5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190322_131425 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I picked up a WOZ the other day and have a newbie question. My crystal ball just sits there on its stand. Nothing holds it in place besides gravity. Is that normal? No attachments of any kind? Should I be worried at all about it falling off?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I picked up a WOZ the other day and have a newbie question. My crystal ball just sits there on its stand. Nothing holds it in place besides gravity. Is that normal? No attachments of any kind? Should I be worried at all about it falling off?

It's mounted to a OLED screen in four places and that mounts with two screws from the underside See C-39 in the manual.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

It's mounted to a OLED screen in four places and that mounts with two screws from the underside See C-39 in the manual.

Thanks. I checked that before posting my question but couldn't tell from the illustration whether or not the ball (1) was attached to the screen (6) in any way. Mine is not.

20190322_131425 (resized).jpg20190322_131425 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Does the screen work on your crystal ball?
The two screws from below fell out on mine. The crystal ball started rolling around. I got two new screws that were longer so I could add nuts to help hold the assy in place. Didn't want it to do that again.

#5 5 years ago

The screen/ball seems to work fine. It's just that I'm worried about the ball falling off. There is literally NOTHING holding it in place. I can take the playfield glass off and pick the crystal ball right up (which I MUST remember to do whenever I lift the playfield or it goes rolling off....)

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Does the screen work on your crystal ball?
The two screws from below fell out on mine. The crystal ball started rolling around. I got two new screws that were longer so I could add nuts to help hold the assy in place. Didn't want it to do that again.

So the way I read this, your ball is ATTACHED to the screen and the whole shebang is attached to the base assembly with the two screws? The ball and screen are not supposed to be separate? Maybe they were originally adhered with something? I have some optically clear double sided adhesive that I use for reproducing plastics. Maybe I should bond the two together with that? I'm just concerned that it might mess up the screen if there's not supposed to be adhesive there.

#7 5 years ago

There are 4 screws which connect the panel to the ball and two screws that connect the panel and bracket to the playfield.

#8 5 years ago

Ball was originally glued to the pedestal

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Ball was originally glued to the pedestal

Gotcha - thanks. Mine is an original run standard edition. Looking at the ball I'm guessing the large flat side goes against the screen and the small flat spot goes against the pedestal with some adhesive on the pedestal?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-crystal-ball-question?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.