20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 306.
#5051 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The first 6 are purely decorative. I am not sure why they decided to put lights/inserts under those. They could have merely been art on the wood. I guess it was an art choice in that they decided they wanted the lights to be in a spiral pattern the same as the art (like the beginning of the yellow brick road in the movie starts in a spiral). The #1 insert is the first yellow brick road insert for identifying how many of the shots you have made.

Awesome thanks for the info. Guessing the yellow brick road is dimly lit and get brighter as u progress?

#5052 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome thanks for the info. Guessing the yellow brick road is dimly lit and get brighter as u progress?

I believe it just resets after ten made. You get an award of an extra ball at the throne room for making ten and again for 50. Plus, 50 made gives a jewel needed as part of getting to somewhere over the rainbow.

#5053 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just picked up a under 50 play rrwoz . I have a question about the lights .... my first 6 small inserts that start the yellow brick road seem off. They do rgb fine but the white isnt like the rest? Is this normal ? It causes some of the random colors to be a completely different shade than other inserts. They seem to be warm white compared to everything else?

Nice. I got mine about a week ago. Same deal, wozrr 2.0 with less than 150 plays. It's a good one.

#5054 6 years ago

big D welcome to the club!

Such a great game!

#5055 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

big D welcome to the club!

That's what she said.

#5056 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

That's what she said.

haha well played!

#5057 6 years ago

Can't stop playing... its truly a masterpiece but i have no clue what im doing lol

#5058 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Can't stop playing... its truly a masterpiece but i have no clue what im doing lol

I was same way. It takes a minute to figure things out. I put up 1.2 million yesterday which I hear is a decent score. Got to melt the witch and choked.

#5059 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I was same way. It takes a minute to figure things out. I put up 1.2 million yesterday which I hear is a decent score. Got to melt the witch and choked.

I’ve had the game about a year, still can’t figure it all out. Not very intuitive/linear, which is fine as I always feel like I’m learning something new about the game. Wish someone would do a nice tutorial on the game.

#5060 6 years ago

#5061 6 years ago

May have my armor plated....How difficult to remove side rails on my woz? I see the screws holding it on but thinking there is adhesive. Anyone have any trouble?

#5062 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

May have my armor plated....How difficult to remove side rails on my woz? I see the screws holding it on but thinking there is adhesive. Anyone have any trouble?

I would message Robertstone0407 as he is super knowledgeable with this and does great work. He is familiar with WOZ.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#5063 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

It was very easy. Hardest part was getting to the nuts to lower the head supports. Only a little piece of adhesive holding the rails otherwise the screws just come out.

#5064 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

That’s a very good score! You seem to be rocking some consistently good games. Witch melt is so high pressure and common to choke for sure.

#5065 6 years ago

Man this game is seriously good and very difficult..... added a powdered subwoofer through the low level output and man it sounds amazing with great stereo sound from all the speakers. One question ..is the upper playfield ajustable left to right? Mine seems to be leaning to the left slightly? Unless this is on purpose?

#5066 6 years ago

Also is it normal for the knocker to be weak sounding?

#5067 6 years ago

No knocks like a Williams

#5068 6 years ago

I think the knocker is in the backbox, some people have moved it to the cabinet to make it louder (or it might be the other way round).

#5069 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I think the knocker is in the backbox, some people have moved it to the cabinet to make it louder (or it might be the other way round).

Mine is in the cabinet (around where the old Bally SS knockers were mounted) from factory. I have heard of some moving it to the head but I think it should be capable of producing a good solid whack where it’s at.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Also is it normal for the knocker to be weak sounding?

That seems to be common. Mine sounds more like a gentle thud than a good whack. Just not something I care enough about to change I guess (the glass breaking effect startles people good enough for me).

Might first check it to see if there are no wires interfering and try looking through the settings and see if you can adjust the power before going through the trouble of moving it to the head.

#5070 6 years ago

Its in the cab so thats probably y.... im not that worried about it really. Just wanted make sure it was normal

#5071 6 years ago

I moved mine to the head and it is louder.

#5072 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I moved mine to the head and it is louder.

Anything required?

#5073 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anything required?

I believe I just extended the wires to the normal Bally/Williams location. It has been a few years since I did it.

#5074 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its in the cab so thats probably y.... im not that worried about it really. Just wanted make sure it was normal

Yep, normal...it’s not as loud in the cab and is more of a thud than a thwack. I think DE games were like this too?

#5075 6 years ago

Anyone have their game rest on them....had it on the other night. Came back in gameroom and the lcd was black and it said "No Signal". Happened once more. I updated code yesterday so Ill see if this corrects it....Its a regular edition I think a few years old.

thx

#5076 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone have their game rest on them....had it on the other night. Came back in gameroom and the lcd was black and it said "No Signal". Happened once more. I updated code yesterday so Ill see if this corrects it....Its a regular edition I think a few years old.
thx

Might be a loose cable somewhere that carries signal to monitor

#5077 6 years ago

How snug is the backglass on Woz?....I tried to lift the backglass and it really seemed almost impossible to slide up...Am I doing something wrong?

#5078 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How snug is the backglass on Woz?....I tried to lift the backglass and it really seemed almost impossible to slide up...Am I doing something wrong?

Nope..just work with it a bit and it will cooperate.

#5079 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The first time you do it is tough...subsequent times are easier.

#5080 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Nope..just work with it a bit and it will cooperate.

Thx for both replies

#5081 6 years ago

Installed pin stadium (GI color changing with UV flash)... have had about 1.5 weeks... decided it’s not floating my boat. Going to pull it and put it up for sale, if anyone might be interested. Still have shipping tube, etc.

#5082 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Installed pin stadium (GI color changing with UV flash)... have had about 1.5 weeks... decided it’s not floating my boat. Going to pull it and put it up for sale, if anyone might be interested. Still have shipping tube, etc.

Yea i cld see y somone wld want extra light in woz as it is pretty dim but i really like the mood it sets and it has a amazing lightshow and i think extra lighting wld take away from that.

#5083 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What specifically did you not like? Just curious as I was contemplating buying a set once upon a time.

#5084 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What specifically did you not like? Just curious as I was contemplating buying a set once upon a time.

It works exactly as advertised... I can understand why so many people love it. I just prefer the factory lighting.

#5085 6 years ago

How many make this pin eaiser? Im finding it very difficult and with the deep ruleset im not getting anywhere lol. I have it playing very fast (jacked way up ) on factory settings with no replay extra balls . Thinking of just moving the outlanes in as they are like a vaccum. Don't look like much ajustment there so not sure if it will help much. Whats everyone else doing to make it better to play?

#5086 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thinking of just moving the outlanes in as they are like a vaccum.

I moved the toto post in a notch and it would hardly ever lose a ball that way.It doesn't look like much adjustment,but it made a big difference on my game.The post is back to the centre notch now.

#5087 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How many make this pin eaiser? Im finding it very difficult and with the deep ruleset im not getting anywhere lol. I have it playing very fast (jacked way up ) on factory settings with no replay extra balls . Thinking of just moving the outlanes in as they are like a vaccum. Don't look like much ajustment there so not sure if it will help much. Whats everyone else doing to make it better to play?

Don’t touch the outlanes...just throw a 5-7 second ball saver on so you don’t get stuck with a quick drain. You’ll learn what’s safer than not soon enough.

#5088 6 years ago

Don’t make the game easier!!!! That’s one of the beauties of WOZ. It’s evil!

#5089 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agree with adding a ball saver. I also used to award myself with an extra ball on getting 100,000 points. Now that I’m better at playing, I took that extra ball away. But it helped at the time.

#5090 6 years ago

Yep the game can be evil. I have a generous ball save time. I award extra ball at 250,000 and 500,000. This put an end to frustration. It is still a challenge but more exciting to experience getting farther in the game. I actually experienced a haunted and a munchkin multiball the other day. It had been a long time.

#5091 6 years ago

I left the posts in the factory spots.

I did add a 10sec ball save and left the factory extra ball settings on. 30k, and then every 20 ybr shots.

#5092 6 years ago

For me the outlane posts stay in. Maybe if the game was on a hard surface (not carpet) and it didn’t weigh 500 pounds it would be easier to nudge and stay out of there.

#5093 6 years ago

Phew....just read this entire thread over the last month. Lots of great info. I've been saving since Xmas to purchase this pin. Going to be ordering on Monday. Getting a RR and cant wait to get it. Love the candy red on this game. Ordered plastic protectors and lit drop target from Indy and Cliffys are on the way too.

#5094 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Phew....just read this entire thread over the last month. Lots of great info. I've been saving since Xmas to purchase this pin. Going to be ordering on Monday. Getting a RR and cant wait to get it. Love the candy red on this game. Ordered plastic protectors and lit drop target from Indy and Cliffys are on the way too.

Make sure and get the 2.0 lighting system

#5095 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I’d put a coat of Blitz carnauba wax in on it before taking the first plunge.

#5096 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Might be a loose cable somewhere that carries signal to monitor

Did it again today. It’s not the monitor it’s the entire Game shuts off except the back glass light and coin door bulbs.

I’ll double check it’s not an issue with my 120v since I have a few things on the citvuit including my coke machine

#5097 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Make sure and get the 2.0 lighting system

I'm hoping that if I order right from JJP that I wont have to worry about that, but Ill defiantly ask about it when I contact them. Thanks

#5098 6 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

I’d put a coat of Blitz carnauba wax in on it before taking the first plunge.

Bliz is what I use.

#5099 6 years ago

Hi guys, Satan here, just wanted to let you know how I setup my WoZ. Turned off the ball saver. Limit the game to two extra balls that are quite difficult to earn. Took the middle STDM prevention post out. Moved the outlanes to their widest positions. Changed the ruby slippers with lightning flippers.

The game is now truly evil and incredibly rewarding when you achieve some of the deeper modes.

#5100 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Hi guys, Satan here, just wanted to let you know how I setup my WoZ. Turned off the ball saver. Limit the game to two extra balls that are quite difficult to earn. Took the middle STDM prevention post out. Moved the outlanes to their widest positions. Changed the ruby slippers with lightning flippers.

There is a term for that. It's called: masochism

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/102?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.