thumbs_up.jpg
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
mckayladisappointed.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If you are suggesting you are NOT defending JJP?..... Um yeah.... One of us clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word.... Pffft.... Maybe it's me.... I'm at a trade show in DC and I've had like like 6 jack and cokes already....

Cheers!

Ummmm....pffft...I'm NOT defending him, have another jack and coke, its BS! I'm about to go grab a beer because well It's 5 o'clock somewhere, oh yeah, its 5 o'clock here...

Cheers! Sounds like a fun trade show anyhow

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Yes, must be very frustating waiting for a game that was paid over time... BUT atleast they are being finally delivered.. and if you read the JJP forum, production is up..
ALSO, where are any of the following... anywhere even close to being in buyers hands..
Magic Girl?
Zombieland Adventure?
Predator?
All promised years ago....

Magic Girl is in prototype phase, I believe. And Zombieland customers have been seeing (and having input to) lots of developments, incl. pf layouts, artwork options, new components, etc. Those games will be worth the price and wait, I'm sure. (OK, I have to admit, WOZ will be too when it finally arrives.) Dunno about Predator status.

#103 10 years ago

I am waiting just like everyone else. I am also getting mine through a distributor. He has 4 LEs ordered and a few regulars.

I understand the business of getting the most exposure of the product and to get it out to the masses. Makes perfect business sense. Conning JJP into getting the machine for a supposed State Fair 4 weeks ahead of time..thats just BS..

Shame!

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

What does stern pump out a day?

Gross

Jokes aside - and this isn't a knock on JJP specifically, this goes for Stern & other boutiques, too - I'm officially burnt out on the new-style NIB pinball buying process. Pre-orders, expecting to be the guinea pig for mech & software testing...I'm over it. They all need to stop rushing product, taking money for non-existing product...just make the product. Test it in the real world. Re-tool it if stuff isn't functioning correctly. Manufacture, market, impress us, sell finished games.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Possible new theme for JJP #3?

Bonus points for anyone that can identify the photo..

Ponzi.

Don't be naive, Jack is a business man. He has bills to pay, employees, overhead, etc.. he's doing his best I'm sure. Let him have a little room to move around. Everyone will get their games ASAP but he's got to keep the doors open to do it. Yeah, I'm paid in full on WoZ and Hobbit already. Do I like waiting? no, but I went into this with both eyes open and expected some delays.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Predator?

All promised years ago....

Predator wasn't promised to anyone years ago. And the moment brand new orders for Predator would start jumping the line over preorder people, pitchforks would be out en masse.

#107 10 years ago

Its silly to think all of these HUO customers are more important than an OP who will showcase this game to hundreds or thousands of people. yes you paid a long time ago, but these guys are being shipped non LE games.

Calm down.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, surely a disappointment.......well football is right around the corner!

Go Seahawks! Soon to be Superbowl Champions.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Predator wasn't promised to anyone years ago. And the moment brand new orders for Predator would start jumping the line over preorder people, pitchforks would be out en masse.

that would be tough since there only making 250.. and I think there all spoken for. correct me if I'm wrong.. ; )

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gross
Jokes aside - and this isn't a knock on JJP specifically, this goes for Stern & other boutiques, too - I'm officially burnt out on the new-style NIB pinball buying process. Pre-orders, expecting to be the guinea pig for mech & software testing...I'm over it. They all need to stop rushing product, taking money for non-existing product...just make the product. Test it in the real world. Re-tool it if stuff isn't functioning correctly. Manufacture, market, impress us, sell finished games.

I think you're over-generalizing here. Big difference between an established company like Stern, who pushes pre-orders and higher prices for LEs (artificial scarcity) to boost sales in a continuous design/mfg cycle, and start-ups like JJP, JPOP, Skit-B, who need pre-order funds to actually pay for components and other development/manufacturing expenses. And JJP appears to be paying close attention to quality issues, to the extent of upgrading components during the early shipping cycle. (LED power supply was upgraded very recently in response to early reports of light system issues.) I am not going to pooh-pooh these types of efforts. But that's me.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its silly to think all of these HUO customers are more important than an OP who will showcase this game to hundreds or thousands of people. yes you paid a long time ago, but these guys are being shipped non LE games.
Calm down.

Yeah Silly.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

that would be tough since there only making 250.. and I think there all spoken for. correct me if I'm wrong.. ; )

That's true. My point is pretty much new customers can't simply jump the line under any circumstance (either through buying existing spots, or from new orders).

#113 10 years ago

pics are now being removed from fb priceless

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

pics are now being removed from fb priceless

Just proves the point!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Calm down.

I agree.

I hope the next couple dozen machines they cut the pre-order kids for go to replace those damn prototype machines in the field!

#116 10 years ago

Jan 14 2011, Jack says mine is #47 in assembly. Since I don't know what the number 47 is referenced against, I have no idea. No news on mine yet. Jack says hoping assembly next week.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I agree.
I hope the next couple dozen machines they cut the pre-order kids for go to replace those damn prototype machines in the field!

Just shows people a valuable lesson. Don't preorder.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Jan 14 2011, Jack says mine is #47 in assembly. Since I don't know what the number 47 is referenced against, I have no idea. No news on mine yet. Jack says hoping assembly next week.

When did you order?

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I think you're over-generalizing here. Big difference between an established company like Stern, who pushes pre-orders and higher prices for LEs (artificial scarcity) to boost sales in a continuous design/mfg cycle, and start-ups like JJP, JPOP, Skit-B, who need pre-order funds to actually pay for components and other development/manufacturing expenses. And JJP appears to be paying close attention to quality issues, to the extent of upgrading components during the early shipping cycle. (LED power supply was upgraded very recently in response to early reports of light system issues.) I am not going to pooh-pooh these types of efforts. But that's me.

Hey, if these "pre-order & wait years & get incomplete games" models work for them and the buyers are cool with it....cool. I'm not gonna get all emotional about it. I'm just sayin' - for me - I'm over it. It was fun for a while, no regrets...just don't feel like being part of it anymore.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#121 10 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball
Pinside drama
4:08 PMJonathan (#648 UK)
Just a heads up Jack, someone just posted this on pinside.
'Yea, this is about to blow up. I know a local distributor that just called last month and ordered 10 WoZ and got them today. As soon as I see my confirmation picture that he has them all, I'm calling Jack and demanding a refund on my WoZ and also my hobbit preorder. This will get well publicized. It's one thing for him to be doing his best to fill orders in order of received. But it's something quite different when he pushes everyone else in front of those that paid 1-2 years ago.'

Can't see it being true personally

4:12 PMConcretehardt
Natives are getting very restless!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-delays-continue

4:24 PMmurfe88
Somebody just posted a pic of the purchase order . With out knowing all the facts it sure seems pretty true me.
- show quoted text -

4:25 PMJersey Jack
The DG game is for the Minnesota State Fair - I was asked to help out this year and we did - it's a promotional game. We are shipping lots of LE games. Some distribs have asked - really demanded- that they get their WOZ games before some LE because they have operators that want them before the Summer is over. We have made some of them too but are still doing mostly LE games here.
- show quoted text -

4:33 PMJonathan (#648 UK)
That purchase order is for a different game. The guy claiming a distributor got 10 games early has proved nothing

4:49 PMJersey Jack
We did not ship ten games to anyone at one time yet!

When we did not ship games, that was a problem....we are not shipping fast enough....problem.....I get it.

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:33:25 PM UTC-4, Jonathan (#648 UK) wrote:
That purchase order is for a different game. The guy claiming a distributor got 10 games early has proved nothing

4:51 PMJonathan (#648 UK)
It didnt sound legit. Same old posters with an agenda trying to cause trouble it seems

#122 10 years ago

When "now shipping" = 10 games on a damn near empty truck some folks knew better.

Request a refund today & just buy a WOZ when they are actually shipping!

I'd almost bet I can get a WOZ damn near a year before the last guy to preorder.

To those sticking it out... I wish you the best & sincerely hope this was all worth it when the game arrives.

Best of luck JJP. Good to see games shipping honestly but its shitty it's not to the folks who seem to have loaned you the start up money.

#123 10 years ago

At least the games are shipping and games are being assembled every day. Its just not quick enough for us.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's funny how the most outraged are the people that have no Woz or sold their spot! How about posting it here AND calling Jack for us Woz idiots.
Maybe we can get the Rev Al Sharpton to lead a riot rally? Hehe

Go to the JJP forum if you want a back rub for your WOZ loyalty/excuses.

Let those with a capable mind voice their interpretation without suppression.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Let those with a capable mind voice their interpretation without suppression.

Voice away....no problem with it....but I'm here, and I'd rather have an Anthony Weiner rub....

Voter suppression rally! Let's go...

Gotta feeling Jack's gonna lose a lot of sales via cancellation over this and I'd agree with that maybe most should just buy when it is actually readily available

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd rather have an Anthony Weiner rub....

Lol

You are now my favorite "WOZ'r that always thumbs down my shit"

I hope your game ships tomorrow sir

#129 10 years ago

whoa, what a mess. Gotta leave--major work project just came up that's due tomorrow and will keep me busy for several hours. Hope it's not as bad as it seems. But hey, I started a big thread on Pinside!

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Lol

You are now my favorite "WOZ'r that always thumbs down my shit"

I hope your game ships tomorrow sir

You crack me up PB79!.....I thumbs up your sh*t too a lot!

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

whoa, what a mess. Gotta leave--major work project just came up that's due tomorrow and will keep me busy for several hours. Hope it's not as bad as it seems. But hey, I started a big thread on Pinside!

Go play some WPT anyhow Like I am going to do....

#132 10 years ago

How about everyone cancels their pre order and they buy a regular edition. problem solved.

#133 10 years ago

I see empty posts

Abso

Is that you?

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta feeling Jack's gonna lose a lot of sales via cancellation over this and I'd agree with that maybe most should just buy when it is actually readily available

Even if he loses 50 LE preorders, they will be gobbled up in a heartbeat by the next people on the list. That's probably offset even further by the future sales to Ops because he took care of them when they needed him to.

Making a larger customer happy over a small one is a decision that is made every single day by lots of companies/managers. Lots of times, the smaller customer doesn't even realize it happened. Y'all just happened to find out this time.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

....I thumbs up your sh*t too a lot!

Gross.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm not sure but I think it's the power supply change. We had to order a bunch of those once we determined the appropriate size. That happened in the last few weeks and definitely slowed things down a bit.

When did the power supplies get upgraded? I'm assuming any games currently shipping would have had this upgrade already done. Fair assumption?

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Making a larger customer happy over a small one is a decision that is made every single day by lots of companies/managers. Lots of times, the smaller customer doesn't even realize it happened. Y'all just happened to find out this time.

I don't disagree with you....kind of like how our government works, you know...

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I thumbs up your sh*t too a lot!

Errrr...wait a minute, that came out wrong!.....sick bastards..

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

kind of like how our government works

Our government works?????

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't disagree with you....kind of like how our government works, you know...

How everything works.

Even UPS prioritizes business deliveries over residential.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Our government works?????

You are 100% correct sir, how our "government doesn't work"....

Weiner for President!

#142 10 years ago

So just to clarify, the post about ten pins being delivered that were only ordered last month still hasn't been shown to be true?

This 3 page shit storm is about 1 machine that got delivered early for a show? This place gets worse by the day

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Great points! Nearly everyone who owns a game hasn't said a bad thing about it.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I asked specifically about this game and was told its first stop was the fair. I don't live and have never been to Minnesota and ny doesn't have state fairs so I don't even know how big of a deal these fairs are?

Not trying to pile on but Lloyd lives in MN, I believe is tech support for JJP, doesn't he have a game someone can help bring to MN state fair?

Listen there is no good answer here. Jack is running his business to make more money. Understand his right - sure good rationale.

TomWGI have an extra red pill? My blue one is giving me indigestion.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Even if he loses 50 LE preorders, they will be gobbled up in a heartbeat by the next people on the list. That's probably offset even further by the future sales to Ops because he took care of them when they needed him to.

Wow. Hard for me to believe you can make this argument when the LE's were paid off over 2 years ago! Fulfilling a "larger customers" need (with 0 upfront investment) over an early adopter LE buyer is just wrong. I'm not saying JJP is doing this, but IF it's being done, it's bad business. Anyone who can rationalize this as "normal" just wants to stick their head in the sand.

I asked for my refund back in March, when JJP decided to ship with incomplete software (an early "mantra" of something they'd never do...citing it as one of Stern's evil practices). Since March, I've picked up a lot of great pins that I know are fun...the hobby needs to be fun, not aggravating.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

So just to clarify, the post about ten pins being delivered that were only ordered last month still hasn't been shown to be true?
This 3 page shit storm is about 1 machine that got delivered early for a show? This place gets worse by the day

There was plenty of activity in the thread prior to that post. Mostly having to do with (once again) false ship dates being given to a January 2011 customer. And (once again) another baseless ship date being given to said customer. The post you referenced only fanned the flames.

#147 10 years ago

This thread needs some humor

#148 10 years ago

Shipping dates have been slipping since 2011, this isn't breaking news.

The circle currently goes:

People complain they haven't got a shipping date > They get a rough estimate from JJP > Estimate isn't accurate > People complain their shipping date has slipped > Jack stops giving shipping dates

Repeat ad infinitum

#149 10 years ago

I feel real bad for those that are experiencing any delays, especially for those that I have got to know here and for those that have been positive and supportive of this whole process. Some of these posts are made with the apparent attempt to stir up unjust drama. I'm no polyanna but these negative posts cause undue misery for some folks. In this case, get the facts. There are no ten games being delivered, so strike that one from the record books.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

People complain they haven't got a shipping date > They get a rough estimate from JJP > Estimate isn't accurate >In the meantime, standard games ship to people who didn't preorder> People complain their shipping date has slipped > Jack stops giving shipping dates

You forgot about that middle part. I added it for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-delays-continue/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.