image.jpg
image-988.jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG
Powersupply.jpg
Audioboard.jpg
Mainfuseboard.jpg
motherboard.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago

This happened to mine on Thanksgiving. My nephew tried to turn the game on himself and when it didn't go on right away he probably flipped the switch on and off quickly a few times. Lloyd sent me that giant close-up pic on what to short and it worked like a charm but I could see this being an issue that comes up once in awhile especially if there are kids in the house.

#39 10 years ago

I think this is just one of the negatives we have to deal with in order to get all the positives that come with this setup. Its the same with my flat screen hdtv and DirecTV. It takes about 10 seconds from the time I turn them on to the time I get that great picture and 300 channels of programming. It takes about 3 seconds between changing the channel and the picture and sound coming up. It can be frustrating considering I grew up with a tv that tuned in immediately when I turned it on and the channels changed immediately when I turned the knob. But I only had maybe 7 channels and I love Lucy was on 3 of them.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The only thing a user has to do to prevent it is turn the game off, count to 10 and turn it back on when they want to cycle it

Well I know that and you know that but that little 7 year old stinker Nicholas apparently doesn't and although I told him not to touch it, the little bugger found the switch and did it anyway.

#58 10 years ago

On future games hopefully JJP can figure out a failsafe. It wasn't a big deal for me as I was seriously busy after mine went down on Thanksgiving and I got married 2 days later. But, I felt kinda bad that my nieces and nephews kept hounding me "when are you going to fix pinball?" and I had no time to deal with it and just said, soon. Little Nicholas felt bad but at the same time I think it taught him a lesson not to mess with stuff when he was told not to.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Anyone can extend the reset switch if they choose. It's a simple instant on PC switch that essentially shorts 2 mins. Just extend the current one with some wire.

Not sure what you mean by shorts for 2 mins. I shorted it manually for maybe a second with a screwdriver. I would appreciate instructions for a manual modification for us early pin owners who didn't have reset switches. If you could give us part #'s to buy and install that would be cool. As a very early buyer I knew there might be issues so no worries. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and DMM. Gotta say that the main reason I bought WOZ is for the family, and they absolutely love it and I am the coolest Uncle. Several of the kids asked their parents for a pinball machine for Christmas. Probably gonna be disappointed on that one. (edit: Because my siblings are not gonna spring for an expensive pinball machine)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-crapped-itself?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.