• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ_full.png
35.jpg
#1 12 years ago

There is going to be tons to do in this game!

Greetings Pinball Fans:

Today as June ends, Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. has released the right "Good Side" of the playfield for the Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine.

Some of the detail is listed below but this side has two magnets, two flippers, the upper Munchkinland playfield with Dorothy's Spinning House and a Throne Room where different awards are collected.

-Shooter lane plunger will have multiple opening shots available and selectable to the player to collect awards

-The right outlane is a game in itself attempting to rollover all T-O-T-O rollovers to collect award value
-Shoot into the WOZ Throne Room to collect awards and start modes

-Shoot right to left loop shot to get to Flying Monkey lock, top lanes, and around to Haunted Forest Tree Bumpers

-Shoot Top O-Z Lanes to collect award values

-Shoot R-A-I-N-B-O-W targets to collect awards and start modes

-Shoot Emerald City ramp to lock balls, enter Munchkinland, and collect awards

-Shoot multiple loop shots in Munchkinland to spin House with the goal to land the House on the WWE, plus award values

-Shoot lit rollover buttons Lion, Tinman, and Scarecrow to pick up these characters along the Yellow Brick Road to start modes and award values

There is a lot more detail than meets the eye on this drawing but that will come too. Next week we will have a report from our Jersey Jack Pinball Midwest Campus where whitewood games are being assembled.

Until then, Have a very safe and Happy July 4th Weekend and celebrate the Freedom we have in the good old USA - Home of Pinball !

35.jpg35.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Looks pretty cool so far! Where can you preorder them? Any price yet?

#3 12 years ago

thanks for posting. looks like it will be a fun game. Now I need to talk a neighbor into purchasing one so I can play for free

#5 12 years ago

Man thats alot of money to spend on a pin I cant see yet!

#6 12 years ago

Here it is stitched back together (roughly)...

WOZ_full.pngWOZ_full.png

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Man thats alot of money to spend on a pin I cant see yet!

It's definitely a bit of a leap of faith, but it is looking like my faith will be rewarded.

#8 12 years ago

Looks cool, hopefully I'll get a chance to play one!!!

#9 12 years ago

I must be missing something obvious or the drawing isn't illustrating something all that well—the only targets I can find for the upper right flipper (on the main pf) are the witch and the pops, and shooting the ball into the pops on purpose from there seems like a terrible idea. It's interesting that lifting it up will allow you to put the ball back into the shooter lane but other then that, I see almost no point for it.

#10 12 years ago

Is it me or does that look like a PF right out of Steve Richie's design book. Just wondering if anyone else felt that way?

#11 12 years ago

Good point Jay. Unless you can also hit that Winkie Guard lane from there or the ramp (unlikely). Maybe sweep the RAINBOW targets. Still I look forward to seeing it for real.

#12 12 years ago

Wow, never thought I'd type the term "Winkie Guard". lol

#14 12 years ago

reminds me a lot of TSPP - that looks pretty sweet doing the loops in the house area - fun fun!

#15 12 years ago

Other thought... throne room is going to be a difficult shot from that left flipper and impossible from the right without some "trickery." I wonder how they plan to keep the ball from bouncing out of that. Seems positioned similarly to I&S in TSPP which is pretty much impossible to shoot directly without soft flipping or aiming to bounce the ball off the nuclear value stand up target.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I must be missing something obvious or the drawing isn't illustrating something all that well—the only targets I can find for the upper right flipper (on the main pf) are the witch and the pops, and shooting the ball into the pops on purpose from there seems like a terrible idea.

looks to me like you can shoot the ramp if your quick as well as the winkie guard.

Looks like a great game!!

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Looks to me like you can shoot the ramp if your quick as well as the winkie guard ...

Winkie guard, possibly. Ramp, I don't think so. The RAINBOW targets are in the way.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Ramp, I don't think so. The RAINBOW targets are in the way.

Well,I would like to try!!

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Is it me or does that look like a PF right out of Steve Richie's design book. Just wondering if anyone else felt that way?

Close. His brother Mark is well known for the criss-cross ramps. Looks like a nice design. I'd like to play one someday.

#20 12 years ago

You might be right gweem.

#21 12 years ago

Gweem hasnt learned a curve ball yet scooter. lol

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Gweem hasnt learned a curve ball yet scooter. lol

I'm gonna have to add that one to my arsenal.

#23 12 years ago

I hear that's one of the techniques being covered in Pinball 102.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Reminds me of Twilight Zone a little bit ...

Yep. The shot from the right flipper through the pops is classic Lawlor.

#25 12 years ago

Remember that this is the first whitewood, and there will probably be revisions to the layout based on how the shots play. The main field upper-right flipper does look like it lacks a major shot to me as well. I feel it needs another ramp/loop or perhaps a scoop shot like the Camera on TZ with an underplayfield ramp to the Throne Room. I like the nod to Spiderman with the "Spidey-Sense" shot. The Throne Room shot is further left due to the shooter lane than the comparable TSPP shot, which should make it easier to hit dependent upon what kind of a hole it is (full scoop or an eject). Think of the left scoop on Tommy, just on the opposite side.

Other ramblings...The ramp is going to be very steep considering that it has to travel over the Munchkinland mini playfield. I count 28 standup targets (1 more than Target Pool!) plus the 1 drop target...WOW

#26 12 years ago

Well since this is now out there here are the pics from a few months ago I shared with some members. Enjoy (Thanks for keeping them to yourselves until now) Enjoy and buy up his machines !

// Error: Image 5426 not found // // Error: Image 5427 not found // // Error: Image 5428 not found // // Error: Image 5429 not found //

#27 12 years ago

My count so far:

Standups: 29
6 KANSAS
4 FATE
2 in pops
6 RES-CUE
3 Witch
1 Ruby Target
7 RAINBOW

Rollovers: 7
4 TOTO
1 Lion
1 Tin Man
1 Scarecrow

Magnets: 2
1 Flying Monkey (top)
1 Right Flipper

Kickers: 3
2 Standard
1 below W-O-Z Lanes

Pop Bumpers: 4
3 Haunted Forest
1 State Fair Omaha Balloon

Ramps: 1.5
1 Emerald City
0.5 Witch's Castle

VUK/Scoops: 4
1 Crystal Ball VUK
1 Witch's Castle Scoop
1 Winkie Guard VUK
1 Throne Room Scoop

Gates/Diverters/Up-Posts: 5
2 Outer Loop Gates
1 Flying Monkey Ball Lock Gate
1 Emerald City Ramp Ball Lock Post
1 Ramp Diverter

Spinners: 1
1 Crystal Ball

Drop Targets: 1
1 Winkie Guard

Flippers: 5
2 Standard
1 Upper Right
1 Witch's Castle
1 Munchkinland

Toys (excluding 2 upper playfields): 3
1 Revealing/Melting Witch
1 Flying Monkey
1 Spinning House

Plus all the standard lane switches... this is going to be one busy switch matrix! Did I miss anything?

Odd things:
* Hole below RES standups
* Switch on tiny rubber to right of Haunted Forest (unless Lion won't be an actual rollover)
* Switch on rubber below Throne Room scoop

#28 12 years ago

Hmm looks like 4 flippers, the two lower, one below the house and another on a mini playfield??

Anyway I agree many similarities with TZ, which is no bad thing so it will be interesting to see how wide the game is.
The TZ playfield isn't well used on the left from a play field point of view. By that I mean there is loads going on but no one tends to shoot the ball into the bumpers on purpose. This looks like the left-hand may be better integrated into game play as there is a ramp in the upper left.

Looks good so far. Are we going to be spoiled in 2012?

#29 12 years ago

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see the playfield art...!

#30 12 years ago

I predict 5 flippers

#31 12 years ago

Can you also guess yesterday's lotto numbers?

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Reminds me of Twilight Zone a little bit

Looks alot like TZ which is a good thing.

#33 12 years ago

Wow! Look ma! A real pinball machine. I haven't seen one of them in 13 years.

So is Stern going to follow JJ's lead or are they going to continue putting movie art on the same old pin. Oh, wait I'm sorry they added a 3rd flipper in Tron...What a great unique idea.

They better keep up or they will be left behind....that is what pinball is all about since the beginning.
Stern my go obsolete if they don't wake up. I kinda feel bad for them as they had the whole market, what little market there was left, and now they have to compete...bad for them, good for us.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Wow! Look ma! A real pinball machine. I haven't seen one of them in 13 years.

So is Stern going to follow JJ's lead or are they going to continue putting movie art on the same old pin. Oh, wait I'm sorry they added a 3rd flipper in Tron...What a great unique idea.

They better keep up or they will be left behind....that is what pinball is all about since the beginning.
Stern my go obsolete if they don't wake up. I kinda feel bad for them as they had the whole market, what little market there was left, and now they have to compete...bad for them, good for us.

My guess is Stern is gonna start speeding things up a little Transformers is already in
the works

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from emo:

Are we going to be spoiled in 2012?

Yes- yes we are!
And again in 2013- then in 2014....
Opening your first NIB is a major milestone in a Pinheads adult life. Opening a first game NIB from a brand spanking new company doesn't come around too often... Those who did "take the plunge" on WOZ- AND it will be your first NIB in your lifetime, I salute you! Especially BD... Enjoy it buddy! (Thanks for everything!)

I have a feeling (once the WOZ hype machine settles...) that we will be saying-

Once you go Jack...

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yes- yes we are!
And again in 2013- then in 2014....
Opening your first NIB is a major milestone in a Pinheads adult life. Opening a first game NIB from a brand spanking new company doesn't come around too often... Those who did "take the plunge" on WOZ- AND it will be your first NIB in your lifetime, I salute you! Especially BD... Enjoy it buddy! (Thanks for everything!)

I have a feeling (once the WOZ hype machine settles...) that we will be saying-

Once you go Jack...

I have a feeling we may not see the 2nd JJP until 2014 since he said he will not begin building a new pin until the demand for WoZ is gone. I'm expecting to take delivery of WoZ in early 2013.....Not sure they can get them built before then. We are already into July & I'm not sure they even have a whitewood yet. Thats ok though just gives me more time to save up for their 2nd pin....(=

#37 12 years ago

JJ has already said the Whitewood is being made now. I bet we will see this on time (Holiday 2011) or at least in very early 2012.

#38 12 years ago

this would look pretty good under the christmas tree but i imagine early 2012. i am really curious how the lcd will be implemented into the game, along with the wifi.

#39 12 years ago

This is good to hear it will be available to order until 2013. Gives me time to save for 2012.

#40 12 years ago

Im all in... Resistance is futile.

#41 12 years ago

Don't worry about 2012. The world is ending remember?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 5.00
$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-complete-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.