(Topic ID: 107683)

WOZ - ECLE vs. RR - what would you choose? Why?

By Hjbondar

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

If price were the same - assuming NIB -------

#2 9 years ago

RR stands for? (Roger Rabbit? )

#3 9 years ago

RR = Ruby Red.

Toss up for me. I like both editions about the same. Plus to RR for the topper and the toys; Plus to ECLE for the green powder coat, wood apron.

#4 9 years ago

I have the green but would definitely trade for the red if I had the chance I think it looks great.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

RR = Ruby Red.

Thanks

I had the privilege to witness opening of a NIB Ruby red last week end. That game is beautiful. The red is absolutely gorgeous. Based on pictures I would have chosen ECLE without a doubt... not anymore.

#6 9 years ago

Go with Royal Rumble. Sure, it's a bit dated, but it's still so much fun!

#7 9 years ago

Thanks all - I like the red but my kids are concerned about the apron not being the nice wood of the ECLE and the cabinet being decaled and not looking as nice as the the direct print ones. My son thinks this will negatively impact resale values - any opinions on these items?

#8 9 years ago

I can't speak for the whole market, so I can't speak about what the longer term resale will do... but I'd prefer the green. To my eyes, green is a far more pleasant color.

#9 9 years ago

Put some time on a WOZLE Emerald Edition at the Replay Museum last week. The game is really gorgeous and I love the green trim. With that said I haven't seen the red edition, but pretty sure it would look equally stunning.

I would opt for the Ruby Red version personally. Less supply should equate to a slightly higher resale value.

#10 9 years ago

I had I nib green from august 2013 run. Traded up to a RR that I just picked up last weekend, had to add an additional $1150. Did it because I wanted the newest parts hoping that I can avoid board failures and so on. Supposedly the folks who got my ecle were very happy and had no issues with my old ecle # 56. My new # on the RR is 819 which is my birthday. Didn't have opportunity to pick # on ecle because it was bought from someone that dropped out of his preorder. Can't wait to get this RR set up. Hopefully this weekend.

#12 9 years ago

Green looks better, has the direct print cabinet, invisiglass, and the wood apron. Red has extra toys (that can be bought and added to green) and a different topper. Green all the way, no question.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Thanks all - I like the red but my kids are concerned about the apron not being the nice wood of the ECLE and the cabinet being decaled and not looking as nice as the the direct print ones. My son thinks this will negatively impact resale values - any opinions on these items?

They are all nice. I have the green, and I do like the apron and the cabinet. But I've played plenty on the standard, and I thought it was just fine. The trim and wire forms gave it a slightly old school look which is also cool. The red seems more bling and is a great choice.

So if I had my choice (and I do), I'll stick with the green. But I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them. Fun game.

#14 9 years ago

Everything Pimp said. But to add one more point: I just think the RR has too much red in it. Red apron, red armor, red PF. The green in ECLE offsets all that red on the PF and gives it better color contrast. But at the end of the day, the game's a blast no matter what color you get.

#15 9 years ago

#16 9 years ago

I own the EC green. I personally think the green fits the theme better. However, the RR has a lot of bling to it. I haven't personally seen the RR version... I would give a slight edge to the green, for many of the reasons stated above.

#17 9 years ago

I go with RR, but I am biased because I just ordered one. 2-3 weeks. Can't wait.

#18 9 years ago

I'd go Standard. The Stainless trim feels better to play. And the wood apron looks kinda meh to me.

#19 9 years ago

Green. Fits the theme, has a wood apron, toys can be added and you just don't see that much green in pins compared to red or blue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ecle-vs-rr-what-would-you-choose-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.