Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by Butch2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200401_173326 (resized).jpg
20200401_172935 (resized).jpg

#1 61 days ago

Just picked up a wizard of oz in a trade. Early limited edition I believe. Low play home use only from everything I could tell.

In the LED test all the whites and blues work, but in green there are 6 spots that light up red and in red the same six spots that light up green.

Is something plugged in wrong do you think? Board bad? I have extra boards around. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

20200401_172935 (resized).jpg20200401_173326 (resized).jpg
#2 61 days ago

Usually a sign of the board going.

You can push on the connectors to the LED board and see if it improves. They could be flaky.

LTG : )

#3 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Usually a sign of the board going.
You can push on the connectors to the LED board and see if it improves. They could be flaky.
LTG : )

Any board in particular or just each board that's involved with the wrong lights?

#4 60 days ago

It looks to me like a board is missing and not turned off in the software. Are all the boards there?

#5 60 days ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

It looks to me like a board is missing and not turned off in the software. Are all the boards there?

I'll have to look again but all of the lights light correctly in white and blue

#6 58 days ago

Just a follow-up in case somebody has an issue in the future. It ended up being Board number 15. Someone has disconnected it and bypassed it which caused the problem further down the line. I ended up having to look at every wire in the game to figure it out. I always thought that it started with the board that was giving you the issue. In this case it started at board 27.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside