviously added after the card design. Are these ones safe? Had no problem for 3 1/2 years (game is rarely played) , but a friend with a standard edition and the same cards has leds dying one after the other.... are there also different batches of leds themselves?

There are 2 different mini cards out right now and they are for sale on the JJP website under the store heading.
There are pictures there also if you want to compare yours.

I have had only 2 fail in 4 years and they are super simple to bypass or install as replacements.
If you are concerned about them JJP offers a 5 pack at a discount for your spare parts box.

But for the most part they dont fail very often.

#5318 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Did you put the deposit on JJPOTC?

No, but it took every ounce of fiber in my soul to hold off.
I want to wait until the CE package is finalized before deciding between the CE & LE.
Then I will get in the queue.

#5319 5 years ago

I finally cracked a million today after owning the game 4 months....not a big deal to most here but I was pumped

#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I finally cracked a million today after owning the game 4 months....not a big deal to most here but I was pumped

I've owned mine for over two years and anything over a million is still a great game, even if it doesn't make the leader board - congrats! I just had one last night where I thought I was just doing okay, lost the ball and have 400K of bonus points!

#5321 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I’ve only done it once. 1.5 mill is still my GC score, but haven’t cracked a million since.

#5322 5 years ago

There are no bugles in a castle! lol The Mod Couple is proud to introduce our newest mod upgrade for one of our Favorite games Wizard of OZ! While there are Many really Awesome castle wall upgrades available it always bothered us seeing that odd megaphone bugle lamp in the castle? So this is our spin to rid the castles of OZ of bugles and introduce our custom WOZ Castle Lantern Spot Lamp Mod! Fully plug and play and designed to work with All WOZ models! Each lamp is hand painted for a more authentic witchy castle look! Player viewable sides have red lenses and true flame image for a premium accent look. As function is just as important, the front is still open and offers the same spot light brightness as originally designed! (Can't have a monkey sneak out on you!) Kit includes fully assembled lamp assembly with plug and play harness and both a screw mount flange and provided removable adhesive mount. Also includes full color step by step instructions for simple installation. Bulb is not included as you already have the correct one in your Bugle! Plus you have the option to change spot colors for that purple Paisley Park look.?! As always we offer and sell our products when they are Done! They are now in Stock and available to ship next day. PM for purchase and any questions! WOZ Castle Lantern Spot lamp kits are $39 plus 6.95 US shipping. Thank you as Always for your interest in our product creations!!

The Mod Couple!

IMG_0762 (resized).jpgIMG_0762 (resized).jpg

IMG_0755 (resized).jpgIMG_0755 (resized).jpg

IMG_0803 (resized).jpgIMG_0803 (resized).jpg

IMG_0804 (resized).jpgIMG_0804 (resized).jpg

IMG_0766 (resized).jpgIMG_0766 (resized).jpg

#5323 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There are no bugles in a castle! lol The Mod Couple is proud to introduce our newest mod upgrade for one of our Favorite games Wizard of OZ! While there are Many really Awesome castle wall upgrades available it always bothered us seeing that odd megaphone bugle lamp in the castle? So this is our spin to rid the castles of OZ of bugles and introduce our custom WOZ Castle Lantern Spot Lamp Mod! Fully plug and play and designed to work with All WOZ models! Each lamp is hand painted for a more authentic witchy castle look! Player viewable sides have red lenses and true flame image for a premium accent look. As function is just as important, the front is still open and offers the same spot light brightness as originally designed! (Can't have a monkey sneak out on you!) Kit includes fully assembled lamp assembly with plug and play harness and both a screw mount flange and provided removable adhesive mount. Also includes full color step by step instructions for simple installation. Bulb is not included as you already have the correct one in your Bugle! Plus you have the option to change spot colors for that purple Paisley Park look.?! As always we offer and sell our products when they are Done! They are now in Stock and available to ship next day. PM for purchase and any questions! WOZ Castle Lantern Spot lamp kits are $39 plus 6.95 US shipping. Thank you as Always for your interest in our product creations!!
The Mod Couple!

This is awesome. Will be getting this asap.

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

This is awesome. Will be getting this asap.

Thanks #woody76 It really does add a perfect look to finish the castle off nicely. Shown above on a WOZRR thought the kit will work on any WOZ model. My wife has been painting for Days getting ready to release these. I'll wait till morning to tell her most are already spoken for. lol

#5325 5 years ago

Sorry for sideways photo

20180324_100603 (resized).jpg20180324_100603 (resized).jpg

20180324_100647 (resized).jpg20180324_100647 (resized).jpg

#5326 5 years ago

Having a light issue, stops at 9 on the playfield

#5327 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

You might have had one of the small "GI" led boards fail.

On the board it says where the data feed is coming from.

You can bypass these by moving the in and out cables to see if it lights up.

Also you might wiggle the wires to that light board and see if the lights work in test/service mode.

You might have to bypass 2 or more little led boards to figure out which one is bad.

Or after checking out the smal led boards it still doesnt work, you might have a bad big board.

Commonly though the small boards are the ones that go out they sell them individually or by the 5 pack.

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I'm having nearly that exact same issue. But mine ends on Scarecrow rollover #29. Bypassed it with wires and all other lights came on. Removed #29 LED board from game and removed it from lighting via the menu and everything is working again except the #29. Contacted JJ twice (before and after I figured out the failure) but haven't received any response from their tech tickets (maybe they are backlogged?). These little boards don't seem cheap and shipping looks high too. Does anyone else distribute them?

#5329 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I'm having nearly that exact same issue. But mine ends on Scarecrow rollover #29. Bypassed it with wires and all other lights came on. Removed #29 LED board from game and removed it from lighting via the menu and everything is working again except the #29. Contacted JJ twice (before and after I figured out the failure) but haven't received any response from their tech tickets (maybe they are backlogged?). These little boards don't seem cheap and shipping looks high too. Does anyone else distribute them?

Call them directly ! they really want to hear from you.

Their ticket system is a piece of crap, they will tell you this also (I have given upon it).

You might have to call a couple times if you get a busy signal or a voice mail, but they will help you immediately.

No reason to wait for a response.

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Does anyone else distribute them?

If your game is out of warranty, you can but new LED boards on their website, jerseyjackpinball.com in the store.

#5331 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Call them directly ! they really want to hear from you.

Call during EST business hours. 732-364-9900 ext 1

Don't call Lloyd. I don't have access to ticket desk or be able to send parts.

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call during EST business hours. 732-364-9900 ext 1
Don't call Lloyd. I don't have access to ticket desk or be able to send parts.

I would still call Lloyd just to tell him you called them. He is fun to talk to and always around!

#5333 5 years ago

This is my hi score this morning after 3 1/2 years of playing.
Game set at 20 sec ball save, narrow outlanes, 3 ball game, extra balls enabled.
code 6.61 reserve player mode, locking bar set to virtual.

The game was 1 hour 10 mins. I know its not the highest score ever but its the best I have ever done!

I play it every night, I love this game!

marta hi score (resized).jpgmarta hi score (resized).jpg

#5334 5 years ago

I'm still waiting to receive a couple GI replacement boards for two that have definite hardware problems - one stuck on violet, one has the LED out completely. Meanwhile I've been trying to address four others (both sling GIs, one was just replaced, a right return GI and the lower crystal ball GI) that will not display green so white is blue, I thought it was a connector problem because wiggling the power connector on them would temporarily fix them. But after a little while, and its been getting shorter and shorter between, the problem comes back. I removed two of the boards from the bottom of the PF but left them connected and both do the same thing now, I can hold the board firmly by the sides and wiggle the connectors all I want but it's not until I actually flex the board that it starts working properly. This makes me think there is a bad solder joint somewhere that fails when hot and flexing it temporarily resolves it. I have reflowed all the connector pins so I know it's not them. I'm going to order a hot air re-work station and some solder paste and try to reflow the ICs and the actual LED to see if I can fix these.

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He is fun to talk to and always around!

And I can tell you my newest joke. And plans for my "seminar" mug for Mike's show in Chicago this October.

#5336 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sorry for sideways photo

Fixed it for you.

dfdbd5ba01c46c6c23ae6bbd5e96cc92d4ad4e51 (resized).jpgdfdbd5ba01c46c6c23ae6bbd5e96cc92d4ad4e51 (resized).jpg

#5337 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And I can tell you my newest joke. And plans for my "seminar" mug for Mike's show in Chicago this October.

Heck Yeah! Love hangin out with Mike as he's 5 minutes from my house and a bonus visit from Lloyd I am There! You Must come to our house for a thank you dinner for all you do!

#5338 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgoddess:

Game set at 20 sec ball save, narrow outlanes, 3 ball game, extra balls enabled.
The game was 1 hour 10 mins. I know its not the highest score ever but its the best I have ever done!

Wow! That’s a great score!

#5339 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sorry for sideways photo

EDIT: if the scarecrow rollover is lit then if the GI under the house is not lit you likely have a problem between the scarecrow rollover and the GI boards under the house (GI board 1 and 2). It is hard to see in the picture if the GI under the house is lit.

Capture9 (resized).JPGCapture9 (resized).JPG
Capture10 (resized).JPGCapture10 (resized).JPG

#5340 5 years ago

Thank You !

#5341 5 years ago

locking bar set to virtual.

Why?

A 70 minute game could benefit from the break that a physical ball lock would provide.

(Great score, by the way. )

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Why?
A 70 minute game could benefit from the break that a physical ball lock would provide.
(Great score, by the way. )

The game has 1000's of plays now and the lock bar is getting to unstable to use effectively.
Its either giving 2 balls all the time instead of 1, or hanging the 3rd ball when a multiball starts.

Simpler to go virtual right now instaed of another 20 hours trying to figure out what might be off a 10th of a mm or a 1/1000th of a sec timing issue.
I may get back to it later when I feel like banging my head against the wall a little more.

It probably just needs a new spring on the solenoid end as well as the diverter. They are special, tight little springs I'll have to order.

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It probably just needs a new spring on the solenoid end as well as the diverter.

You can bend the nose of the part holding the diverter closer to the relay so it pulls in easier. And then that whole diverter/relay assembly is on a piece of metal that you can bend the whole shebang back a little to get the proper spacing between the end of the arm and the ramp.

325574-i (resized).jpg325574-i (resized).jpg

woz ball lock nose (resized).JPGwoz ball lock nose (resized).JPG

#5344 5 years ago

20sec ball save!

Looks like it’s time to place the game back to factory with that score.

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

20sec ball save!
Looks like it’s time to place the game back to factory with that score.

She put up 700k on one at TPF.
She said the game seemed too short !
She really likes the quest based long games like woz and hobbit.
It's her game and she likes it as is.
No reason to change.
I like having a wife that loves pinball.

#5346 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can bend the nose of the part holding the diverter closer to the relay so it pulls in easier. And then that whole diverter/relay assembly is on a piece of metal that you can bend the whole shebang back a little to get the proper spacing between the end of the arm and the ramp.

Thanks Lloyd! I'll look at it some more.

#5347 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have done service calls with people having the same issue. 4-5 times it is usually the balls are slightly magnetized, replacing them works most of the time or is a quick way to rule that out.

#5348 5 years ago

I have done service calls with people having the same issue. 4-5 times it is usually the balls are slightly magnetized, replacing them works most of the time or is a quick way to rule that out.

I replaced the balls.
I removed the coil assembly, shortened the spring on the lock down bar and tightened the heck out of the screw that holds on onto the mount.
The balls were bouncing through the lock. I figured that there wasnt enough downward force to hold them in place.

After this adjustment I have a lot more control over the settings.

So Im ordering new springs for both sides next week.

On a side note, after playing on virtual lock and reserve play for a few games, my wife says its better and helps her keep the game momentum up, giving her higher scores.

Pinballgoddess new GC score affirms this !

So I guess its become a non-issue for now? lol

#5349 5 years ago

If I get the 10 Yellow brick roads,extra ball is lit at the throne room.Why don't I get the EB when making the shot?

I'm looking at the settings for adjustments ,but not seeing it.

Thanks Matt.

#5350 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

If I get the 10 Yellow brick roads,extra ball is lit at the throne room.Why don't I get the EB when making the shot?
I'm looking at the settings for adjustments ,but not seeing it.
Thanks Matt.

I'd check the switch in the throne room to make sure it's consistent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 15,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.