• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

troll.jpg
troll-1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Ok, so I am pretty sure I am going to get the WOZ ECLE pin.
I have been watching the market here and I keep seeing this machine pop up anywhere from $8000 to $8500.
I guess I have to ask, am I missing something?
How can they afford to sell their machines for a $1500+ loss??
2 of them are new in box.
One was ordered in 2011 to be delivered next month. What confuses me about that is I can buy one today locally from a vendor NIB.
So what gives here. I dont want to imply anyone is being dishonest, but maybe I am not reading into these sales enough to know when to jump at one or walk away.
One fear I do have is how do you send someone $8000 and make sure you get your machine. Paypal will kill the sale in fees.

#2 10 years ago

I don't understand. They are not selling at a loss, they probably bought them a couple years ago for around 6500+ so they are selling at a profit.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

They are making 1500.00

#4 10 years ago

I didnt realize it first sold that inexpensive.
But why not ask in the $9k range when the machine is $10,500 new?
And assuming I find the right one, any recommendations on how to pay the seller without getting ripped off?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

when the machine is $10,500 new?

WTF? Is this a real thread?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#7 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

And assuming I find the right one, any recommendations on how to pay the seller without getting ripped off?

LOL it was $6500 new for most....no one's paying 10.5k for it.

#8 10 years ago

Wish I was.. smarter

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Who said it was 10.5k new?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

WTF? Is this a real thread?

How much cheaper have you seen it for?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Who said it was 10.5k new?

P.T. Barnum?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Wish I was.. smarter

So where is your source for less than $10k nib?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

One fear I do have is how do you send someone $8000 and make sure you get your machine. Paypal will kill the sale in fees.

Some people paid $6500 and some $7500 for the WOZECLE. If you buy from someone on Pinside that has built up a reputation then the chances are you have nothing to worry about from that person in following through with the sale.

There are some distributors like Automated Services that have hoarded new in box games and then price them at $10k to take advantage of the sold out game.

#15 10 years ago

Tons in the Marketplace, that will supposedly be shipped before the end of the year.

#16 10 years ago

Many HUO for sale.

#17 10 years ago

Rawley, yes, I saw this ad. He and I have exchanged a few emails together. Very nice guy.
But like my topic was how can someone afford to take such a large hit.
I wasnt aware that when JJP first started selling the ECLE that they were in the 7-8k range. No, I wasnt aware of the pin in 2011-12. I knew the standard edition was $7000 @ on point.

#18 10 years ago

Nobody is taking a hit.
Many on Pinside ordered 2 years ago for 6,500/7,000. And now they are selling, instead of keeping, for a small profit.. very small profit considering the time frame.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Nobody is taking a hit.
Many on Pinside ordered 2 years ago for 6,500/7,000. And now they are selling, instead of keeping, for a small profit.. very small profit considering the time frame.

Ok, thank you for bringing me up to speed on this.
Again, I had no idea it sold for that price years ago.
Instead of people saying I'm trolling like McCune or centerflank, help a guy out and explain their original costs.
Not everyone is here to cause problems. My question was genuine. Now I have the answer.

#20 10 years ago

No problem, glad I could help

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

No problem, glad I could help

Damn, makes me wonder what the resell value of the Hobbit will be. LOL.
I don't have that kind of cash to be tied up. I am jumping on board a machine next week.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Instead of people saying I'm trolling like McCune or centerflank

When did I say that? Dont tell lies.

#23 10 years ago

more centerflank lies!!!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

When did I say that? Dont tell lies.

It was implied.

#25 10 years ago

lol, everything you say , I read it in Mac's voice.

#26 10 years ago

And not everyone selling is making a profit. I bought mine for $8500, which is what I am selling it for. A WOZ standard is now $8000, so another $500 for the LE and invisiglass seemed fair. (I wish I had bought one a few years ago at $6500 when I first learned about it, but that ship has sailed)

I have seen a number of WOZLEs advertised at $10k, including one retail store in my local area. But that was from someone who was clearly looking for a buyer that didn't know that was over market value.

As for $10k, it's not out of the question. If you get the 75th LE and add inviglass and shipping, that's close to $10k.

Not sure why everyone though the OP was a troll - seemed like a perfectly reasonable question to me.

#27 10 years ago

Since when is making a profit in America a bad thing? Sounds like sour grapes to me. If Automated wants to sell their machines for over 10k, let 'em. If they get that, then good for them. If they don't, then good for us because prices will drop. Nobody ever talks about the profit people make on MM - only WOZ because it's a new machine. It doesn't make any sense to me!

#28 10 years ago

If you are a newb and you see Automated ads or some other goofballs, it can be confusing....

Quoted from wishiwas:

Pinside has a network of leg breakers all over the country so if this happens to you, the area ass whipper will go get your pin for you

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#30 10 years ago

In Canada my 3 month old pin sold for almost $9k & another 1 month old one with extra's sold for $8.5k Canadian. It's a great game, but in my case I needed to free up some cash for my playfield production. Everyone liked WOZ, but there are very few pins that you can play for months & still get your money back. Costs are higher for pins in Canada with shipping, higher tax, & brokerage. The only other new pin I got my full money back after playing 6 months was AC/DC BIB, sold it for $9k & I see they are selling for over $10k now.

#31 10 years ago

Centerflank, please stop posting troll warnings.
If you don't like the topic, don't read it.
My question was genuine.
Everyone else here is been very friendly and answered my question.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

I didnt realize it first sold that inexpensive.But why not ask in the $9k range when the machine is $10,500 new?And assuming I find the right one, any recommendations on how to pay the seller without getting ripped off?

I'll sell you mine new in box for $10,499

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit- This is a troll in case you didnt know.

troll.jpgtroll.jpg

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Centerflank, please stop posting troll warnings

Im trying to keep the group informed as to what a troll looks like if they ever encounter one. By the way, tilting every post that has the word troll in it may be blatant misuse of what its designed for

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I'll sell you mine new in box for $10,499

Deal. Be right over. LOL.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Since when is making a profit in America a bad thing?

Nobody said it was.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nobody said it was.

There are many pinsiders that are very against this activity ! They are called flippers and are shunned in the community if it is a Stern game .

#38 10 years ago

Jersey Jack was on here ranting and raving not too long ago about the the market sets the price and that is why he's actually raised the price of WOZ so many times. Well, he's right. The market sets the price, not Jersey Jack, and he may have bitten of more than he can chew with his current pricing structure. In a word, I think that he is now officially too HIGH.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Wish I was.. smarter

Wish I was ... taller

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The market sets the price, not Jersey Jack, and he may have bitten of more than he can chew with his current pricing structure. In a word, I think that he is now officially too HIGH.

Yeah, and that "market" is gonna set that price a whole lot lower for them in the coming months.

9k is ridiculous, so is 8k for that matter and so is $7800 for a Stern LE..............

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ec-le-for-8000-8500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.