767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 306.
#5251 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If it’s a manufacturing defect they should provide the kits at cost. If you have a machine with issues, then it really SHOULD be made right by the manufacturer. It stinks having to pay another $800-$1100 because your machine had a faulty design that was recognized and fixed in later machines by JJP. It just doesn’t feel right.

I totally agree. I already replaced my faulty chipping play field because it was defective from the factory.

I had my replacement playfield professionally clear coated at my own expense before paying even more for the swap.

#5252 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If it’s a manufacturing defect they should provide the kits at cost. If you have a machine with issues, then it really SHOULD be made right by the manufacturer. It stinks having to pay another $800-$1100 because your machine had a faulty design that was recognized and fixed in later machines by JJP. It just doesn’t feel right.

I think it's arguable to say it's a manufacturing defect, I can certainly see both sides. Their only "real" obligation is to honor their warranty, which they can do by replacing boards that fail inside the warranty period. As far as I know, and from my own experience, they've gone above and beyond that often replacing boards for just the cost of shipping outside the warranty period as long as you return the old one(s). $800 it a lot of money but it is nice they are even offering the kit at all, they certainly didn't have to and I'm sure a lot of work went into putting it together and developing the instructions, etc.

#5253 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I want to support JJP but now I have to think twice before buying an NIB JJP game.

The new games come with the 2.0 or newer system?

#5254 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The new games come with the 2.0 or newer system?

#5255 6 years ago

JJP decided to build state of the art, push the envelope pinball machines.
Their first effort, WOZ, knocked it out of the park. This machine is built well and is the reason machines are no longer being produced with incandescent bulbs. It is also the reason that video screens now come on any new pinball design and even the remakes are coming in color. None of this happened until after WOZ. I say credit where credit is due. There is much new tech in WOZ and to JJP's credit they didn't stop with their first design. When something failed they improved it. 2.0 is the third rev for the WOZ light system. This isn't the industry standard, this is exceptional behavior. We should be applauding not complaining. If you have the 7.5v light system you have a good and stable, not perfect, system that will continue to be supported with spare parts for a very long time to come. There is no reason to change to the 2.0 boards unless this is something that you want to do. How great is it that JJP is making this option available to us. There are lots of parts for the swap, boards, cables, and who knows what else. It is expensive to produce and will be time consuming to support. Not every WOZ owner has the skill and knowledge of LTG. Whose gonna support all us weekend warriors as we wade through this? You know who - JJP. Why am I considering taking on this monumental task? Because JJP has shown that they make good stuff and back it up with excellent service. I hope JJP keeps experimenting and pushing the boundaries. I support and want innovation in pinball and I am willing to pay for it.

#5256 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

JJP decided to build state of the art, push the envelope pinball machines.
Their first effort, WOZ, knocked it out of the park. This machine is built well and is the reason machines are no longer being produced with incandescent bulbs. It is also the reason that video screens now come on any new pinball design and even the remakes are coming in color. None of this happened until after WOZ. I say credit where credit is due. There is much new tech in WOZ and to JJP's credit they didn't stop with their first design. When something failed they improved it. 2.0 is the third rev for the WOZ light system. This isn't the industry standard, this is exceptional behavior. We should be applauding not complaining. If you have the 7.5v light system you have a good and stable, not perfect, system that will continue to be supported with spare parts for a very long time to come. There is no reason to change to the 2.0 boards unless this is something that you want to do. How great is it that JJP is making this option available to us. There are lots of parts for the swap, boards, cables, and who knows what else. It is expensive to produce and will be time consuming to support. Not every WOZ owner has the skill and knowledge of LTG. Whose gonna support all us weekend warriors as we wade through this? You know who - JJP. Why am I considering taking on this monumental task? Because JJP has shown that they make good stuff and back it up with excellent service. I hope JJP keeps experimenting and pushing the boundaries. I support and want innovation in pinball and I am willing to pay for it.

A lot of truth in there though I think ColorDMD may deserve the credit for the remakes having colored screens, the bottom line is they chose a driver IC that turned out to be problematic in the long-term. I guess you could say they could have done more due diligence and figured that out ahead of time but shit happens. Especially in this "throw away" world we live in now, very few products are expected to last more than 5-10 years but we'll want our WOZ's going for the rest of our lives and then some.

#5257 6 years ago

JJP didn’t colorize DMD and ColorDMD is a huge improvement! but pre JJP, new machines were monochrome.
Since JJP elevated the hobby it’s color all the way. So much so that even the remakes are manufactured with color even though the originals weren’t.
When there was only one manufacturer game tech stagnated for roughly fifteen years.
JJP moved the goalposts.

#5258 6 years ago

For anyone going to Arcade Expo in Banning this year they have setup a JJP room with a WOZ, Hobbbit, Dialed In and two POTC prototypes (there for the show).

#5259 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

For anyone going to Arcade Expo in Banning this year they have setup a JJP room with a WOZ, Hobbbit, Dialed In and two POTC prototypes (there for the show).

http://www.arcadeexpo.com/ I believe Jack and Butch will be there. They are at TPF on Friday, so maybe there Saturday or Sunday ?

LTG : )

#5260 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.arcadeexpo.com/ I believe Jack and Butch will be there. They are at TPF on Friday, so maybe there Saturday or Sunday ?

Saturday is supposed to be the day they will be there. Bummer these shows conflict, I booked TPF before realizing that.

Pirates is bueatiful and filled with really interesting looking shots. I think it rivals if not surpasses WOZ (saying that as a big WOZ fan). The detail in this game is simply awe inspiring. The rings in the center are crazy too... not enough grip to interefere with a shot but if you miss and the ball dribbles into that area it’s going to seriously mess with you.

#5261 6 years ago

Hey all,
I just purchased a Shaker motor from JJP and i get no power at the shaker connection?
Testing with a multi meter going thru coil tests in settings i get nothing for voltage ?

Update
I traced shaker brown/yellow wire back to J109 pin 3 on the IO board no power but other 12v items running off the same connector work fine ?

Found it !
it was a missing ground to the shaker at the Plug connection @ the Aluminum box.
thanks

#5262 6 years ago

Hi all,

I just got my WOZ 75th from Automated service. They told me the lightboad is 2.0 but the machine is v1.1 and made on 11/2016. I have the exactly same problem as the other Pinsider.
WOZ is my first pinball machine. But it arrived with black shooter rod and silver shooter panel. No 75th edition topper inside. Speaker buzzing is really annoying ( I have check the YouTube video and try to fix it but I found mine WOZ has different power supply and no filter inside. I think mine is a newer version without 2.0 light)

I already sent out an email about problems to Mike from Automated service and JJP.

My family really like it. I am excited to receive my first pinball machine but on the other hand I feel so frustrated because I paid the full price and not got what I ask for.

I will keep update if I got any response from them.

#5263 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Hi all,
I just got my WOZ 75th from Automated service. They told me the lightboad is 2.0 but the machine is v1.1 and made on 11/2018. I have the exactly same problem as the other Pinsider.
WOZ is my first pinball machine. But it arrived with black shooter rod and silver shooter panel. No 75th edition topper inside. Speaker buzzing is really annoying ( I have check the YouTube video and try to fix it but I found mine WOZ has different power supply and no filter inside. I think mine is a newer version without 2.0 light)
I already sent out an email about problems to Mike from Automated service and JJP.
My family really like it. I am excited to receive my first pinball machine but on the other hand I feel so frustrated because I paid the full price and not got what I ask for.

If it was made 2018 than its 2.o but 11/18 hasmt happen yet? ....i believe 2.0 system came after dec 15 2016....the shooter is correct for it .i have speaker buzz but do it hear it while playing so i didnt worry about it. Jjp will send u a filter if u contact them ... they will also send the topper .

#5264 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If it was made 2018 than its 2.o but 11/18 hasmt happen yet? ....i believe 2.0 system came after dec 15 2016....

Sorry. It is my typo. The machine is made on 11/29/2016

#5265 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Sorry. It is my typo. The machine is made on 11/29/2016

Dam right before the changeover.... id contact jjp and let them know the situation... more than likely they will get u what you wanted despite what automated did. Just enjoy the amazing game for now untill you can get ahold of them next week.

#5266 6 years ago

Well, I finally decided to change my battery today and followed the instructions in the manual. As usual, I typically find things about 10x harder than the average pinsider. I put a strip of masking tape on the battery to lift it out but couldn't figure out how to pry the battery from its holder. As I was trying, I failed to notice the fast whirling fan blade to my left and sliced my finger. Luckily, it was a clean slice, and I only bled a little over my boards.

Anyway, I finally did it. Here are some tips:

If you have the playfield lifted all the way up, you will be at an awkward angle. Instead, have the playfield pulled out to the second position on the service rails.

There is a little metal tab on the bottom of the battery holder (side closest to the player). Gently, pull that back, and the battery will lift up with the tape without you needing to pry it up (read the manual for what to do with the tape).

Mind the fan blade! It stings.

#5267 6 years ago

Did you change the battery with the game on? Or does the fan run when the machine is powered down? I would recommend turning the game off before attempting any repairs.

#5268 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Did you change the battery with the game on? Or does the fan run when the machine is powered down? I would recommend turning the game off before attempting any repairs.

You have to change the battery with the game on otherwise you lose all your settings and the game won’t boot.

#5269 6 years ago

how often do u have to do this . I didn't know batteries had to be changed or even where they are

#5270 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

how often do u have to do this . I didn't know batteries had to be changed or even where they are

They recommend every 3 years. If the battery gets too low, your game won't boot, and you will lose the settings.

There are instructions in section E in the manual. The instructions are pretty good, but I still had a bit of difficulty as I often do. But, don't sweat it. I'm unusual in that way.

#5271 6 years ago

Them instructions don't tell you there is a clip on the side of the holder facing the player and you just need to use the tape to make sure you don't drop the battery and mess up a part in the board I was having fits before I realized this fact about the release.

#5272 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Them instructions don't tell you there is a clip on the side of the holder facing the player and you just need to use the tape to make sure you don't drop the battery and mess up a part in the board I was having fits before I realized this fact about the release.

Yep, that was one of the reasons I wanted to post -- to let others know about the clip. Knowing about it ahead of time would have saved me needless stress.

#5273 6 years ago

thnx for bringing this up, forgot about the mobo CMOS battery.

#5274 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dam right before the changeover.... id contact jjp and let them know the situation... more than likely they will get u what you wanted despite what automated did. Just enjoy the amazing game for now untill you can get ahold of them next week.

JJP will just tell him that the game Automated sent him is perfectly fine (which it probably is, despite not having the 2.0 system), and they will also tell him the fine folks at Automated Services would NEVER have done anything shady like LIE TO MAKE THE SALE. Nooooo....never.

How do I know this? I'm the other guy who specifically asked Automated for a WOZ75 made after 12/15/16 (and I told them WHY I wanted this, too) and was told BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that's what they had.....all new stock...right off the line at JJP....and that's what I'd get. Only after I opened it up did I see it was born on 11/29/16....TWO WEEKS before the changeover. When I called them to discuss, they got real standoffish and told me they can't control what box gets picked from the warehouse, and they can't tell when each unit was made, and then they LIED and claimed they never even promised me a newer 2.0 game.
Then, they stopped responding to my messages and emails. MIND YOU.....this was the SECOND pinball machine I had bought from them in one month's time. Great customer service, eh?

#5275 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Hi all,
I just got my WOZ 75th from Automated service. They told me the lightboad is 2.0 but the machine is v1.1 and made on 11/2016. I have the exactly same problem as the other Pinsider.

I believe the black rod and silver shooter housing are normal for the Ruby Red edition. At least MINE came that way. Can anyone else confirm?

Mine was missing the topper as well. Contact JJP and they will send it to you. As for the speaker buzz, they can send you a noise filter you plug into the audio connection and it will eliminate the buzz 95%.

Sorry you got fleeced by Automated Services like I did. Those sleazebags were willing to do or say ANYTHING to make the sale. I will never stop sharing my negative experience with those assholes.

#5276 6 years ago

Does your invoice specify a 2.0? I insisted on a 2.0 and made sure it was on my invoice before I paid. If yours has 2.0 listed on the invoice then they should make it right. If you paid by CC you would also have some leverage there as long as your invoice specifics 2.0, because they would be in violation of the contractural terms.

#5277 6 years ago

Pre 2.0 light systems need to be discounted so this type of thing doesn't happen again. I'm sure other distributors have both before and after light systems. All they want to do is move their stock, but who would buy a game now without the updated 2.0.

#5278 6 years ago

They should probably just send them back to JJP to be upgraded to 2.0, but I suppose if they discounted them people might buy them too.

#5279 6 years ago

I got both response from Jack and Mike. They are working on it. Will keep you update.

#5280 6 years ago

I got both response from Jack and Mike. They are working on it. Will keep you update.

#5281 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I believe the black rod and silver shooter housing are normal for the Ruby Red edition. At least MINE came that way. Can anyone else confirm?

Confirmed, The red shooter rod and housing were only on the promo picture. There was a guy semi linked to JJP that used to post here (pinchroma) that said he was going to do a run of ruby shooters and housings but he totally flaked and I respect that he didn't take any money but he really had a lot of us waiting for a long time for a big sack o' hot air.

#5282 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

No excuse for abusing a customer like that. -none-

#5283 6 years ago

How do I know this? I'm the other guy who specifically asked Automated for a WOZ75 made after 12/15/16 (and I told them WHY I wanted this, too) and was told BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that's what they had.....all new stock...right off the line at JJP....and that's what I'd get. Only after I opened it up did I see it was born on 11/29/16....TWO WEEKS before the changeover. When I called them to discuss, they got real standoffish and told me they can't control what box gets picked from the warehouse, and they can't tell when each unit was made, and then they LIED and claimed they never even promised me a newer 2.0 game.
Then, they stopped responding to my messages and emails. MIND YOU.....this was the SECOND pinball machine I had bought from them in one month's time. Great customer service, eh?

No excuse for abusing a customer like that. -none-

#5284 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Rest assured that JJP will make sure you are "made whole" so to speak. They are a great company that makes a great product and back it with great customer service. They want you to be happy with your purchase.

But to hear this story twice on the same title and trim level from the same distributor is very disappointing and also a good reminder to make sure you explore your options before buying.

There are many wonderful distributors out there like: (In no particular order)
https://www.kingpingames.net - Wisconsin
http://www.pinballstar.com/ - Pennsylvania
https://gameexchange.biz/ - Colorado
http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/ - Illinois
http://www.abelelectronics.com/ - Michigan

There is a crazy long list of distributors for JJP here: https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/distributors/

Give these people a call, if you get a tool on the phone take your business elsewhere. I guarantee you there are way more good distributors than bad ones.
These machines are expensive and you should be treated with courtesy.
When you get someone you like, research them on Pinside and the web. Get the feedback. Then buy your game.

In case you are wondering
Pinballs.com is the Games Division of Automated Services, LLC., http://www.automatedservicesllc.com/

#5285 6 years ago

I need help w/ my WOZ.

I fired it up for the first time in at least 4 months. On fire-up, the monkey came half way down and stopped. I re-booted....the monkey came down 9/10 of the way and stopped again. I rebooted again, the monkey moved down to it's lowest point, and stopped. I can't get it to go back up where it belongs. What do I need to do?

#5286 6 years ago

Does anyone know where or how to get this Glinda mod? I saw it on a video and a few quick searches turned up nothing.

ED3D91E3-52AF-474B-BF46-80849C6C2684 (resized).pngED3D91E3-52AF-474B-BF46-80849C6C2684 (resized).png

#5287 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I need help w/ my WOZ.
I fired it up for the first time in at least 4 months. On fire-up, the monkey came half way down and stopped. I re-booted....the monkey came down 9/10 of the way and stopped again. I rebooted again, the monkey moved down to it's lowest point, and stopped. I can't get it to go back up where it belongs. What do I need to do?

Go into the tests - Device Tests - Winged Monkey and see what you get when you run those tests. This is covered in the manual page B-14. If it's making a lot of noise and binding up you may need to put some grease on the threaded rod and run it back and forth a few times to spread it around. If it's a switch triggering issues you will see that in the test.

#5288 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Confirmed, The red shooter rod and housing were only on the promo picture. There was a guy semi linked to JJP that used to post here (pinchroma) that said he was going to do a run of ruby shooters and housings but he totally flaked and I respect that he didn't take any money but he really had a lot of us waiting for a long time for a big sack o' hot air.

The Chrome Candy set is pretty nice and looks good if you want a red housing and shooter knob, just be sure to put a stronger spring in it.

#5289 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I need help w/ my WOZ.

Wondering if the lead screw/rod needs to be cleaned/greased. I assume if the action isnt smooth enough, or if there is some binding that it will stop and go back.

#5290 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

There are many wonderful distributors out there

Love Hemispheres. Those guys went really above & beyond for me on another occasion. They are good people.

#5291 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The Chrome Candy set is pretty nice and looks good if you want a red housing and shooter knob, just be sure to put a stronger spring in it.

Is that their Cherry Red or Fireball?
If you could post a picture or two that would be appreciated.

Anyone use the Modfather RR shooter and housing ? Pics? Comments?

Also not to get too off topic but I see that Chrome Candy has painted leg bolts. Anyone have experience with these and can comment on how well the paint holds up to wrenching?

#5292 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Anyone use the Modfather RR shooter and housing ? Pics? Comments?

I do. Love them. Looks perfect, like it should have been there NIB! I can post a pic later.

#5293 6 years ago

I do. Love them. Looks perfect, like it should have been there NIB! I can post a pic later.

And Modfather is awesome to deal with. Top notch.

#5294 6 years ago

Mike from Automated Service and Jack made it right. WOZ 2.0 is on the way for exchange.

Last weekend was a busy moment for Pinball Distributors and JJP because of TPF.

I sent out the email to Mike and Jack on Friday. Jack replied me immediately, Mike replied me on Monday (not too late, but Jack is super fast ...)

They both want to give me a WOZ 2.0 for replacement and they did it.

Mike found a WOZ and make sure it has 2.0 light board. I got the tracking number on the new shipment from Automated Service.

Great service from both sides. I am sure that I will still get the next pinball from Mike and it will be POTG or JJP5 from JJP.

Happy customer now.

Thanks.

#5295 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Mike from Automated Service and Jack made it right. WOZ 2.0 is on the way for exchange.
I sent out the email to Mike and Jack on Friday. Jack replied me immediately, Mike replied me on Monday (not too late, but Jack is super fast ...)
Mike found a WOZ and make sure it has 2.0 light board. I got the tracking number on the new shipment from Automated Service.
Great service from both sides. I am sure that I will still get the next pinball from Mike and it will be POTG or JJP5 from JJP.
Happy customer now.
Thanks.

I knew they wld.... jjp is awesome

#5296 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I need help w/ my WOZ.

After manually, (by hand) moving the monkey to the up position...I rebooted the machine. Everything seems fine now.

#5297 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Happy customer now.
Thanks.

Wow!! Awesome

This is excellent to hear.

#5298 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Happy customer now.
Thanks.

Glad to hear it, I knew things would be set right for you.

#5299 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Everything seems fine now.

If the problem returns. I'd clean off the old grease and put on new.

#5300 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the problem returns. I'd clean off the old grease and put on new.

What grease do you recommend?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
13,000 (OBO)
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/106?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.