IMG_4069.JPG
Shooter_lane.JPG
100_3910.JPG
100_3909.JPG
100_3908.JPG
100_3906.JPG
100_3895.JPG
100_4009.JPG
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Stuck how? It's a series of magnets. Do you mean stuck behind the Flying Monkey lock door?

Yes stuck at the door. Once the flying monkey brought the ball to the top playfield the ball would get stuck in that corner and you had to shake the machine quite hard to get it unstuck. It happened 6 or 7 times when I was watching people play.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

And the ball kept getting stuck at the flying monkey.

Happened on both machines, multiple times. They were blaming the switch for being too long to allow the ball to center itself in front of the door that releases it.

No way this game is at 80% complete, yet. They mentioned that they are struggling to get the crystal ball's "light show" to work the way they want.

#53 11 years ago

I hope that wasn't 80% finished. Very little animations, no good sound effects really or animations with the spinning house or witch yet. It seemed very incomplete so far. But I think the final game is going to be quite entertaining.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

He also said that operators WILL jump the line and get their games before people with numbers. He said getting the game out in the public is more important than people being upset that they got jumped. I agree.

Wow!! I'm an op and I had thought of asking him if he'd consider doing this, but I never had it in me. I figured I'd get shut down. That is really great news.

#55 11 years ago

Hmm. Probably not very hard to fix that switch problem - use a slightly smaller actuator, or maybe change to a magnetic switch (don't think there's room for an opto up there). Odd this wasn't an issue on prior prototypes, even the one at Comic Con - I guess it's one of those things you find out as you start using production parts.

And yeah, from what I saw on WGN this morning, programming is still a ways off. Although, there's nothing that says that what we're seeing is all that's been programmed - just all they're ready to reveal (although I would have hoped for maybe ONE functional traditional mode).

#56 11 years ago

Video from Expo (that I found on the tubes)

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Odd this wasn't an issue on prior prototypes, even the one at Comic Con - I guess it's one of those things you find out as you start using production parts.

Exactly why the game needs to be play tested, tweaked, and then play tested some more!

#58 11 years ago

Thanks for the nice video. It looks like a few more video segments were tied into the gameplay.
It will be nice when all of the inserts are working in gameplay, instead of color changing attact mode.

#59 11 years ago

The game over is very clever ( Witch writing in smoke ) Looks very nice indeed .

Only thing i can see that looks a bit iffy is the upper right flipper shot looks like you don't have time to see the ball coming from under the house / rainbow area .

#60 11 years ago

It's amusing to see all you guys getting your undies in a bundle over an unfinished game. Sorry, had to say it. Some of youz guys need to RELAX.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It's amusing to see all you guys getting your undies in a bundle over an unfinished game. Sorry, had to say it. Some of youz guys need to RELAX.

This site is about fun. Anticipation is a big part of fun.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from criss:

Only thing i can see that looks a bit iffy is the upper right flipper shot looks like you don't have time to see the ball coming from under the house / rainbow area .

There is a magnet to catch the ball above that right flipper to set up the shot. That magnet catch does not appear to have been put in the code yet.

#63 11 years ago

Looking forward to hopefully playing a game on WOZ tonight. To be honest, I wasn't too keen on the theme when I first heard about it, but it looks like its fun to play. JJP has done a great job on the design from what I've seen so far.

#64 11 years ago

End of ball bonus screen needs some work.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If the game is designed to appeal to women and children, then we might all have to accept that it is not going to be a fast game.
That does not mean that it won't be fun!

For sure. I love RS, and it is very far from being a speed demon!

I'm just wondering what the pitch is at on WoZ, because those levelers look like they are almost all the way down. Will be interesting to see what pitch they recommend for it (based on the bubble level).

#66 11 years ago

Exellent stuff , thanx for clearing that up .

The game sure looks like its progressing along very nice indeed

Quoted from DCFAN:

There is a magnet to catch the ball above that right flipper to set up the shot. That magnet catch does not appear to have been put in the code yet.

#67 11 years ago

I have to admit I am seeing progress.

Maybe there's a lesson here about not showing games too early.

#68 11 years ago

The game looks amazing, gameplay is pretty good, obviously no real code and scoring on the test games. Even with that being said its fun, the two upperplayfields need some work still, the ball gets stuck a lot on the castle PF, and it's supposedly a switch design issue and both upper flippers seem very weak. Not sure if the power on those will be turned up or not, but seems real weak. Other than the code that thing is pretty well set. Build quality on the games looks to be top notch. I recall someone commenting on the cabinets look bettern than some newer play fields do.

#69 11 years ago

criss, this is the first time i've noticed your avatar, and it is straight up awesome.

#70 11 years ago

are they letting any one walk up and play it or what?

#71 11 years ago

I am very excited, but am begining to get worried that there will not be enough stop and go. Can anyone at the show comment on this? There seems to be more flow that I thought there would be.

Thanks

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

are they letting any one walk up and play it or what?

Yep just wait in line and play a two ball game on one of the two machines they have there.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am very excited, but am begining to get worried that there will not be enough stop and go. Can anyone at the show comment on this? There seems to be more flow that I thought there would be.

Mike you are worried about too much flow, most guys are worried about to much stop and go...i think if there is a debate on both sides JJP might have gotten the balance correct.

#74 11 years ago

Mike you are worried about too much flow, most guys are worried about to much stop and go...i think if there is a debate on both sides JJP might have gotten the balance correct.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Thanks for the feedback. I would be happy with balance.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

LOL, that's good material.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Video from Expo (that I found on the tubes)
» YouTube video

I didn't know until I watched the video, I'm the first guy playing when the video starts.

#78 11 years ago

I'm sure glad all games don't play the same. Variety is key.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I'm sure glad all games don't play the same. Variety is key.

Agreed. I was hoping for something reminiscent of TZ, but will be happy with a nice balance.

#80 11 years ago

I found another video

The question to Chris Granner during the Jersey Jack Pinball Fireside Chat was "Tell us about the Wizard Of Oz sound system."

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Wow!! I'm an op and I had thought of asking him if he'd consider doing this, but I never had it in me. I figured I'd get shut down. That is really great news.

Hey Bobby, what a coincidence. I was in Omaha yesterday and saw a large box with your name on it ready to be shipped.

#82 11 years ago

Another Video

#83 11 years ago

That's a great video.

#84 11 years ago

Got to play it tonight. It is very beautiful, for lack of a better word. Feels solid- and very expensive. Obviously it isn't finished, but the shots felt good.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

criss, this is the first time i've noticed your Avatar, and it is straight up awesome.

Raul has done so much for pinball , at the very least he deserves a fan club . membership is always open to all

#86 11 years ago

I was there Friday and helped set the angle and level the game. We set it up at 6 degrees. I also got to look into the bottom cabinet and see inside the brains are. The game was beautiful before it was turned on and unbelievable with the lights on. I didn't play it as I want to play the finished game at home #47. Also went to the dinner with other owners of the game and Jack and crew. Great time!

#87 11 years ago

Played it 6 times today. It is not finished as stated but its pretty spectacular. I do also agree the flippers do not seem as strong as we would all want them. I hit the ramps but the left orbit was tough and when I did make it the ball just moved s l o w. but I'll assume it will end up amazing. Best looking game I've ever seen. Period.
Light show is absolutely stunning.
Sounds are amazing.
Monitor just feels modern as it should.
Build quality looks to be the best ever.
I liked the multi-ball intro very much.
All felt well just hope the flippers are a little stronger.
When the playfield was lifted I was amazed at everything going on under there. It's really something' to see.
Well played JJP

image.jpgimage.jpg

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I do also agree the flippers do not seem as strong as we would all want them.

Why is this still the case after PPE!?!?!?!

#89 11 years ago

Played the game last night. Got 17,000 points on two ball. I had to do a lot of ball traps and had to make sure my shot were lined up. Got multiball, got the monkey to pick up the ball twice and carry it up to the castle. One was successful the other ball dropped from the monkey before it got to the upper playfields. Was able to get the ball to the upper playfield twice via the vuk and opened the castle gate both times. Was successful getting the ball through the gate once. Was successful getting the ball around Dorothy's house 7 or 8 times. Vey easy and fun to do. Right orbit shot is easy to shoot and has good flow. Game is well built fun to play, but the flipper strength was weak. I like the game but JJP better do something about the lack of power in the flippers. right far ramp was hard to make. 50% of the shot came back down the ramp

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure why it wasn't been addressed yet.

#91 11 years ago

Looks great!When finished and all the bugs worked out,I believe that the ones that pre-ordered will get a pin worth a lot more than they payed for due to the quality of materials,craftsmanship and innovations that went into this pin! In the housing market I call this instant equity.
Good job JJP...

#92 11 years ago

Glad to see some comments about how the shots felt. From earlier video, it looked to me like the shots were hitting the posts a lot. Keep them comments coming!

#93 11 years ago

Can anyone who played it on Fri (or later) tell me if the ball was still getting stuck after the monkey dropped it off? It happened about 15 times while I was watching/playing on Thurs. and I wondered why they wouldn't just fix the switch instead of open the glass and free the ball each time... ???

It happened on both machines.

#94 11 years ago

It's very quiet here. Are there not more opinions from people who could play it at the expo? What do you think from the layout could it be fun with decent rules? Is it just for kids or could a pinhead have fun with it? There must be more people that played it.

You could PM me if you don't want to say it open here. Just want to be sure buying it.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Just want to be sure buying it.

Wait until it comes out next summer and play it first, yourself.

At this point, there is no hurry to order one. They are not going to run out.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

It's very quiet here. Are there not more opinions from people who could play it at the expo? What do you think from the layout could it be fun with decent rules? Is it just for kids or could a pinhead have fun with it? There must be more people that played it.
You could PM me if you don't want to say it open here. Just want to be sure buying it.

At this point it's like playing a beautiful machine with bare minimum rules. The machine has a long way to go on code and rules. There is no rules for the witch, both mini playfields, the wizard, the crystal ball, toto outlane, the left outlanes, no hurry up, woz top lanes and many more features yet in the game. I am sure this is what is being worked on now by Keith. It was nice to try out the game at expo even if it was in a test state.
Getting to your question I think with Keith's rules implemented that this game will be fun to play given the layout.
JJP had the playfields on their table and the playfields looked absolutely amazing. The cabinet on the 2 games looked stunning as well.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah the only time I could make the ramp shot was when the ball had some velocity behind it. Here's hoping they increase the coil strength. That's probably why the game's angle was so low.

All in all, I found the game very nice to look at... but kinda "meh" to play so far. We'll see where they go with it. I didn't understand the rules at all (yes I know they're not finished yet), so basically just batted the ball around to get a feel for the shot layout. Got a pretty decent score, over 12 million on 1 ball!

Opinion so far: Sounds great, looks great, plays too slow for my liking (but then I didn't buy one). The only thing I really don't like the look of is the wooden plaque on the LE aprons. That's just a personal preference thing though.

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Got a pretty decent score, over 12 million on 1 ball!

The scoring is super low in this game. Are you sure it wasn't 12,000 on one ball? I didn't see anyone get near a million points myself. It was funny seeing scores like 'total Bonus 412'.

I thought it was a fun game. The low scoring was neat as well and different. Looks amazing, you can tell it is well made and a beautiful machine.

#99 11 years ago

Got a pretty decent score, over 12 million on 1 ball!

Are you still talking about WOZ? I do not think 12 million has been achieved at all.

Opinion so far: Sounds great, looks great, plays too slow for my liking (but then I didn't buy one). The only thing I really don't like the look of is the wooden plaque on the LE aprons. That's just a personal preference thing though.

I think the wood plaque gives the pin a "warm" feeling. I am actually a big fan of woodworking so that might have something to do with it.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

(prefaced to say... unless I win the lottery; I will most likely never ever spend more that $2000.00 on any pinball machine... new or used)

Stood and watched several games be played at Expo.
Nothing made me drool with desire to stand in line to play at all. Nothing made me go "Wow! that's cool! I gotta try that!"
(As opposed to other machines around Expo, which I would have my interest peaked enough to wait for the person to finish and jump on.)

Yes... it looks beautiful. But I still walk away scratching my head at why anyone would pick WOZ as a theme for a modern day pinball machine. If there were thousands of family-style arcades around the world with pinball in them... maybe... but for the handful of bars & gas stations that still have machines on route? Just doesn't make since. Obviously... pinheads will be buying the bulk majority of the machines, but I doubt most of those collectors have kids who will leave their X-Box/PS3 to play a pinball machine.

My 2 cents.

Greg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-expo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.