thumbs_up.jpg
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
a_few_more_great_gifs_of_celebrity_boo.gif
mckayladisappointed.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 10 years ago

Just got an update on my Jan 30 2011 WOZ pre-order. Last month's estimate of a late July shipping date just got bumped to (maybe) late August. Frustrating.

#2 10 years ago

WOW.

How many are ahead of you?

#3 10 years ago

Last I heard they had an expert whip the line into shape. How does this add up to more delays?

#4 10 years ago

As if 2 and a half years was long enough...dang that sucks. Hope you at least get it by then.

#5 10 years ago

Not good. I know someone that is considering cancelling their Hobbit preorder based purely on JJP's current inability to achieve their own targets and the fact that the UK has received no production WOZ yet.

#6 10 years ago

Hosting a huge party here first weekend of August too; the plan to have WOZ up and running is now a no-go.

#7 10 years ago

Also means I have absolutely no ability to plan my shooting ahead of time...

#8 10 years ago

I'm guessing Jack is broke or close to it, or he simply doesn't want to spend the money on adequate labor to get these machines out the door in a more timely fashion.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Just got an update on my Jan 30 2011 WOZ pre-order. Last month's estimate of a late July shipping date just got bumped to (maybe) late August. Frustrating.

That stinks. I'm a March 23rd 2011 order and was last told late August / early September. Looks like late September early August now...

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'm guessing Jack is broke or close to it, or he simply doesn't want to spend the money on adequate labor to get these machines out the door in a more timely fashion.

I think there is more to it than labor. You can't just pay a skilled worker to work. yo need tools, training, and space.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That stinks. I'm a March 23rd 2011 order and was last told late August / early September. Looks like late September early August now...

Would that be early August 2014?

#12 10 years ago

lol! I meant early October.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a March 23rd 2011 order and was last told late August / early September. Looks like late September early August now...

Best case but not likely. I got an update on mine and it made me sick. I really hope they get their shit together. I have never bashed them but it really is getting old now and I'm kind of over it. I don't know why anyone would give them $1 for Hobbit right now, it's time for them to prove to the commuity that buys that they can deliver.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I think it's more likely that he's working out the final round of bugs in the pin before shipping them in volume. Ship some, watch what you get for infant mortalities and adjust is a lot cheaper than recalling thousands of pins or making thousands of service calls.

#15 10 years ago

My Jan. 23 (2011) order has been rescheduled to (possibly) late August, too.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You obviously don't know Jack, senator.

#17 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that guys, over two years and getting news of more delays would frustrate most pinheads. I hope if you all stay in that you get the pin soon and absolutely love it.

#18 10 years ago

The only promising thing right now is that games are at least being produced and shipped. However, I thought JJP is well on their way to 10 games built a day so I wonder what the reason for the delay is.

#19 10 years ago

I guess mine is going to be delayed until September

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

My Jan. 23 (2011) order has been rescheduled to (possibly) late August, too.

Well, hell. I'm Jan 24... August 9th was my projected date... sh*tters...

#21 10 years ago

In my field, long delays are very costly and unsustainable. Not sure how JJP can continue with these.

#22 10 years ago

At least they are shipping SOMETHING.

JJP could have gone under and nobody would have got a game at all.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The only promising thing right now is that games are at least being produced and shipped. However, I thought JJP is well on their way to 10 games built a day so I wonder what the reason for the delay is.

What does stern pump out a day?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

That doesn't matter. Would everyone rather have a bad or troublesome pinball 6 months ago or a working nice machine in a month?

#25 10 years ago

At the tour they said 50, but I'm not sure if that is total capacity, or just what they were running that day. .

#26 10 years ago

It is up to you

I got tired of the delays as and BS so I canceled my order
Money was quickly refunded and I moved on
Lots of other pinball machines to play and enjoy

#27 10 years ago

Funny the guys buying standards right now don't seem to be upset..

#28 10 years ago

Pinball machines. Lots of them.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Pinball machines. Lots of them.

And they are fun!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That doesn't matter. Would everyone rather have a bad or troublesome pinball 6 months ago or a working nice machine in a month?

It's a baseline for what industry practice is. There's nothing more pertinent than what the other/only other guy is doing.

#31 10 years ago

I guess I will just wait patiently for mine . Not a big deal to me .

#32 10 years ago

This is disappointing to read. I'm May 2011 order and was told likely August ship date. Now, I'm preparing myself for Xmas - 2013 still.

Something isn't right in NJ. I wonder if they are starting to fulfill disti orders first in order to prime the pump better for future business and Hobbit sales volume. Jack was a disti and knows the value of a happy sales channel versus one and twosy buyers. I honestly believe he is trying to make everyone happy but now needs to make trade off decisions based on slow delivery line.

Don't want to bash JJP but as others have posted something is off. Putting money down on Hobbit is nonsensical at this point. People sure need to start appreciating Stern delivery vehicle. Say what you will but they are pumping out games.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

I think it's more likely that he's working out the final round of bugs in the pin before shipping them in volume. Ship some, watch what you get for infant mortalities and adjust is a lot cheaper than recalling thousands of pins or making thousands of service calls.

I think this ^ slowed stuff down... The good news is that issues like too small of a power supply for the LED's ect have been solved so for those who wait you will get a better game.

#34 10 years ago

Yea, this is about to blow up. I know a local distributor that just called last month and ordered 10 WoZ and got them today. As soon as I see my confirmation picture that he has them all, I'm calling Jack and demanding a refund on my WoZ and also my hobbit preorder. This will get well publicized. It's one thing for him to be doing his best to fill orders in order of received. But it's something quite different when he pushes everyone else in front of those that paid 1-2 years ago.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea, this is about to blow up. I know a local distributor that just called last month and ordered 10 WoZ and got them today. As soon as I see my confirmation picture that he has them all, I'm calling Jack and demanding a refund on my WoZ and also my hobbit preorder. This will get well publicized. It's one thing for him to be doing his best to fill orders in order of received. But it's something quite different when he pushes everyone else in front of those that paid 1-2 years ago.

+1

#36 10 years ago

Yep, surely a disappointment.......well football is right around the corner!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I hope that's not true.......but let's get the facts on the table....

#38 10 years ago

an op near me ordered last week and got his today. i can even post his receipt and his picture of the game today.

STRINGS WHERE PULLED HE SAYS. gtfo thats B.S

#39 10 years ago

In the long run, no big deal I guess. And they have made some tweaks, like upgrading the lighting power supply recently (after initial production began). But last month's late-July ship estimate would've been great for coinciding with the party. (A scene that might have been good exposure too; probably 50+ people who never heard of WOZ pinball before!) And there's no way that game shipments follow the pre-order date priority. (Even accounting for various distributors' orders of unknown size.) I know this to be fact. Again, frustrating right now.

#40 10 years ago

0_0
ordered on the 11th shipped on the 18th received today. Why? Because Pinball on a stick needed it for the state fair. BULL SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT to the rest of the 2 year buyers. Those are the FACTS
970982_183104175194227_127799064_n.jpg970982_183104175194227_127799064_n.jpg

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Edited our pictures with a Pinsiders personal information on them.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope that's not true.......but let's get the facts on the table....

Hope all you want but Automated suddenly had plenty, Bene, they have been showing up at Arcades and now this.
pretty obvious.

New cash

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

an op near me ordered last week and got his today. i can even post his receipt and his picture of the game today.

See this is SO disappointing. Some of us went in on WOZ back in 2011 to help bring in competition and to support & back Jack. We floated money on the promise we would have new machines within a reasonable time but help him build this new business. Now to get jumped in line - if true - it just ain't right.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

+2. Yeah, new orders = new cash flow, but the pre-orders were told all along that games would be shipped in the order that orders were received. Great game, solid quality and value, and I understand all the delays and growing pains over the past 2+ years. But now games are coming off the assembly line. I do not like it when I'm being BS'd.

#44 10 years ago

Hobbit LE playfield rumoured to be clear coated with snake oil.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Hope all you want but Automated suddenly had plenty, Bene, they have been showing up at Arcades and now this.
pretty obvious.

I'm still hoping.......but when you think about it, it makes sense, you get the hype of Woz out there, pins being delivered and now Ops/distros want in and want to purchase NOW, new $$$.....

It would be hard for a sales guy to pass up a sale today that he might not be able to deliver or get next year after all the pins are finally delivered?.......I don't know, let's see what the response is from Jack..

#46 10 years ago

BOOOOOOM! JUST BLEW THAT SHIZ RIGHT OUT OF THE WATER FOR JJP!

Those images where pulled from Face book

#47 10 years ago

Amazing... I feel awful for the buyers-in-waiting!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I do not like it when I'm being BS'd.

Me either, the BS ing of the original end of March date and other delivery misrepresentations is what set me off back then and supposedly JJP learned the lesson of just telling us what we want to hear regardless of the truth......

I would like to hear the explanation and justification for what is going on and I'm sure that's coming.....

The other thing is, you can't hide the fact that orders like the ones above are happening or that certain distros suddenly appear with "plenty of Woz"......

#49 10 years ago

Yawn03.gifYawn03.gif

#50 10 years ago

Yes facts are boring GO PRINT SHOP!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-delays-continue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.