the-iceman.jpg
image.jpg
AngryBaby.jpg
Akuma.png
bullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon.gif
pac-man-game-over.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago

I love all the haters out there because they are just adding additional fuel to the fire for JJP to become a successful pinball manufacturer. I have nothing but good wishes for Keith, Jack and the rest of the crew. It's not easy for a small business to succeed and I really hope they do!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

I love all the haters out there because they are just adding additional fuel to the fire for JJP to become a successful pinball manufacturer. I have nothing but good wishes for Keith, Jack and the rest of the crew. It's not easy for a small business to succeed and I really hope they do!

Apparently Jack disagrees with your love of the haters, what with the cease and desist letters that were allegedly sent out

#53 10 years ago

Benepinball is one guy I'd never buy a NIB Stern from.........

#54 10 years ago

Keefer: How many JJP distributors ONLY distribute JJP, and not Stern? =| Did Bene apply to be a distro for JJP and was turned down for some reason?

I don't see why WoZ should be universally loved, and anyone who doesn't like it gets bashed, even by the JJP team now? I have very middle-of-the-road opinions of it based on what I saw at TPF, admitting that it wasn't even remotely "up to spec" at that point, scoring and hardware issues both, if I'm not mistaken.

If he legitimtely doesn't like the game, are you any LESS biased as the programmer or Pinchroma as a backend coder (Closest approximation of my understanding of what he's contributing lol) for that matter? Am I less biased since I have no intention of ever buying WoZ? I doubt it.

I have no doubt that there is someone out there that loves Baby Pac more than they will love WoZ. I think I may have already met this person several times, in fact.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Apparently Jack disagrees with your love of the haters, what with the cease and desist letters that were allegedly sent out

Jack has a business to run so can't blame him.

Haters keep on hating...its really funny when you step away from pinball for a week or two and look at this from a fresh perspective.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Benepinball is one guy I'd never buy a NIB Stern from...

I bet he loses sleep over that Ice.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Keefer: How many JJP distributors ONLY distribute JJP, and not Stern? =|

A few but not many i would think? I would imagine as a distributer it is in your best interest to carry multiple brands? The distributer list is on the JJP homepage.

#58 10 years ago

Sorry, edited my last post. My point is that I don't think ANYONE is unbiased with regards to WoZ at this point. Certainly not anyone on pinside. Doesn't make an opinion any less valid because they primarily distro for someone else. If they want to make snippy comments about WoZ, that's their perogative, but it's not going to impact the sales of WoZ. I mean what... there's already like a year's worth of production booked?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Haha, I bet he doesn't either but maybe if other people read pinside posts and the idea sinks in with other like minded people maybe several others will share my view!

A few thousand people have purchased Woz, maybe those folks won't buy from a Woz basher/troll......I don't know....

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Jack has a business to run so can't blame him.
Haters keep on hating...its really funny when you step away from pinball for a week or two and look at this from a fresh perspective.

You mean a bunch of predominantly well off people arguing about what toys to glue onto their toys, and which toy is best, isn't your idea of a good time?

Well a good day to you, sir, a good day indeed! Huff.

#61 10 years ago

which toy is best

BabyPac FTW?

pac-man-game-over.jpgpac-man-game-over.jpg

#62 10 years ago

So what exactly is the conspiracy here?

#63 10 years ago

the right side of our WOZ prototype went out, too. the connectors daisy chain from one board to the other for power apparently. I started reseating all the connectors and finally got them all on again.
Prototype - so probably not the way it's done in final builds.

Ours had just a few minor issues, but still paying strong FWIW.
D

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well yeah its awesome, it has a baby pac, best hybrid arc/pin ever made!

LOL. Out of a field of how many ?

I remember playing one of these 2+ decades ago and thought it was a novel, if somewhat unsatisfying experience.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is the perfect example of how used car salesmen need to be identified on pinside so anyone new to the website can more accurately judge the 'opinions' of those they are conversing with. Robin, how is that feature coming along where we can tag users with their affiliations and after so many tags it will automatically show up next to their name? For example Bene "Stern Retailer"

Is that something like a Scarlet Letter?

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

My criticism is leaving these older, KNOWN TO HAVE ISSUES, machines out in the wild where the vast majority of non-pinheads (and non-preorderers) are making their first (and second) impressions of this new game and this new company.

It seems like a strategic miss.

BINGO. This is a big mistake by Jack but yet the same people are defending him no matter what he does. I don't get it, why not admit that leaving unreliable prototypes out in the wild is not a good idea? Talk about agendas.

Pappy

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Add me to the list of non buyers from pennypinballs

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

BINGO. This is a big mistake by Jack but yet the same people are defending him no matter what he does. I don't get it, why not admit that leaving unreliable prototypes out in the wild is not a good idea? Talk about agendas.

Pappy

Because maybe he's more worried about ramping up production and in the order of PRIORTY when he gets to the office every day is to make sure that he gets as many pins out the door as possible to the people that have waited 2 1/2.....I don't know, maybe that's what he is most concerned about right now....

And maybe, he's trying to pump out as many pins as possible to replace those prototypes and early pins with the production models....maybe?.....How many test games in the wild have we heard from the owners stating how happy they are and are awaiting arrival of the production, fyi, a whole lot....

What possible "agenda" could Jack have for leaving prototypes in the wild? Enlighten me....

We "defend" what Jack has done right and bash him for what he does wrong, a WHOLE LOT more of the latter, where have you been?.....

So while others whine and cry about trivial things, as in I could care less about how some prototype plays in Bumf*ck USA or that somebody didn't get to play it because it was down, wahhhhhhhh...uh oh, must be some ridiculous "conspiracy"...

What I do know is there is an "Avalanche" of positive experiences and stuff going on with the pin.............that's right an Avalanche!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I understand infowars.com has surveillance cam footage of Navy SEALs in the vicinity of every WOZ with non-functioning GI.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Sh!t your sending in the Wolf... That's all you had to say!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What I do know is there is an "Avalanche" of positive experiences and stuff going on with the pin.............that's right an Avalanche!

They just don't seem to be coming from the PHOF right now.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wonder why with their broken track record......and I don't care about what's sitting over there at PHOF right now, only that they fix everything by the time I get to Vegas for my football draft in September!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Pappy

No one said it was a good idea but what you don't realize is the ops DONT wan't to give them back. The proto's are earning so well they don't want to return them until they get their prod game.

Dangling a carrot in front of someone only to pull it back also isn't good business practice so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

dgoett who chimed in above has a proto on the floor and it's likely drawing people in. Why would he want to stop that?

#74 10 years ago

OH KEEFERSIDE!

#75 10 years ago

Sorry, Was in the lobby buying popcorn. Did I miss anything?

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

Sorry, Was in the lobby buying popcorn. Did I miss anything?

Nope, Just a bunch of Armchair CEO's

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from iceman44:

I wonder why with their broken track record......and I don't care about what's sitting over there at PHOF right now, only that they fix everything by the time I get to Vegas for my football draft in September!

I may be the exception to the rule, but I think a game's potential greatness can be ascertained despite condition (within reason).

In fact, I have first-hand experience with this at the PHOF:

Played SC for the first time last year; game was insanely out-of-level and nearly all the GI out--despite this, conclusion was I want one someday.

Greatly looking forward to playing WOZLE there and filing a full report.

#78 10 years ago

Well Iceman, I will give you this, you do take on all comers.

I am pissed that no one has filled me in on the conspiracy.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pappy

No one said it was a good idea but what you don't realize is the ops DONT wan't to give them back. The proto's are earning so well they don't want to return them until they get their prod game.

Dangling a carrot in front of someone only to pull it back also isn't good business practice so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Basing this purely on what Lowepg, and other threads have said, but to me it seems that most proto's are working badly. Lowepg said the WoZ was off when he entered the arcade. So how can you earn money if the machine is off?

#80 10 years ago

even off, it likely brings people in.

If I was told there is a MET/ non-proto WOZ on location somewhere within a reasonable driving distance I would be in the car after work and on my way. If I got there and it was broken I would be disappointed but I'd still pay to play some other games.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Keefer: How many JJP distributors ONLY distribute JJP, and not Stern? =| Did Bene apply to be a distro for JJP and was turned down for some reason?

Don't know/care. I don't think it's relevant.

Quoted from Frax:

I don't see why WoZ should be universally loved, and anyone who doesn't like it gets bashed, even by the JJP team now? I have very middle-of-the-road opinions of it based on what I saw at TPF, admitting that it wasn't even remotely "up to spec" at that point, scoring and hardware issues both, if I'm not mistaken.

I have never said it should be universally loved. But, when someone who has a direct financial benefit in attempting to take money out of my pocket in favor of putting it in their own, you bet I'm going to call it out. I guarantee you there are dozens of people who have posted neutral to to bad opinions of WOZ that haven't been bashed by me because at least their opinions can be considered to be legit. Given his posting history and penchant for stirring up crap ESPECIALLY in light of his end goals of making money off of other new games, yes, I think I can safely consider that opinion suspect at best.

But, even that aside, I don't know how anyone can trust the opinion of someone who gives MB a 1, AFM a 2.6, MM a 3, and JY a 10. Note that these are all Williams games, or "neutral territory" if you will.

Quoted from Frax:

If he legitimtely doesn't like the game, are you any LESS biased as the programmer or Pinchroma as a backend coder (Closest approximation of my understanding of what he's contributing lol) for that matter? Am I less biased since I have no intention of ever buying WoZ? I doubt it.

I'm not trying to pass off my opinion on anything without people knowing exactly who I am. My bias is well-known, and even if it isn't, I have gone out of my way to make sure it is known when posting opinions on others' product. I do not consider you to have a bias at the moment regardless of your intentions of buying a WOZ or any other future product from us or anyone else. I do not consider BP's opinions legit.

Quoted from Frax:

I have no doubt that there is someone out there that loves Baby Pac more than they will love WoZ. I think I may have already met this person several times, in fact.

I do not doubt that either, but someone who stands to gain by putting my product down does not have that luxury.

Now, if BP wants to ever provide reasons or rationale behind any of his opinions, I welcome the debate. But he has been nothing but hit and run, and I can only assume that is because he has an agenda.

#82 10 years ago

Is your nose red this summer lol. STFU DONNY! The fact that you are allowed to run rampant just etches in stone your companies downfall!

Wonder what will happen when you go crawling back to Stern for a Job.

You def have a fat head from your 2 games of fame. Back to your master I think he is calling you. People would like there finished product.....this century!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sh!t your sending in the Wolf... That's all you had to say!

I think you missed a "negro" in there somewhere...

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

But, even that aside, I don't know how anyone can trust the opinion of someone who gives MB a 1, AFM a 2.6, MM a 3, and JY a 10. Note that these are all Williams games, or "neutral territory" if you will.

Keith, no worries. Nobody here gives any credence to what he says. Those ratings have been discussed here numerous times. Complete joke. But yeah, I don't mind everyone being reminded of this once in awhile either.

#85 10 years ago

Dang! I was going to head up to Pinball Wizard tonight and was hoping to get some games on it..... Played it before, but had no idea it was a prototype...... How can you guys tell?

#86 10 years ago

Obligatory reminder to play nice, no personal attacks, blah blah.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Is your nose red this summer lol. STFU DONNY! The fact that you are allowed to run rampant just etches in stone your companies downfall!

You def have a fat head from your 2 games of fame. Back to your master I think he is calling you. People would like there finished product.....this century!

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

dgoett who chimed in above has a proto on the floor and it's likely drawing people in. Why would he want to stop that?

Yes agreed. Marvin's was sent back and his customers complained, A LOT. It really is a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation, IMO. The reality at Marvin's is that it earns very well and the customers like it! Really glad the LE is here to stay.

Parker

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Assuming you are talking to me (I have nfi who "Donny" is), don't worry, Stern burned that bridge like 3 years ago. I would sooner not work in pinball than work for Stern again. Just so that's all cleared up.

I don't understand what your beef is, AZ. I know you've tried to get me to shut up by whining to Jack before, though.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty obvious who has the agenda and trying to feed a BS conspiracy here. First you say it is broken.

Then you admit it was just turned off and the operator even kindly put in a bunch of free credits for you to play.

Huh? Did you read the whole post or go directly into knee-jerk-JJP-defend-mode?ou

ALL of the pins lights were OUT. The operator was just trying to be nice and let me see a bit of the game.... Clearly it was not working.... Or are you suggesting no working lights is a new feature?

#91 10 years ago

Hey Lowepg, maybe you could go to FUN in Texas and check out their WOZ .

#92 10 years ago

Keep up the nice work Keith. Ignore some of these guys.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Keep up the nice work Keith. Ignore some of these guys.

Agreed

I should start a poll on who do you have or should have on ignore. Wonder if that post would cause a problem.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I should start a poll on who do you have or should have on ignore

That *may* even be more childish than all this WOZ bickering.

#95 10 years ago

I was thinking of starting a poll on who whines the most, who lies the most, who is wrong the most, who is out of his mind the most, who got drunk on the kool aid the most, who is still drinking kool aid the most, who got sober and back to reality the fastest, who needs glasses, who's brainwashed the most, who thinks they know everything, who can't accept reality the most, who insults the most, and who has the largest ego.

#96 10 years ago

Man I love you guys! Keith, I'll add WPT to the masterpiece list! Keep up the great work and don't let the bastards wear you down, as the saying goes.

Btw, again, who really gives a flying turd whether or not lights are on or not in NC! I don't, and neither does 99.99% of everybody else here. A few more weeks and ill have my own lights on to enjoy good bash material for the conspiracy narrative or whatever concept that is

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I was thinking of starting a poll on who whines the most, who lies the most, who is wrong the most, who is out of his mind the most, who got drunk on the kool aid the most, who is still drinking kool aid the most, who got sober and back to reality the fastest, who needs glasses, who's brainwashed the most, who thinks they know everything, who can't accept reality the most, who insults the most, and who has the largest ego.

Cool, sign me up for that list, thanks

#98 10 years ago

Can we not all agree to let the "WOZ"shippers all be happy (whether we think they're right or not) and just leave them alone until things are up to speed?
I say we give them a break for two reasons:
1) the latest version of the software is really starting to look nice.
2) I haven't seen actual WOZ owners on here ranting about their game not working, or unhappy with JJP for a lack of support.

It seems as though every single WOZ thread has the usual fanboys defending the pin, and typically, non-WOZ owners criticizing it. Nobody's changing anybody else's opinion of WOZ or JJP.

I happen to prefer Stern pins so far but when you have real Stern pin owners complaining about broken toys etc, it's tough to criticize JJP for less-than-perfect pins in the wild. Especially prototypes. Yes, it's bad marketing/publicity for JJP not to replace these machines but what are they going to do: further delay the other customers who have been waiting and want their pin? There simply aren't enough to go around yet. It is happening though. Pins are rolling out!

Someone please wake me up once an honest-to-God WOZ owner has something negative to say about the pin. Until then, be either happy you didn't buy one, or thrilled that you've got yours already/will be getting yours soon.

Best of luck to those awaiting their WOZ machines. Hopefully your wait will be worth it in the end. After this last software update, I'm really looking forward to playing one.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man I love you guys! Keith, I'll add WPT to the masterpiece list!

WPT really is and it works.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

And who are YOU exactly, and what have YOU done for pinball?

Nobody. And nothing. Just as I thought.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-conspiracy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.