Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by musketd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

diaper.jpg
image.jpg
image-988.jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG
Powersupply.jpg
Audioboard.jpg
Mainfuseboard.jpg
motherboard.jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Then before flaming Lloyd

Notice how Lloyd lets it go. That why everyone respects him. Read his replies. We can all learn a lot from him
As you said Alex he has been around a long time. There is wisdom there.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is 1.24 available?

Good question....

and Peace and Love - Peace and Love

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is 1.24 available?

not yet.. waiting on a final revision. Some really good stuff even aside from content in the release like the fix for crystal ball disconnects.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Notice how Lloyd lets it go. That why everyone respects him. Read his replies. We can all learn a lot from him
As you said Alex he has been around a long time. There is wisdom there.

It's an example of smart vs smart ass.

It's also why some companies do not want their employees posting on the Internet.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

not yet.. waiting on a final revision. Some really good stuff even aside from content in the release like the fix for crystal ball disconnects.

hours? tomorrow?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

hours? tomorrow?

Probably 2 hrs.. maybe a little less. All depends on how quick the upload goes.. packaging now. You will likely have it for your 7pm party.

#107 5 years ago

Hey Alex, sorry if I added fuel to this fire on the reset issue. I respect you and the work you do. As you know I was hit with the reset issue myself and was able to figure it out once you told me what to look for. (I mounted a reset button inside). I really think its a pretty easy perm solution though and was coming at this more from an overall interested engineering perspective.

If it were me, I think I'd have a push button power switch on the bottom of the cabinet instead of the rocker switch and have it turn the computer on. Then I think I'd have a smart power strip type circuit so when the computer started up, the rest of the system came alive. (This is how I wired my CCC and my video pin). Then to turn off you hit the power button again and PC shuts down. When it powers off, smart power circuit kills power to the rest. Could have PC default to power on on power loss for those that power on with a breaker.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Hey Alex, sorry if I added fuel to this fire on the reset issue. I respect you and the work you do. As you know I was hit with the reset issue myself and was able to figure it out once you told me what to look for. (I mounted a reset button inside). I really think its a pretty easy perm solution though and was coming at this more from an overall interested engineering perspective.
If it were me, I think I'd have a push button power switch and have it turn the computer on. Then I think I'd have a smart power strip type circuit so when the computer started up, the rest of the system came alive. (This is how I wired my CCC and my video pin). Then to turn off you hit the power button again and PC shuts down. When it powers off, smart power circuit kills power to the rest. Could have PC default to power on on power loss for those that power on with a breaker.

That is certainly a way to do it and it would be very easy to do. We would have to be careful as to its function because that's not how ACPI works on motherboards. One thing that is coming is a new power supply we are working on that will handle the "brownout" scenario internally but the reset button may be there just in case. There are instances where the OS (kernel level) will issue a sig 0 in an effort to protect the OS which is a gentle halt. Normally you would just cycle the PC and that would fix it but in this case the remaining power in the machine would be on as its separate from the mobo/atx. You would still need a way to ensure that it comes back on without a forced hard cycle.

We are getting creative on how to handle these nuances. None of which are showstoppers but certainly can be annoying.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Probably 2 hrs.. maybe a little less. All depends on how quick the upload goes.. packaging now. You will likely have it for your 7pm party.

2hrs should work. Thanks.

#110 5 years ago

is there a link on prepping the drive on a Mac? Sorry but I always f it up.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

is there a link on prepping the drive on a Mac? Sorry but I always f it up.

Taylor,

go into "Disk Utility" on the mac with your USB stick inserted. Click on the stick on the left.

Click "Erase" and then make sure msdos/fat is selected and erase it (format it)

#112 5 years ago

So WoZ crapped itself? I have a mod I can sell you guys, $25 shipped. I will Autograph the first 5, call them LE's.

diaper.jpg

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

it will be available around 17:30 on the site? (USA time)
So 23:30 France?

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Taylor,

go into "Disk Utility" on the mac with your USB stick inserted. Click on the stick on the left.

Click "Erase" and then make sure msdos/fat is selected and erase it (format it)

MS-DOS(FAT) is how it looks in disk utility right Alex? I'm on a Mac too.

thanks
pappy

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

MS-DOS(FAT) is how it looks in disk utility right Alex? I'm on a Mac too.
thanks
pappy

I believe so... Checking

#116 5 years ago

Yes that's correct Pappy. MS-DOS (FAT) on a mac and FAT32 on windows.

#117 5 years ago

File appears to be up! Full install only, no delta link. Thank you Keith, Ted, Alex, Jack and everyone else... off to download!

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So WoZ crapped itself? I have a mod I can sell you guys, $25 shipped. I will Autograph the first 5, call them LE's.

diaper.jpg 46 KB

Dude! tell me those aren't the ones you were wearing at Ep's house last night!?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Dude! tell me those aren't the ones you were wearing at Ep's house last night!?

Nope, the ones in the picture are empty.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

File appears to be up! Full install only, no delta link. Thank you Keith, Ted, Alex, Jack and everyone else... off to download!

Downloading now!!

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nope, the ones in the picture are empty.

Good point!

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

P.S. I don't drink.

ban vote sent

Post edited by Erik : dammit I'm not a mod yet? what gives, Robin?!?

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

On location games aren't power cycled abusively as they are normally on all day. And you are the only one to ever suggest that someone would vindictively power off and on the machine rapidly multiple times to make this occur.
You are either a little kid who can only think of cynicism or a dumb ass troll who's first posts here are on this topic? I'm leaning towards both.
Get a clue.

Are you freaking serious?? Nothing worse than someone who lashes out and attacks people when they don't know what they are talking about. People maliciously and intentionally disabling on location games is a very real issue. Cut power cords? Jammed slots? Never heard of those or any other operator stories?? Heck, now all you gotta do is reach under the corner and flick the power quickly.. boom.. dead game. Your attack for someone even hinting malicious behavior shows your true lack of understanding of the field - and really does JJP a disservice by your association.

Listen... I really like having the 'inside track' reported about JJP topics from you - but your tact and eagerness to 'fight back' and attack people shows a real lack of business prowess and tact. The truth always wins out.. it doesn't need swords behind it to make it so. But your eagerness to fight leads you into sticking your foot in your mouth time and time again.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

It's an example of smart vs smart ass.
It's also why some companies do not want their employees posting on the Internet.

Seriously... someone should capture it so they can roll it into their training

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

ban vote sent

ban vote sent

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

If the MB has remote pin outs running a remote reset switch and mounting it inside the coin door is an easy mod and WAY easier access.

Quoted from RawleyD:

Man you guys are on it!
You should have both come together and built your own Pinball machine company from the ground up.. I mean it's not 'rocket science' or nothin.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hobbit will likely have a reset button integrated into the inside of the coin door. It's too far along on woz to change it now.

No Rawley , its not rocket science becasue I doubt rocket scientists would bury a rest button in the 1st place.
Imagine a revision / improvement similar to something to being discussed publicly......oh the irony.

#127 5 years ago

One's need to always be right will win you no friends.

#128 5 years ago

I just hope that with Hobbit the system is more robust and less prone to all the failures that seems to be happening with the WOZ's out there. The last thing an operator wants is a game that they are going to have to work on all the time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside