thumbs_up.jpg
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
mckayladisappointed.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
#601 10 years ago

This thread must hold some record for most activity with least substance!

My biggest problem with waiting so long for my WOZLE is all the negativity! (But I still read these threads anyway! )

All this talk of deception, possible bankruptcy, possible absconding, needing to drum up TH sales to fund WOZ build, etc. is ridiculous. If Jack were short on money at this point, he has plenty of infrastructure and demand to get a business loan against at this point! The only thing he is guilty of is being overoptimistic. I never had any signed contract that the game would be ready by such and such a date. The game is worth whatever the wait, end of story.

I'd be a helluva lot more worried if I had plopped down 15 large on one of the boutique games... Or maybe I wouldn't, because to do that I would have to be stinking rich.

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Allright you bunch of Numbnuts, I've got to take my two youngest daughters to see Wolverine tonight.......I've got my white tank on and will order the nacho special with extra jalapeños (which most of you don't appreciate what they are) along with a popcorn combo....
Behave yourselves while I'm gone....

We'll do our worst. Enjoy the show!

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

have you seen my baseball?

You funny sumb*tch....stop it, love that movie.....ok, "we gone"......DD style (guessing nobody knows what DD stands for)

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know it sucks, and I respect your decision to move on, just like anybody else, I'm happy for you.......you owned a Woz, suffered through the process, I respect that...I support Jack and what he's doing for pinball, like you do and did....
I will say that I'll have a Woz in the garage soon and you are welcome to swing by and play it anytime! Although a long haul from WI.....on second thought, if you are friends of Flanker, I'm not so sure! Jk

Thanks for the offer Ice. My buddy Dan is getting one in town. So I'm sure he will let m play it although he has been threatening a dollar a play.
I decided long ago that the end of July was my breaking point.
Good things come to those who wait they say. I just couldn't hold on anymore.

#605 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I know for a fact this number of 2k to 3k paid in full games is bullshit. Of the 1k woz le games theres lots of them not paid in full. He also hasn't sold 2k regulars woz yet...

You seem to know facts but offer up none? Here's how I came up with my guess:

There are 1000 WOZ ECLEs all of which were sold, and, say 500 WOZ SE's sold. JJP's payment plan required all of those to be paid in full by now. I agree not all have been paid, many chose to ignore it, or ask for leniency due to delays and such. I feel pretty comfortable that he has the lions share of retail income from 1500 WOZ's.

There are 1500 Hobbit LE's offered. JJP's payment plan is to have $2750 for each by now. Who knows how many of those were sold, and who knows how many SE's, but lets say 1000 total have made down payments.

I think 2000 games paid for is not out of line between the two games, and assuming JJP has put up some of its own investment money besides the paid games, I don't see the cash issue people keep bringing up.

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Thanks for going to bat for me in my absence DC!
I am many things, but what I am not is a liar.

Anytime friend.

#607 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This thread must hold some record for most activity with least substance!

I take a break from Cigars, food and sangria to check here..... mms_picture.jpgmms_picture.jpg

#608 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So I'm sure he will let m play it although he has been threatening a dollar a play.

He should till he makes up those shipping dollars you cost him

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

the toys are complex

How are the toys complex?
-Up & Down mech (Witch)
-Spinning motor (House)
-A door & kickout saucer (Castle)
-Magnet on a motor (Monkey)

It's all kinda fairly standard stuff.

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How are the toys complex?
-Up & Down mech (Witch)
-Spinning motor (House)
-Magnet on a motor (Monkey)
It's all kinda fairly standard stuff.

Additionally, the house has the witches feet that pop out. The dual eddy magnets in front of the witch. The monkey magnet picks the ball up from another magnet. Also, you forgot the crystal ball display.
I forgot the state fair balloon bumper with targets which is a unique part of the game that has received very good reviews.

#611 10 years ago

I was a late order for the standard edition, but still over a year ago. I had no idea when my machine was going to be produced, but with the way people will sell for a loss (see XM LE) and with there being 1000 LEs of WoZ and with people paying as little as $6500 for WoZ LE, I figure that if I'm going to wait anyway I might as well drop off my pre-order and wait to get a resale rather than pay full price for a standard which might be a year out from now anyway.

#612 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Additionally, the house has the witches feet that pop out. The monkey magnet picks the ball up from another magnet. Also, you forgot the crystal ball display.

Crystal ball display is COOL...but it's not really complex. It's a glass (or plastic?) ball with a little screen behind it.

When I think of complex, I think of Thing's hand taking the ball into the box and the subways that set up that ball for Multiball... ToM's trunk...MM's castle...STTNG's subway opto system...or even NGG's gophers. Toys that have various states, lock balls, reveal things, open new paths - things like that.

#613 10 years ago

I read this forum on a regular basis and I am not a WOZ lover or hater. I do believe that something has gone amuck though. Today I drove to Long Island to pickup a pin that I purchased from a gentleman in Hicksville. After a short conversation about our hobby, he mentioned that he was looking to purchase a WOZ. I responded about a buddy of mine who ordered one and has patiently waited for it for a long time.
He responded that all he needed was "another couple of bucks" and he was going to order one from a store nearby. In confusion I asked, nearby? He responded by saying it was in a game store not far away, and that I could pass there on my way back to the city. The store was called Great Neck Games on Jericho parkway in Mineola. I'm not sure if it is in queens or Long Island though.
After a short drive from his home I found the WOZ in the window of the store with five other pins On display. Sadly, the store was closed for the day. I will post a picture of it tomorrow when I figure how to upload it on pinside

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well for a start there is three motors for the doors on the upper left playfield.

Don't seem standard to me.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Look under the hood. Some of it is complex.

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from Bartstoys:

I read this forum on a regular basis and I am not a WOZ lover or hater. I do believe that something has gone amuck though. Today I drove to Long Island to pickup a pin that I purchased from a gentleman in Hicksville. After a short conversation about our hobby, he mentioned that he was looking to purchase a WOZ. I responded about a buddy of mine who ordered one and has patiently waited for it for a long time.
He responded that all he needed was "another couple of bucks" and he was going to order one from a store nearby. In confusion I asked, nearby? He responded by saying it was in a game store not far away, and that I could pass there on my way back to the city. The store was called Great Neck Games on Jericho parkway in Mineola. I'm not sure if it is in queens or Long Island though.
After a short drive from his home I found the WOZ in the window of the store with five other pins On display. Sadly, the store was closed for the day. I will post a picture of it tomorrow when I figure how to upload it on pinside

Its not weird, standards are going out ALONG WITH le's. You can find a few for sale if you look around.

#616 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look under the hood. Some of it is complex.

I'd love to, but...

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'd love to, but...

Come on over. I'll show you.

#618 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He should till he makes up those shipping dollars you cost him

He plays my games enough. It all evens out.

#619 10 years ago

I know a guy that knows a guy that says he has proof that Jersey Jack was the man on the grassy knoll. He could be personally responsible for the "Bay of Pins" man.. Aliens... cow lip mutilations... burned out LED's.. massive WOZ shipments in the dead of night.. it's a f^(king PATTERN man.. I'm just sayin'... I've seen the X-Files.. If we're going to play conspiracy theorists, lets put on our aluminum foil hats and go full blown!

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity edited

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Come on over. I'll show you.

Thanks for the offer! I haven't been up your way in a couple years, but if I make it up there again I'll take you up on it.

I think Chris might open the hood on the one in the Dells if I were to buy him a drink or two. Might have to take him up on that!

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What happened to "innocent until proven guilty".......Jack is doing his best and its great for pinball, are you kidding me?.....Do you have an axe to grind or work for Stern?

Can you give the Jack cheer-leading a break?
Your avatar looks like a cheerleader and you sound like one.

#622 10 years ago

I will say this, I am not fond of posting on this site. The last year I posted some findings and JJP sent me a " I want to talk to you" message. I give you guys credit for speaking your minds though!

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from Bartstoys:

I will say this, I am not fond of posting on this site. The last year I posted some findings and JJP sent me a " I want to talk to you" message. I give you guys credit for speaking your minds though!

Weren't you the guy snooping in the factory?

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Thanks for the offer! I haven't been up your way in a couple years, but if I make it up there again I'll take you up on it.

I realize you are a good 5 hours from me. But if you ever get the chance please do. If you would need to be here during hours I'm not normally to make it work for you, early or later. Let me know in advance.

#625 10 years ago

Wow. Who started this crapfest of a thread anyway? Guy outta be banned!

Back on topic, I got a recent update, estimated ship date for my WOZ LE (end of Jan 2011 order) was bumped from late July to late August. I hear the assembly line is finally ramping up to speed. Hope my game does arrive in a month. Can't wait!

#626 10 years ago

Snooping?? If driving into the parking lot and knocking on the door constitutes "snooping", then YES! My friend Bob still doesn't have his LE and won't waste the gas there ever again!

#627 10 years ago

You make it sound like we jumped a fence and broke the door down!

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I realize you are a good 5 hours from me. But if you ever get the chance please do. If you would need to be here during hours I'm not normally to make it work for you, early or later. Let me know in advance.

A very generous offer, but I think if I make it up there I can certainly manage to swing by during business hours.

Quoted from StevenP:

Back on topic, I got a recent update, estimated ship date for my WOZ LE (end of Jan 2011 order) was bumped from late July to late August. I hear the assembly line is finally ramping up to speed. Hope my game does arrive in a month. Can't wait!

I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope that estimate holds true. It would be a positive sign for all of us LE buyers.

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

To be honest.... I'd rather see a pic of you and some B-list actor!!
I can do that!

Not the best picture I could dig up, but at least an A- actor. Think Butch Cassidy although he was on the C List as a card player back then, he became a bit more popular during the next several decades. SE.JPGSE.JPG

#631 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Here's where you and I won't agree, you seem to trust everything jack says and I don't. Given that impass we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do appreciate your response being civil.

Fair enough. I'm tired of this thread. Time to play some Transformers and Tron.

#632 10 years ago

626 post in a little over a day . WOW

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Thanks for recognizing your mistake. Also, I'd appreciate it if you would go back to your original post and remove the line where you called me a liar (or a MOD can since it falls under the personal attack realm as far as I'm concerned).
The Internet never forgets!

Done. Thanks for bearing with me and sorry for slinging mud.

#634 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

626 post in a little over a day . WOW

Yea, pretty sad. I just glanced through and it's the same old shit.

How some of you guys can devote the time and effort into all of this bullshit is beyond me. I like pinball, but it's summer and I like fishing with my wife and playing with my dog. I like working on my 76 Ford highboy and driving it in the mountains. I like going to keggers in my friends backyard.

I think some here need to take a break, enjoy life a bit more.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not the best picture I could dig up, but at least an A- actor. Think Butch Cassidy although he was on the C List as a card player back then, he became a bit more popular during the next several decades.

That would be Sam Elliott...

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Thanks for the update! I keep hearing that JJP should be at 10 games a day sometime in August.

#637 10 years ago

Thanks for the update! I keep hearing that JJP should be at 10 games a day sometime in August.

Considering how quick we've been asked to ramp up powdering that timeframe is real soon.

150 games worth every 2 weeks.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Done. Thanks for bearing with me and sorry for slinging mud.

No worries... It's all good now. Accidents happen. Thanks for fixing your post.

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I called Jen yesterday. I am June 2011. My late August/Early September estimate I got in May is now late October. I know that translates to ramping up to 50/week to make my 500th-ish game by October (assuming they've done about 150, that's 350 to go for me and about 12 weeks - so that's averaging about 30 a week, and last week Jack said they shipped 15). Plus, I have also heard the line speed is ramping up nicely now too. I think the LED power supply was the biggest hold up, but that's resolved per Alex. I figure if I got an estimate two months ago, and now in July the later estimate only slipped one month, that seems reasonable. I mean it jives with the line manager being hired, and the LED power supply issue resolved, and a few other tweaks along the way in testing the first 100-150 off the line. Seems an extra month tacked on to fix and revamp any assembly process with the new info from real production of the first 100 and adjusting for timing and on-line issues is expected. They've been at it for about 12 weeks now, and 10-15 games a week, including some line pauses for those issues, it seems like 25-50/week from here isn't such a stretch. Do that for the next 10-12 weeks and you and I should have the games in the times we've just been given.

#640 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Considering how quick I've been asked to ramp up powdering that timeframe is real soon.

Oh wow, nice Pinchroma. Can you give us any details on what makes the powder coat on WOZ last? I've seen prototype LE's as as well a production LE on location and the powder coat job always looks like its holding up really well. I'm not trying to bash ACDC Premium as I bought one NIB (love the game) but I've noticed that the powder coat on the game can easily come off if your not careful. Thanks!

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Considering how quick we've been asked to ramp up powdering that timeframe is real soon.

Nice work. I talked to Matt, and the Back Alley Creations lab is cooking lots of slippers and balloons and ...

#643 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure everybody on here is a business genius

Oh shucks

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I think I see my lockdown bar!!

#645 10 years ago

Oh wow, nice Pinchroma. Can you give us any details on what makes the powder coat on WOZ last? I'm not trying to bash ACDC Premium as I bought one NIB (love the game) but I've noticed that the powder coat on the game can easily come off if your not careful. Thanks!

Well the place doing stern (and the proto woz games) does everything by machine with a static rate of spray and don't follow the same prep and powder process we do. It's all in the process. The powder itself is exactly the same.

Step #1) Prep starts with a dip in a chemical stripper to remove anything left on the surface like oils from the metal press. (This is the most important step). Other places won't do this at all they just skip to step 3.

Step #2) Bathe the parts in acetone to remove the remnants of the Chem stripper

Step #3) media blast with iron oxide (most places then skip to step 6)

Step #4) another dip in acetone to remove any blast media which may be left behind.

Step #5) pre-heat parts to 200-220 degrees.

Step #6) shoot parts in base color. (We put a fairly heavy coat on to make sure it rugged and the pre-heat adds extra adhesion)

Step #7) in the oven at 380-400 for 12 minutes

Step #8) take out of oven and shoot warm at 200-220 degrees a very thick clear which activates the underlying powder. (Picture of green before and after clear below)

Step #9) back into the oven for another 14-15 mins at 380-400.

Most places spray thin and do a basic 4 part process. It's certainly more cost effective but we use no automation and every part is done by hand and checked between stages by hand. Like everything else with woz its done with attention to detail in mind.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I take a break from Cigars, food and sangria to check here.....

J&Rs in Hanover?

#647 10 years ago

No...Porterhouse in Montvale. Steak House/Cigar Club. If you're in Jersey, drinks and cigars are on me.

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's certainly more cost effective but we use no automation and every part is done by hand and checked between stages by hand. Like everything else with woz its done with attention to detail in mind.

Looks nice Alex. I didn't know you were doing the WOZ powder coats. Cool.

pappy

#649 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

DD style (guessing nobody knows what DD stands for)

DumbDumb style?

#650 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Looks nice Alex. I didn't know you were doing the WOZ powder coats. Cool.
pappy

I started about a month ago. They had parts for like 200 games from the original run that were done by the place in Chicago. All games going forward are ours.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-delays-continue/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.