(Topic ID: 227014)

WOZ Crazy Lights Issue

By Pinphila

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My buddy has a wozle he is selling and his lights are acting crazy during game play. They all randomly change colors quickly. Once the game or ball ends, the colors will scroll correctly. In attract mode the lights appear fine. I have a video but didn’t mess with his game.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Same as a bad board. One isn't passing data through. Assuming no loose connectors or loose wire in a connector.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same as a bad board. One isn't passing data through. Assuming no loose connectors or loose wire in a connector.

Thanks for reply Lloyd. But they work correctly at attract mode. Is that still a bad board? Thanks! I have a video if that helps.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Is that still a bad board?

Board not passing data right or loose connector or loose wire in a connector.

Reseat the light USB cable at the I/O board.

6 months later
#5 5 years ago

Pinphila - Did you ever get this fixed? I am having the same issue and a couple of days ago with the help of Lloyd found that the connectors are bad. I have 4 to 8 lights that will randomly change color during the game and then like you said will fix themselves (for the most part) after a ball drains and the game goes into it's post ball light show. In messing with the connectors it fixed the problem...unfortunately only temporarily. So it is either bad/loose connectors or broken solder on the pins. I haven't gotten into the solder yet so wondering if you found anything else that fixed it to a greater degree?

#6 5 years ago

Pinphila LTG - Does anyone know where to get more of the data cables that connect the G.I. lights? I want to jump past some boards for testing purposes but the cords are too short.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 16.95
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-crazy-lights-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.