Topic Stats

• 5,821 posts
  • 393 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by HIPPY
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 736 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cliffy Low Angle.JPG
23DA051C-4847-4278-85B1-9FD9C2276A75 (resized).jpeg
Combo_set_all_3_woz_mods_480x480 (resized).jpg
Top_city_wizard_of_oz_480x480 (resized).jpg
IMG_2485 (resized).JPG
IMG_2482 (resized).JPG
IMG_2480 (resized).JPG
IMG_4761 (resized).JPG
IMG_4756 (resized).JPG
IMG_4733 (resized).JPG
IMG_4717 (resized).JPG
woz (resized).png
WOZ-lights (resized).jpg
Capture9 (resized).JPG
Capture10 (resized).JPG
lights (resized).png

There are 5822 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 117.
#4951 6 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Closer to 1m every day....

Nice. I've had the game for 1.75 years now, and I've only gotten over 1m once. But when I did, it was amazing!

#4952 6 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think the shots that end up hitting the Munchkin PF are ones that hit between the R rainbow target and the ramp, the metal ramp protector causes them to shoot up and hit the PF. Not sure if a new ramp protector that extends out closer to the R target is feasible or if it would really help.

Shooting the ramp from the left flipper, often the ball catches air as it hits the side of the metal ramp flap. If the ball has a lot of speed (say one you hit on the fly during multiballs), then it can ping all over the place. Only played 3 WOZs, including mine, but happened on all of them.

As you say, the worst scenario for hitting and damaging the munchkin pf is probably the scenario you identify, but a protector to stop air in the scenario I describe would still result in fewer airballs, less potential damage to ramp, and more successful ramp shots - many are dead on, but simply catch too much air.

#4953 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Something that might help. That whole assembly is mounted to a piece you can bend forward or back. Get it working right, then bend forward or back to set the front of the arm to the right height for the balls.
LTG : )

Ill try that, thanks Lloyd!

#4954 6 months ago

Opinions wanted.
Leave it alone and just play (and replace the whole mini pf at a later date)
Put mylar down in that area and play
Put mylar down and get the cliffy
Other: please specify

Redraw the black line with a sharpie, install the cliffy edge protector. Use a little masking tape if you want a perfect line.
Mylar isnt necessary there.
You wont even be able to see the repair when finished as the cliffy is raised a little and will cover the area from view.

#4955 6 months ago

Just realized that I was the first post on the 100th page of this thread. Should have said something more epic.

#4956 6 months ago

As I play this more and more I realize I have no idea how the multiball and jackpot scoring work. I had a bad ass ball 1 last night where I got munchkin, crystal ball, and rescue multball, and then stacked emerald city on top of that. With the lights off, Im never sure exactly what to hit. I usually go for the ramp, witch, and winkie. I heard a lot of "JACKPOT!" "DOUBLE JACKPOT!" "TRIPLE JACKPOT!" and then I actually finally heard a "SUPER JACKPOT!" callout. I look up, Ive only for 300k. WHAT THE HELL!!! I feel like I score better with just 2 modes going...what is the deal here.

5 modes stacked, multiple jackpots, a SUPER jackpot...and I only had 515k by the end of ball 1. I really expected to be in the high 800's at least.

This game make it really hard to score big.

#4957 6 months ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

My brother (who aint a Pinsider) just ordered his first pinball machine, a WOZ 75th anniversary edition, which will be here in about a week.
Since he is totally new to the hobby I will try and help him out, even though im kinda new myself..

Anything in particular we should think about?
Any "must have" mods? Cliffys etc.
Known issues?

Gimme your opinions

Yesterday my brother's WOZ finally came. Went to his house to help set it up, but boy what an anticlimax that was...

26753801_10154985695590286_1312418664_n (resized).jpg
26754617_10154985695665286_944766165_n (resized).jpg
26695179_10154983725340286_1202377205_o (resized).jpg

The playfield glass has broken into a million pieces and the left side off the cab and the backbox has broken loose. Probably more damage but thats all we could see. We stopped unpacking when we noticed the damage.

What we think has happend is that the truck must have lift it up and transported it on the "wrong side" (not following the instructions on the box). Leading to too much weight on the outside of the package, causing it to drop crashing into the ground.

#4958 6 months ago

That’s terrible! I’m sure the freight people will have to cover it. Hope it gets cleared up fast for you.

#4959 6 months ago

As I play this more and more I realize I have no idea how the multiball and jackpot scoring work. I had a bad ass ball 1 last night where I got munchkin, crystal ball, and rescue multball, and then stacked emerald city on top of that. With the lights off, Im never sure exactly what to hit. I usually go for the ramp, witch, and winkie. I heard a lot of "JACKPOT!" "DOUBLE JACKPOT!" "TRIPLE JACKPOT!" and then I actually finally heard a "SUPER JACKPOT!" callout. I look up, Ive only for 300k. WHAT THE HELL!!! I feel like I score better with just 2 modes going...what is the deal here.
5 modes stacked, multiple jackpots, a SUPER jackpot...and I only had 515k by the end of ball 1. I really expected to be in the high 800's at least.

Also regarding Glinda re-light. It says "the rubber between the spinner and the bumpers" to re-light glinda. Is there a switch there? What rubber are they talking about? The post? I need to look closer tonight...I never noticed this.

#4960 6 months ago

Scoring is strange and at times seems un-balanced. The super jackpot is one you don't really want to score as it resets your progress towards completing Rescue multiball (you have to re-light all Rescue letters) and it only awards less than 10K. The highest scoring games will generally be from big bonuses from Munchkin and Haunted Forest modes that you complete during the stacked MBs. Collecting a good HOADC during MB will also award a lot of bonus points. There's also a munchkin multiplier that kicks in if you start and complete more than one Munchkin mode per ball.

#4961 6 months ago

What a bummer! Freight companies can be a PITA to deal with after delivery, I hope you noted the damage before the driver left.

Call JJP as they have more leverage with them than you would. Chances are if not already noted the shipper will try to claim that the signed delivery slip is proof they delivered it “undamaged” and probably wont even talk to you.

Edit:
Not saying hope is lost... just I would first go through JJP since they have the relatiotwith the shipper that can give them a lot more headway handing it for you.

#4962 6 months ago

Also regarding Glinda re-light. It says "the rubber between the spinner and the bumpers" to re-light glinda. Is there a switch there? What rubber are they talking about? The post? I need to look closer tonight...I never noticed this.

Yes, there is a small ring that is angled toward the Rainbow targets there and a switch behind it that registers like a sling without the kick of course.

#4963 6 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Scoring is strange and at times seems un-balanced. The super jackpot is one you don't really want to score as it resets your progress towards completing Rescue multiball (you have to re-light all Rescue letters) and it only awards less than 10K. The highest scoring games will generally be from big bonuses from Munchkin and Haunted Forest modes that you complete during the stacked MBs. Collecting a good HOADC during MB will also award a lot of bonus points. There's also a munchkin multiplier that kicks in if you start and complete more than one Munchkin mode per ball.

Best ball I ever had on the game was completing two munchkin modes (one of them frenzy), at one point haunted was on and I was in at least one multiball for most of the time. It was intense and a ton of fun. After the HODC multiplier ended up with a bonus just over 1m

#4964 6 months ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Yesterday my brother's WOZ finally came. Went to his house to help set it up, but boy what an anticlimax that was...

The playfield glass has broken into a million pieces and the left side off the cab and the backbox has broken loose. Probably more damage but thats all we could see. We stopped unpacking when we noticed the damage.
What we think has happend is that the truck must have lift it up and transported it on the "wrong side" (not following the instructions on the box). Leading to too much weight on the outside of the package, causing it to drop crashing into the ground.

OUCH!! That box looks like it was on the deck of the container ship during the voyage! I certainly hope they make it right by you quickly, what a total letdown.

#4965 6 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That’s terrible! I’m sure the freight people will have to cover it. Hope it gets cleared up fast for you.

Quoted from merccat:

What a bummer! Freight companies can be a PITA to deal with after delivery, I hope you noted the damage before the driver left.

Call JJP as they have more leverage with them than you would. Chances are if not already noted the shipper will try to claim that the signed delivery slip is proof they delivered it “undamaged” and probably wont even talk to you.

Edit:
Not saying hope is lost... just I would first go through JJP since they have the relatiotwith the shipper that can give them a lot more headway handing it for you.

Quoted from bobukcat:

OUCH!! That box looks like it was on the deck of the container ship during the voyage! I certainly hope they make it right by you quickly, what a total letdown.

The game shipped from Germany to Sweden, so there are actually more than one freight company who has handled this package. So far none of them has taken any responsibility for the damage clearly one of them has caused

Guess we have to try our luck with JPP.

#4966 6 months ago
Quoted from merccat:

Best ball I ever had on the game was completing two munchkin modes (one of them frenzy), at one point haunted was on and I was in at least one multiball for most of the time. It was intense and a ton of fun. After the HODC multiplier ended up with a bonus just over 1m

A BONUS of 1m? DAMN! I think my best after ball bonus has been close to 200k......wow.

#4967 6 months ago

A BONUS of 1m? DAMN! I think my best after ball bonus has been close to 200k......wow.

Yep, on any game I've ever scored close to or over 2M at least one bonus has been 800K+ with the highest just about 1M. It really rewards you for completing Multiple munchkin modes and even more so if that's done during stacked MBs.

#4968 6 months ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

If you went through a distributor they may be the ones to help you out as well since the final leg of shipping would have likely been handled by them.

Have had it happen with furniture myself, fortunately not pinball but was terrified the entire time my WOZ was in transit.

#4969 6 months ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

The game shipped from Germany to Sweden, so there are actually more than one freight company who has handled this package. So far none of them has taken any responsibility for the damage clearly one of them has caused

Did you arrange the transport, or did Freddy's? Assume it was purchased from there if it was NIB.

#4970 6 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Did you arrange the transport, or did Freddy's? Assume it was purchased from there if it was NIB.

It was bought from 4fun (Sweden) but shipped directly from Freddy's to our home adress, so they arranged the transport.

#4971 6 months ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

It was bought from 4fun (Sweden) but shipped directly from Freddy's to our home adress, so they arranged the transport.

Then it's 4fun's problem to rectify, not yours.

Hopefully they paid for transport insurance.

Though according to Freddy's shop, they only have available WOZ 75s with pf protectors installed, the ones without are on order.

So you may have a wait ...

#4972 6 months ago

Is there a PAPA/Bowen video for this game yet? I see the pre-release one,but I cant find an updated one.

#4973 6 months ago

Is there a PAPA/Bowen video for this game yet? I see the pre-release one,but I cant find an updated one.

There is not one yet, but looking forward to it too. The one you found is the latest by PAPA.

#4974 6 months ago

This is just as good. It takes you through all the rules and modes leading up to SOTR.

#4975 6 months ago

I thight that was the boom go pinball video at first. I was going to be like "not this guy" lol.

Ill check it out, thanks.

#4976 6 months ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Goes to show: always open while delivery is still there!

#4977 6 months ago

NEVER EVER sign untill verified! I always tell shippers you can help me open or wait longer while I do it myself.

#4978 6 months ago

Man that is Terrible, I was lucky with my one and only NIB, and made a noob mistake of signing immediately. Now I now... never again best of luck!

#4979 6 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Man that is Terrible, I was lucky with my one and only NIB, and made a noob mistake of signing immediately. Now I now... never again best of luck!

It’s tough when you’ve been dreaming and waiting and tracking and it’s finally here and the guy says just sign here and your good to go.

#4980 6 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Nice. I've had the game for 1.75 years now, and I've only gotten over 1m once. But when I did, it was amazing!

Yeah, I suck at pinball too... I got close, but the software update wiped it.

#4981 6 months ago

891,550 last night....inching closer.

Ive just been avoiding rescue now unless I have everything else going already. Im still not sure how the bonus works/doesnt work with that multiball so I just assume avoid it so it doesnt hurt my score.

#4982 6 months ago

looks like Im close to getting one...Not going crazy with mods...It will have a shaker. 2-3 best mods? I like the better witch and castle walls if I can find them.

#4983 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im having some trouble dialling in my lock down bar settings.
I have had it working perfectly in the past.
I had to squeeze the bracket a little to get the arm closer to the magnet so that it would grab a little firmer (when 3 balls rest on the end the arm wouldnt raise as it had sagged a bit over time).
It seems to pinch the last ball of 3 when starting a multiball/
I bent the bar adjustment tab up 1/2 mm but more than that will allow the balls to escape when they run thru the huts.
Adjusting the times has had little effect.
This sure is a delicate and fine adjustment and has me stumped.
I have it working fairly well but it can stick a ball under the arm once in awhile, Smacking the cab releases it usually.
Any stories out there on what you did to get it working mostly perfectly (other than setting it to virtual)?

Update:

i took LTG's advice and re-examined the assembly as a whole.

The lockdown bar is one piece that fits in below the coil.
There is a point on it that has a slight bend just above the metal adjustment tab below it.

I straightened the bend in the lockdown bar plate slightly and now get another 2mm of travel height.

Being more scientific at this point I took some measurements:

Measuring from the plastic surface of the ramp to the bottom of the hooked end of the lockdown bar:

12mm is too low and may not release the balls correctly
16mm is too high and may allow fast running balls to escape.

13.5 mm to 14mm seems to work well enough.

With the lockdown bar completely raised, measuring from the ramp surface to the bottom of the lockdown bar hook:

1 1/8" is too low the ball stays trapped (the ball itself is 1 1/16")

1 1/4" + or - a couple 32nds semms to work well enough and may rub on the 3rd ball but will not stop it.

The rest is just timing adjustments from the service menu:

ball one = 220 to 235
ball two = 216 to 225
ball three = 220 to 235

So I have it dialed in again and posted some measurements for others who might become lost or confused by this.

Thanks Lloyd for the insight! Hopefully meet you at TPF

#4984 6 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

looks like Im close to getting one...Not going crazy with mods...It will have a shaker. 2-3 best mods? I like the better witch and castle walls if I can find them.

The Red Smoke Witch mod is sold out, but if you can find someone who is willing to sell their's, get it. It's by far the best mod for the game.

Also get the Back Alley Creations tornado and castle walls mods.

#4985 6 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The Red Smoke Witch mod is sold out, but if you can find someone who is willing to sell their's, get it. It's by far the best mod for the game.
Also get the Back Alley Creations tornado and castle walls mods.

Thx

#4986 6 months ago

891,550 last night....inching closer.
Ive just been avoiding rescue now unless I have everything else going already. Im still not sure how the bonus works/doesnt work with that multiball so I just assume avoid it so it doesnt hurt my score.

I've been trying to max out rescue. 1400 base jackpots, plus the 1/2/3x multiplier on every shot adds up quick, throw in a crystal ball mode and it gets sweeter. At that point it's pretty easy to get EC multiball started too.

#4987 6 months ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Yeah, I suck at pinball too... I got close, but the software update wiped it.

Who said I sucked at pinball?!!!

I'm at least average . . . .

#4988 6 months ago

Ok now I'm getting pissed. The coil was fried that goes with the drop target. So I replaced it and it still fires. Then i ordered a new transistor that controls the coil and it still fires and locks when the game is on. NOW WHAT?

20180114_182159 (resized).jpg

#4989 6 months ago

Is there some inadvertent connection between those wires and something else?

#4990 6 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok now I'm getting pissed. The coil was fried that goes with the drop target. So I replaced it and it still fires. Then i ordered a new transistor that controls the coil and it still fires and locks when the game is on. NOW WHAT?

Could you have reversed the wires on the coil?

#4991 6 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Could you have reversed the wires on the coil?

Coil shouldn't have a diode, diode is on the I/O board ( I left you a message ) so diode on the I/O board could be bad.

#4992 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Coil shouldn't have a diode, diode is on the I/O board ( I left you a message ) so diode on the I/O board could be bad.

His coil is showing a diode so there is one problem.

#4993 6 months ago

I have finally landed in Oz!

Brought home a really nice 2.0 Woz standard.

Fixed up the Winkie drop target switch issues it had and reconnected all the audio and video connections and now the game is perfect.

Picked up second hand castle walls which I got installed today and have the upgraded Wicked Witch on its way from over seas.

My family loves it too and we have been playing it all weekend.

I would love some Invisiglass but I just can’t justify the cost. Maybe I will pull the sheet I have off my Indy.

21C990C8-BF07-4373-8AFD-ABCD8B5F74DB (resized).jpeg

78A2CDD8-8454-4EB9-8BF9-025AFF299BBD (resized).jpeg

406143DB-594F-400E-9539-1C1A0A5F0F9F (resized).jpeg

BD2BD308-659D-4D73-915A-D938135BD24F (resized).jpeg

#4994 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from DCFAN:

His coil is showing a diode so there is one problem.

This is how the coil came from JJP. This is the org coil with diode.

#4995 6 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This is how the coil came from JJP. This is the org coil with diode.

Yes, it happens. And sadly easy to mix up the wires to the coil then.

#4996 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, it happens. And sadly easy to mix up the wires to the coil then.

Can u tell me which Resistor?

#4997 6 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can u tell me which Resistor?

Diode.

I'm sorry I don't know. Not in the manual. You might call JJP and ask Frank or Ken.

#4998 6 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with an air ball stopper for the ramp, yet.
A ton of ramp shots aren't made because they jump, and most of the hits to Munchkin pf edge are rebounds from air off the ramp.

I fixed mine a long time ago ... well fixed it 99% of the time. I unscrewed one of the bottom ramp screws to completely flatten the ramp transition with the metal piece. That fixed it for me. Try it. Someone suggested it to me about a year or so ago and is probably buried somewhere in one of these WOZ threads. Remove one of the screws and see if it helps. If not, switch to the other screw. If that still doesn't work, at least you tried something that worked for a few people.

#4999 6 months ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Well, that stinks.
Have you ever thought about putting on yellow Titan flipper rings instead of the red ones you have on now, it will make the outline of the ruby slippers much more noticeable and looks great.

I installed the glow in the dark ones - those kind of match the playfield idea/intention underneath them. They really look cool under black light with the way the playfield is. I'm going to eventually install a LED UV strip for a trough light when I get time. Just debating if I should tie that into the randomly blinking state fair light from WOZMODS that I bought a long time ago.

#5000 6 months ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I have finally landed in Oz!
Brought home a really nice 2.0 Woz standard.
Fixed up the Winkie drop target switch issues it had and reconnected all the audio and video connections and now the game is perfect.
Picked up second hand castle walls which I got installed today and have the upgraded Wicked Witch on its way from over seas.
My family loves it too and we have been playing it all weekend.
I would love some Invisiglass but I just can’t justify the cost. Maybe I will pull the sheet I have off my Indy.

Glad my mod father walls are being used again on your new 2.0,enjoy your Woz it is a classic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenwood, IN
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 5822 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 117.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside