thumbs_up.jpg
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
mckayladisappointed.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#252 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

^This times 1000X. Any decision made by a business is made to keep the company profitable. The preorders were for start up cash and as a reward, you got a pinball machine. Its only business to bring in 10 new sales and ship out 5LE's(or whatever method they are using). If they could ship more, they would.
Many companies may be profitable and selling TONS, but without proper cash flow you're screwed.

Cash flow is king, profit is queen. How do you think those sears and k-marts stay open. I don't think they've made any non-accounting-gimmick money for decades.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Light lock by paying the troll toll. Lock balls by shooting the boy's hole.
I'll tilt myself now.

We could really have something special on our hands here.

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

To anybody who has had their money tied up in a WOZtanic LE for more than two years, 3 readily available machines showing up for sale might as well have been 100.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it but that's not an apples to apples comparison at all. 2 different machines.

And your little quip about "woztanic" isn't exactly buying you any credibility. If you want to form an argument, do so. When you resort to crap like that your statement validity is all but nullified.

#255 10 years ago

I'm the op of the WOZ going to the MN state fair. Long story short, I was sold this machine because it will be displayed at the fair. If not for that, then there is no way I would have been allowed to purchase this machine at this point in time.

Some local enthusiasts/fair organizers have been in communication with JJP about having a machine at the MN state fair for a couple of years now as a promotional opportunity. This is the year it's going to happen.

#256 10 years ago

Time for someone to make a "Which gets delivered to me first thread: WOZ or Star Trek?"! LOL!

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We could really have something special on our hands here.

Ocular pat down and Charlie attacking Santa are 2 that must be in it or Im out.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

I'm the op of the WOZ going to the MN state fair. Long story short, I was sold this machine because it will be displayed at the fair. If not for that, then there is no way I would have been allowed to purchase this machine at this point in time.
Some local enthusiasts/fair organizers have been in communication with JJP about having a machine at the MN state fair for a couple of years now as a promotional opportunity. This is the year it's going to happen.

Thank you!

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from maldoror:

(why bother is if there is no benefit to doing so?)

Benefit is in the eye of the beholder.

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's funny how the most outraged are the people that have no Woz or sold their spot! How about posting it here AND calling Jack for us Woz idiots.
Maybe we can get the Rev Al Sharpton to lead a riot rally? Hehe

<<<removed by mod>>>

Post edited by absocountry2 : attacking a pinsider is bad

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Thank you for chiming in on this and welcome to Pinside, a drama-free friendly zone for pinheads. WOZ is an emoptional topic for those of us waiting and waiting and seeing someone getting cutsies in line always pisses people off no matter where the line is.

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And your little quip about "woztanic" isn't exactly buying you any credibility. If you want to form an argument, do so. When you resort to crap like that your statement validity is all but nullified.

Coming from the king of credibility himself! I think your track record speaks for itself. Talk about the pot and the kettle. Guess I hit a little too close to the mark!

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Which gets delivered to me first thread: WOZ or Star Trek?"! LOL!

Star Trek

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ocular pat down and Charlie attacking Santa are 2 that must be in it or Im out.
» YouTube video

This is going to have to be wide-body. Have to work in Jabroni and trailer BBQ pit.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Time for someone to make a "Which gets delivered to me first thread: WOZ or Star Trek?"! LOL!

Iron Maiden?

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Coming from the king of credibility himself! I think your track record speaks for itself. Talk about the pot and the kettle. Guess I hit a little too close to the mark!

I do wonder about Alex's official capacity with JJP. Jack clearly distanced from him a year back. Now it appears he is the official spokesperson.

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And your little quip about "woztanic" isn't exactly buying you any credibility.

Whoa, Alex judging another's credibility

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

It sure does Hardly a pot/kettle/black situation. Otherwise I wouldn't be the first or second stop for support or the first stop for powder coating.

I bring game facts and you bring imagination and anecdotal diatribe fiction. I actually know what's going on and you can only surmise based on the high BS level that goes on here. You only perpetuate the problem.

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I do wonder about Alex's official capacity with JJP. Jack clearly distanced from him a year back. Now it appears he is the official spokesperson.

Why not ask him about my capacity? Considering folks contact me for support, I write the OS, the upgrade mech, the support site, the Internet connectivity, the bios mods, etc. yeah I'm real distant.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Thank you for posting this. You'll have to excuse many of us (myself included) who really don't care what the reason is, if someone's cutting in line ahead of LE purchasers who paid a long time ago, there's no reason I can think of where we'd say "oh, sure, you bet, go right ahead and get one ahead of everyone waiting."

Michael

#271 10 years ago

Well the solution is if you want a game now call JJP and tell them you want a game to take to the state fair. 49 states remaining....

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Thank you for posting this. You'll have to excuse many of us (myself included) who really don't care what the reason is, if someone's cutting in line ahead of LE purchasers who paid a long time ago, there's no reason I can think of where we'd say "oh, sure, you bet, go right ahead and get one ahead of everyone waiting."
Michael

"First to pay, first to play".

Oh wait!

#273 10 years ago

Do you think I could deliver a machine to the Orange County Fair which is going on now? They could just ship me the machine they said would arrive last year...no I mean May of this year...oops mistaken for certain end of June....Sorry I was wrong it was supposed to ship last week or this week. Well I'll just take a machine to the Fair instead...any machine...end the misery please.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It sure does Hardly a pot/kettle/black situation. Otherwise I wouldn't be the first or second stop for support or the first stop for powder coating.
I bring game facts and you bring imagination and anecdotal diatribe fiction. I actually know what's going on and you can only surmise based on the high BS level that goes on here. You only perpetuate the problem.

You know what. You're right. It would be nice to know what's going on. I am a paid in full customer after all!

I've read a lot of your so called "facts" in the past. They don't always end up being completely factual. Sometimes they do. sometimes they don't. I think you mean well, but get a little carried away at times.

And what problem did I perpetuate exactly? That some games have made it out of the factory with awful looking playfields in them? If that's my sin so be it. I'd gladly do it again.

#275 10 years ago

I just browsed thru this train wreck and some of your comments just suck. What is it with you guys who have ZERO interest in WOZ making things look worse than they are for JJP. I'd hate to think what a NOOB is thinking if they sign in to pinside to browse and read some of this trash. Your only making it look like people are getting robbed. Nobody has gotten robbed. We all know the story and the truth. It is what it is but, why do you want to make it even worse? If JJP didn't start this then we would still be in bare playfield land from other with some of the best designers not working in pinball anymore. Some of you should just shut up already and move on. Even more so if you don't even want a WOZ. Get over it already. I'm not saying you have to agree with anyone either. I'm just saying WHY KEEP the negativity flowing? leave it between JJP and it's REAL CUSTOMERS. Enough is enough. One of the many things I hate about the internet. Everyone knows more than the other people typing. It's nuts that your not celebrating new pins in the day of the ipad.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Why not ask him about my capacity? Considering folks contact me for support, I write the OS, the upgrade mech, the support site, the Internet connectivity, the bios mods, etc. yeah I'm real distant.

Ok. I have no dialogue with Jack any longer, nor do I have need for more. But I have simply noticed that you speak as an official employee of JJP, now. Are you on the payroll?

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

My sister, who worked from home last month earned $1789 just from sitting at home on her laptop, contact me if you would like this opportunity.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ok. I have no dialogue with Jack any longer, nor do I have need for more. But I have simply noticed that you speak as an official employee of JJP, now. Are you on the payroll?

Nope. And that's completely by my choice. Neither is Lloyd btw. Again by his choice.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You know what. You're right. It would be nice to know what's going on. I am a paid in full customer after all!

JarJar, the day that arrives may be a really good time for me to put that Arcade mod in your TRON, just saying

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nope. And that's completely by my choice. Neither is Lloyd btw. Again by his choice.

Ok. Just asking. But you do speak on behalf of JJP like someone that is paid to do so. Not a criticism, just an observation. I thought you had been brought on in an official capacity based on your representations.

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

JarJar, the day that arrives may be a really good time for me to put that Arcade mod in your TRON, just saying

Not sure Tron can wait that long. It deserves better.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

<<removed bt mod>>>

yeah, Sharpton is a *** ***, so?

Post edited by absocountry2 : edited by mod

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ok. Just asking. But you do speak on behalf of JJP like someone that is paid to do so. Not a criticism, just an observation. I thought you had been brought on in an official capacity based on your representations.

Being salaried has nothing to do with official capacity. If that were the case NYC hasn't had a mayor for 12 years as he doesn't take a salary. (Because he's a rich prick but that's a different story). I don't need the income from JJP, I choose to volunteer as I see amazing things going on and I want to be part of that And have skillsets that were of use. Watching folks with no skin in the game deliberately lighting fires or fanning flames is not only disheartening to folks, its just pitiful and shameless. And I take exception to that. If someone is so unhappy in their own being that they have to piss in others Cheerios to make themselves feel better I pity them. It's really sad.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

The math is easy on this one.
JJP got your money and used it to start the biz.
It looks like the Hobbit pre-order (which was not planned to go down this way) was a cash grab probably needed for operating capital.
That most likely generated the money to start the run.
Everyone hypothesized that the pre-orders on LEs would be a loss and to make money JJP would have to sell non le machines to actually show a profit.
Machines start going out. A few le machines, a lot of non-le.
The non-le models are a fresh cash infusion and help fund further production. At this time selling standard models may be the only thing that keeps them going, again new money in. Later, possibly a profit.
People who ordered le machines have to suck it up and wait longer. If you're a true jjp fan you NEED to put up with this becuase standard sales will probably be the only thing that keeps them going.
I predicted all of the when the hobbit presale started early. So far it's proven to be true. One friend of mine paid, in full, for his machine early and keeps getting his delivery date pushed back. One paid in full right at the cutoff and *said* he could have his machine at any time even though he's chosen to wait until the current issues are fixed. The fact that he can get his machine this early is odd but may be related to the fact that he hasn't paid in full for it yet and there's still money to be made from him. Again, right now cash is king and probably extremely important.
Here's another twist; lets assume jack really needs additional sales to further fund production and/or show a profit. If he delivered le models first any le owner second hand sales hurt his effort to sell standard models. With 1000(?) les sold second hand sales could have a significant impact on factory box standard sales. Capitalize on standard sales ahead of le which he already collected money for.
All my opinion based on my observations, jack's actions and pre-order holders feedback to me. This seems to make the most sense out of any scenario. Only time will truly tell. Like I said before, if you want JJP to survive you'll just have to suck this up and take it.

I think you nailed it Chuck. I have an LE on order and would love to have my game now but Jack needs to do what's best for his Company in the long run to stay profitable. I want Jack to stay in business a long time and make more games than just WOZ and The Hobbit. I don't mind one bit if he ships a game to a distributor that is bringing the game to the MN State Fair and delays my game a little bit more. I've been to Pinball on a Stick at the Fair and it is an awesome event and over the course of 12 days thousands of people will play WOZ and other pinball machines which is great for the hobby and could mean more sales down the line for JJP, Stern, and anyone else making pinball machines in the future. I love location pinball and don't mind having games being moved to the top of the queue to go to high profile locations. I will happily drive an hour to play the WOZ at Moosejaw in the Dells until my WOZ arrives. A location like that will allow way more people to play the game and gain enjoyment from it than a game in my basement that only a handful of people play. Our games will get here eventually.... In the meantime the original people that pre-ordered a WOZ should take pride in the fact that they helped start a new pinball company that likely wouldn't be here without them. It's been a long long wait for many people but just be happy that the quality of machines all around has gone up as a result of JJP entering the business. Rolling Stones was the latest and greatest Stern game when Jack made his announcement, and Steve Ritchie was laid off and peddling goods on his website instead of designing games like AC/DC and Star Trek. It's a great time to be in this hobby and there are plenty of other games to enjoy until our WOZ machines arrive! Let's quit with the negative attitudes and take a step back and realize that "It's Only Pinball"

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

yeah, Sharpton is a *** ***, so?

This isn't racism. Sharpton would be an asshole if he was plaid. The dude is a crook. Driven around in his 400k rolls Royce while his "constituents" don't have 2 nickels to rub together. But I digress.

Post edited by absocountry2 : edited by mod

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Alex is correct. And I can't speak for his choices.

Jack called me, hired me, and I turned down his salary offer.

Many years ago I worked for one year. Had a boss for one year. And I'll never do that again. When someone signs that name on your paycheck there will be things you don't like. And I'm not doing that again.

If you recall the thread right here on Pinside when it was announced I was on the JJP team. I responded to one post that I'd be helping people with their JJP pins anyway, this way I'll be able to do a better job.

And I'm quite fine with that.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Goes Here.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Not sure Tron can wait that long. It deserves better.

When is your estimated delivery date? Just cancel the order and buy one tomorrow, should be here by monday. EH oH!!!!

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's a great time to be in this hobby and there are plenty of other games to enjoy until our WOZ machines arrive! Let's quit with the negative attitudes and take a step back and realize that "It's Only Pinball"

AMEN!

#289 10 years ago

I'm not really wanting to get in here and rile people up, but back when Jack started this whole thing, he talked about how many of the first games would go to ops so they could iron out any additional issues as they were delivered to everyone else. It seems that is exactly what is happening.

If I was in the position to have one of these on pre-order, I think that I would feel just as disappointed as everyone else that mine hasn't come yet, but I also think that I would feel like I had waited this long already, what is another month or two?

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I just browsed thru this train wreck and some of your comments just suck. What is it with you guys who have ZERO interest in WOZ making things look worse than they are for JJP. I'd hate to think what a NOOB is thinking if they sign in to pinside to browse and read some of this trash. Your only making it look like people are getting robbed. Nobody has gotten robbed. We all know the story and the truth. It is what it is but, why do you want to make it even worse? If JJP didn't start this then we would still be in bare playfield land from other with some of the best designers not working in pinball anymore. Some of you should just shut up already and move on. Even more so if you don't even want a WOZ. Get over it already. I'm not saying you have to agree with anyone either. I'm just saying WHY KEEP the negativity flowing? leave it between JJP and it's REALY CUSTOMERS. Enough is enough. One of the many things I hate about the internet. Everyone knows more than the other people typing. It's nuts that your not celebrating new pins in the day of the ipad.

Didn't you already get YOUR game?

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well said. I'm sure JJP could of made a pin with less toys, no LCD, no stereo sound, no clear coated cabinets, heck no clear coated wood apron that could have been released last year...but how many people would really want that game? JJP is trying to raise the bar and after hearing many owners feedback I say they already have.

Why does this description sound familiar.....????

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

what is another month or two?

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I think you're over-generalizing here. Big difference between an established company like Stern, who pushes pre-orders and higher prices for LEs (artificial scarcity) to boost sales in a continuous design/mfg cycle, and start-ups like JJP, JPOP, Skit-B, who need pre-order funds to actually pay for components and other development/manufacturing expenses. And JJP appears to be paying close attention to quality issues, to the extent of upgrading components during the early shipping cycle. (LED power supply was upgraded very recently in response to early reports of light system issues.) I am not going to pooh-pooh these types of efforts. But that's me.

Atleast I got my LE so I can enjoy it before retirement.

#294 10 years ago

Here is my new happy place song, play this in the background as you read this thread.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

There are only 100 LE owners on pinside based on the thread here a while back.

Make that 101. I didn't catch that thread.

pappy

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Make that 101. I didn't catch that thread.
pappy

Actually we stopped counting in that thread. Here is a little helper that shows over 200, plus many like me that have the game on order and put it in the wish list. I am sure most of the people that list as owners have not received their game yet.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/wizard-of-oz/owners

#297 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I don't live and have never been to Minnesota

You should ! If only to visit LTG at SS billiards and Mortimer's. Great places, nice people. Hope to visit the twin cities again someday.

#298 10 years ago

Well the solution is if you want a game now call JJP and tell them you want a game to take to the state fair. 49 states remaining....

kid_spit.gifkid_spit.gif

#299 10 years ago

The silver lining about the delays: now when GTA5 comes out I won't have to choose whether to play WOZ or it. There won't be a WOZ in my house at that time, hmmm...um, yay!? Seriously, it might as well get delayed 'til 2014 with that game coming.

#300 10 years ago

I really don't understand why anyone still is waiting for delivery.

Just ask for your money back and buy one of the ones posted here for sale or from a distributor, doesn't seem that hard to me.

Step #1 Get money back
Step #2 Buy available machine now and play now.....

That is if you have played one in person and still want one. I played it and didn't care for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-delays-continue/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.