767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 306.
#5101 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Took the middle STDM prevention post out.

I actually think that might help me. Too often, I think the post will save my ball when it doesn’t.

#5102 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Hi guys, Satan here, just wanted to let you know how I setup my WoZ. Turned off the ball saver. Limit the game to two extra balls that are quite difficult to earn. Took the middle STDM prevention post out. Moved the outlanes to their widest positions. Changed the ruby slippers with lightning flippers.
The game is now truly evil and incredibly rewarding when you achieve some of the deeper modes.

That's pretty deep and all... I actually removed my flipper bats and didn't replace them with anything.

Game is tough as hell

#5103 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

There is a term for that. It's called: masochism

For me it's more about increase challenge vs reward than anything to do about pain. With the game setup very easy I'll play for 10 minutes, still have three balls left, and be bored. With the game setup extremely challenging, if I even have a 10 minute game it feels like I just won an Olympic gold medal. For me personally long games just become a boring grind.

Not trying to say one play style is better than the other, just pointing out different perspectives.

#5104 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

For me it's more about increase challenge vs reward than anything to do about pain. With the game setup very easy I'll play for 10 minutes, still have three balls left, and be bored. With the game setup extremely challenging, if I even have a 10 minute game it feels like I just won an Olympic gold medal. For me personally long games just become a boring grind.
Not trying to say one play style is better than the other, just pointing out different perspectives.

Issue with this approach is u will most likely never see half the game modes.

#5105 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That's pretty deep and all... I actually removed my flipper bats and didn't replace them with anything.
Game is tough as hell

Lol

#5106 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Did it again today. It’s not the monitor it’s the entire Game shuts off except the back glass light and coin door bulbs.
I’ll double check it’s not an issue with my 120v since I have a few things on the citvuit including my coke machine

Hrmm, makes me think its something with the power supply board (or a loose power cable as others have said). There are a few different versions (I know they updated it midway through the ECLE, they swapped mine due to similar issues). I would open a ticket with JJP and they can have you check a few things.

#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

the entire Game shuts off except the back glass light and coin door bulbs.

Power cord into back of cabinet in tight ?

If your game has an ATX power supply, power cord into it tight ?

Parts in the metal box over on/off switch starting to burn/fail ?

Could you plug a light or something into the service outlet and see if it goes out the same time the game goes out ?

LTG : )

#5108 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced their ATX power supply fan or the PSU itself due to their high noise levels? Any recommended PSU or fan choices to bring the noise levels down?

#5109 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Issue with this approach is u will most likely never see half the game modes.

Agreed, if you want a fast, brutal game there are plenty of options and most are a lot cheaper than a WOZ (IM, TNA and F14 immediately come to mind but there are lots of others).

#5110 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Agreed, if you want a fast, brutal game there are plenty of options and most are a lot cheaper than a WOZ (IM, TNA and F14 immediately come to mind but there are lots of others).

Fast and brutal WoZ is what I want and I love it.

For what it’s worth I’m not trying to sell “WoZ should be harder” to anybody. I was just sharing my own feelings on my own setup.

#5111 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Fast and brutal WoZ is what I want and I love it.
For what it’s worth I’m not trying to sell “WoZ should be harder” to anybody. I was just sharing my own feelings on my own setup.

I agree with you FlippyD. Keep it tough and difficult!

#5112 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Power cord into back of cabinet in tight ?
If your game has an ATX power supply, power cord into it tight ?
Parts in the metal box over on/off switch starting to burn/fail ?
Could you plug a light or something into the service outlet and see if it goes out the same time the game goes out ?

thx ltg and arcadenerd...ill check these

#5113 6 years ago

Yes! Just spoke with shipping company. Game should be delivered around 3pm Thursday. Freaky fast. Ordered on Monday. So stoked.

#5114 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Yes! Just spoke with shipping company. Game should be delivered around 3pm Thursday. Freaky fast. Ordered on Monday. So stoked.

Congrats! Did you order directly from JJ? I'm also contemplating buying a WOZ75. Let us know what number you receive. Curious as to how many out of the 1,500 are left.

#5115 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Congrats! Did you order directly from JJ? I'm also contemplating buying a WOZ75. Let us know what number you receive. Curious as to how many out of the 1,500 are left.

Yeah I ordered right from Jen. Just to make sure I got the latest light boards.

#5116 6 years ago

Okay I have my first major issue with my WOZ. When I turn the game on, all the boards light up except the mother board. The game does not boot and the display will say, no signal.

#5117 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The game does not boot and the display will say, no signal.

If your game has a reset switch inside the big metal box with all the boards, push it once with the power on.

If no reset switch, then with the power on, very carefully briefly short pins 6 and 8 on the connector JFP1 on the motherboard. See picture.

photo 2 (resized).JPGphoto 2 (resized).JPG

#5118 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If your game has a reset switch inside the big metal box with all the boards, push it once with the power on.
If no reset switch, then with the power on, very carefully briefly short pins 6 and 8 on the connector JFP1 on the motherboard. See picture.

Where is the reset button? Can u show pic?

#5119 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Where is the reset button? Can u show pic?

If your game has one, it would be buried in the metal box with all the boards, and plugged onto the connector in the picture.

#5120 6 years ago

Could someone please direct me to where I can get some 12 volt led's for the spot lights on Woz.

Is there a super bright wide angle available or something similar?

Thanks.

#5121 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Could someone please direct me to where I can get some 12 volt led's for the spot lights on Woz.

Check out Comet - http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=12+volt

#5122 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Is there a super bright wide angle available or something similar?
Thanks.

Try the Optix Maximus:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax12v.htm

#5123 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Try the Optix Maximus:

This one is 1 watt of light : http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1wt1012v.htm

#5124 6 years ago

Thanks LTG
They seem to have a nice range of 12 volt DC options.

#5125 6 years ago

Well now I'm officially in the club. Box said it was RR 75th number 182. Built on Dec 22 2017, but I couldn't find the sticker for the apron anywhere on the box or in the packaging. I guess I'll see if they can send me one. Game played almost perfect out of the box. Only issue is the munchkin ball release will let two go at once. So I'll have to tweak that. I still haven't received my cliffys so I put mylar around the edge of the munchkin playfield for now. Game is incredibly well built and just beautiful to look at. I cant get over it. Just awesome. Well done JJP.

Now on to a few pics.

20180216_051248 (resized).jpg20180216_051248 (resized).jpg

20180216_051236 (resized).jpg20180216_051236 (resized).jpg

20180216_051224 (resized).jpg20180216_051224 (resized).jpg

#5126 6 years ago

Well now I'm officially in the club. Box said it was RR 75th number 182. Built on Dec 22 2017, but I couldn't find the sticker for the apron anywhere on the box or in the packaging. I guess I'll see if they can send me one. Game played almost perfect out of the box. Only issue is the munchkin ball release will let two go at once. So I'll have to tweak that. I still haven't received my cliffys so I put mylar around the edge of the munchkin playfield for now. Game is incredibly well built and just beautiful to look at. I cant get over it. Just awesome. Well done JJP.
Now on to a few pics.

Congrats!

The timing of the Munchkin arm is easily adjustable in settings.

#5127 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Congrats!

I looked for it, but couldn't find it. I'll have to try again when I get home from work. Going to be a looooong day today.

#5128 6 years ago

I looked for it, but couldn't find it.

Settings - Coils - scroll the whole way down, ramp lock up timing.

#5129 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Congrats!

Should the value be increased or decreased? On my game when one ball is locked and a second gets shot in it sometimes knocks both balls into playfield instead of one.

#5130 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Should the value be increased or decreased? On my game when one ball is locked and a second gets shot in it sometimes knocks both balls into playfield instead of one.

The numbers relate to how long the bar stays up.
So smaller numbers to stop a ball from rolling out.

#5131 6 years ago

Yup. Just got it figured out. Thanks Loyd. I turned the time down to 115 for the locks and it works prefect. I do have an issue where if locks aren't ready and with a clean fast shot to the ramp, the ball will hop out of the habitrail and land on the sling plastic. Anyone know a fix for this? Also...anyone install a cliffy for the wood side wall in the shooter lane? I turned the VUK down so it doesn't bounce the ball against the wall as hard, but sometimes it won't kick hard enough to put the ball in the shooter lane. I want it to kick consistently, but don't want it to damage the wall over time.

#5132 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

This I believe is the coil hold setting. Just under the 3 timer settings in the menu. I could be wrong though...

#5133 6 years ago

Yup. Just got it figured out. Thanks Loyd. I turned the time down to 115 for the locks and it works prefect. I do have an issue where if locks aren't ready and with a clean fast shot to the ramp, the ball will hop out of the habitrail and land on the sling plastic. Anyone know a fix for this? Also...anyone install a cliffy for the wood side wall in the shooter lane? I turned the VUK down so it doesn't bounce the ball against the wall as hard, but sometimes it won't kick hard enough to put the ball in the shooter lane. I want it to kick consistently, but don't want it to damage the wall over time.

Lower the flipper strength a couple notches.
Properly adjusted, the ball on a clean shot to the ramp will go up the ramp and decelerate slightly to travel down the wireform at an even rate, not too fast or too slow.

#5134 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes though sometimes if you go too short, the arm will come down in the middle of the first ball and the second ball will hit it knocking both out. I always find it to be a bit of trial and error.

#5135 6 years ago

Got it. Thank you!

#5136 6 years ago

Lower the flipper strength a couple notches.
Properly adjusted, the ball on a clean shot to the ramp will go up the ramp and decelerate slightly to travel down the wireform at an even rate, not too fast or too slow.

Ok. I'll give this a try. Thanks.

#5137 6 years ago

My WOZ is still dead.

#5138 6 years ago

Box said it was RR 75th number 182. Built on Dec 22 2017, but I couldn't find the sticker for the apron anywhere on the box or in the packaging.

Sticker with game # should have been in the little plastic pouch glued onto the OUTSIDE of the shipping carton, along with basic instructions for opening the box and quick setup. Hope you didn’t throw it away without opening it. Not sure it’s something they could easily replace for you without giving you a different #.

#5139 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My WOZ is still dead.

Mine keeps crashing too. I need to get some tech help from JJP too

#5140 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Sticker with game # should have been in the little plastic pouch glued onto the OUTSIDE of the shipping carton, along with basic instructions for opening the box and quick setup. Hope you didn’t throw it away without opening it. Not sure it’s something they could easily replace for you without giving you a different #.

Ok thanks. I haven't thrown anything away yet. I know I took the bag off the box and looked at the set up guide, but was just excited to get the game set up and must have missed it. I'll look through everything more carefully before I throw anything away.

#5141 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My WOZ is still dead.

WTF that game should be up and running by now.
What did JJP tech support say to do?

#5142 6 years ago

Had some problems with my right castle door not opening. Since this was a well known issue it was easy to troubleshoot. The screw was loose.
Tighted it up using loctite and everything worked again. But it only lasted for about a week, now I got the same problem again.

So now when I get the playfield off again, is there anything else I can do to make this screw hold tight other than what I did last time?

#5143 6 years ago

Ok thanks. I haven't thrown anything away yet. I know I took the bag off the box and looked at the set up guide, but was just excited to get the game set up and must have missed it. I'll look through everything more carefully before I throw anything away.

Curious to know if it was in there. Hope you found it.

#5144 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Curious to know if it was in there. Hope you found it.

Nope never found it. I went through each piece of paper and every piece of packing. Also checked all 6 sides of cardboard box. So...I called JJP and I was told they were going to send me a sticker.

#5145 6 years ago

Woz lock ups. I will say first that Frank at JJP has been great. Spoken several times and we are starting to troubleshoot random lock ups and reboots. Sometimes game can be on 30 min and in attract mode other times right when I turn it on....sometimes it will try and reboot other times its just dead.

He sent me some bulletins and I am starting with my power supply since I have the smaller L9 component.

Just brainstorming some ideas what has caused other people to have random lock ups and what solved it???

Don't think its the monitor board as we had it off on one of my first tests when it locked up. I checked and it seems all connections are tight.

I have a 2015 build with 7.5v boards. He sees no previous repair tix so the game seems to have been playing well in the past.

Thx for any ideas...

#5146 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Woz lock ups. I will say first that Frank at JJP has been great. Spoken several times and we are starting to troubleshoot random lock ups and reboots. Sometimes game can be on 30 min and in attract mode other times right when I turn it on....sometimes it will try and reboot other times its just dead.
He sent me some bulletins and I am starting with my power supply since I have the smaller L9 component.
Just brainstorming some ideas what has caused other people to have random lock ups and what solved it???
Don't think its the monitor board as we had it off on one of my first tests when it locked up. I checked and it seems all connections are tight.
I have a 2015 build with 7.5v boards. He sees no previous repair tix so the game seems to have been playing well in the past.
Thx for any ideas...

Zero chance this is it but have to ask you on the latest code it fixed lockups but should only affect early versions but like I said had to ask (had same problem until last code addressed this)

#5147 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Zero chance this is it but have to ask you on the latest code it fixed lockups but should only affect early versions but like I said had to ask (had same problem until last code addressed this)

Thx. I did new code last week.

#5148 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx for any ideas...

Sounds like a low or inconsistant power problem or low current. Maybe a loose connector somewhere?
Possibly a failing or loose component or cable in the power supply or even on the mainboard.
Did you try reseating all of the internel pc cables or the ram modules or possibly swapping their locations if you have 2?

Check the quality of the crimps on any cables you look at.

#5149 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx for any ideas...

Reseat SATA cables, both ends between motherboard and hard drive.

Try running it blind, unhook monitor power, maybe it is the issue.

#5150 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx for any ideas...

Be sure the connector on the crystal ball hasn't come apart or lost pins or anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Wanted
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/103?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.