Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2121_(533x800)_(533x800).jpg
IMG_1288_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1238_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1247_(800x533).jpg
#1 11 years ago

Please castrate me if there are a ton of posts about this, but can't I be lazy at 1230 am? I was just wondering the differences between the LE and the regular WOZ. To me the regular looks better than that powder coated green crap. Could someone be so kind as to give me a quick run down?

#2 11 years ago

Btw, from my quick reading it appears to all be the powder coating, shaker motor, and glass. If this is correct what are the price differences and why are people paying it?

#3 11 years ago

The le has all the autographs although being new to pins I didn't recognize many of the names. Maybe theres a Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth in there somewhere . I think the silver standard now is 7k plus 500 for glass and shaker. Some of the le positions sold recently haven't gone for too much more than this. The le will ship first of course and so there will be a decent wait for the STD version

I maybe prefer the silver "Tin Man" edition as well.

#4 11 years ago

The first 1000 of the Tin Man STD edition will be numbered, I guess making this sort of an le.

Maybe WOZTMLE

#5 11 years ago

Shaker, inviso glass, powder coating , topper.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Btw, from my quick reading it appears to all be the powder coating, shaker motor, and glass. If this is correct what are the price differences and why are people paying it?

One of the big selling points originally was the "interactive topper," which was hinted to be a mechanical topper in the vein of Whirlwind, Fish Tales, etc. It has seemingly been quietly nixed. It weighed somewhat heavily into my decision to order an LE, seeing as it initially sounded promising and was the only LE feature that could not easily be purchased to put on a Standard.

Many of the LEs sold at the earlybird price of $6500, which was good until July 1 2011. As for why anyone would pay ~$500 more for one now, I guess it would just be to get the powder coating, expensive glass ($300) and shaker motor.

#7 11 years ago

I'm getting a standard and it will come with a shaker and Invisiglass.it was also ordered before all LEs were sold so it should be made during the run of LEs.

#8 11 years ago

First off its just called the standard edition, not tin man (copyrights!)
the only diffrence is the ECLEWOZ has a shaker,invisiglass,autographed apron,topper, emerald city green trim, and numbered 1-1000 of course.
Standard edition first 1000 are numbered as well
Yes you can add shaker motor and invisiglass for 500 as well
Pincades
Chicagoland JJP Distributor.
JT

#9 11 years ago

Oh and they will be running standards along with the le's
FYI
JT

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Please castrate me if there are a ton of posts about this, but can't I be lazy at 1230 am? I was just wondering the differences between the LE and the regular WOZ. To me the regular looks better than that powder coated green crap. Could someone be so kind as to give me a quick run down?

If you haven't seen the game in person, the "green crap" looks awesome, and really sets the game apart.

I still remain hopeful that Jack is going to give those of us who bought the LE's additional surprises yet to be revealed.

#12 11 years ago

Will the standard version have a wooden apron?

#13 11 years ago

Yes, at least the first 1000 standards will also have a wooden apron. Although, it's a different version.

For the LE, Jack has also mentioned a more "deluxe" goodie bag, an LE-only discount off replacement parts prices, and he seems to be indicating that the LE numbered plaque will be something interesting.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

For the LE, Jack has also mentioned a more "deluxe" goodie bag, an LE-only discount off replacement parts prices, and he seems to be indicating that the LE numbered plaque will be something interesting.

I wonder if Jack plans on putting our names on the plaque.

#15 11 years ago

Did we really need another "the game is late" comment

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Did we really need another "the game is late" comment

No we didn't. Sorry for that. I am actually excited to see it too. I wish I didn't post that.

I'm surprised to see the differences between the standard and the LE. Thought there would be more.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

One of the big selling points originally was the "interactive topper," which was hinted to be a mechanical topper in the vein of Whirlwind, Fish Tales, etc. It has seemingly been quietly nixed. It weighed somewhat heavily into my decision to order an LE

+1 Was the MAIN reason I went LE as all other stuff seems cosmetic only. When I saw the topper I was REALLY bummed and hoped for a while it was just a proto mock-up temp thing till the "real" topper was revealed, but hope has died on that one.

Quoted from dgpinball:

I still remain hopeful that Jack is going to give those of us who bought the LE's additional surprises yet to be revealed.

Would be nice, maybe a sorry bout the wait and the lame topper kinda bonus.

#18 11 years ago

Mirrored back glass only on the le I think.

#19 11 years ago

anything will look better then that green on the le

#20 11 years ago

I like the green.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That's a pretty funny statement from someone who owns a green hulk LE and chimes in on every woz post without a horse in the race.

Seems trite, and unimaginative.

I think I know what the "d" in musketd stands for.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's a pretty funny statement from someone who owns a green hulk LE and chimes in on every woz post without a horse in the race.

Seems trite, and unimaginative.

I think I know what the "d" in musketd stands for.

Lol!! You can't control yourself. You had a great point to why would a Hulk owner be saying Green did not work on OZ. Very fair point and then you go and end with the personal attack. I felt like we came so far….

#23 11 years ago

I am a fan of Hulk LE but the green could be way better, in a natural looking vision test 8 out 10 people preferred the look of WOZ green over Hulk green. THe WOZ green looks meaner, Hulk sort of looks like left over Shrek color.

I know the glare was so bad on Hulk I had to add Invisiglass to enjoy the play better, many have seen the difference in person. I showed BR the Hulk last night. If you have this pin you need better glass.

IMG_1247_(800x533).jpgIMG_1247_(800x533).jpg IMG_1238_(800x533).jpgIMG_1238_(800x533).jpg

#24 11 years ago

The above picture has the Stern made in USA logo and was before the change of glass to Invisiglass

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol!! You can't control yourself. You had a great point to why would a Hulk owner be saying Green did not work on OZ. Very fair point and then you go and end with the personal attack. I felt like we came so far….

Lol. I'm trying my best. HAHAHHAHA

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm getting a standard and it will come with a shaker and Invisiglass.it was also ordered before all LEs were sold so it should be made during the run of LEs.

Quoted from Jamaster10:

Oh and they will be running standards along with the le'sFYIJT

I thought the LE's were being manufactured first. At least no standard models would be shipped until all the LE's were delivered.

#27 11 years ago

Here is another picture for comparision. Its not just the "green" dmd but the light from the Avengers that reflects so bad on the standard glass on Hulk LE

Just for fun here the green color mode for the WOZ lighting effect.

Buddy

IMG_1288_(800x533).jpgIMG_1288_(800x533).jpg IMG_2121_(533x800)_(533x800).jpgIMG_2121_(533x800)_(533x800).jpg

#28 11 years ago

It is nice to see that there aren't rules differences and entire playfield components missing from the standard edition.......... That is what gets me about the Stern stuff.

#29 11 years ago

Dang thats the prettiest machine ever made!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

I thought the LE's were being manufactured first. At least no standard models would be shipped until all the LE's were delivered.

The games will be delivered in the general order that they were ordered by customers. Some of the LEs were sold after some of the earliest Standard versions were sold.
Also, location may play a part in when a particular game is shipped. It is advantageous to ship some games in groups because of proximity.

#31 11 years ago

#32 11 years ago

Distributor and of you want a WOZ the best guy you could probably buy it from.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It is nice to see that there aren't rules differences and entire playfield components missing from the standard edition.......... That is what gets me about the Stern stuff.

Yes because JJP doesn't offer a ~$4400 option. If the $4400 stern version "gets you" then you can stick to the premium, which is the stern equivalent to the JJP standard.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Mirrored back glass only on the le I think.

Regs have mirrored BG also.

Quoted from Pindufus:I thought the LE's were being manufactured first. At least no standard models would be shipped until all the LE's were delivered.

Nope.

#35 11 years ago

i think Jack is delivering every LE personally....just a rumor maybe...

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Regs have mirrored BG also.

Nope.

Are you sure?

#37 11 years ago

Yep

Quoted from bobbyconover:

One of the big selling points originally was the "interactive topper," which was hinted to be a mechanical topper in the vein of Whirlwind, Fish Tales, etc. It has seemingly been quietly nixed. It weighed somewhat heavily into my decision to order an LE, seeing as it initially sounded promising and was the only LE feature that could not easily be purchased to put on a Standard.
Many of the LEs sold at the earlybird price of $6500, which was good until July 1 2011. As for why anyone would pay ~$500 more for one now, I guess it would just be to get the powder coating, expensive glass ($300) and shaker motor.

I asked what "interactive" meant a Looooooong time ago and there was discussion by customers about what that meant but Jack has never answered that I heard. It was not a major point for me, but I wondering what it meant. Interact could be as simple as lights flashing or changing color with modes. Some suspect Jack has a surprise for us with the topper. Hopefully we will know within a month.

Here is a link to the thread I started over a year ago.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-interactive-emerald-city-topper

#38 11 years ago

to each his own; I just dont understand all the love for woz; yeah it is built like a tank; and has a lot of features, but it just doesn't come together well and think it could have been so much more. But ohh well; see what hobit looks like. Hulk is the coolest looking game ever in my opinion and just is a killer game

#39 11 years ago

Jack confirmed a while ago that both the Regular version and LE would now both have the mirrored backglass.
One thing strongly hinted at by Jack is that the LE's would come with lots of little extras (such as possibly the green mirrored pinballs.) But the only announced differences as of now are the powder coating, shaker, and invisiglass, and LE certificate (different from the certificate for the first 1000 non-LE's.) I seem to recall Jack also stating in the past that he would sign the playfield (under the apron) of each LE. I also strongly suspect that the LE's will in fact come with a different topper .. Jack has hinted at that as well. But I guess we'll see when the first LE finally gets delivered.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I played my first Avengers at our pinball league the other night, a Hulk LE. Not to go all cargument here, but would you take Hulk's color on a car or WOZLE's? Personally, I really like the way the green metallic looks on WOZ.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes because JJP doesn't offer a ~$4400 option. If the $4400 stern version "gets you" then you can stick to the premium, which is the stern equivalent to the JJP standard.

Fair enough.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

You selling your Hulk LE already ?

LTG : )

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Stern doesn't do a Premium version of all their games though. If I'm not mistaken they have only made a Premium version of one game (ACDC) so far. They hinted at the possibility of an Avengers Premium, but that appears to be dead by the looks of it.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

to each his own; I just dont understand all the love for woz; yeah it is built like a tank; and has a lot of features, but it just doesn't come together well and think it could have been so much more. But ohh well; see what hobit looks like. Hulk is the coolest looking game ever in my opinion and just is a killer game

"The cooling looking game ever"? Now there's a credibility killer. Yowzers. Must be the pump before the dump.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

"The cooling looking game ever"? Now there's a credibility killer. Yowzers. Must be the pump before the dump.

Painful memories of my stock broker recommending Enron, that didnt turn out too good for me.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

LOL another "best ever" opinion from derek! which means he'll be selling it in 3-4 weeks.

#47 11 years ago

Jack said he was going to be building the standard versions right along with the LE versions so that he could get them "out in the wild" to operators so they could be seen by the public.

#48 11 years ago

So Musketd is Derek, well that explains a lot!! Lets start the poll on when The Hulk is listed for sale!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

So Musketd is Derek,

It also explains what the "D" stands for. Not as funny as pinchroma implied, though.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

So Musketd is Derek, well that explains a lot!! Lets start the poll on when The Hulk is listed for sale!

exactly! Pinside is like the witness protection plan from RGP. Gary? Frank?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-confirmation-of-differences-between-le-and-regular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.