anim_31.gif
Arnold.gif
In_a_jar.gif
Untitle22d.png
smiley-4.gif
Aup1DwnCIAAopf8.jpg
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

yes

Attachments
alice_smoke.gif (50.3 KB, 0 downloads) 10 minutes old

Alice In Wonderland (AIW) JPP next pin

#402 11 years ago

Oh are we posting gifs now? I prefer this one

Edit: Damn, too sexy for an attachment

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54764/datass2.gif

#404 11 years ago

Nothing but good can come from JJP. The WOZ game and you know Stern is watching and hopefully will incorporate some things into thier games to compete.

#405 11 years ago

More video, courtesy of Dynamics via Pinball Head: http://www.dynamicsinc.com/Walkthrough

Click on the E3 Jersey Jack Pinball ePlate Experience near the bottom.

Post edited by Troz : Typo

#406 11 years ago

Wow! That was pretty cool! Thanks!!

#407 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I don't remember you chiming in when TFLE was getting the shit kicked out of it. There were a lot of people who worked hard on that game. Invested!

If I'd known I would have said something about that, I love Stern pins and especially my TF. Alas, I'm not always as active on the forum as I would like to be, sorry!

For me, any opinion is welcome, positive or negative. Of course! That's why it's called a discussion forum! But my point is about HOW you voice your opinion. I would like to see a bit more respect. That's all!

#408 11 years ago

From that video, it looks like if you don't hit the center shot clean it's going SDTM.

Scott

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

From that video, it looks like if you don't hit the center shot clean it's going SDTM.

I guess that's why the center post is there, not that it seemed to help either player. Also the outlanes gobble up the ball much more than I expected them to.

#410 11 years ago

We haven't seen the Get the Ball Back feature on the left. Or GI lights. Or the Crystal Ball. Or Flying Monkey. Yeah!....soooo much more cool stuff to see!

wingmonk.gifwingmonk.gif

#411 11 years ago

I don't think Jack was really trying and I'm going to agree with some people that the pitch might need to be raised a bit so make it faster. Other than that I'm liking what I see so far and I'm guessing the stuff on the lcd won't hold progress up any more than what we saw or at least I hope anyways.

#412 11 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Snowdale said:I don't remember you chiming in when TFLE was getting the shit kicked out of it. There were a lot of people who worked hard on that game. Invested!

If I'd known I would have said something about that, I love Stern pins and especially my TF. Alas, I'm not always as active on the forum as I would like to be, sorry!
For me, any opinion is welcome, positive or negative. Of course! That's why it's called a discussion forum! But my point is about HOW you voice your opinion. I would like to see a bit more respect. That's all!

Noted.

#413 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We haven't seen the Get the Ball Back feature on the left. Or GI lights. Or the Crystal Ball. Or Flying Monkey. Yeah!....soooo much more cool stuff to see!

Attachments wingmonk.gif (11 KB, 0 downloads) 21 minutes old

Hopefully the motor on the monkey is faster than the glove on JM.

#414 11 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from Snowdale:

Oh no, that's a real flowkiller on an otherwise fantastic game! I have often discussed with my friends that the glove should be replaced by some kind of upkicker. IT's fun for 2 or 3 games and a wonderful interactive toy, but it soon becomes so booooorrrriiinnnggg.

Quoted from spanks_4:

I don't think Jack was really trying and I'm going to agree with some people that the pitch might need to be raised a bit so make it faster. Other than that I'm liking what I see so far and I'm guessing the stuff on the lcd won't hold progress up any more than what we saw or at least I hope anyways.

There's not much to shoot at either, I mean, with no rules, sound or animations it's almost an EM
But seriously, part of me wishes I didn't see this. I may go into WOZ stealth mode now and wait for the box to arrive at home. No more WOZ videos until x-mas... yeah right.

#415 11 years ago

Game play looked cool ,Love the insert lighting.Its probably not set up to the right angle yet,Jack is just showing what it looks like,with no code yet it is not ready to play.

#416 11 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

PT said:
No. They are soldered in. It would be really stupid to continue with sockets. The new Sterns (TRON LE, TFLE and ACDC) are the same as WoZ. They are surface mount LEDs on boards. Each LED is individually controllable on a serial bus. No more lamp matrix. No more flicker or strobe either because the game was designed to have LEDs from day one.
John
Sounds like Stern will be doing the RGB soon since they already do the surface mount LED's

Actually Stern has already done this. ACDC has RGB LEDs in the GI, the cannon button and under 16 inserts.

John

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually Stern has already done this. ACDC has RGB LEDs in the GI, the cannon button and under 16 inserts.
John

ACDC does not have RGB LEDs in the GI. Its 3 separate colored strings. Correct about the inserts.

#418 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

PT said:
John
ACDC does not have RGB LEDs in the GI. Its 3 separate colored strings. Correct about the inserts.

Yeah, forgot they are actually separate LEDs in the GI on ACDC. The effect is still similar though in allowing the machine to be lit in any mixture of color at 100 brightness levels. Thanks for correcting me.

John

#419 11 years ago

Just watched the GG video. After watching the interview with Jack, I really like the guy. He seems high: on life, 4 Hour Energy, just punch-drunk tired, who knows. You gotta love that smile. I'm glad he didn't talk about Stern this time.

I'm having 2nd thoughts on the LCD in the backbox after seeing the animations. It could be really cool, especially with an "attract mode". The video makes it look washed out - like a Premier translite - but I'm sure it's much better in person. I'm still not convinced about LEDs, but I'm anxious to see how much better they are in a game that's really designed for LEDs, since we've never seen that before. Can they be dimmed to show the same gradual fade effects as the trusty #44?

Edit: just saw the previous post about "100 brightness levels" - that would be enough to make it smooth.

#420 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

PinCrush said:

Yeah, forgot they are actually separate LEDs in the GI on ACDC. The effect is still similar though in allowing the machine to be lit in any mixture of color at 100 brightness levels. Thanks for correcting me.
John

Red, white and blue does not quite offer the same color combinations as red, green and blue.

#421 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

The glove is the only reason this pin is gone from my collection. The rest of the game is fast, fast, fast!

#422 11 years ago
Quoted from robbiev:

I have/had really high hopes for WOZ. From what I have seen so far im not 100% impressed. I am not trolling this thread or trying to ruffle the feathers of those that might be overly sensitive about this blind investment. I have to agree with EZ on a couple things here, the music is poor, the topper is some cheap laser etched piece of plexi-glass ( toppers are supposed to be unique, if not somewhat cool), the LCD monitor is poorly placed and won’t look good in a lineup of other pinball machines, the theme is a bit soft and seems quite convenient, I am not head over heels (no pun indented on the gay slippers) about the cabinet art and yes wide body machines don’t play as tight as standard body machines.
Now on the other hand, it seems like a very quality built machine. The playfield concept, layout and design is incredible and will be the start of what will hopefully be some of the best pinball machines ever made, the toys and lighting are second to none. I am sure there will be some kinks to work out which should be expected. This is the start of something really great for pinball and I am very excited about it.
I am not a huge Stern fan, but for those that are, im guessing this machine will knock your socks off and forever raise your expectations on what you’re willing to spend your hard earned money on. Before JJP if you wanted something new…you were stuck buying overpriced, oversized Zizzle pinball machines, now you will have options!
Guys… EZ is no troll and by far not the most hated person in pinball. I have meet him in person, he is a totally down to earth family man, the pinball hobby is just a tiny part of his life and he does not take this all too seriously, sure he might be opinionated with some of his “in your face” posts. I think calling him a troll or suggesting that he be banned because of his opinion is a bit over the top and more telling of those making that suggestion verses EZ’s posts.

Yep, what he said. All above.

So somebody doesn't like WOZ. Somebody doesn't like Avatar. Who cares? Are you going to cry? It's what it looks like.

Amazing what someone's opinion on a game can do to some people who have the game mentioned in a post. Why would you care what somebody thinks of your game? Who cares? Get some thicker skin, quit being so sensitive on anybody's opinion, have a beer, and go play your game. You just look like a whiner to the rest of us, with your personal blasts, for no good reason.

Yes I have a Road Show. I like the game. Tell me the game sucks, I'll try not to personally attack you. I think I'll get thru it, and be okay.

#423 11 years ago

Pinstor, RS sucks.
Hey you said.......

#424 11 years ago

That's hilarious, and fast reply.

#425 11 years ago

Really, I am ok. I can take it. Going to have a beer and play Road Show. Thanks!

#426 11 years ago

I just happened to get home and brought up this thread. Our timing was impeccable

#427 11 years ago

Have an extra cold one for me..enjoy your night. (RS rocks, btw!)

#429 11 years ago

One concern I do have is with the LCD glare on the glass. From watching the vids I see the lcd on the glass in the back or is it a camera issue?

#430 11 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

One concern I do have is with the LCD glare on the glass. From watching the vids I see the lcd on the glass in the back or is it a camera issue?

Thus the invisiglass. Should be fine at the player's angle.

#431 11 years ago

I actually answer the phone now, "You got the most hated person in Pinball, what can I do for you today?". I think it's cool and has some flavor. Funny how that really works out!! If you need a X-men give a call, putting another LARGE order in! // Error: Image 30621 not found //

#432 11 years ago

I spent some time at E3 playing the machine in basic mode and talking to Jack. I believe this will be the greatest pinball ever made. It is a medium speed pin with tons of shots and possibilities. The animations look amazing in person. I saw them all on Jacks iPad. The design and feel are incredible. The roll over switches are nice. the toys look incredible. The upper playfields are challenging. The Outlane bumper is really fun. It's like Twilight Zone and Addams Family combined with many twists and an LCD. This machine has the possibility of being really psychedelic because ofnthe amazing playfield and lighting. The fanboys are all right. The WOZ naysayers will change their tune when this thing hits. I am guessing in 3 months.

#433 11 years ago

Witch is nice....

#434 11 years ago

That is cool. I can see where you could take off the tube and it would be even better!

witch_flies_4.gifwitch_flies_4.gif

#435 11 years ago

Any other pinheads play or check this out at E3?

#436 11 years ago

Am I the only person that doesn't want every game I own to be extremely fast like IM or AC/dc?? I enjoy playing slower games as much if not more as fast flowy games that make me feel like if I blink the ball will drain!

#437 11 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

Am I the only person that doesn't want every game I own to be extremely fast like IM or AC/dc?? I enjoy playing slower games as much if not more as fast flowy games that make me feel like if I blink the ball will drain!

Agreed. I like both styles of games.
Every game doesn't have to be kick-your-ass-in-your-face fast, all the time.

WOZ will be an awesome change of pace I hope. I'm thinking TZ-2.

#438 11 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

I agree.

#439 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I actually answer the phone now, "You got the most hated person in Pinball, what can I do for you today?". I think it's cool and has some flavor.

Congrats on that....dump on WOZ, hype XMEN for another pump and dump....may not work this time....

#440 11 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

If you want to be one of the cool kids, you need to repeatedly state you want flow in your games. Silky smooth flow. Then inform us that anything else is both slow and boring. I suggest taking a few shots at the POTD in LOTR, mini pfs, or the pace of widebodies. Those are always safe bets. Mention you have walked away from said games after playing ball 1 for over an hour. That will score you points with the flow crowd.

#441 11 years ago

Different taste in game play is not good or bad, just different : )

#442 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

If you want to be one of the cool kids, you need to repeatedly state you want flow in your games. Silky smooth flow. Then inform us that anything else is both slow and boring. I suggest taking a few shots at the POTD in LOTR, mini pfs, or the pace of widebodies. Those are always safe bets. Mention you have walked away from said games after playing ball 1 for over an hour. That will score you points with the flow crowd.

#443 11 years ago

I don't know about the rest of you, but I want my collection to be diverse. If all I had was a collection of MM, AFM, and SM I would not be that thrilled from a gameplay perspective. Now if you modify something like that to one of those three with, for example, TZ and LOTR, and then you would have a fairly diverse collection that you could play one machine for days and then jump to the next and not feel like you are shooting the same shots all the time week after week.

#444 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I want my collection to be diverse. If all I had was a collection of MM, AFM, and SM I would not be that thrilled from a gameplay perspective. Now if you modify something like that to one of those three with, for example, TZ and LOTR, and then you would have a fairly diverse collection that you could play one machine for days and then jump to the next and not feel like you are shooting the same shots all the time week after week.

+1 DC...

#445 11 years ago

Hahaha no comment from the guy who bought HS and HSII as his first two pins and loves them : )

#446 11 years ago

Edited video of interview, iPad animation clips and gameplay from GeekGamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_UiDRJXiVEY

#447 11 years ago

The potential going forward is awesome

#448 11 years ago

The only disappointing thing in that video is how it's not all come together for us all to see yet. I'm sure they're not far from showing us a complete game though. I'm just frustrated because I genuinely thought when Jack said we'd see 80% complete tables before Memorial Day he meant including rules, sound, animation and everything else.

2 weeks later
#449 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The only disappointing thing in that video is how it's not all come together for us all to see yet. I'm sure they're not far from showing us a complete game though. I'm just frustrated because I genuinely thought when Jack said we'd see 80% complete tables before Memorial Day he meant including rules, sound, animation and everything else.

Anyone know when the next "update" will be coming from JJP?

#450 11 years ago

Jack has been doing holidays so im guessing 4th of July.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-e3/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.