(Topic ID: 116919)

WoZ Crystal Ball fell off - best glue to reattach?

By DannyM

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DannyM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1547.JPG
#1 9 years ago

While raising the playfield, I heard something fall and it was the crystal ball. It detached from its black mounting base. I'm not sure how it was originally attached since the mating points are completely smooth. Any suggestions on how to best reattach? Lloyd at JJP said that others had usedIMG_1547.JPGIMG_1547.JPG Gorilla Glue but I'm thinking super glue would be better. Suggestions or comments?

#2 9 years ago

Super Glue, 5 minute Epoxy.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Mine came from the factory with the ball mounted up against the wire form so every time the VUK popped it shocked the ball. Fortunately the ball did not come off, but this might have contributed to yours coming off. (In my case, I am convinced this was the cause of the LCD in the ball going into diagnostic mode.) After you remount the ball, make sure it is centered just right and not touching the wire form. If it is, loosen the mount and/or bend as needed to get it right.

#4 9 years ago

Mine fell off too but I never re-glued it. It's just sitting on the base. Works fine I just have to remember to remove it when I lift the playfield.

#5 9 years ago

Duct tape

#6 9 years ago

John_I: Yes, the wire form was hitting the display. I remounted the wire form and raised it up a bit using nuts & washers. I also filed off a bit of the "cross bar" that was sticking out and touching the upper right corner of the display mount.

#7 9 years ago

Used super glue and it seems to work just fine. Regarding the display mount hitting the ramp, you can see the problem in the photo above. The upper right corner of the display mount is just touching the cross member of the wire ramp. The photo was taken before I repositioned the ramp and filed the ramp cross member.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.50
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-crystal-ball-fell-off-best-glue-to-reattach and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.