anim_31.gif
Arnold.gif
In_a_jar.gif
Untitle22d.png
smiley-4.gif
Aup1DwnCIAAopf8.jpg
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Cheap video or not, that is one fantastic looking game. This is coming from a guy that isn't a fan of the WOZ theme. I'm very interested to find out how it plays.

yip it looks incredible,although not my theme to own wow im excited for what JJ is doing for pinball

#252 11 years ago

All I know is that I will be making space for a JJP pin in my collection! Hobbit will do or unlicensed

#253 11 years ago

And read this -

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index27.html

1000's of different shades for light shows...........WOWZER!!!!!!!!!

#254 11 years ago

Go-Go Gadget boner in Shapeshifter's pants!

#255 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

IndianaPwns said:Widebody's don't play well...wtf? Are you joking?
Widebody pins play totally different then regular size machines. Some times WBs have too much stop and go or watching the ball slowly move side to side.
Now get out there and play something other than a B/W
Pappy

Pappy my friend, I have played all sorts of brands.

Does a little more stop and go mean that it doesn't play well? Some would call that a blessing. TZ is more stop and go - but an incredible game non-the-less.

Stick to your fast pins if you want. I'm going to mix mine up.

#256 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Vendor problems? For what? 20-30 light sockets, some LEDs, and wire? Or is all the GI on PCB/555's too? []

Something tells me the GI will be "special" as well (meaning color changing) so it's probably PCB boards

#257 11 years ago

Any word yet as to what the Crystal Ball Thingy does yet?

#258 11 years ago

One guy likes the machine and says so. Another guy does not, and says so. Neither ops mentions any names. Then guys like ___________ (fill in the blank) just go off and personally attack the guy who does not like the machine. This shows the maturity level and foolishness of the attacking op. Grown(?) men responding and attacking an individual for their different opinion on a game. WOW.
Why would you be surprised if you got attacked back? The attacking ops, it's funny watching you get all bent out of shape over someone's opinion if they like a game or not. You have money invested in the game, and can't handle anyone having a different opinion on the game than you do.
Happened with Avatar awile back to name one. Not everyone is going to like the same games. I guess some guys can't deal with that.

It's JUST pinball. You don't see game producers on here bashing one another, and they have the most at stake.

Happy for you guys who are happy you bought one.(WOZ) Good luck. Hoping JJP puts out more titles in the future. (With Stern, JPOP, Skit B, and anyone else who wants to make one).

#259 11 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Pappy my friend, I have played all sorts of brands.

Ok, if you say so. Just trying to help. I just don't agree with your blanket statements about Stern.

Does a little more stop and go mean that it doesn't play well? Some would call that a blessing. TZ is more stop and go - but an incredible game non-the-less.

I think you misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you the difference between a regular game and a WB game. I love stop and go sometimes but I do not love TZ. Bought one based on the hype when I first got into pinball in the late 90s and sold it a year later. Couldn't see what all the hype was about. It's growing on me again so I may buy one and give it another chance.

Stick to your fast pins if you want. I'm going to mix mine up.

I never said I liked fast pins. I like all kinds of pinball. Fast and slow stop and go. Look at my lineup and see for yourself.

pappy

#260 11 years ago

Pappy, which one do you like better, Seawitch or NineBall? I've been thinking about adding some classic Sterns and those are definitely 2 on my list. Thanks.

Michael

#261 11 years ago

Wow I just looked at your list, Pappy. That's a pretty unique lineup

#262 11 years ago

WoO looked really good! The light show was the best and the playfield looked incredible! Really had a happy jingle in the music. I hope JJ sells the hell out of these!

#263 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Vendor problems? For what? 20-30 light sockets, some LEDs, and wire? Or is all the GI on PCB/555's too?

Those in the know say that the GI lighting will be color changing LED, so its gotta be boards.

#264 11 years ago

The color changing lights look amazing. Excited to see this technology in WOZ and future pins.

#265 11 years ago

Does the table at E3 actually have any SFX, rules, in-game animations on the LCD or lights that interact with the ball?

#266 11 years ago

Incredible! The hot air balloon on the right side,is it a projection or what and is it interactive,looks cool.Would like to see a better picture or video of the back glass and LCD..

#267 11 years ago

Yeah...you and a thousand other guys....

asian_smiley.gifasian_smiley.gif

#268 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Hey from E3 everyone. Yes there will be GI on the game but there were vendor problems, what are you going to do? As for the haters, you're always going to have them. You just kind of have to feel sorry for those that have gone all-in on being a miserable ass. They're pot committed.

It looks awesome, Keefer.

Congrats to you and the team.

#270 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You're not shooting that right dummy!

Very funny!

#271 11 years ago

OMG that was to funny.

#272 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Slate said:DugFreez said: Who says a pinball machine has to have a big square head? I would think there would be plenty of room either behind the LCD or in the cab to hold all of the boards without the added "old school" big head. I think it would make the machine look much better. .
Personally I machines should adhere to the standard height and size and head size. Thats what pinball machines look like. Having a smaller head would be weird. Kind of like Speakeasy with the skinny head is weird in my collection. Or when you see a small soda machine like in a doctors office.
Pinball machines have that iconic look that has been around for some time everyone knows the look. Would be pretty extreme to change it, I am all for change but not the profile of the machine.
...but I though JJP was all about moving to the future (while using someone elses old parts)? Saying it should stay the same because that's the way it's always been just seems silly when there is an LCD display in the game.

I didnt say keep it the same since thats how its always been. I meant dont fix it if it aint broke.
Why even have a backbox then. Just mount a LCD on a pedestal to the top of the game.

Some things you innovate but retain the basic feel of the game. Like NFL Football. Then modernize it as much as they can but they do not change the ball, goal, yards, etc. Same with a lot of products and games and sports.

To me pinball will always be the cabinet shape how it has been for 50 years. Pin 2000 is still weird to me.

But hey why not make the height of the game cabinet 10". Why are the boxes so deep. Get rid of the backbox and put a tv up there on a pedestal. Change the flipper buttons to metal touch sensors. At some point you will be so far from what we know pinball is no one will embrace it.

#273 11 years ago

patiently waiting some hd video and toy interaction

#274 11 years ago
Quoted from BillinIndiana:

I haven't really followed the whole WOZ thing, but is the center of the PF a raised globe or is it just the picture messing with my eyes?

Messing with your eyes I suspect. It's just a graphic element on a flat part of the playfield. A few shots I've seen have tricked me as well.

#275 11 years ago

Short interview with Jack @ E3 on GeekGamer.tv. Skip ahead to the 1 hour 11 minute mark.

Better video of the game. Looks to me like it's simply in demonstration/flipping mode, no rules, scoring, etc. I have no audio here at work so I have no idea what the interview contains...

http://www.twitch.tv/geekgamertv/b/320469476

#276 11 years ago

Also more around the 1:30 mark, videos from Jack's iPad

#277 11 years ago

LOL. Nice Troz. I was just coming over here to post this from the WoZ forum

#278 11 years ago

According to a few people that have played it on the E3 floor, it is just more of a "tech demo" - no interaction between the game/LCD, no music, only basic sound effects, and no modes or scoring.

I still want to play

#279 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

LOL. Nice Troz. I was just coming over here to post this from the WoZ forum

Tried to post here and there at the same time

#280 11 years ago

I'm curious to know if different vids will hold up the ball progress *multiball vids and things of that nature*.

So far the short vids Jack let out make me even more excited for this as it just looks amazing!

#281 11 years ago

The more I hear, the more it sounds like the game should have stayed at home. Or stayed in attract mode and not let people flip it around.

The point of E3 is to get media outlets and journalists excited about a new product. Video games in particular, this isn't CES. I went E# a couple of times in the late 90's and don't remember seeing any pins. Now these E3 people are no strangers to beta tests and unfinished games, but trying to show a barely working (if you can even call it that) game to people that aren't familiar with pinball in the first place, seems like doing more harm than good.

Wasn't WOZ supposed to be in the big pinball tourney this coming weekend? With no scoring? Wasn't it supposed to be on location some place in Jersey?

...and this is really supposed to be shipping in a month?

#282 11 years ago

After getting a closer look at the backbox and LCD in the geekgamer video clip....I think it does look pretty good. The top portion is almost like and arcade cabinet marquee. Much better than I was expecting. Didn't some of the early pics of the game show big borders on each side of the screen? I like the way it looks now much better than that.

#283 11 years ago

Here is more info over at Pinballhead, enjoy.

http://pinballhead.com/oz-pinball-lands-e3/

Video Links:

woz-11.jpgwoz-11.jpg woz-12.jpgwoz-12.jpg woz-13.jpgwoz-13.jpg

#284 11 years ago

Check out the animations on Jacks iPad around the 1:30 mark.... They Look AMAZING!

#285 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

chocky909 said:Looks like there may be 5 of them.
I think that's correct. It's a 5 speaker array. I don't know how it will play, but this sucker should sound way better than every other machine that's been made up to this point.

I dunno: the new $7000+ AC/DC LE's have 'great' sound too--in MONO! lol

#286 11 years ago

I've had non-pinball people play my TZ while no insert lights were working, and they didn't even notice anything was wrong. I think it's more about the visuals and getting more eyeballs on it right now. The super deep Keefer-coded gameplay that will be thoroughly dissected by Pinheads isn't going to make much of a difference to your average E3 attendee.

#287 11 years ago

Suck it $5000 LOTR, $7,000 SM, $10,000 Tron!!!!

LOL, says the guy picking up 3 sterns this month.

Seriously that thing is dope, WOZ is like Liberace on shrooms but it's cool for sure.

Glad to be alive with money today

#288 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Check out the animations on Jacks iPad around the 1:30 mark.... They Look AMAZING!

Which video is this in?

#289 11 years ago

After watching the geekgamer vid I'm more excited. You can clearly see the RGB LEDs and it looks like they are all RGB and look awesome. Also we see Jack demonstrating a whole bunch of new Vimeo clips from JP and they look great too.

#290 11 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

fattrain said:Check out the animations on Jacks iPad around the 1:30 mark.... They Look AMAZING!
Which video is this in?

http://www.twitch.tv/geekgamertv/b/320469476

#291 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

After watching the geekgamer vid I'm more excited.

+100 !

#292 11 years ago

Pretty amazing. The RGB Leds is a real techlogy mover. Great idea being able to change any light to any color.

I want one!

#293 11 years ago

Attn: Gary Stern,

You got my money once for my NIB AC/DC LE, it will be the last time.

#294 11 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Pretty amazing. The RGB Leds is a real techlogy mover. Great idea being able to change any light to any color.
I want one!

Would be a REAL gamechanger if they were user-programmable and used under colored inserts also.....though I imagine cointaker and a few other places watching their business evaporate real fast if it happened.

#295 11 years ago

OK, that video was amazing! The last time I saw a light show that amazing, I was at Disney World. I hate the WOZ theme, but after watching that video, I am wondering....X-Men who???????

#296 11 years ago

So who is going to sell these new lights and what is going to be involved in replaceing them? Are they individual lights or in a strip that supplies many inserts?

This may sound like something that is silly to worry about since LEDs are known to be long lasting, but in the second official video clip you can see that the "R" and "O" in the RAINBOW inserts are messed up. How easy is that going to be for Joe Pinhead to fix? Does he have to buy the part from JJP and pay whatever they decide to charge? Do they need to be soldered in?

#297 11 years ago

Pretty darn cool!

#298 11 years ago

I think he needs to ditch the silverball and add some POWERBALLS... this game needs more speed. As it looks like most could play this pin with one hand behind their back!

#299 11 years ago

After seeing the better quality video, the LCD seems to be better integrated than I first thought. It will still take a lot of getting used to methinks.

#300 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

After seeing the better quality video, the LCD seems to be better integrated than I first thought. It will still take a lot of getting used to methinks.

you might have a problem getting used to the stereo sound as well then

or the widebody, deep rules, wifi, .....

btw loving the tommy thanks again!

good seller alert: robt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-e3/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.