the-iceman.jpg
image.jpg
AngryBaby.jpg
Akuma.png
bullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon.gif
pac-man-game-over.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Arg.

Played my first WoZ last week at Flippers- but it crapped out on me.

Today, in NH for business - scheduled am evening at The Pinball Wizard..... And.... WoZ broken- turned off

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Btw- besides the WoZ- this place is pretty awesome!!!!

#3 10 years ago

Well yeah its awesome, it has a baby pac, best hybrid arc/pin ever made!

#4 10 years ago

That game is deff. A prototype.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

"Prototype" is the new "these aren't the droids you're looking for"

#6 10 years ago

Please tell us more about the Baby Pac. Was it working? I remember playing one ~30 years ago.

Chris

#7 10 years ago

Lol. Where is... Homepin

#8 10 years ago

I would take that Baby Pac anyday over a Woz.

#9 10 years ago

I can't wait until a woz shows up near me to play!

#10 10 years ago

I told you the other day in a thread that Sarah's game was old and likely wont be running new software or running at all. That is not a production game. She's had it for a long time and should have her full game soon.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I told you the other day in a thread that Sarah's game was old and likely wont be running new software or running at all. That is not a production game. She's had it for a long time and should have her full game soon.

No, what you said was this

Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's Sarah's machine. She has a proto. She won't have 1.14 but probably 1.12

I did not take the fact that she was 0.02 behind on software to mean "machine probably broken"

Very disappointing to find 2 in the wild and both malfunctioning/down.

My $0.02:
This is HORRIBLE marketing on JJPs part: 2 prominent pinball locations, with WOZ's displayed as centerpiece machines- both broken.

I get that they are prototypes, etc, etc, etc. But I don't understand why Jack wouldn't want these machines at least working.... If not swapped immediately with production models. Yes, yes, preorder people are waiting- but they've been waiting for YEARS. Diverting 1 week of production to correct prominent machines in the field seems like a no-brainer.

The perception this gives is that, "Woz is a nice game for a collectors basements where it's going to be babied, but it doesn't really hold up in the wild/ on route." I'm assuming that's NOT his intent...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Please tell us more about the Baby Pac. Was it working? I remember playing one ~30 years ago.
Chris

Yup...and the 30+ yr old Superman pin played great too....

They had some great wide body pins there!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

They had some great wide body pins there!

More new wide body pins please.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Still broken~

#16 10 years ago

Btw- after I had asked the kid behind the counter about the WOZ, Sarah came and found me playing another game and offerred to turn it on for me to play it. She put a bunch of free credits on and let me play as much as I wanted. ALL the PF lighting was out, so it was hard to stay interested....

Kudos to Sarah for running a great joint! Definitely was worth the trip!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Very disappointing to find 2 in the wild and both malfunctioning/down.

My $0.02:
This is HORRIBLE marketing on JJPs part: 2 prominent pinball locations, with WOZ's displayed as centerpiece machines- both broken.

I get that they are prototypes, etc, etc, etc. But I don't understand why Jack wouldn't want these machines at least working.... If not swapped immediately with production models. Yes, yes, preorder people are waiting- but they've been waiting for YEARS. Diverting 1 week of production to correct prominent machines in the field seems like a no-brainer.

Well, I know you are looking for a non-proto WOZ to play, so if you are going to be in Vegas anytime soon you can play the one there since it isn't a proto. I'm going to be there in four weeks and look forward to playing it myself.

Oh, wait...

#18 10 years ago

If this is a conspiracy, Alex Jones or Mark Dice would be talking about the Illuminati being responsible for WOZ's delay.

#19 10 years ago

Played it at NW pinball show..........didn't keep my interest long.

#20 10 years ago

It's important to note that the issue could of simply been a ball being stuck at an area in the machine / VUK. Many of these issues have been solved in recent code updates and it's possible that the games you saw were running old code. Home users with production games and updated code have nothing but praise for the game.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm being facetious because I know I'm not) but aren't you the same person that asked multiple times for a free woz to put in your arcade? And when that didn't happen you now make it a point to say disparaging things about the game and JJP. If it were in your arcade drawing crowds I bet that tune would be different.

PS, I spoke to him on the phone (and have pm's) as he asked to see if I could push his request through to get his arcade a woz as he has "the highest quality games at any arcade anywhere"

For something that didn't hold your interest you had a real high interest level at its earning potential.

I hate agendas.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well yeah its awesome, it has a baby pac, best hybrid arc/pin ever made!

Baby pac seems like a really cool little game for a hybrid. I just wish I could find one that wasn't trashed. I've played three different ones on location now and they've all been beat to death.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Baby pac seems like a really cool little game for a hybrid. I just wish I could find one that wasn't trashed. I've played three different ones on location now and they've all been beat to death.

Babypac is cooler to look at then actually play. The idea is great, but overall it's a fail, lackluster pacman ruins it for me...

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

But I don't understand why Jack wouldn't want these machines at least working.... If not swapped immediately with production models.

Yep, why the eff would JJP want these out there? It's crazy as they are problematic. If I were Jack I would pull ALL of those immediately! The OPs that have them must have some personal pull with Jack is all I can figure.

#25 10 years ago

Wow, its hard to believe that the first games produced by a new company with all new electronics had some problems. Go figure! Why can't they get it right the first time?

Would it not of been better to make prototypes like Stern does and send them out for testing?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The idea is great, but overall it's a fail, lackluster pacman ruins it for me...

I respectfully disagree, the ghosts are so freaking tough on it, its SOOOOO frustrating and challenging, I rather enjoy mine.

The small pinball playfield is awesome when you can constantly loop the tunnel and fruit spinner lanes.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

aren't you the same person that asked multiple times for a free woz to put in your arcade?

Wow. If true, that's low. Let me guess - he touted his arcade as a great marketing opportunity for the game.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I respectfully disagree, the ghosts are so freaking tough on it, its SOOOOO frustrating and challenging, I rather enjoy mine.
The small pinball playfield is awesome when you can constantly loop the tunnel and fruit spinner lanes.

Don't get me wrong, I do kinda like it, but it could have been soooo much better

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I just wish I could find one that wasn't trashed. I've played three different ones on location now and they've all been beat to death.

Yes, they are somewhat rare to find in good working order, I actually have a spare pf Ive completely slacked on trying to restore, mines not a stunning looker but plays well.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Wow, its hard to believe that the first games produced by a new company with all new electronics had some problems. Go figure! Why can't they get it right the first time?

Would it not of been better to make prototypes like Stern does and send them out for testing?

It's just an evolution..... and the evolution of what could be a really great pin, we all know what's coming, Jack said they are at 5-7 pins a day now and should be at 10 shortly....

Apparently, the pins being delivered now are sliding out of the box with zero issues and that is from all the hard work and learning curve results from the "final test" stage and everything that goes into that process.....

#31 10 years ago

Baby Pacman gets old real quick, in a small collection. It is a fun game though.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Baby Pacman gets old real quick

So you completed it?

edit- Bang for Buck wise, this is a quite inexpensive toy to own.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Wow. If true, that's low. Let me guess - he touted his arcade as a great marketing opportunity for the game.

Correct. He said he has the highest quality games on location (which may be true) and woz would be great there. I haven't said a word as he bashed woz and JJP since not getting a proto for his arcade. And I just can't watch the BS any longer. There were a finite number of protos in various stages of development. Not enough to go around. They are all being pulled back shortly anyway.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Thanks for the opinion, unbiased distributor of Stern games.

#35 10 years ago

Worth mentioning that Stryker's is a Stern distributor as well.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Worth mentioning that Stryker's is a Stern distributor as well.

His ratings seem a little more balanced than the other dude anyway.

http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/benepinballs/ratings
(not safe for any confidence you have in the top 100)

#37 10 years ago

As soon as you have a financial motive to praise Product A and put down Product B (and it doesn't matter how honest or unbiased you think you are), you are no longer a regular Joe free to express your opinion like everyone else. You are a businessman with responsibilities, and must endeavor to behave with integrity and business professionalism.

For example, you should expect all praise of Product A to be taken with strong skepticism, since you will now sound like a shill no matter how valid your point. In addition, all public criticism of Product B should immediately end (or at minimum have appropriate disclosures added so there is no confusion), because as soon as it comes out that you make money on competing Product A, you look like a total douche for having criticised Product B while pretending to have no bias.

Stern's (and perhaps JJP's, I'm not sure) business model of having individuals and unrelated small business owners become distributors makes this a particularly tricky situation, because you never know who in the community actually has a financial motive for saying what they do. And yes, I do believe there is a difference between the emotionally-charged opinion of a "fanboy", and the financially-biased opinion of a "Stern distributor" or "JJP distributor".

I'm starting to think Pinside needs a mandatory "relationship" disclosure for accounts, so if you're directly financially tied to one or more pinball-related companies, it's out in the open and readers can apply the appropriate "value" to posts on certain subjects.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I'm not criticizing the fact that they aren't perfect... Mistakes are inevitable.

My criticism is leaving these older, KNOWN TO HAVE ISSUES, machines out in the wild where the vast majority of non-pinheads (and non-preorderers) are making their first (and second) impressions of this new game and this new company.

It seems like a strategic miss.

#39 10 years ago

Pretty obvious who has the agenda and trying to feed a BS conspiracy here. First you say it is broken.

Quoted from lowepg:

Arg.
Today, in NH for business - scheduled am evening at The Pinball Wizard..... And.... WoZ broken- turned off

Then you admit it was just turned off and the operator even kindly put in a bunch of free credits for you to play.

Quoted from lowepg:

Btw- after I had asked the kid behind the counter about the WOZ, Sarah came and found me playing another game and offerred to turn it on for me to play it. She put a bunch of free credits on and let me play as much as I wanted. ALL the PF lighting was out, so it was hard to stay interested....

Then look who else shows up to your BS agenda.conspiracy thread

Bene > Stern 'retailer', pinside ratings biased extrodinaire

Quoted from Benepinballs:

and
Syrker > Stern 'retailer' pissed that he could not get a free WOZ so now he bashes it all the time

Quoted from StrykersArcade:

This is the perfect example of how used car salesmen need to be identified on pinside so anyone new to the website can more accurately judge the 'opinions' of those they are conversing with. Robin, how is that feature coming along where we can tag users with their affiliations and after so many tags it will automatically show up next to their name? For example Bene "Stern Retailer"

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Babypac is cooler to look at then actually play. The idea is great, but overall it's a fail, lackluster pacman ruins it for me...

We have one at Yestercades in Red Bank, NJ. It's
a pretty popular title among the customers.

Interesting note that I've never seen elsewhere - the
video hardware is the exact same hardware used in a
Colecovision and/or TI 99/4a computer.

JD

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I read this post as thick with sarcasm.
Am I right, Doug? I think some posters missed your point.

P.S. Love the avatar ... One of my favorites.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I'm starting to think Pinside needs a mandatory "relationship" disclosure for accounts, so if you're directly financially tied to one or more pinball-related companies, it's out in the open and readers can apply the appropriate "value" to posts on certain subjects.

Not a bad idea. Not sure how it would be implemented. I visit pinside every day, and I have no idea who these distributors are, so I don't know who has a vested interest in what they are saying.

I will add though, that many of these issues will clear up once more WOZ's are out there. The problem now is there are so few out there. So the opinion of a few carry a lot more weight than normal. In 6 months time the verdict on WOZ will be fair.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not criticizing the fact that they aren't perfect... Mistakes are inevitable.

My criticism is leaving these older, KNOWN TO HAVE ISSUES, machines out in the wild where the vast majority of non-pinheads (and non-preorderers) are making their first (and second) impressions of this new game and this new company.

It seems like a strategic miss

I do agree with that.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is the perfect example of how used car salesmen need to be identified on pinside so anyone new to the website can more accurately judge the 'opinions' of those they are conversing with. Robin, how is that feature coming along where we can tag users with their affiliations and after so many tags it will automatically show up next to their name? For example Bene "Stern Retailer"

Good idea!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I read this post as thick with sarcasm.
Am I right, Doug? I think some posters missed your point.

P.S. Love the Avatar ... One of my favorites.

Very sarcastic. Look up the name Doug Piranha

Not many people know Conrad Pooh, ty

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Lloyd voluntarily did it as he has nothing to hide. Kudos to him!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Very sarcastic. Look up the name Doug Piranha
Not many people know Conrad Pooh, ty
» YouTube video

I remember that skit well. I grew up on Python ... but my wife does not appreciate the sense of humor that I developed from those days.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty obvious who has the agenda and trying to feed a BS conspiracy here. First you say it is broken. Then you admit it was just turned off and the operator even kindly put in a bunch of free credits for you to play.

Rest of your point is valid but he also said the playfield lights didn't work. That is broken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-conspiracy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.