the-iceman.jpg
image.jpg
AngryBaby.jpg
Akuma.png
bullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon.gif
pac-man-game-over.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

WPT really is and it works.

A-f'n-MEN!

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

And who are YOU exactly, and what have YOU done for pinball?

Nobody. And nothing. Just as I thought.

who really f-ing cares its a game. I work in a industry that serves hundreds every day. You know the little dirt bag who cooks for you every time you go out yeah thats me. Not some meaningless job that makes software for spoiled white people.

I have been known to fix spoiled little yuppie Navigators and Escalades for spoiled ritch people who cry about when the game ships and all there other vanity issues. I dont need machines to fill a empty void in my life. This hobby used to have normal good people in it. It still does but the spoiled yuppie crowd has sure soured it.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

who really f-ing cares its a game. I work in a industry that serves hundreds every day. You know the little dirt bag who cooks for you every time you go out yeah thats me. Not some meaningless job that makes software for spoiled white people.
I have been known to fix spoiled little yuppie Navigators and Escalades for spoiled ritch people who cry about when the game ships and all there other vanity issues. I dont need machines to fill a empty void in my life. This hobby used to have normal good people in it. It still does but the spoiled yuppie crowd has sure soured it.
» YouTube video

Used to? How long ago did you get your first pin? How long have you been playing? Just curious, for a reference point on the 'soured' hobby. (Not that I disagree with that assessment. Pinside is like sour milk, and has been for some time now, with no improvement in sight)

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Used to? How long ago did you get your first pin? How long have you been playing?

1st played mid 94 . First owned 95 Space shuttle. First rgp post...late 99 before expo. So um yeah close to 20 years.

Oh yeah first nib sw ep1 2nd was csi eeeesh

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I dont need machines to fill a empty void in my life.

Wow, melt down day eh. And not talking about Tuna melts. So your car hobbies are not machines. We like our toys. It sucks when we get priced out of a hobby but cmon. You don't have to be all aggressive about it.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wow, melt down day eh. And not talking about Tuna melts. So your car hobbies are not machines. We like our toys. It sucks when we get priced out of a hobby but cmon. You don't have to be all aggressive about it.

The difference between car hobbies and say pinball is how many people you see on Bike or Car forms tripping balls lets say about a new part coming out.

I like to give Keith a hard time. He only posts tirades feeling the need to defend himself. Its funny. Keith come one you never post about anything it seems other than "YOUR" facts. I really didnt even read all of this thread rather glanced threw it and just fired away lol.

The hobby in general has gone from people getting together about pinball to LOOK WHAT I HAVE! Or oh man how can I afford this 8k machine I am gonna have to sell one of my other 20 machines to cover it type of shit. It really looks bad and has turned the face of Pinball into a commercial yuppie fest. Used to go hang out with people and it would be all bud light so to speak and jeans now its polo's and WHINE WHINE WHINE and some wine.

I am sure right now Keith is finding all his non tirade posts because he HAS to get FACTS out there lol.

I gotta go finish spraying my rocker panels later fellas.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Used to go hang out with people and it would be all bud light so to speak and jeans now its polo's and WHINE WHINE WHINE and some wine.

Dude, it might be time to take a little break. Maybe play some pins with a few friends and relax. Just a suggestion.

#108 10 years ago

Out of respect for a good friend of mine I have decided to keep my opinions of Stern games to myself. That kind of limits what I can talk about on a pinball forum. But if someone wants to have a conversation with me, then I'll have a conversation with them. I generally use a pretty matter-of-fact tone, though, and I suppose I could see where that might come off as going on a tirade I suppose?

Want to talk about something else? Ask me a question. I'm clearly not that hard to find, but I definitely don't read every thread, either.

Sorry to hear you're souring on the hobby, but

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/039/dman-find.wav

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

who really f-ing cares its a game. I work in a industry that serves hundreds every day.

Who actually really f-ing cares that you work in a industry that serves hundreds every day.
...all we are is just dust in the wind....

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who actually really f-ing cares that you work in a industry that serves hundreds every day.
...all we are is just dust in the wind....

how do those balls taste. Would have thought you tired of them by now! ZING!

Insert random animated print shop gif here!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

1st played mid 94 . First owned 95 Space Shuttle. First rgp post...late 99 before expo. So um yeah close to 20 years.

Wow. You sound old and bitter.

I started playing more than 20 years before you did. On then new games like El Dorado and Bow and Arrow. I started lurking on RGP around '93 or '94. While I don't particularly care for the direction the hobby is currently going, all that is forgotten in milliseconds when I play on location with friends. Just as much fun now as it was back when we were kids playing El Dorado. Maybe you need to get back to basics.

#113 10 years ago

Insert random animated print shop gif here!

bullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon.gifbullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon.gif

#114 10 years ago

If there weren't a bunch of "look what I got" new money in the hobby there would be no more Stern or JJP and we could all go back to playing a bunch of broken down routed Ballys etc.

Yeah, let's do that

And AZ cooking for yuppies spitting in their food. I can see it!

Btw, I love you guys!

#115 10 years ago

Akuma.pngAkuma.png

#116 10 years ago

Funny, jay!...and FAST!

#117 10 years ago

Crap, now I feel like shit after killing a bottle of Caymus while playing IM.

#118 10 years ago

Works for me! dOnt forget Cynical ASS!

#119 10 years ago

Damn this thread got gnarly

I usually just stick to words like Shennanigans & Tomfoolery when referring to Stern & JJP.

Settle down Akuma, you're making it weird

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I could care less about how some prototype plays in Bumf*ck USA

Classy. But then why even jump into the thread? Oh yeah...

Not everyone lives in the bustling metropolis of Boerne, TX..... though its probably a good thing since there wouldn't be enough folks to afford to keep JJP in business...

(The median income in Bumf#$%ck, USA where this latest WoZ was is about double that of Boerne, TX ( aka the jewel of Kendell County) for those keeping score....

Obviously all you care about is getting YOUR beloved WoZ.... we get it. And Im sure you're frustrated by the fact that half the machines in your **collection** .... are somewhat imaginary.... (ie- arent really built yet)....

However, these 2 proto's happen to be in 2 of the bigger pinball arcades on the east coast... again, probably low rent compared to what you're used to in Boerne, Texas, but nice arcades nonetheless...

If you cant see past your own pinball machine and recognize having perpetually broken machines in the wild as being a BAD thing, then you just don't get it.... keep by the phone for your CALL.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What possible "agenda" could Jack have for leaving prototypes in the wild? Enlighten me....

LOL, I didn't say anything about an agenda. Just was commenting on how this thread has derailed into everything but the real point of this thread. However instead of agreeing that it's probably not a good idea or giving the OP a good reason why this has happened. You and others have to go on about people having agendas. That is really all I was commenting on.

Alex, I know you are reading this. Thank you for the explanation, it makes sense that locations would not want to give up their prototype games. I'm just a little surprised that after all these months they are still having problems. I'm sure you guys are doing what you can to get the issues with these games fixed. Your explanation early on would have been fine for me and I probably would have never even commented on this thread to begin with.

Pappy

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Damn this thread got gnarly
I usually just stick to words like Shennanigans & Tomfoolery when referring to Stern & JJP.
Settle down Akuma, you're making it weird

I'm with you there pinballwizard. It's getting a little crazy.

#123 10 years ago

Makes you wonder where the mods are. The only time I actually see a mod post in threads like this is if the OP requests it to be closed. Robin needs to overhaul this site's negative attitude with stricter moderation. I can't remember the last time I saw a mod post trying to get a thread back on track.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Not everyone lives in the bustling metropolis of Boerne, TX..... though its probably a good thing since there wouldn't be enough folks to afford to keep JJP in business...

(The median income in Bumf#$%ck, USA where this latest WoZ was is about double that of Boerne, TX ( aka the jewel of Kendell County) for those keeping score....

Quoted from lowepg:

Obviously all you care about is getting YOUR beloved WoZ.... we get it. And Im sure you're frustrated by the fact that half the machines in your **collection** .... are somewhat imaginary.... (ie- arent really built yet)....

Keeping it "classy"....so for those keeping score Boerne is an extension of San Antonio, the 7th largest city in the country, and part of the my beloved Hill country which you obviously know zip about....

The only frustrated crybaby is you...."wahhhhh, I can't play a Woz, the lights won't turn on".....

And BTW, Pinballz, Austin, Texas, right up the road is a great spot, google it....

"Perpetually broken"....as in perpetuity, forever....exaggerating a bit aren't we...

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

BINGO. This is a big mistake by Jack but yet the same people are defending him no matter what he does. I don't get it, why not admit that leaving unreliable prototypes out in the wild is not a good idea? Talk about agendas.

Pappy

What agendas? LOL Screw it, this whole thread is ridiculous, I'll leave it to the ducks, and go back to the Avalanche of positive comments going on.....

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Boerne is an extension of San Antonio, the 7th largest city in the country,

lol...mmmkay.

Englewood is "an extension of Chicago, the THIRD largest city in the country" but I wouldn't want to go there either... so who cares what real city you might be near?

to each his own, it would normally never even occur to me to comment on where anyone lived until you made the ignorant comment about arcades in Bumf%^ck, USA.

especially when you live in the low-rent sticks of, ahem, "the 7th largest city"... lol...

"Those who live in glass houses..." and all that...

cheers...

and regarding my being bummed about finding 2 broken Woz's in a row:
for the record, I was actually TRYING to find a place to PLAY WoZ.... you know, so I could make an informed opinion about it... Some folks (believe it or not) actually like to See and/or Play pinball machines before buying them....

I didn't realize it was such a abstract issue to you....

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sh!t your sending in the Wolf... That's all you had to say!

One of my favorite characters ever. Some people will think this is insane, but I base a lot of what I do at work on being "the wolf". I fix a lot of screwed up stuff that most of the people I work with will never hear about, and it's generally better if they don't know.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Used to go hang out with people and it would be all bud light so to speak and jeans now its polo's and WHINE WHINE WHINE and some wine.

That's because you aren't hanging out with me.

As a disclaimer, I am very much a shorts/t-shirt party guy, but I don't have any problem with people who want to be "polo wearing wine drinkers". It's as much of a form of self-expression as you proclaiming that you are "just a cook". You already know this, but there will always be people who look down at you because of things like that. Fuck them, find different people to hang out with. There's almost 7 billion people on earth, you have a little room to be picky.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

LOL, I didn't say anything about an agenda. Just was commenting on how this thread has derailed into everything but the real point of this thread. However instead of agreeing that it's probably not a good idea or giving the OP a good reason why this has happened. You and others have to go on about people having agendas. That is really all I was commenting on.
Alex, I know you are reading this. Thank you for the explanation, it makes sense that locations would not want to give up their prototype games. I'm just a little surprised that after all these months they are still having problems. I'm sure you guys are doing what you can to get the issues with these games fixed. Your explanation early on would have been fine for me and I probably would have never even commented on this thread to begin with.
Pappy

I've explained that before here and on the JJP forum. The issue with the proto's is just that. They are protos. They don't use the same parts/boards as the prod games and only a finite run of those parts were ever made. When something failed we identified why and redesigned if necessary. Pc components for example. We realized not long after we started mass game coding that the motherboard/proc combo was underpowered. So we upgraded it significantly. But the chassis holding the mobo also had to be modified as the board was bigger. So a few other items had to be changed and moved including a few harnesses so changing parts in proto's aren't drop in replacements. A lot of them play really well but can't be upgraded as the newer code doesn't run on the old motherboards and when something beta breaks the ops either devise something to keep it running or wait for us to send them some workaround in the meanwhile which is why proto games on location aren't anywhere indicative of what to expect from a prod game.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I've explained that before here and on the JJP forum. The issue with the proto's is just that. They are protos. They don't use the same parts/boards as the prod games and only a finite run of those parts were ever made. When something failed we identified why and redesigned if necessary. Pc components for example. We realized not long after we started mass game coding that the motherboard/proc combo was underpowered. So we upgraded it significantly. But the chassis holding the mobo also had to be modified as the board was bigger. So a few other items had to be changed and moved including a few harnesses so changing parts in proto's aren't drop in replacements. A lot of them play really well but can't be upgraded as the newer code doesn't run on the old motherboards and when something beta breaks the ops either devise something to keep it running or wait for us to send them some workaround in the meanwhile which is why proto games on location aren't anywhere indicative of what to expect from a prod game.

Thanks for the clarification- i don't think Id seen that posted before. I absolutely understand WHY they might be having issues (its pretty understandable), my only point (before it went sideways) was that it would seem prudent to quickly (or more quickly) get these protos that are in arcades working or replaced- else it acts as bad advertising for JJP in general.

So whats to ultimately become of the protos?

Will JJP eventually swap them for all for production machines or will they retrofit them or is it up to the owner?

i know Flippers has a LE on order and picked up the proto to hold them over, but not sure if thats generally the case with these protos in the wild?

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

» YouTube video

You can't fix Escalades, biggest POS ever.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

hat you are "just a cook". You already know this, but there will always be people who look down at you because of things like that.

I came up through the restaurant industry and if no ones noticed being a cook is now very cool. Watch some food network. In my area I take great pride in knowing some great chefs and visit and promote their restaurants.
Cooking is now cooler than banking. Well, it always was : )

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol...mmmkay.
Englewood is "an extension of Chicago, the THIRD largest city in the country" but I wouldn't want to go there either... so who cares what real city you might be near?
to each his own, it would normally never even occur to me to comment on where anyone lived until you made the ignorant comment about arcades in Bumf%^ck, USA.
especially when you live in the low-rent sticks of, ahem, "the 7th largest city"... lol...
"Those who live in glass houses..." and all that...
cheers...
and regarding my being bummed about finding 2 broken Woz's in a row:
for the record, I was actually TRYING to find a place to PLAY WoZ.... you know, so I could make an informed opinion about it... Some folks (believe it or not) actually like to See and/or Play pinball machines before buying them....
I didn't realize it was such a abstract issue to you....

Hey <edited>, my reference to Bumf*ck USA was not to any particular place. I don't care if Woz didn't work in Hollywood I don't live there and don't care. I was born right down the road from you and lived in Chapel Hill and love NC. <edited>. <edited>

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Stop with the personal insults please.

#133 10 years ago

Stay classy Ice!

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I came up through the restaurant industry and if no ones noticed being a cook is now very cool. Watch some food network. In my area I take great pride in knowing some great chefs and visit and promote their restaurants.
Cooking is now cooler than banking. Well, it always was : )

I'm hooked on BBQ Pitmasters!

#134 10 years ago

Hey D*ck, So go F Y. The only low rent is you

clearly....

Dude... chill... go play some WoZ.... er.... something...

Why so Angry?

AngryBaby.jpgAngryBaby.jpg

#135 10 years ago

Hey D*ck, my reference to Bumf*ck USA was not to any particular place. I don't care if Woz didn't work in Hollywood I don't live there and don't care. I was born right down the road from you and lived in Chapel Hill and love NC. So go F Y. The only low rent is you and you have been a Woz trolling smart ass from day one.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

clearly....
Dude... chill... go play some WoZ.... er.... something...
Why so Angry?

Damn dude, how did you even reach the flippers! No wonder you thought Woz was broken

Ok let's chill. Let it go

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Damn dude, how did you even reach the flippers! No wonder you thought Woz was broken
Ok let's chill. Let it go

See how angry you made me.... i got spittle all over my onesie!!!!

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not criticizing the fact that they aren't perfect... Mistakes are inevitable.
My criticism is leaving these older, KNOWN TO HAVE ISSUES, machines out in the wild where the vast majority of non-pinheads (and non-preorderers) are making their first (and second) impressions of this new game and this new company.
It seems like a strategic miss.

There you go. I think one of the main issues here is it seems more have played prototype models then final versions to this point. The troubles that the prototypes have are going to be noticed and mentioned by pinheads. If you cant go to a location and play a well working model it is a raw deal for the maker and the pinhead trying to play it.

Please lets not turn this into a crap slinging contest. The OP simply was pointing out that he was disappointed he did not get a chance to play a nicely working WOZ. There is no need to lash out the insults or go on crazy rants that derail the thread. Please stop with the back and forth jabs.

#139 10 years ago

Here's the real conspiracy....

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Here's the real conspiracy....
» YouTube video

No, the real conspiracy is that The Walrus was John.

#141 10 years ago

Sorry for my DB outburst. It's been known to happen at times

Woz tension for for those that don't have it yet can get a little escalated

#142 10 years ago

You need a pinside time out! Step outside and practice your finger roll

the-iceman.jpgthe-iceman.jpg

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I'm with you there pinballwizard. It's getting a little crazy.

Dude you're Canadian & you have a WOZ preorder...

I've got a reputation to protect, don't be agreeing with me n stuff

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Better yet. He actually HAS a WOZ.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Oh yeah, I forgot, you don't like Canucks. Well my son has a green card, married a girl from California and lives in Idaho. Does that cut me some slack? I do have a WOZ though. And I love it. That probably wipes out the karma points I get for my son.
Hey wait, I lived in the US for 5 years. Do I get any points for that?

#146 10 years ago

I just played some pinball. It was fun. Got 150M on SM. Pretty good for me!

#147 10 years ago

I can't believe these threads... I can't believe swings are getting taken at Keith...

The content at Pinside has slid lower than RGP at it's worst. I can't believe I would have EVER thought that, but it has been done 10 fold.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The content at Pinside has slid lower than RGP at it's worst.

The vulgar language people use on here that can't take a poke is amazing !

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Oh yeah, I forgot, you don't like Canucks. Well my son has a green card, married a girl from California and lives in Idaho. Does that cut me some slack? I do have a WOZ though. And I love it. That probably wipes out the karma points I get for my son.
Hey wait, I lived in the US for 5 years. Do I get any points for that?

Other than that one time you guys set the white house on fire I'd say Canada is actually cool. Trailer Park Boys, legal hookers n weed right?

WOZ is cool too, I'm just not a fan of (insert other non game related stuff).

Wait... Are you a French Canadian?

Because that's a different story

#150 10 years ago

Some good entertainment on this one! I guess its completely off topic now but, I was just down at Jenkinsons boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach yesterday and the arcade I was in had a brand new WOZ that Played perfectly for the hour I was on it. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 16.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-conspiracy/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.