Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I am debating jumping on board to buy this, too unique an opportunity to pass up on I think and the more I keep seeing the better and better it looks. Just wanted to see if anyone had a good recommendation for where to purchase this or if there were any "deals" still out there for less than the $7,500 base price? I am in CO so hoping to minimize shipping and taxes if possible but I don't know of anywhere local that is selling. Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

Why not just order directly from JJP's sales division. They still have some left I believe.
The price is going to be about the same no matter where you get it, and it is being made where JJP is located so it would be directly shipped to you.

#3 12 years ago

I figured that was probably the best option just hoping maybe there was a slightly better price or deal somewhere.

#4 12 years ago

I believe the Limited Edition games that are left are all reserved by distributors. So if you want one of them, start calling around and asking distributors:
http://jerseyjackpinball.com/ourdistributors.aspx

If you want a regular edition at $6500, I'd also call distributors, or email/call Jack.

#5 12 years ago

I don't think you're going to find an LE for less than $7,500. I'd love to hear if you do, however.

#6 12 years ago

There are limited releases left and they will not budge off of the price of $7,500. If you order your pinball now, you will need a minimum of half down ($3,750) and you will not get your machine until late summer or early fall.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

and you will not get your machine until late summer or early fall.

Who knows when they will actually ship, but yesterday on the WOZ forum Jack said games would ship end of May - mid June.

#8 12 years ago

Last time I checked Jack still had some available.

Pinballsales.com

The price is fixed no matter where you buy it. You could get the non-LE for $6500.

#9 12 years ago

What are the differences in the versions? I know there is a regular, LE, and Emerald City LE (which has green legs and trim) but, what are the major differences? I'm anxious to hear what the next title is going to be.

#10 12 years ago

Paid $7700 for mine with shipping. And I feel lucky, I split the shipping with the seller...

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm anxious to hear what the next title is going to be.

Maybe "Gone with the Wind"? Hitting all the old classics one by one...

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Maybe "Gone with the Wind"?

ZZZZZZZ...boring, though my wife would like the theme. War of the Worlds would be better or some of the other old sci-fi movies.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What are the differences in the versions?

There are only two versions: Emerald City Limited Edition and the Regular Edition.

Off the top of my head, things the ECLE will have that the regular will not:
-Interactive topper (who knows what that means)
-Shaker
-Non-glare glass
-Custom legs, rails, lockdown bar, hinges
-A different mirrored backglass
-More goodies/extras
-Numbered plaque and Certificate of Authenticity hand signed by the Design Team

Gameplay, rules, and playfield features are the same between the two. So if you buy the regular edition you won't get the bling, but it will play the same as the limited edition.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Gameplay, rules, and playfield features are the same between the two. So if you buy the regular edition you won't get the bling, but it will play the same as the limited edition.

Which, to me, is exactly as it should be. Give my level one, bare bones and playing exactly the same, or give me level 2 with some cosmetics and toys that don't change game play, just make me feel "higher in status"

Watered down lowest level games...bleh.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Shows that JJ is a smart guy and knows his market. Very few in this hobby will want a stripped down pin for 4-5k or even 3-4k. If he keeps his prices equal, there's a very good possibility I may be on board for his next release, as long as I dig the theme.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

eggbert52 said:and you will not get your machine until late summer or early fall.
Who knows when they will actually ship, but yesterday on the WOZ forum Jack said games would ship end of May - mid June.

I know because Jen told me that would be when I would get my machine.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What are the differences in the versions? I know there is a regular, LE, and Emerald City LE (which has green legs and trim) but, what are the major differences? I'm anxious to hear what the next title is going to be.

Unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine:

>>> -Limited to 1,000 units
>>> -Each game will have a numbered plaque affixed to the game apron to be
seen under the playfield glass - # of 1,000 etc..
>>> -Certificate of Authenticity, hand signed by the Design Team
>>> -Body armor is in the Emerald Green/Black special finish that Matt has
chosen with Jerry. The four legs, side rails, hinges, lockdown bar.
>>> -Emerald Green Mirror effect backglass framing a commercial 26" Wells
>>> Gardner LCD monitor which will display scores, animation, movie clips,
>>> attract mode, backglass artwork and more.
>>> -Optical non-reflective playfield glass.
>>> -Interactive Emerald City Limited Edition Topper

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

>>> Gardner LCD monitor which will display scores, animation, movie clips,

Wait, the standard pin won't have the LCD? That doesnt seem right.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I know because Jen told me that would be when I would get my machine.

That makes sense if you buy a machine now because they are going to be shipped based on when you ordered. I ordered a few days after Jack announced the game, so hopefully I'll have mine sometime in June/July. So yes, if you order now you probably shouldn't expect to see a game until late summer or early fall.

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Wait, the standard pin won't have the LCD? That doesnt seem right.

The regular edition will have the same LCD display.

#20 12 years ago

One other note, I would be willing to bet that JJP will not hold the shaker code as intellectual property like Stern has done with LOTR. In other words, I think the non-LE people will be able to add a shaker if they choose to do so with WOZ (non-LE).
Jack has recently said that he was even considering making the code readily capable of being modded so that if someone wants to write something for the gameplay code it could be made available by that person for anybody to download and there would not be any intellectual property issues. If they do that there could be many different gameplay codes that the owner could select from, and you could essentially change the game whenever you want. That would be great for us collectors and pinheads.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That would be great for us collectors and pinheads.

+1.04

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

One other note, I would be willing to bet that JJP will not hold the shaker code as intellectual property like Stern has done with LOTR. In other words, I think the non-LE people will be able to add a shaker if they choose to do so with WOZ (non-LE).
Jack has recently said that he was even considering making the code readily capable of being modded so that if someone wants to write something for the gameplay code it could be made available by that person for anybody to download and there would not be any intellectual property issues. If they do that there could be many different gameplay codes that the owner could select from, and you could essentially change the game whenever you want. That would be great for us collectors and pinheads.

WHere did he say that? I'm pretty sure I recall Keefer saying he was against open "home coding" because it would most likely mess some things up. The amount of nuances in coding rules and effects in a pin is not trivial. Even for self-assessed 'experienced' programmers.

#25 12 years ago

He had to backtrack a little bit on the open code. He said for licensed games the license holder won't allow people to modify stuff on their own. He did mention people being able to make their own modifications on original themes, but I think it would entail it having to be reviewed by JJP to be sure that nothing is screwy or would mess anything up. Also keep in mind that I'm spouting this off the top of my head and I could be remembering incorrectly, or I could just be insane. Or both.

#26 12 years ago

I think now is the time to act if you want onboard for the WOZ...I beleive it will go up in value immediately....simple supply and demand theory

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

you will not get your machine until late summer or early fall.

How do you figure the date? JJP just sent out an update and said they are starting production on March 13. He has said he plans on producing 15 machines a day. That means he plans on building the pins in 67 days. If he builds Monday-Friday only he will be finished with all 1,000 LE's on June 13. Anybody have any real info to prove otherwise?

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

He had to backtrack a little bit on the open code. He said for licensed games the license holder won't allow people to modify stuff on their own. He did mention people being able to make their own modifications on original themes,

That is what I remember as well. He wanted to have the code open but said the license would not allow that.

#29 12 years ago

.Us early pre-orders should have
some gametime in by the end of June.

Ship - end of May - mid June

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

eggbert52 said:you will not get your machine until late summer or early fall.
How do you figure the date? JJP just sent out an update and said they are starting production on March 13. He has said he plans on producing 15 machines a day. That means he plans on building the pins in 67 days. If he builds Monday-Friday only he will be finished with all 1,000 LE's on June 13. Anybody have any real info to prove otherwise?

No, Jack himself just stated that the LEs will start shipping around the end of May or early June. Even if the production line is started on March 13, you won't see any finished, ready-to-ship games for some time after. Later LE orders will probably ship sometime in August, and that pushes regular WOZ shipments to the fall. At least based on info provided to date.

#31 12 years ago

i would jump on board now. the price of this pin will go up after the release!!
Pincades
TG got his from me
JT

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

i would jump on board now. the price of this pin will go up after the release!!

I don't know if that has ever happened before, maybe with BBB. I agree with you, this pin is not going to drop in value and may go up in price right after release.

#33 12 years ago

Not sure how much the LEs will go up in value (unless you pre-ordered at $6.5k), because there will be plenty of regular WOZs available with identical gameplay after the LEs are manufactured. The best outcome here isn't an 'investment' scenario, but rather that WOZ is a killer game (feel, play, rules, audio, LCD video) that gets people playing on location again and revives general pin popularity. The Stern cookie-cutter games of recent years, with their license-based sales promotion and differentiated features, ain't doing it.

#34 12 years ago

I've heard a few reports from people ordering the "standard" WOZ who are getting it factory upgraded with a shaker and non-glare glass.

For the code thing... if you go back to the interview on January 1, 2011, you'll hear that he said even back then that the code/rules would not be open for licensed games, and only a possibility for original themes.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

eggbert52 said:you will not get your machine until late summer or early fall.

Hey man did you read my earlier post? I ordered one and that's why.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

absocountry2 said:eggbert52 said:you will not get your machine until late summer or early fall.
No, Jack himself just stated that the LEs will start shipping around the end of May or early June. Even if the production line is started on March 13, you won't see any finished, ready-to-ship games for some time after. Later LE orders will probably ship sometime in August, and that pushes regular WOZ shipments to the fall. At least based on info provided to date.

Thanks Steven. Not sure why everything has to become a pissing match.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

The best outcome here isn't an 'investment' scenario, but rather that WOZ is a killer game

Which, for you guys lucky enough to get one, may send this pin into MM territory in short order. All I know is the theme does nothing for me and yet, the more I see of it, the more I like it.

#38 12 years ago

With Black Spideys going for 8k-8.5k if WOZ doesn't disappoint then it's at least 9k even though 1,000 will be done on LE...In any event, mine will never be for sale

#39 12 years ago

I asked Jen Guarnieri from Jersey Jack when the pin will be delivered and the reply was:

"You should have your game by the end of summer/very early fall. We will have a more specific date once we get rolling. I will be in touch."

I ordered mine less than a month a go, if that makes any different. this email was sent to me 3 days ago.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With Black Spideys going for 8k-8.5k if WOZ doesn't disappoint then it's at least 9k even though 1,000 will be done on LE...In any event, mine will never be for sale

This! at least for the WOZECLE anyway.

Also, Isn't it great that when you send JJP an e-mail that Jack or Jen usually is the one that answers. They seem to be great folk.

#41 12 years ago

Maybe get it touch with game exchange of Colorado. He is just off of 6th and I 25.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yep DC, I meant the LE version, gonna LED my LOTR after I get done with SM....how are you liking all the figs on LOTR?

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

Maybe get it touch with game exchange of Colorado. He is just off of 6th and I 25.

We are at this time not a Distributorship of JJP Products Sorry, this may change but not at this time.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Uh, Sorry for the BSM buyers but, known black spidey went for 10,500 recently, new jersey, know of one went for 9400 plus shipping, overseas, a few months back, you are a tad(?) low. 8-8500 BSM's getting snapped up very quickly. With reds increasing, so do Blacks....Mine for sale 10k, original owner, have box, very low plays, etc....Get it before it is 11k.

Woz, time will tell.......

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Uh, Sorry for the BSM buyers but, known black spidey went for 10,500 recently, new jersey, know of one went for 9400 plus shipping, overseas, a few months back, you are a tad(?) low. 8-8500 BSM's getting snapped up very quickly. With reds increasing, so do Blacks....Mine for sale 10k, original owner, have box, very low plays, etc....Get it before it is 11k.

Black SM is going to be so outdated after JJ gets the ball rolling on his pins, you'll be lucky if it holds at 6k.

#46 12 years ago

GAP had his at $8-8.5 and it sat for a while. Still not sure if it sold yet.

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

DCFAN said:

Yep DC, I meant the LE version, gonna LED my LOTR after I get done with SM....how are you liking all the figs on LOTR?

I am very happy with LOTR figures the way I have it.
If I was you I would be very careful about LED's in LOTR . I don't think they look right on that pin in the inserts and general game illumination. SM looks pretty good with LED's because of its bold colors. LOTR is more muted color palette and LED's do not really match with it.

I just got my Red DMD cover installed in SM and it looks great! It only takes about ten minutes to install. I also just finished installing the pinbits plastic protectors which were a little difficult aroound the ramps and left side of the playfield so it took about 3 hours (being careful as heck).

Now I am going to get some 555 non-ghosting LED's for the inserts on SM from pinballlife.

#48 12 years ago

Black SM is going to be so outdated after JJ gets the ball rolling on his pins, you'll be lucky if it holds at 6k.

Don't even know why, or how, somebody wanted to compare BSM to Woz, just saying actual results on BSM. Might as well compare Popeye to WOZ......

Again, Woz, time will tell....It will be interesting. Glad Jack is making pins, great for the hobby.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think it had a lot of plays, and was not HUO.......

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

jayhawkai said:

I think it had a lot of plays, and was not HUO.......

He said it was mint with low plays. I decided to go with a red SM NIB instead because of shipping, price, and used vs. new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-emerald-city-le-for-sale?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.