reefer_madness (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 9.26.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_0059.JPG (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 3.21.33 PM (resized).png
20170623_085618 (resized).jpg
IMG_4760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I download 6.5 delta to Mac and get a big folder of stuff. No zip or compression?

Yeah just put the whole folder onto a thumb drive and use the USB update option in the setup menus.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That works? Cool!

Yeah, just keep the name of the folder the same. It needs to be "woz_update"

#145 6 years ago

I didn't notice the light show differences that much... the game has the best light show out there by far already so it's hard for me to see such a minor difference.

Keeping 6.5 myself, love ball in reserve mode, floating scores and which responsiveness that is aligned with 6.06 and below versions.

#160 6 years ago

Yes, Yep, agree, agreed, correct, plus, add, do, fantastic, great, terrific, positive, outstanding, up, upward, affirmative, absolutely, right, sure, yeah, ya, okiedokie....

#176 6 years ago

+1 on floating scores and reserve mode

Also love the daily high score add, although for me it's obnoxious but guests love it.

Also fixes the winki ball jam issue (at least I can no longer replicte it).

Some more subtle light effects added even though a few old ones accidentally got dropped (but sounds like will be back soon).

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

What is the Winkie Ball Jam issue?

Its was a rare thing that could occur if the ball gets stuck between the plastic over the winki and the winki as it is resetting where the coil will lock on since the target can't reset with the ball there. It is pretty rare for the ball to get stuck like that in the first place and even then 9 times out of 10 the coil will not lock on anyway.

It existed in 6.06 and was resolved by 6.11 not sure about any earlier versions.

The coil isn't going to instantly burn out though so if you have multiball going and can knock it loose with your next shot or two you'll be fine, otherwise just turn the game off and let it release.

The only danger is if the game is if nobody notices and leaves it like that. The coil will edventually die and need replacement.

#197 6 years ago

This update doesn't. Full updates will. You can save your stats settings etc before updating to be safe.

#228 6 years ago

Sounds like something wrong with the winki release solonoid or latch. Does it go down in test mode?

I haven't gotten to melt the witch with 6.5 but it was fine with the beta.

#230 6 years ago

I wonder if coil timing or strength on the latch release changed and whether its something we can adjust in settings?

2 months later
#259 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I was excited to see that Winkie Guard ball stuck issue was addressed with the code update but I've had two occasions since updating the code that the ball has still gotten stuck between the top of the Winkie guard target and the plastic above...
Anyone else still having that issue?

Maybe it can still potentially happen under certain circumstances then? I used to be able to replicate it very easily before but now i can try to cause it over and over without the coil ever locking on.

For me though even before the update this has never actually happened during actual gameplay. I think adjustment may be a contributing factor.

1 month later
#264 6 years ago

I have experienced something very similar to what you are describing but have not yet gone through and detailed out the parameters like you have.

Will give it a try tonight if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

#268 6 years ago

I tried a few times to replicate with the glass off but couldn’t. There may be another unknown in play.

Any chance any of your balls are magnetized? Sometimes that can cause balls to be in unexpected postions in the lock and/or trough. I know when I had some of those super shiney balls lots of wierd things would happen.

#275 6 years ago

So wierd as it never happens to me following your steps.

Maybe it’s being triggered by a setting? I’m using ball in reserve mode, maybe the issues doesn’t manifest in that mode... will try switching back.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m using balls in reserve. That is weird. You are on the latest release, right? Not a beta version? Since it’s happening to at least one other person, it must be a code issue.
It could be there is some other setting, but I’m not sure what that would be. I’ve given myself a 10 second ball save, but I let that expire before I try. Do you have a ball save, and if so, do you let it expire before trying?

I'll double check to make sure I didn't go back to the beta or anything like that but I don't know why I would have. Ball save is a difference as do not have any ball save on, I'll try turning that on and see if it happens then.

#278 6 years ago

Well I’m on 6.5 and tried both ball in reserve and ball in play plus tried adding a ball save.

To confirm, without looking back up at your directions, here is what I’m trying:

- Start a new game, no balls held in locks.
- Lock Lion, then lock Scarecrow, tin man not yet enabled.
- push ball up ramp, letting two release from lock so that one ball is left in lock
- let one ball drain and shoot the ramp (tin man still not enabled).

Not sure what to try now, sorry I wasn’t much help here, still pretty sure this has happened to me before though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-code-update-65?tu=merccat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.