reefer_madness (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png
20170623_085618 (resized).jpg
IMG_4760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Sweet!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

They are green when not touched, then go to a dark blue when i can get them to fire.
BTW not sure if it's new or I just noticed but love that you can now move the TOTO lights.
Have a look:
» YouTube video

TOTO lights moving with flippers is old.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Does anyone know if the 'no place like home' lights are still sepia toned in the new code? In the beta they were more white. Thanks.

Don't remember, but they seemed more white last night...

Installed 6.5 WOZ and 2.0 Hobbit and got on my high score lists for both games!

Does anyone know what "Courtesy Kicks" are? It's listed in the changelog.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You say that, but. . .
So I took all the pages from this thread, did a very quick level of parsing to extract out all the messages, and then sent them through a Sentiment Analysis (Natural Language Processing using Python NLTK Text classification: http://text-processing.com/demo/sentiment/)
The thread is more negative than positive (the model used for this analysis is used to analyze movie reviews and comments, so relatively speaking, a good model for pinside data).
People are appreciating the hard work and commitment of the JJP team, but the sentient of this thread has a negative bias.

LOL...everytime someone mentions There's No Place Like Home" its negative!

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Little numbers are momentarily floating above the main score to show switch hit values.

Not just switch hit values, but whatever you just scored: jackpots, etc...it's awesome!

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Sylk-7:

Well I was very glad to know that JJP did this update, but so it is only my opinion, did not correct the light when played the way the witch melts, and most importantly I can not understand, you enter the final mode '' Somewhere Over the Rainbow ', and does not have an end, I'm sorry JJP, Oz is the best machine there is in the market, I mean the complex game, but not having an ending is very sad, so Stern is not even talk is unfortunate, Older machines like AMFM, Medieval, TOTAN, and others have an end, this is the most expected by a player, I am more a player than a collector, but I respect all opinions, well that's it.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone summarize the best changes? I haven't played one yet with this code and understand there are release notes but curious as to what made the biggest impact to the WOZ club?

I personally love the floating scores and ball reserve features that were added.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

It's used in a lot of video games, but typically for hit point (aka health) reduction. For example, when the elf attacks the magic bear, a little "50" might appear above the magic bear and float upward for a second. This tells you that the elf did 50 points of damage to the magic bear.
In the case of Woz, it's additive (not damage). When you hit a target, a little 50 appears above your score and floats upward for a second. When you hit lots of targets, you'll see several numbers (apparently somewhat randomly spaced) floating upward for a second or so.
It's nice.
Two games come to mind immediately that do it: (1) Diablo 3 and (2) Boarderlands

It's nice when you've worked up a nice jackpot shot and hit it. You can look up and see how much the shot was worth.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It sounds like it's just changing the way extra balls are played. Instead of them being immediately after current ball, they're shoved to the end of the regular 3-ball game. That way, if you have a 4p game and P1 has 3 extra balls and nobody else has any, players 2 3 and 4 don't have to sit there bored to tears waiting on this one guy to play 3 extra balls, he just gets them after player 4 finishes their last ball.

It also allows a player to join in at any time. If you're on ball 2 and a friend comes in and wants to play he can instantly join and will start his game after you drain. Players always alternate so nobody sits waiting for multiple balls from one player to another.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's not rhetorical, it happened with The Hobbit. On the route I help with, the sound popping issue was so annoying people quickly just refused to play it. I was going in daily to reboot it manually (the problem happens after some time on) to minimize it happening, but eventually it was just too much of a hassle, and it was sent to a home where it probably would never have the issue (since people don't leave pins on 24/7 at home, usually). Neither issue so far with Dialed In (popping or lockups), so fingers crossed.

I though Keith implemented a temporary fix that automatically reboots the game after it's been in for so long and nobody is playing (I.e. At like 3AM it would happen)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-code-update-65?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.